Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,448 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady (44046 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by harjay1986: 8:08am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.

Do you know Adekunle Gold is one
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Airoflaw(m): 8:09am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
then it's dangerous if your brother is AS, but since you said she has giving birth what is the status of the child?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Psoul(m): 8:11am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?

Your brother is a very careless fellow.
He told you he was busy to take her wife to be to a lab where they will confirm their blood compatibility.
This the most callous man I've seen.
Not having time to personally handle what has great effect to his whole life .
Now you guys are saying that he was deceived.
And come to think of this guy walking away at the point the wife was in danger showed how careless he is.
What was he thinking at that point.
He wanted to show that he was angry. Silly attitude.
If that woman had died (God forbid) his problems would've bn doubled.
Let him go back and continue in his already running marriage and sort things out with his lovely wife.

And for the woman to know her real genotype and came up with fake result, God will judge her.
She is a very wicked soul. She just paused the life of this guy. Too bad.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by olatunji390(m): 8:13am On Jan 24, 2023
dochenaj:
When you are AS/SS, issues like genotype become the first thing you want to find out especially when you think someone might end up being a life partner.

How the SS lady was okay with marrying someone with AS genotype thus putting the probability of them having a SS child at 50% is beyond imagination.

Is she illiterate and doesn't understand the probability of giving birth to an SS baby?

If she was AS, I'll say she doesn't know firsthand the pain of being a sickler, but she has experienced the pain and yet wants to put her child through such.

That's beyond reckless, it is psychological. She needs to have her head checked.

However, about the marriage dissolution I have no solution. This matter is too complicated.

75% sir
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by blaise26abj(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Cutehector:
cc blaise26abj. Next time always read.

It doesn’t mean I didn’t read . It’s not like he said it in his main write up . I missed where he said so . But even at that I was quite specific that if the guy or any guy is AA they should reconsider especially if there is love involved .

Since he is not , my previous statement infers he should not reconsider .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Emeka511(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.
We like the fake story oya give us your own... Your head de shake

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by dochenaj: 8:17am On Jan 24, 2023
SodiumValproate:

The probability is 75%

AS - AS is 50%

AS - SS is 75%

SS - SS is 100%

You're wrong.

AS - AS is 25% AA, 25% SS, and 50% AS

AS - AA is 50% AS, 50% AA

AS - SS is 50% AS, 50% SS
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by REALretep(m): 8:20am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
This is really sad. Marriage based on deceit 🤦
AS marrying SS 🥺
The marriage cannot stand

Now I understand why catholic hospitals take couple tests very serious. They will take a picture of both of you and insist both of you must be present to collect the result. They also ask a number of personal questions too.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by blaise26abj(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2023
Cutehector:
normal to damn the consequences at the detriment of unborn children?

Oh come off it Blaise, dont think selfishly. If you want to damn the consequences then do it so that it will affect only you and your wife and not the unborn children.

I understand you perfectly and I am speaking from personal experience . It is easy to say that if you haven’t experienced it . Yes you will consider being selfish .please try to understand me . You don’t love people based on their genotype . You love people based on a lot of things other than genotype . Ass, character, beauty , big brezz , money etc . Most times genotype is not what is on the table . Once emotions are involved and you find out , it is usually difficult and painful to leave even for a guy. And most ladies will be so emotionally attached . Sentiments will always be there .
Lying about it is bad and knowingly going into it when there are no resources to make guarantee the kids genotype is horrible to the unborn kids that will come and suffer the consequences of the decision .

I am not making excuses but I am only telling you it can be a rather complex and hard decision ( atimes irrational ) to make especially when the parties love themselves . Emotion is a powerful thing bro . Have you heard of hiv negative men marrying hiv positive women ? Or a woman from a very wealthy home marrying a struggling guy . Are those rational decisions ?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by dochenaj: 8:41am On Jan 24, 2023
olatunji390:

75% sir
You're the second person that quoted me stating that it is 75%. I don't know how you both could have gotten it wrong.

Now let me explain it to you.

So the SS person has both genes mutated while the AS has just a single gene mutated.

What that means is that the AS person could either give their A or S gene to the child while the S person will always give an S gene.

When the carrier gives an A gene the child is AS and when the carrier gives an S gene the child is SS.

You see there are only two equal probabilities either an AS or SS depending on which gene the carrier of the mutated gene gives to the child.

Hence the 50% chance of an AS or 50% chance of an SS.

Anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Tallesty1(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2023
osazsky:
if ur bro is AA i see no issue here..but she for let ur bro know her health status....if he is rich he better complete wt he started
I think the real issue is not her genotype but the deception

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Exceed15: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2023
Being SS is not an evil thing but faking the result is totally a huge mistake on her part. I can marry an SS if she told me from onset because some manages so we'll you wouldn't detect.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by jerry1234567890(m): 8:54am On Jan 24, 2023
Men if ur brother genotype is AA wat is wrong to marry her as SS. no problem der
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by diegwu02: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Deception part should be the problem.
The Wife is SS and the husband didn't know for 2 years, this only tells that the wife isn't the sickly SS and is quite healthy.
The marriage can stand if the Hubby forgives the deception. They could be lucky and all have all healthy kids who would grow and make them proud.
The man could also leave his wife and marry an AAAA who would give him heart attack in 6 months or develop cancer or they both give birth to armed robbers.
there is no formula to things like this. Its always the Grace of God that keeps one through
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Osek(m): 9:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
It's better he divorce her but why didn't he take a personal test with her before concluding with the marriage

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Solocoin: 9:21am On Jan 24, 2023
But I'm surprised to hear she's an SS but she didn't sick constantly.
Your brother should continue with his busyness as he was busy to go and run a test that is as important and anything important.
Who is he planning to left her to?
Let him take her back of her own SS is not the sicking type.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by delishpot: 9:29am On Jan 24, 2023
Paulheyman:

Note
3) on carrier: if you have AS or AC etc. genotype then you are a carrier of the sickle cell treat. Simply means you can give birth to a sickle cell child and you can also have sickle cell crisis under reduced oxygen tension
4) Many misconception exist in SCD. Mine is to enlighten you and many others

I have been thinking of this. Can you educate me more on the symptoms AS people might have? Cos I have been arguing with people that AS genotype people can exhibit SS crisis but they all say nah. That AS are only carriers who dont show symotom.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Chee59(f): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2023
Go through the comments and see why an SS lady will forge a medical test result just to get married even if she knows the truth will be out in the open one day.

Sickle Cell Disorder is the number 1 genetic disorder in the world. You'd think that as common as it is, the Nigerian society would have found a way to accommodate and accept Sickle Cell warriors for who they are but no.

Utter stigmatisation, discrimination even from supposedly educated folks trail any reveal of one's health status.

Go through the comments and tell me if a sickle Cell warrior stands any chance of finding love in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 9:44am On Jan 24, 2023
Germi9:

What if the guy is AA
the one for this story, he's AS. But an AA can marry anybody at all

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 9:49am On Jan 24, 2023
delishpot:

I have been thinking of this. Can you educate me more on the symptoms AS people might have? Cos I have been arguing with people that AS genotype people can exhibit SS crisis but they all say nah. That AS are only carriers who dont show symotom.
its recessive trait in them. Its when they combine with another AS, it stands a complete chance of being dominant in SS kid
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by delishpot: 9:53am On Jan 24, 2023
Creamypie:
its recessive trait in them. Its when they combine with another AS, it stands a complete chance of being dominant in SS kid

Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Isabi4lov: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Abi o , there's no way you won't know a sickler, I lost two of my classmates to sickle cell disease.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by MrDoGood(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?

If your brother is AA, no problem. If he's AS... Hmmmmmmm

Otilo oh
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Creamypie(m): 10:02am On Jan 24, 2023
Chee59:
Go through the comments and see why an SS lady will forge a medical test result just to get married even if she knows the truth will be out in the open one day.

Sickle Cell Disorder is the number 1 genetic disorder in the world. You'd think that as common as it is, the Nigerian society would have found a way to accommodate and accept Sickle Cell warriors for who they are but no.

Utter stigmatisation, discrimination even from supposedly educated folks trail any reveal of one's health status.

Go through the comments and tell me if a sickle Cell warrior stands any chance of finding love in Nigeria.
they can and do find love, bro. The comments you see on this topic are primarily against not being truthful about the health status at the beginning
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Offpointng: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2023
weslay:

What is your brother's genotype? If your brother is AA, then there is no risk that any of their children will be SS

Have you also considered the fact that she can die at any time
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by enonche85(m): 10:13am On Jan 24, 2023
Creamypie:
S.S matter eh, them no dey use love or emotion oh. Na objectivity and realism them dey use face am, no matter whose ox faces the brunt. Forget "I been love am" or "she love me" or "we are in love" gist. If at least one of the marriage partners no be complete AA, In this case, he has these options. 1. divorce her and marry another wife with AA genotype. 2. reman married, but no kid. 3. Remain married, have kids with SS genotype, and drain or strain you both emotionally, mentally, and financially, and who will suffer from birth till premature death, at 24 years at most 4. Remain married, with no kid, but have an AA side chick who will birth healthy children for u. Thank God am AA.I can marry any woman on earth

any SS lady that tricks a guy into marrying her is self centered and wicked. She didn't even think of how the unborn kids will surfer, na love matter to her the most.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by GentlePEACE: 10:13am On Jan 24, 2023
weslay:

What is your brother's genotype? If your brother is AA, then there is no risk that any of their children will be SS

You are right, what about his feelings of deceit. How can she hide such from him

I remember my wife telling me a top secret even before she visited me for the first time, so there was no ish when i discovered myself. Trust is very key in a marriage
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by homesteady(m): 10:27am On Jan 24, 2023
Olmat:
I really do understand your pain, the only issue here is the fact she hid her status you. But marrying an SS is not a death sentence. I'm married to an SS, my beautiful wife, we have a daughter who's As. My wife hardly gets sick and you won't know she's SS unless she tells you.

God bless your home.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by homesteady(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

How can't you see an issue even if the man is AA? You think the woman that is SS will not be falling sick from time to time? Wouldn't that make the man be spending money on medical care?

So SS people shouldn’t get married?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by biggz82: 10:40am On Jan 24, 2023
Don't let you brother deceive you, he is fully aware of the wife SS status. He should tell you guys the truth why he wants to leave the marriage
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2023
homesteady:

So SS people shouldn’t get married?

They can but they should not hide their genotype status from their partners. With the knowledge, it is left for their partners to decide whether to marry them or leave the relationship. A partner who is aware that his/her wife or husband is SS will be well equipped to weather the storm when health challenges arise in the marriage than one who learnt of his wife's genotype after wedding.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by achimendy(m): 10:57am On Jan 24, 2023
Shalommy:
Tell your bro. to finish what he started ooundecided

Mad woman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man With 100 Children Proposes To His Own Daughter Mistakenly. Photos / They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.