Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86048 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by hashtagged(m): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.

Your girl is a w hore listen to your mum she knows what's best for you

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Kholiwe(f): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
seanery:
U be idiot
Your mother is an idiot.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Greatlee54: 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
weslay:
Your mum that carried you from -9 months till you were able to fend for yourself. The person who could not sleep on those cold nights you were down. What has she done to deserve this distrust?

Personally, once my parents rejects my relationship with any lady, c'est fini. Whether she be Agbani Darego or Bill gates daughter, she dey waka.
Obi is a boy
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by hashtagged(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.

That's why you ended up being a w hore

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Isabi4lov: 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Person wey supposed block ur mom from viewing her status , some married women dey wear pop socks with crop top , all their pants go dey show and na work dem dey go, shey their husbands no see dem no undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by advanceDNA: 8:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
PrincessofDSS:

What are you saying? You ended up confusing us

Thats not my fault
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Juanmike(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

You will learn the hard way, I have come across your type before.
Your mother sees something you are not...

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by princely4ever: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Your fianceé is this beautiful, marry if she is modest.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by pleasureosondu(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
phemmyfour:
A terrible way to go n meet your future inlaw. She dresses poorly
imagine o. And d op was cautioning a real nigga who stated same. Is the OP mad? Which normal mother inlaw will accept such? I won't have said much if it was just normal dating. And the idi.ot wants to pick a fight with his mother bcoz of a bit.ch. I for punch that op for face if to say I see am.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
Okay..😊😊😊
hashtagged:

That's why you ended up being a w hore
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by EzePaschal(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
peepydelano:
Your mum is right , she doesn’t want you to bring whores into her home.

The babe get nice shape..abeg gimme her number if you no marry again
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Ikea81: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Is it only bump shorts, can't you see she is pregnant, and her nipple like she already has two kids somewhere. Listen to your mother
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Tallesty1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.
Love should be the last reason to marry someone

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by LongLiveTheKing: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2023
You met her virgin?

Just asking.....
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Okay, then what are the reasons to marry someone?
Tallesty1:
Love should be the last reason to marry someone
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
The same woman who's husband left her? Lol.. Okay... grin grin grin

You can imagine
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrincessofDSS(f): 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
advanceDNA:

Thats not my fault

Whose fault is it?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cutehector:
Lmao.. Your mum is right. .

The op's girlfriend's shorts aren't like this at the back.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by silibaba: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

Tell her to wear lingerie or only pant next time and put it up here.

Then we will give both of you our blessings.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by JayB11(m): 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
My brother, you have done well for dealing with the challenges of life and getting to this level. Kudos to your Mom too. In this matter that you raised, i can only tell you that "dresses can be changed, but a character may last till eternity". Having said that, i feel you should ask your Mom if their is any other displayed character that she is not comfortable with....Otherwise, you may tell Mommy that you will speak to your woman not to wear same at public spaces.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Isabi4lov: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Toks2008:

Are you sure you are ready for marriage cos you are sounding like mummy's boy.

Talk to your mum that she is your choice and make her accept your choice.

Be a man.
Obviously he's a mummy's boy , the lady even tried for accepting him because the mother will see her as a competitor , marrying an only child especially a man is not a child's play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Kholiwe:

If by Africans you mean foolish, senseless, hypocritical, dull and backwards like you then yes.
Thank you o. 🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by advanceDNA: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
PrincessofDSS:

Whose fault is it?

I'm not sure...
.mayb if u read it again so u'll get it or u can ignore it.......cos i wont be able to resist sounding patronizing if i have to explain a simple comment
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jessylaurel(f): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

The bum short is too short to be worn in public.

By the way shebi your babe doesn't know how to block people from viewing her status?
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Geenosko: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Mummy's boy.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Bananapill: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Listen to the woman who has been in your life since day 1.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Tallesty1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Okay, then what are the reasons to marry someone?
Almost everyone of us have loved someone that did us shege, some even lost their lives. If you want to marry, look for a human being, a God fearing person and i don't mean God fearing in a modern christian way.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Jamahyel(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
he is even defending her . Lol
Zikonna:

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Singlenhappy(f): 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Take feed back in good faith. Don't let your sexual hormones overreact. You dont know the contributor God will use to open your eyes!
Zikonna:

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by weslay: 8:41pm On Feb 08, 2023
Geesanni:
Just dey play ,dey play.u neva ready to settle down.....once upon a time if a lady wear trouser,she is a core girl but later it is now accepted. The guy mom has refused to move with modernisation. She is still left in 60's

Why do you advise settling down when having a baby mama is now acceptable? Also, would you accept gay marriage because it suddenly becomes acceptable?
Africans, always quick to discredit their ways for some BS they see on TV

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2023
What do you mean look for a God fearing person because the Op's mother is also a religious woman, but her husband still left her.
Tallesty1:
Almost everyone of us have loved someone that did us shege, some even lost their lives. If you want to marry, look for a human being, a God fearing person and i don't mean God fearing in a modern christian way.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2023
What do you mean look for a God fearing person because the Op's mother is also a religious woman but her husband still left her.
Tallesty1:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions / Man Collapses And Dies After Seeing Sex Tape Of His Wife With Another Man / The Response A Married Man Gave A Side-chick After She Claimed She Was Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.