Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady (44087 Views)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / My Wife Tricked Into Marrying Her After Discovering She is HIV Positive / My Husband Kidnapped, Raped And Forced Me Into Marrying Him – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by jessylaurel(f): 7:07am On Jan 24, 2023
mrblessed:
It's a fraud. Your brother must take part of the blame for not doing due diligence.

Its obvious he didn't tell the fiancee his genotype too. So both of them deserve each other. They should both continue with their hide and seek marriage.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 7:09am On Jan 24, 2023
blaise26abj:

Never said it’s ok to lie . Besides I didn’t see where he said he is AS . If he is AA , the. There is no cause for alarm for the kids . For the wife though ,it is a serious issue that I believe can still be resolved if the guy truly loves the girl .

Please don’t say it is dumb . It is quite difficult to find love normally in this world . Then you get to lose it because of something you had no direct responsibility for. It is difficult to let go and it is perfectly normal to want to damn the consequences .
he mentioned AS. And i will show you.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Olusho1872: 7:10am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.
Adekunle gold na SS, if he no talk am , nobody go know now .no be by face o

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 7:10am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
cc blaise26abj. Next time always read.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 7:12am On Jan 24, 2023
blaise26abj:

Never said it’s ok to lie . Besides I didn’t see where he said he is AS . If he is AA , the. There is no cause for alarm for the kids . For the wife though ,it is a serious issue that I believe can still be resolved if the guy truly loves the girl .

Please don’t say it is dumb . It is quite difficult to find love normally in this world . Then you get to lose it because of something you had no direct responsibility for. It is difficult to let go and it is perfectly normal to want to damn the consequences .
normal to damn the consequences at the detriment of unborn children?

Oh come off it Blaise, dont think selfishly. If you want to damn the consequences then do it so that it will affect only you and your wife and not the unborn children.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by DJInfluence: 7:13am On Jan 24, 2023
maasoap:

You don't know what you are saying at all. He just found out that he was deceived, but you didn't want him to be human. [b]Abandoned was a temporary decision to be able to process what is happening, not like he wouldn't go back to the hospital or take care of the mother and child. [/b]A lot would be going on in his mind, the wife should even be grateful that his family were there
Then maybe the write up should have read differently or I misunderstood it. But it sounded like he left her and it was his family (dad and bro) that where visiting her in the hospital.
I understand his anger and he has every right to feel betrayed like I said. But he should fulfill his duty for now and leave the decision making for weeks if not months later. Because any decision taken now might be as a result of anger and not objective reasoning.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 7:15am On Jan 24, 2023
Zico777:

Did u read the part where I asked of the guy's genotype?
Learn to comment sensibly.

You lack comprehension.

The guy's genotype doesn't matter. Even if he was AA and they give birth to children who are all AS, he will be drained emotionally and financially taking care of a SS wife. You think the wife as an SS will not fall sick from time to time? Who will take care of her hospital bills and be there emotionally for her? The husband!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Cutehector(m): 7:16am On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

You lack comprehension.

The guy's genotype doesn't matter. Even if he was AA and they give birth to children who are all AS, he will be drained emotionally and financially taking care of a SS wife. You think the wife as an SS will not fall sick from time to time? Who will take care of her hospital bills and be there emotionally for her? The husband!
thank you!
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by lesson44: 7:20am On Jan 24, 2023
It is unfortunate things went this way. I will advise your brother to be nice to her, she is nursing his baby and he can’t put her through any emotional stress. He can divorce her down the road but she need his support right now to care for their baby.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Sofyix: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2023
Kai omo the lady is selfish and wicked. This isn't love whether your brother is AA, As or SS, the freedom of choice and to choose was denied him, although he has a blame to take for not making sure everything was accurate by running another test when he had time. Who wan marry gats get time to follow up all through the preparation journey. Various of desires/motives are driving men and women to want to get into different things these days including marriage. In matters for the future proper management is required, like these are serious matters. But then a spade is a spade e no fit be hoe. The lady is SELF$SH period.....
weslay:

[quote author=weslay post=120298716]

This is a sad one. I pray the Child is AS.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by ogorwyne(f): 7:23am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:

My brother is AS
Haba, why would she do that to him na? So she is SS and still okay with having SS offsprings.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Okudiover(m): 7:23am On Jan 24, 2023
When i heard SS lady i thought your brother had landed for himself a staff of the state security services little did i know. grin
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by lomprico(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2023
Deeprooted:
After getting the job,he was posted to one northern state where he met the lady from the south west.

In less than 6 months, he told me someone wanted to say Hi to me when he called. I heard a lady's voice. He later introduced her to me as his fiancee.

Long story short. We went for wedding and all.

At the point of delivery which the doctor insisted on her having CS due to her medical condition, my brother insisted the wife will deliver via push. It was then the doctor made known to my brother " oga you're talking as if you're not aware of your wife's health"

Omo!!! Na there my brother come say he no Sabi ooo. It was discovered she's indeed SS. I asked my brother before we went for all the marriage rites of they're compatible health wise an he answered affirmative.

After the discovery, my brother left the wife in the hospital but my dad and I insisted he gets back to her till after everything.

It was when was after the successful surgery my brother told me that his wife brought the test result from another lab, reason being that he was busy when they were supposed to go for the test together.

My brother's mind is made up on divorce.

What will you advise my brother to do?

Haba! What happened to the love na ?
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by lomprico(m): 7:28am On Jan 24, 2023
ogorwyne:

Haba, why would she do that to him na? So she is SS and still okay with having SS offsprings.

It's not ok o!
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 24, 2023
Shalommy:
Tell your bro. to finish what he started ooundecided

There was no marriage in the first place. Men may have joined them in marriage but God did not joined them. Marriage founded on deceit is null and void according to Canon Law. If they are Catholics, the Church will not hesitate to dissolve the "marriage" as the Church reckons in situations like this that there was no marriage ab ignitio. It just that the process can take some time - a year to 5 years. It can be faster if the local Bishop and the Canon Lawyer work fast
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by 1Sharon(f): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

You lack comprehension.

If she was falling sick all the time, why didn't her husband know then??

That tells you she has a mild form of SS.

Come to the UK and see people with SS living their lives. Most ppl with SS are not helpless 🙄
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Graficient: 7:37am On Jan 24, 2023
She was SS and new you were AS, got married to you, got pregnant and even up to delivery she didn't bother to tell you or show any concern or fear about the implication on the child. Una no well
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by manando1(m): 7:43am On Jan 24, 2023
For better or worse
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by mrcrabs(m): 7:44am On Jan 24, 2023
Wahala
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by habsydiamond(m): 7:54am On Jan 24, 2023
Germi9:

What if the guy is AA
if the guy is AA he can marry her.. but he should be ready to attend to her financially, mentally and physically during the time of her crises.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by ddeola: 7:54am On Jan 24, 2023
First and foremost, it is a fake marriage since it was based on deceit. But if your brother na AA and he really loves the lady, he should forgive her and start their love afresh with both parties being honest and plain. It is well o
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by habsydiamond(m): 7:56am On Jan 24, 2023
jaxxy:

The lady is SS and has past the stage of having crisis at her age. The kids won't be SS if he is AA so if that's the situation they are still fine.

However the lady intentionally lied cos she can't be SS and not know from her childhood stage.

Once it comes to genotype both party should go to same hospital for the test if they don't already know or have a test report.
that's true both party needs to be aware of their genotype so as to avoid story that touch
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 7:57am On Jan 24, 2023
1Sharon:

If she was falling sick all the time, why didn't her husband know then??

That tells you she has a mild form of SS.

Come to the UK and see people with SS living their lives. Most ppl with SS are not helpless 🙄

Madam don classify Sickle cell disease (SS) into mild, moderate and severe! grin grin grin grin

First, who said people with SS are helpless? Who said people with SS can't live their lives?

Madam, there is nothing like mild form of SS. In the UK and other western countries, patients with SS will tend to do live healthier because of good health care, better standard of living, ability to avoid conditions that causes stress, cleaner environment etc. You can't compare that to someone who is SS in Nigeria who is always at risk of infections (such as malaria) stress, dirty environment, etc.

How many SS patients in the UK suffer from Malaria?

Let that SS person in the UK come stay in Nigeria for 2 months. He may go back as a corpse.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Slynation(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2023
Olmat:
I really do understand your pain, the only issue here is the fact she hid her status you. But marrying an SS is not a death sentence. I'm married to an SS, my beautiful wife, we have a daughter who's As. My wife hardly gets sick and you won't know she's SS unless she tells you.
Oga rest, perhaps you are AA, if not, you would have started seeing the issue already...
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Lifeemetu(m): 7:57am On Jan 24, 2023
Georgejeez:

Someone should help me tell this person he or she is a phuuul
😂😂😂😂😂
Abeg am entitled to my opinion naa
Na which kind neck pressing be this one
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by 1Sharon(f): 7:59am On Jan 24, 2023
Amayabor1:

Madam don classify Sickle cell disease (SS) into mild, moderate and severe! grin grin grin grin

First, who said people with SS are helpless? Who said people with SS can't live their lives?

Madam, there is nothing like mild form of SS. In the UK and other western countries, patients with SS will tend to do live healthier because of good health care, better standard of living, ability to avoid conditions that causes stress, cleaner environment etc. You can't compare that to someone who is SS in Nigeria who is always at risk of infections (such as malaria) stress, dirty environment, etc.

How many SS patients in the UK suffer from Malaria?

Let that SS person in the UK come stay in Nigeria for 2 months. He may go back as a corpse.

Your comment was patronising.
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by SodiumValproate: 8:00am On Jan 24, 2023
dochenaj:
When you are AS/SS, issues like genotype become the first thing you want to find out especially when you think someone might end up being a life partner.

How the SS lady was okay with marrying someone with AS genotype thus putting the probability of them having a SS child at 50% is beyond imagination.

Is she illiterate and doesn't understand the probability of giving birth to an SS baby?

If she was AS, I'll say she doesn't know firsthand the pain of being a sickler, but she has experienced the pain and yet wants to put her child through such.

That's beyond reckless, it is psychological. She needs to have her head checked.

However, about the marriage dissolution I have no solution. This matter is too complicated.
The probability is 75%

AS - AS is 50%

AS - SS is 75%

SS - SS is 100%
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by myrates: 8:00am On Jan 24, 2023
ednut1:
adekunle gold is SS no one knew till he said it
Wao! Never knew
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Slynation(m): 8:01am On Jan 24, 2023
Justbehave:
Fake story. It's only a fool who can't recognise a sickler through his or her physical structures and eye colours.
So because you knew something others doesn't know, they are all fools right...🙄🙄 And therefore, a fake story...

People needs to understand most stories are fictional in nature mainly for experience. Whether fake or true, what matters is the knowledge and experience you gained from it...
Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Amayabor1: 8:05am On Jan 24, 2023
1Sharon:

Your comment was patronising.

Apologies!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Was Deceived Into Marrying An SS Lady by Germi9: 8:07am On Jan 24, 2023
habsydiamond:
if the guy is AA he can marry her.. but he should be ready to attend to her financially, mentally and physically during the time of her crises.
Okay noted

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bulldog: If My Daughter Wants To Be A Prostitue At 18, I Won't Discourage Her / They Live In A Face Me I Face You Compound / We Have Stronger Women And Weaker Men Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.