Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. (27461 Views)

I Am Getting Married On 18th April 2020. Kogi Here We Come / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / Identical Twin Sisters Get Married On Same Day To Men From Same State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Goldbw122(m): 12:43pm On Feb 06, 2023
Me wey never check my genotype.. when when I get a girlfriend that is when I will check my DNA..
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by izombie(m): 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
ambivert27:
If your genotype is AA, you don't know what God has done for you 😚
oboy no be small thing o. Got married last august and i was so worried when we went to do our genotype that same august. Result came out and we were both AA o positive. Na that time i relaxed o.
But my question is, For abroad wey i dey nobody dey talk about genotype o, dem just dey give birth anyhow, dey marry anyhow but i have never seen a sickler here o. Na for only naija this genotype thing dey?

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by IamtheTruth1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.

You won set person up
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by ciencee(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
mostHandsome01:
I will be brutally honest with you and summarise as much as I can.

Believe me, it is better to marry who you love and loves you back than to marry someone because they are AA and after marriage, your life becomes miserable. Many ignorant people will tell you, don't marry your fiancee, you will suffer if you do, etc. But the truth is, knowing you and your fiancee are AS doesn't mean you will both go ahead to have children with SS. You can marry your fiancee that is also AS if you are properly informed. Many will tell you it is not worth it. Yes, it is not worth it to give birth to SS children and let them suffer, but it is worth it to get married to who will give you peace and then you both go through other well known, well proven means of giving birth to children without SS.

Some will tell you, it's too expensive to do as though the money is coming out of their pockets. This mostly happens in Nigeria due to the so many uneducated and uninformed people we have . Some are even educated but still uninformed. Technology has changed the scope of many things. To cut the long story short. If you must marry someone who is AS like you. Do not make the mistake of having a child without doing one of the 2 options below...

1) Prenatal testing: fertility clinics in Nigeria do this. When a woman is pregnant, they check the genotype of the fetus, if the featus is AA or AS (75% chance) they leave the fetus. But if the fetus is SS(25% chance) they safely remove the fetus. Now this isn't for everyone as some people may feel it's against their morals to remove a fetus even if it's SS. So for people like this, you can go for the second option

2) PGD : this is a process where a woman's egg is fertilized with a man's sperm. Several specimen will be carried out, the couple can then choose the one with either AA or AS, that way they stand no risk of having an SS child. Some people use this process to choose the gender of a child. And this process can also lead to twin and even more as many celebrities or people looking for children do this and that's why you see them giving birth to twins at once.

Now listen to me, some people will still discourage you. They will say the stress is not worth it because they are already lucky to find a partner that's AA. Some will say the money is too much even though the money isn't coming out from their pocket. The decision is yours and yours alone. If you want to marry for love and peace and the person giving you this is AS. Go for any of the options above. It's all your choice to make. So there you go. You either marry AA, or do any of the options above. Just make sure you do not have SS children.

May God bless you for giving him this advice,

I like people who goes extra mile to help and encourage people who are passing through difficult/perilous time.

Remain bless.

4 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by izombie(m): 12:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
Kajaard:

💯% FACTS.

Best response so far

cc: Barbados20
how is that the best response? You know whether op get money to do what that person suggested?
The best response here is to end the relationship, simple. Before you hear stories that touch the heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by gerizzim: 12:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
codemaniacs:

It has nothing to do with faith but knowing the date and time of day you had sex with your husband that resulted in your pregnancy.

How does the date Nd time of sex affect the genotype outcome of a baby?
Does morning sex or nite sex result to a particular genotyp?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by MightySparrow: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.

Marry your tribe and religion. Two wives at a go!
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by codemaniacs: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
gerizzim:

How does the date Nd time of sex affect the genotype outcome of a baby?
Does morning sex or nite sex result to a particular genotyp?

It may not affect it... I'm just been spiritual..

Most people whose genotype are SS have the same birth month.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by extroveee(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:
You can still have up to three kids, all (AS) if you go head. It is from the 4th child that comes out as (SS). You can confirm this by asking your doctor.

Its true with this generation, most especially with the rat at which girls commit abortion as if they are urinating.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Primusinterpares(m): 1:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
In what ever you do.....

Never never marry AS... No matter the affection attachment.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Gloriagee(f): 1:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
My dear bro, Shes not seriously practicing it FOR NOW. Wait, till u stay in the same house before u conclude. My position be say u still dey find wife. Marriage is quite different from courtship. Youre going to be in each other 's faces and space. Take your time and get the best fit for you.

Barbados20:
Goodmorning house. Family and friends are pressuring me to marry but this is the dilemma am going through.

Genotype has become a major barrier for me to get married to lady whom I love. We are tested both AS. My fiancee is from the same ethnic and christian background like me.

On the other hand, I have this female friend whom i recently ask to know about her gnotype. She told me she is AA. Like joke, i ask for confirmation and she brought all d test results frm different lab. The issue is now this female friend is not from my tribe, she from a muslim background although she does not seriously practice it.

My fiancee from my tribal background, but genotype did not match with me. And the other lady from different background, she is AA and match with me. One girl I dated then was AA but the love was not there between us.

Its really frustrating to be AS if you are a Man that want to settle down I am really confused right now. Am above 30. How do i handle this issue of Genotype, ethinc and religious issues? Pls i need advice.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by jmichael259(m): 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
kay29000:

Who told you that? I know an AS person that married an AC person and their first child is SC... If you don't know SC, it's like SS too, but not as bad. Don't misinform people... The first child can be SS if AS and AS get married.

For AS couples to first or only have AS or AA kids is mere luck. It can even be all sicklers, not just their first child.
Each pregnancy conception has a 1/3(SS,AA,AS) on textbook chance of being SS but in reality actually around 40% chance if parents are both AS.

Remember: This is for each new pregnancy to be conceived. The gene does not start counting during childbirth neither does it know how many kids the couple want.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by funkmrflexx(m): 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
Barbados20:

My wife and I are both AS and we plan to do prenatal testing once she gets pregnant. If you have the means to do these type tests or go for IVF then you should get married to the lady u love. I've already made up my mind to spend up to like 500k for test anytime my wife gets pregnant. So if you have the means you should proceed with marry her.

A lot of people are suffering from these issues today but I decided no to let it stop my happiness

5 Likes

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by sparkleboy(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

Who told you this ignorant statement?
Please stop propagating false information on public platforms!
You have the same chances of having AA, AS or SS on your first or tenth try. Except you medically select the embryo 😒

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Tohsynetita1: 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2023
same thing happening to me.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by 1Sharon(f): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2023
Saintmary:

Do you have any idea how risky amniocentesis is?

They will insert a needle into a pregnancy belly from outside to extract something from inside the belly, thereby puncturing the belly, uterus and placenta.

How many Nigerian medical practitioners have successfully performed amniocentesis in Nigeria?

How many hospitals in Nigeria have such facilities to protect the mother and foetus in such a delicate situation?

How many patients are willing to risk precious pregnancies for such a procedure?

All because a man is too lazy to find a suitable bride?

I'm from a 1st world country and amniocentesis is not risky at all. The risk is less than 1%.

If amniocentesis is so dangerous in nigeria, let him consider other options.

There is no need to throw his fiancee away without considering all avenues.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Prettygirl200(f): 1:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
EmperorFred:
Hi, are you married?
Nah!!! Why?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Munzy14(m): 1:45pm On Feb 06, 2023
AA men... cheesy

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by candidbabe(f): 1:47pm On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

A big fat lie.
My neighbour had her first daughter as an SS
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Smartmanager(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
[quote author=Queendera post=120677884]It's painful. We get it.

But time they say heals all wounds, well except that of a sickle cell child.

You are not limited to the two ladies you mentioned.

Leave the first girl alone. And if you don't find the second girl desirable for marriage, leave her alone too.

You are a man. A hunter. Go into the forest and get your hands dirty. Find other girls and start again. [/quote Very well said.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by LordReed(m): 1:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:
AS genotype shouldn't be a hindrance! If you meet a woman that is AS you can still go ahead.

Go for genetic counselling, there are options.

You can do:

amniocentesis OR

pre implantation genetic diagnosis.

Those options are if you have the money and are brave enough.

Will the woman be willing to abort the pregnancy if it turns out to be SS? Those are not going to be easy decisions for everyone to make.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by jmichael259(m): 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
izombie:
oboy no be small thing o. Got married last august and i was so worried when we went to do our genotype that same august. Result came out and we were both AA o positive. Na that time i relaxed o.
But my question is, For abroad wey i dey nobody dey talk about genotype o, dem just dey give birth anyhow, dey marry anyhow but i have never seen a sickler here o. Na for only naija this genotype thing dey?

Africans
Foreigners don't really have the S. They deal with other haemoglobin D, E etc
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Kwinesther: 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hmmmn this life sha, different people with different issues they battle with... God I thank you for my AA genotype ooo.

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by paradigmshift(m): 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
kay29000:

I wanted to stress this... That cost a lot of money.
how much are we talking about here?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by paradigmshift(m): 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
babawon2:
i be 3rd child i be SS and am the only out of 5 kid. but i regret coming to this world
sorry about that.. adekunle gold is ss too.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by paradigmshift(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
codemaniacs:

It has nothing to do with faith but knowing the date and time of day you had sex with your husband that resulted in your pregnancy.
can you explain this? Am curious
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Saintmary(f): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
1Sharon:

I'm from a 1st world country and amniocentesis is not risky at all. The risk is less than 1%.

If amniocentesis is so dangerous in nigeria, let him consider other options.

There is no need to throw his fiancee away without considering all avenues.

Nigeria is not a first-world country,so this advice is not applicable.

Presently in Nigeria, amniocentesis is still an avant garde dream procedure, we know about it, but we do not have the facilities to perform it, neither do we have the facilities to provide this specific post-op care.

His fiancee will find love elsewhere, they will both be alright at the end.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by Emeka71(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Love alone does not keep marriage

You can ask the married couples.

I think you are already understanding that.

My brother sickle cell is not childs play. You will have high BP. You will regrettable your decision of marrying and then the love for don clear comot for your eyes.

It can not work.

Don't bring children to suffer because of your own love and desperation to marry.

On health grounds it is not worth it.
Good suggestion.
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by codemaniacs: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2023
paradigmshift:
can you explain this? Am curious

I already explained it above to another NL user... Like I told that person:

It may not affect it... I'm just been spiritual..

Most people whose genotype are SS have the same birth month.

it may just be a co-incidence.

but it does not mean if SS and SS marry they will give to AS...
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by paradigmshift(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
Sapeleomi:
Hi,
Is good to hear you thinking about getting married, having children, and maintaining a family..
However, the questions you must ask yourself is if your character and that of the person you intend to marry will substain you both throughout you growth,challenges and tribulation? .. You have to be discerning because your love or religious, ethnic consideration is not enough for a marriage to work.. Please settle down with someone you trust, respect and who protect your interest no matter what.. A consistent character trait prevails over Love, a feeling that is fleeting.. .. If you broke or unemployed today can the love between you and your proposed fiance last?
As per genotype, science may be of assistance... There is no guarantee that if you married an AA person she will conceive and have healthy children? Fertility and heath issues are a risk..
You do have the ability to marry and settle down with an As person you deeply desire and happy with. What you need to do is go for regular pre-pregnacy check of the unborn child or embryo before the baby develops fully.
It may be a traumatic experience for you or the mother to terminate the foetus or unborn if is unhealthy. . However, health and scientific discoverery gives the opportunity to scrutine and preempt health complications..
It is likely to be financiallly costly and not available in every hospital. However, it saves you from getting with the wrong person and having children with someone you dont desire..
Your decision now determines your future happiness and stability in your relationships..
Choose wisely and stay positive...

how much do you think the test will cost?
Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by chris51(f): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
Badhguy:

You are lying. The first or even all the children can be SS. DO NOT say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: My (AS) Genotype. A Major Hindrance In Getting Married On Time. by chris51(f): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
chris51:

You are lying. The first or even all the children can be SS. DO NOT say what you don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation / 10 Simple Things Girls Do To Deceive Guys / Nairalander Pre Wedding Shoots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.