Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? (25494 Views)

No Doubt Nigerians Are Suffering Now Than Ever Before / Who Is Suffering Now Between Nigerians , GEJ And His Wife ? / Buhari Waving To The Masses After Inauguration In 2015 Vs 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by buhariguy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Tifnubu said he'll continue from where buhari stopped...

Oya defend the rubbish above too
tinubu will continue in infrastructural policy of buhari which is progressive policy,
And fulfill more apc manifestoes which buhari fails to accomplish,like student loans, housing and car loans policy.
Also on the issue of power, more independent power plant will be established,
Issue of fuel scarcity will be a thing of the past
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Missgeraldine(f): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
buhariguy:
tinubu will continue in infrastructural policy of buhari which is progressive policy,
And fulfill more apc manifestoes which buhari fails to accomplish,like student loans, housing and car loans policy.
Also on the issue of power, more independent power plant will be established,
Issue of fuel scarcity will be a thing of the past

Tell that to your fellow urchins...sensible Nigerians have left you behind

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
It did work but not perfectly.

The masses may be suffering it the more of course, but why you haven't heard the grumbling of the rich is because you aren't in their circle.

Truth is that those who buried billions of the old money in hope of buying votes with it, have been forced to turn them in. And now can't withdraw more than 500k weekly. It's affecting them too but not as much as I'd wanted.

I wish the deadline wasn't shifted, so that those pile of money stashed away in GP tanks buried in their backyards will be made useless already
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by byteem: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
savcy:
The policy is partly sensible, but was doomed to fail due to weak laws, weak technological structures and weak institutions. The politicians for whom this law was made already have the new notes in the quantity they want. The masses, as always, will bear the brunt of a policy poorly executed. Emefiele, speaking to the house committee the other day said collection of old notes continues till further notice. Why then is there a deadline? Deadline for what? He also said bank notes in plastic wrappings were found in people's custody in parties across the country, which was against the law. Given that those notes can be traced all the way back to the issuing bank, it begs the question, "why aren't these banks penalised for these acts of deliberate sabotage against the government"? Our laws in this country are made to be deliberately weak. Too weak to have a functional society. This policy has completely failed. What a country!

Do politicians have new notes Yes .. Is it in the quantity they want Hell No..

If politics is a machine , cash is the diesel that powers that machine .. the entire underground political structure of Nigeria runs on Cash.. that underground political structure that cuts across party lines and has held Nigeria hostage for ions.

the little politicians New notes in some millions they get after pulling all their strings and calling in favours will make little or no Impact .. dont let them tell you its the masses that is affected .. the policy is a sucker punch to politicians .. presently they are confused .. most accounts that received large volume of unexplained cash are already on PND .. NOBODY stops them from depositing its when they want to withdraw..

Nigerians will adapt .. we always do .. i can tell you that even right now fintechs and some ingenious start-ups are thinking of ingenious ways to solve the problems created under this policy and make money.. afterall business thrives on problems , this is an opportunity for most .. Must our buses run on cash.. must our markets and traders deal only on cash , must our informal economy be so cash driven .. must you pay ur mechanic in cash,, must you buy those household items with cash, cant the bus park run an eticketing system for short routes. cant we have full scale adoption of touch and go payment devices(NFCs) rather than the time wasting POS machines .. ... everyone will have to get creative ..

go to east africa, kenya , tanzania , uganda, rwanda .. adoption of cashless system is across from top to bottom.. If this is the catalyst Nigerians need to adopt fully then so be it .. a little pain now but it benefits everyone in the long run.

when Jonathan wanted to deregulate fuel then .. Nigerians rejected it and gathered at Ojota . resisted it massively .. if it had been done then we wont have the current fuel crisis now.. and that only gets worse , some are waiting for dangote refinery ... bottom line get ready to buy fuel at 500 if not 700 per litre.. dangote produces cement in Nigeria and but it sells cheaper in Ghana despite export .. he is a business man not a patriot.. Dangote Refinery is not going to sell cheap, and NNPC limited is even an investor in the refinery project .. Nigerians are being prepped for the launch of that refinery which at this rate they will welcome with open arms.. but thats another kettle of fish..

back to our naira ;; the banks are the biggest beneficiaries of this policy ..their deposit rate has exponentially increased by billions if not trillions .. but will they ply it back through loans and credit schemes .. the answer is still open .. there is a lot to unpack..

solutions will come up to tackle these problems .. Banks and fintechs will have to invest in infrastructure, more employment.. more legal / clean money in circulation ..

but one thing is clear politicians are on the back foot ..
while some are licking their wounds, others are still shocked and living in denial .. they refuse to accept that this will not blow over.. or rather they think this will blow over and are irritated by the sheer will of Buhari's govt to see this through.. they never saw it coming
for buhari this is about life after he hands over..
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Agadinaagwuofe: 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Thank you so much my love 😍...tifnubu all of a sudden started caring for Nigerians.

Tifnubu even promised to continue from where buhari stopped, wahala pro max grin

I mean few months ago more than 44 people were buried in southern kaduna, these are peoples loved ones, fathers, brothers and husbands, I saw a lot of women crying and rolling on the floor. What is more heart wrenching and despicable than Nigerians dying cold blooded in their home land but none and I mean none of them cough out condemnation even the el rufai and ganduje going around complaining never utter any consolation despite it happened at their door step but now only cash swap and naira redesign all of them are baying now trying to draw in the masses into their ulterior motives. Infact let them stop the old currency today sef, we will cross the hurdle but politicians should stop masking their selfishness in the guise of "they care for masses"

Sometimes all those evil charlatans coming here to sell their soul by defending rubbish, I try to engage them but it is worthless but they should know that they are doing their country a great disservice and history will one day will place them on their deserve side of posterity.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by FireUpNow(m): 3:58pm On Feb 02, 2023
Truth is that Nigerian politicians just have the key to the room where common Nigerians are easily deceived.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by CursedOsuPigs: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Tifnubu has failed...he cried too late, people have made up their minds to vote him out.

Vote him out of where?
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by yemzone(m): 4:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
obembet:
[b]I remember when some foolish flat head people shouting Tinubu up-and-down as if it won't affect them.

Any way, let me use this opportunity to congratulate the incoming president. Atikulate.

Make Tinubu and obi go rest.
You're jumping here and there. I thought you supported Sowore sometimes ago.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by BeauBragnar11: 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
timota:
When the president wanted to end the use of old #1000, #500 and #200 by January 31, he made it look as if he is trying to checkmate corrupt politicians from having naira note in their private vault, and so many sadist commended him thinking that it is the political class that will suffer.

Just three days down the line, the reality is setting in and people could not buy or sell because of paucity of new notes and the politician that was taught to be the ones to bear the brunt do not join the ATM queue to withdraw the new note.

In my area, I have not heard of any big politician complain, it's just a call from bank managers and bags of new notes are taken to their houses, so will want to ask, in your area who is bearing the brunt: the politician or the masses?

STFU!!!!

Back your claims with hard evidences, quit this your beer parlor rhethorics!!!!

There's general shortage of the cash, The bank's don't even have it much to disburse.

PS: I work in a bank, so STFU.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by statesman6: 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
AcetylC:

The unfortunate masses, amongst whom are Urchins, Mikanos and Obidents; Ibos, Yorubas and others. Who says policies don't shape our collective future?
I love the way you group them together. They are fighting each other now and after the election they will become friends. In 2026 they will become enemy again
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by bdon123(m): 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2023
timota:
When the president wanted to end the use of old #1000, #500 and #200 by January 31, he made it look as if he is trying to checkmate corrupt politicians from having naira note in their private vault, and so many sadist commended him thinking that it is the political class that will suffer.

Just three days down the line, the reality is setting in and people could not buy or sell because of paucity of new notes and the politician that was taught to be the ones to bear the brunt do not join the ATM queue to withdraw the new note.

In my area, I have not heard of any big politician complain, it's just a call from bank managers and bags of new notes are taken to their houses, so will want to ask, in your area who is bearing the brunt: the politician or the masses?
Bro am part of d masses ..m not complaining.Notes no be fuel,it will pass within a week.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
Cashless policy is their earn gradually we will adapt.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by bdon123(m): 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

So na only this policy that has increased the suffering of the masses since the past 7yrs??

Why he no talk since?? Stop defending rubbish
U dey mind d idiots

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by yaki84: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
timota:

Do u hVe any big politicians in ur area at all??

Will they come to ur.house and strt complaining about the new naira policy?
Nigerians go dey inside their house sabi wetin dey happrn for perrson kitchen
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by omonnakoda: 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
kayone2:

Truth is that those who buried billions of the old money in hope of buying votes with it, have been forced to turn them in.

How do you know that anyone buried billions?
What is the source?
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by crixlight2(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

You're not making any sense my dear...where was he when inflation rose and food stuff prices rose because buhari shut down boarders, that one no affect people abi??

When fulani herdsmen dey kill people for their communities, where tifnubu dey?? He no affect people abi??

Stop defending rubbish
No vex you are right
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by obembet(f): 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
yemzone:

You're jumping here and there. I thought you supported Sowore sometimes ago.

Sure but the chance us low... I will not vote Atiku but I prefer him than others 3 tips candidate
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by timota(m): 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
BeauBragnar11:

STFU!!!!

Back your claims with hard evidences, quit this your beer parlor rhethorics!!!!

There's general shortage of the cash, The bank's don't even have it much to disburse.

PS: I work in a bank, so STFU.
That even make u not to understand what is happening

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Smokezz(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2023
timota:

Honestly some write up needs to be properly fact checked..

Your claims on politicians making order for bags of new naira note is false..
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by norriswood(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2023
Faithful0:
The masses oo
....u sure....nah Tinubu dey suffer now...mumu people from that side....
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by occam(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2023
philos:
You see, believe it or not, it's true the masses are momentarily affected by this policy, the truth remains that corrupt politicians were targeted, and they are still the one to suffer great loss in the long run.

History has shown that Nigerian Legislature has NEVER cared about the masses, so this their cries for the suspension of the new Naira policy is because they know it'll affect them, not that they care for the masses!

This is a battle for the soul of Nigeria, especially as it concerns the economy. If we can be patient with CBN, ordinary Nigerians will win! Remember, If you fight corruption, corruption will definitely fight back. Corrupt politicians are fighting hard against this CBN policy.

Above all, I beg you all, get your PVC and vote out the OLD ORDER and let's birth a New Nigeria.
Together We Can!
Our Mumu Don Do!!!!!

Currency redesign is an economic policy tool and Its goal must be to support economic activities. Redesigning the Naira, at this time just to target certain politicians is doomed to fail. The masses will suffer and bear the brunt. And we're seeing the effects. Why not make the old notes acceptable legal tender till the end of the year? What's the rush for the Feb 10 deadline? This is a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Is it right for the CBN to inflict pain on people in this manner to stop certain politicians? The greater good is to ensure uninterrupted daily economic activities for the people.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by maasoap(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
dustmalik:
I thought some idiots said it's only Tinubu and vote buyers that would suffer the drawbacks of the policy 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

That's Zombiedients for you.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by maasoap(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
FarahAideed:
Nigerians never learn , anybody that has over 1 million dollars will hardly be ever affected by bad governance , this is how they thought by voting Buhari Diezani will suffer but today Diezani is living good at Knightsbridge while most Nigerians suffer ...I warned against supporting nonsense currency swap but short sighted fools said it was needed to make Tinubu suffer 😅 but today it's the masses suffering

You believed that Nigerians voted for Buhari just to punish Diezani? Nonsense
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by maasoap(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

Tifnubu opened the wailing floor in Abeokuta last week grin

I'm sure that it has spread to your family
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by maasoap(m): 7:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
Missgeraldine:

So na only this policy that has increased the suffering of the masses since the past 7yrs??

Why he no talk since?? Stop defending rubbish

May be you too busy getting carried away by your hatred towards Tinubu and wasn't aware of his talks
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Missgeraldine(f): 7:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
maasoap:

May be you too busy getting carried away by your hatred towards Tinubu and wasn't aware of his talks

You still dey defend rubbish...can you ever get sense in this life??
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by FarahAideed: 7:12pm On Feb 02, 2023
maasoap:

You believed that Nigerians voted for Buhari just to punish Diezani? Nonsense

They kept shouting PDP were looting their so called money na 😁😁
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Missgeraldine(f): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2023
maasoap:

I'm sure that it has spread to my family

Fixed
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Okoroawusa: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
obembet:

I won't marry myself na
Hahahaha!... this your reply made me laugh. I couldn't help but come into the thread to tell you.
Babe, no think am. If truly you are not married you will in no time.
Incidentally I get this type of your material wey you wear.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by Blackdisciple(m): 7:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
The masses because the politicians have it already before now...

No be somebody dey spray bundle bundle of the new naira notes on newly wedded couple last week, and we dey here dey queue dey fight for banking hall for just some naira notes.
Re: New Naira Notes: Who Is Suffering Now - The Politicians Or The Masses? by TristanX: 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
dustmalik:
I thought some idiots said it's only Tinubu and vote buyers that would suffer the drawbacks of the policy 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Oga we prefer to suffer for atleast 3wks than suffer for 8 yrs. Meanwhile let Tilumbu suffer the lack of vote buying with us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Buhari: If You Elect Me, I Shall Serve You To The Best Of My Ability / Bright Ephraim Inyang Graduates With First Class From Coventry University UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.