Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady (44069 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2023
biggz82:
Don't let you brother deceive you, he is fully aware of the wife SS status. He should tell you guys the truth why he wants to leave the marriage
You are the only intelligent person here. I have been wondering how he stayed with a sickler for a very long time yet he claimed not to be aware. Is he such a fool? That was the reason I said the story is fake.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by achimendy(m): 11:01am On Jan 24, 2023
homesteady:

So SS people shouldn’t get married?

They shouldn't o, instead of giving birth to sickle.
I know a friend who's ss, since from sec school, he always look weak, immediately after secondary school he died .
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Chee59(f): 11:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Creamypie:
they can and do find love, bro. The comments you see on this topic are primarily against not being truthful about the health status at the beginning
I'm NOT your bro.
And I've been long on this app to know people would bare their minds because they won't be cancelled for it.
I've also seen threads about people living with Sickle Cell, and know that hate is the general denominator. Don't try to pacify me. I know what my eyes have seen in over a decade on this forum.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Greatdand007(m): 11:29am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?

Tell your brother to marry her God will turn her from SS to AA if you believe in prayer it worked for me
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2023
Chee59:

I'm NOT your bro.
And I've been long on this app to know people would bare their minds because they won't be cancelled for it.
I've also seen threads about people living with Sickle Cell, and know that hate is the general denominator. Don't try to pacify me. I know what my eyes have seen in over a decade on this forum.
alright girl
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by AreaFada2: 11:32am On Jan 24, 2023
Paulheyman:

Note
1) SCD is not an infections so can't be likened to HIV. it's a genetic hereditary disease Traced to the mutation involving substituting valine for glutamic acid. These substitution actually leads to what you call SCD. Sometimes it's not only valine that is substituted it may be other amino acids. So, the disease severity is mostly determined (but not always) at the gene.
2) on treatment: Gene therapy to the best of my knowledge is the only valid treatment/cure in SCD however, SCD can be managed. In the management of SCD different pathways of the disease pathophysiology is considered. That's why SCD patients are advised to take vitamin C, folic acid, B-complex, pyridoxine, zinc tablet and malaria prophylactic drugs. If any sickler uses these drugs judiciously, then, you can't really tell if he is a SCD patient or not
3) on carrier: if you have AS or AC etc. genotype then you are a carrier of the sickle cell treat. Simply means you can give birth to a sickle cell child and you can also have sickle cell crisis under reduced oxygen tension
4) Many misconception exist in SCD. Mine is to enlighten you and many others

My opinion on the subject of discuss: 1) She was wrong: you don't risk the life of others to get married. By deception the marriage is void. She is selfish too
2) If the man was at least AA, my point holds. I have met many young SS patients happily married.
3) In Africa; mortality rate are usually higher in infants so, at adulthood, the recurrence of vaso-occlusive crisis is significantly reduced to an extent that the patient may not even have crisis that's the reason the husband couldn't tell if the wife was sick or not.
Good that you know that the marriage could be null and void.

Despite saying she is selfish, you still imply that it's still somehow acceptable to conceal conditions like haemophilia A, Huntington's, Marfan's, Fragile X and other potentially serious conditions from a prospective spouse because they are not infectious? I would have thought Ethics was part of higher education anywhere in the world?

Some people got infected with HIV while helping others such as in health care settings. They struggle to come to terms with it. Or infected by someone who faked a clean HIV test result. Should we also say this group is different from those who got it through gay sex or not being careful enough? Should the unlucky group be able to conceal theirs from spouse?
Or you are happier to "stigmatise" infectious diseases that are well controlled (to the point of not being infectious) but inherited diseases not?

You can create a thread to purposely enlighten people on it SCD. I for one have seen lots of people with the suffering that comes with it. It's not a joke. Many survived childhood but later suffer in their prime. Even in an environment with the best possible care available anywhere.

Nobody has said SS people should all remain unmarried but nobody should be deceived into it.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Porksupplyib: 11:42am On Jan 24, 2023
Creamypie:
S.S matter eh, them no dey use love or emotion oh. Na objectivity and realism them dey use face am, no matter whose ox faces the brunt. Forget "I been love am" or "she love me" or "we are in love" gist. If at least one of the marriage partners no be complete AA, In this case, he has these options. 1. divorce her and marry another wife with AA genotype. 2. reman married, but no kid. 3. Remain married, have kids with SS genotype, and drain or strain you both emotionally, mentally, and financially, and who will suffer from birth till premature death, at 24 years at most 4. Remain married, with no kid, but have an AA side chick who will birth healthy children for u. Thank God am AA.I can marry any woman on earth
Since u are AA and can marry any woman in earth, why then are u adding divorce to the suggestions u are giving him?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Zico777(m): 12:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

You lack comprehension.

The guy's genotype doesn't matter. Even if he was AA and they give birth to children who are all AS, he will be drained emotionally and financially taking care of a SS wife. You think the wife as an SS will not fall sick from time to time? Who will take care of her hospital bills and be there emotionally for her? The husband!
U are right!
That doesn't warrant u to say i lack comprehension.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Porksupplyib:

Since u are AA and can marry any woman in earth, why then are u adding divorce to the suggestions u are giving him?
that means u didn't read to understand. Iine 7, I said at least one of em has to be AA, irrespective of genotype of the other. Whether ss, as, aa.as AS can't marry AS or SS
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by DollarSigns(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

So ? It’s natural that your brother is opting for a divorce but sometimes life’s problems isn’t solved by running away.
We can’t have everything perfect as we want, it’s natural that life adds twists to our stories.
To err is human but forgiveness is divine.
Whenever you say you’re getting married please be ready to accommodate twists, these ladies are also trying there for themselves for their happiness
Your brother agreed to find happiness with his woman, they both agreed, otherwise they should have remained single
So it’s a twist from a blind eye on the part of your brother and deceit on the lady’s part
Buh that can be overlooked as far as it’s not life threatening
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Kingsean(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
flourishing247:

Some don't have the above features. Check sickle motivator on instagram. You would never know except she tells you.

if she's SS you'd know. it's only people with SC that look healthier
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by eROCK247(m): 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

There's no need for a divorce, the marriage should be annulled instead. If he can prove that the wife actually lied about her health status, it means the marriage was not valid in the first place: it was a sham.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by IMASTEX: 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

It is very difficult for an SS to completely conceal his/her genotype in reality. There is always an obvious sign in their physical appearance reference to their eyes, nails, lips, body, etc. Secondly, they appear often weak and can only handle very minimal level of physical activities & equally fall ill regularly. One doesn't really need a laboratory test to affirm that, except for AS genotype. Nevertheless, a marriage on deception was never a marriage in the first place but a cohabitation. He can take sometime to clear off his head before making a final decision should be respected by all. The lady was actually desperate & scared of losing him, hence the lies which was a bad idea. I have seen many getting married with the partner in full knowledge.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by IMASTEX: 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
Creamypie:
that means u didn't read to understand. Iine 7, I said at least one of em has to be AA, irrespective of genotype of the other. Whether ss, as, aa.as AS can't marry AS or SS
Well, AS can marry AS but must be under medical supervision. I know of close person who did with full knowledge of their genotype, when I probe further he told me there are medical procedure for them. They have got a none carrier child already. Though, it costs money.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by space9880: 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I concur. Boys do not get married, only men do .
fuuuuuuuuuuuuul. Big fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by phemmyfour: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

Divorce all the way
The foundation of the union was built on lies
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Tito24: 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2023
BigIyanga:

Advice powered by ignorance
you wey sabi

Idiot like you

I have a kid with SS genotype

Capital ode!
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Oga shut up and stop fooling yourself. It's not every sickler that has the physical features of a sickler. There are many sicklers in this world that even if you spend 5 years with them, you wouldn't know they are sicklers except they tell you.
A fool spotted.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Rayban25:

If you dont know something fully why not just ask or shut up instead of saying rubbish with confidence?
Oga shut up. Even her sister that came for a short visit noticed she is a sickler but him as an ode like you didn't. grin
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
A fool spotted.

Ode! How many sicklers for this world you don see? You see only few sicklers for the hole wey you dey stay for Nigeria, you start to dey generalise. Zombie!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Ode! How many sicklers for this world you don see? You see only few sicklers for the hole wey you dey stay for Nigeria, you start to dey generalise. Zombie!
Ode. If her sister that just came for a short visit noticed she is a sickler why can't he? I no blame you. You be ode like him.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Ode. If her sister that just came for a short visit noticed she is a sickler why can't he? I no blame you. You be ode like him.

Ozuor. You said you can Know if someone is a sickler by mere looking at the person. Knowledgeable people on this platform told you it's not every sickler that you can recognize physically. Because you get coconut head, you still dey argue.

Zombie!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Ozuor. You said you can Know if someone is a sickler by mere looking at the person. Knowledgeable people on this platform told you it's not every sickler that you can recognize physically. Because you get coconut head, you still dey argue.

Zombie!
So how did her sister know? Did she take her blood samples? Lol.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Oga shut up. Even her sister that came for a short visit noticed she is a sickler but him as an ode like you didn't. grin

No need of displaying your stupidity further.Shut up.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by SodiumValproate: 7:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
dochenaj:

You're wrong.

AS - AS is 25% AA, 25% SS, and 50% AS

AS - AA is 50% AS, 50% AA

AS - SS is 50% AS, 50% SS
Who thought you mathematics? Especially algebra?

Dude... Go back to school.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My sister who noticed something unusual about the lady before marriage turned into my brother's enemy till after his discovery
grin
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by weslay: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
GentlePEACE:

You are right, what about his feelings of deceit. How can she hide such from him

I remember my wife telling me a top secret even before she visited me for the first time, so there was no ish when i discovered myself. Trust is very key in a marriage

Sure, she should have informed him.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
So how did her sister know? Did she take her blood samples? Lol.

Kaii. You dull sha. Lord have mercy.

That you see someone and know he/she is a sickler doesn't mean you can identify every sickler in this world just by looking at them as you claim you can. Which school you even go?

If you were not stupid, you would have known that it was the doctor that told the man his wife is SS when she wanted to deliver through CS. Abi you nor read the post? Zombie!!!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Kaii. You dull sha. Lord have mercy.

That you see someone and know he/she is a sickler doesn't mean you can identify every sickler in this world just by looking at them as you claim you can. Which school you even go?

If you were not stupid, you would have known that it was the doctor that told the man his wife is SS when she wanted to deliver through CS. Abi you nor read the post? Zombie!!!
Na you dull. The op said her sister noticed and informed him but she was seen as an enemy.It was when the Doctor said it that he believed.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 9:47pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Na you dull. The op said her sister noticed and informed him but she was seen as an enemy.It was when the Doctor said it that he believed.

Lol. Na wetin i read you read? Please, show me where the op said her sister noticed it and informed him.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Justbehave(m): 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Lol. Na wetin i read you read? Please, show me where the op said her sister noticed it and informed him.
Read what he said in the first screen shot

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Read what he said in the first screen shot

Ode! grin grin grin grin.

His sister noticed something unusual in the lady. Did he tell you the unusual something has to do with the woman being a sickler?

Someone told you that his sister noticed something unsual about the woman. No information was given about the unusual something that was noticed. But you foolishly assumed that what his sister noticed in the woman were physical features of sickle cell disease. Ozuor!!! That's how they fail exams in school!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / 9-Year-Old Girl Describes Her Dad In A Note She Wrote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.