Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture (86023 Views)

I’m Thinking Of Getting Married Because Of Sex, Says Juliana Olayode / The Deeper Life Lady I Want To Marry Doesn't Want To Know My Place / My Fiancee's Mum Doesn't Want Us To Marry Because Of My Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Otunbakayce: 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
LMAO! Simp. Dey play, just dey play. grin grin
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by jaxxy(m): 7:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
Ekugbeh:
If your mum could tell you who to marry, she can as well tell when to have babies right?

Somebody who couldn't maintain a marriage is telling you who to marry

Are ok at all 😂

That's how u marry a girl that has done absolutely nothing for u that turning u into her simp.

His mum raised a valid observation I was hoping he can counter it with by tell her about his gfs good and wifey qualities if at all she has any not thos crying he's doing. Seems he's not even in control of his relationship. maybe the gf controls him. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MadarasBlade(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cashio:
Your mother is simply not so civilized. And if anyone on this forum is calling that picture bad, then the person too is uncivilized. I personally bought those bum shorts for my woman, with waist beads, eye lashes and nails. These things make me see her as beautiful and she is the most sensible woman I have ever come across. One who doesn't put herself first unlike others I've met.
My mum or anyone can never detect for me the woman to marry because I am the one to live with that decision for the rest of my life and not anyone else.
As for the story of your father and mother, like someone already said, women will always paint the father as evil in cases of breakup even if they might be the bad ones in the story. A typical case is one am a witness to. You need to let go of any grudges and be at peace with your dad since he is no longer alive to tell his own side of the story.
Finally, you sound so soft as would someone who was trained by a woman. Every home needs a father figure and you should be one for your family.
It is never good to have any part missing in a home. Women bring the meekness while men bring the authority......I wish you the best in your choice, but let that choice not depend on what your mum thinks.

You're the daft one here.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by odoemenacelevian(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mum is right..
Always listen to her
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by nedekid: 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2023
Oga, if you want the honest opinion, from this pics, she looks like an experience or rather matured lady. Might be wrong as she might have a baby face which this picture does not show.
Noting what your mum observed and personally I side with her, ladies should be cautious of what they wear to step out of the house. Maybe surrounding area, but since she is holding bag, it is outing she went on.
Note also from a mothers point of view her body looks experienced or a little aged, ie when she gives birth, body go fat, loose, even you fit loose appetite, except that is your taste.
Secondly, do not overlook what parents say. They see seating what you wount see standing on a building. I know, because I was cautioned about one or 2 things then, I later experienced them.
As they say, do what your mind tells you. Me I "chopped the breakfast" served me, so can you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by kollinxx(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
Firstly, I feel your mum is so attached to you and she doesn't want to lose you, please assure her that you will always be her son.

There is nothing wrong with what this lady is wearing if you love her, and she respects you, and your mum, and you are convinced that she is the one for you then please go ahead and marry her.

Times have changed from when our mothers got married, in their days they cover every part of their body which is fine but this generation is not the same as theirs... if you get a lady that covers all her body then that is fine too, but note 'sometimes the ones we hail are the worst of all".

Covering your body doesn't make you a good wife and opening it doesn't make you a bad wife. There are ladies who cover their body from head to toe yet they divorce and cheat...covering every part of your body is not a yardstick to say a certain person will make a good wife or husband.

On a final note, you are the one getting married, not your mum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2023
ComeToJesus:
I hate rhetorical questions.

I hate fabricated stories.

Whether the OP's story is fabricated OR not, I've seen similar scenarios play out in different families and they do have one pattern.

Separated wife with an only son or first son.

She will always see him as a defacto husband.

kiss

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by nedekid: 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2023
Cashio:
Your mother is simply not so civilized. And if anyone on this forum is calling that picture bad, then the person too is uncivilized. I personally bought those bum shorts for my woman, with waist beads, eye lashes and nails. These things make me see her as beautiful and she is the most sensible woman I have ever come across. One who doesn't put herself first unlike others I've met.
My mum or anyone can never detect for me the woman to marry because I am the one to live with that decision for the rest of my life and not anyone else.
As for the story of your father and mother, like someone already said, women will always paint the father as evil in cases of breakup even if they might be the bad ones in the story. A typical case is one am a witness to. You need to let go of any grudges and be at peace with your dad since he is no longer alive to tell his own side of the story.
Finally, you sound so soft as would someone who was trained by a woman. Every home needs a father figure and you should be one for your family.
It is never good to have any part missing in a home. Women bring the meekness while men bring the authority......I wish you the best in your choice, but let that choice not depend on what your mum thinks.
Ok.
If I may ask? Are you married? If you are, for how long?
I noticed you referred to her as "my woman" and not wife.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by advanceDNA: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
2dominate:
Ofcourse which responsible woman will wear such outside her home.

Some pple like women like that oooo... a small apperance of wife material with a sprinkle of olosho looks and a large dose of porń star vibe...

we are waiting for lamemtations thread ... no be today

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2023
icyyy69:
The bum short is not the reason, your mother should tell you what are reservation is, if she's still insisting it is the clothing, uncle marry the girl.

Mothers with only one male child behave like this, honestly it is just woman jealousy doing her, why should another woman take her son from her, even if you don't marry this girl and bring another girl, the same thing would happen.

My friend is an only child and male, he had same issues with his mother, every girl there's a problem, she might like the girl first before you know it wahala have started it continued until someone told my friend what I have just told you here, now he is married to probably the 10th woman he showed his mum, despite all this girl is doing to please this woman, bro it's not working, we have told her to stop trying.

My guy ended up renting a different apartment for his mum and lives in a different place. Yet this woman kills him unual time to come see her lol. It's just drama. So guy go ahead and marry this girl if you like her and feels she's the right woman for you. Your mother will never come around to accepting her or any other girl believe me. It is what it is.

Don't forget you're the only man in your mum's life, as husband and son and any woman that comes close is a competition including your girlfriend and future wife.

Exactly! 💯

You gerrit.

It's not about what she's putting on, but the OP being a defacto husband.

The first and the last bolded summarizes my comments on this thread.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by zakkxx: 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
I feel like giving u a hot slap! Your mama knows what u don’t know! Any woman your mom reject, reject her! You blind? Na olosho be that na! If your future wife dress like this how will she dress your daughters? Don’t be carried away by useless sin of fornication wey she want use trap u! Run oooooo!

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Entom(m): 7:23pm On Feb 08, 2023
How can you marry a woman that is comfortable wearing such "thing" outside her bedroom?
Let's help and change this world positively without minding what social media and useless movies present to us

Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by djojo(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
As long as your mum is a single mother, no matter who ever you bring to that house your mum will always feel reluctant to accept her even if she is the most religious, that second person comment says it all.
Most single women that raise children and not even a children you are the only child, bro if care is not taking you might never get married if you continue to listen to your mum on marriage aspect cos she will always feel any lady you marry will tends to be her rival.
You know the girl, watch her, study her and pray then if all you see is positive vibe bro kindly proceed with your marriage toward her.
Always use your brain...

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by od501: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Evergreen12345:
your father abandoned you according to your mother have you tried your best as a man to hear his own part of story from people that knows the storyline or did you just believe that ur father left you guys just like that! secondly if ur mother is rejecting this girl which is ur choice of girl just because of this photo then you owe ur late father ab apology for believing the shit ur mother said to you about him .if care is notajen it might be NDI IMO STATE!

IF THAT GIRL US UR CHOICE GO AHEAD ABD MARRY HER BUT TRY AND DO MORE FINDINGS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED BTW UR FATHER AND UR MOM IT WILL HELP YOU SOMUCH IN LIFE ABD ALSO IN DECISION MAKING THANKS 🙏

RIP TO HIM!

Legend!!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Sixfeetbelle: 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
At the end of the day she'll be getting married to her son and not her.

After getting married they'll go and start their own home away from his mother.

I'm not judging his mother, but if she was that much decent, then I'm sure his father wouldn't have left her, that's just my opinion.

If you truly believe the bolded, then I can only assume you're not Nigerian and have never married a Nigerian man that is close to his mother.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by udemzyudex(m): 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.

Mothers are not always right.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Eastlandx: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:
I need serious advice. I grew up an only child, raised by a single mum. My dad abandoned us as when I was a kid and few years later he died in an accident. My mum is the most important person in my life and I love and respect her. She is also a very religious woman and raised me so.

I am settled and ready to get married and I have met the woman I am sure is the one for me. My mum has met her once and although she had her reservations she wasn't opposed to it. But yesterday while going through my fiance's whatsapp status(bacause she has her number), she came across the picture below and because of it, she is now opposed to the marriage. According to her, she can't let her only child get married to a girl that wears bum shorts in public. She says "this sort of dressing is from the devil"

I have tried to explain to her that my girl isn't like that and she only wears clothes like that once in a while. My mum is still adamant. She wants me to end our relationship and find a "responsible woman"

I am currently torn between my mum and the woman I have decided to spend the rest of my life with. I am afraid that if I disobey my mother's instructions, it would lead to serious circumstances as she is also my spiritual mother.

I do not know what to do. Look at the picture below. I really don't see anything wrong. I cropped her face to maintain anonymity.
Her responsible & religious life still didn't stop your dad from leaving her a.ss
Didn't even make your dad to stay & make home with her.
If you like don't use your head

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Geesanni: 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Just dey play ,dey play.u neva ready to settle down.....once upon a time if a lady wear trouser,she is a core girl but later it is now accepted. The guy mom has refused to move with modernisation. She is still left in 60's
weslay:
Your mum that carried you from -9 months till you were able to fend for yourself. The person who could not sleep on those cold nights you were down. What has she done to deserve this distrust?

Personally, once my parents rejects my relationship with any lady, c'est fini. Whether she be Agbani Darego or Bill gates daughter, she dey waka.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MadarasBlade(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
BRATISLAVA:
Nigerian men!

They always condemn women and preach the exemplary qualities that every woman should have, such as conservative dressing. You would think they would be attracted to mother Mary/niqaab wearers, or have sisters who are like mother Mary/niqaab wearers. What you will see them dating will tell you why good Christian/Muslim girls finish last. And it has everything to do with appearance and nothing to do with their character. When you see them mocking an unmarried woman, you would think she is the devil, meanwhile, look what their sisters and wives look like ideally for them. But they will preach against women constantly.

His mother is funny.

You always have nothing to say.

Everything's gender war to you, i doubt you're mentally stable, truly.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Enemyofpeace: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Omo see bweasts. Any time I see something like this I dey always lose control of myself. Op can I have her phone number? She take chest resemble Mynd44
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by MadarasBlade(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
At the end of the day she'll be getting married to her son and not her.

After getting married they'll go and start their own home away from his mother.

I'm not judging his mother, but if she was that much decent, then I'm sure his father wouldn't have left her, that's just my opinion.

And yet you guys want men to marry single mothers knowing that they aren't decent. Lol
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Karlifate: 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2023
Evergreen12345:

oga i still maintain my stand !he should ask questions about his father too so that he don't end up being angry for an innocent man for the rest of his life . ask questions! the mother who couldn't stay under a man's roof is instructing her son on who to marry and who not to marry !

You wanna open a can of worms

grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Adrian98(m): 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Watch your words please. Don't use that word to describe my girl.
When you bring out your white gown expect it to get stained.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 08, 2023
Well, you're correct.

And I don't see a man that's still a Mama's boy worthy of marriage.
Sixfeetbelle:

If you truly believe the bolded, then I can only assume you're not Nigerian and have never married a Nigerian man that is close to his mother.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Maobichek: 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Thank Goodness I wasn't raised by religious parents.

Anyways, the only advice I can give you is that you should follow your heart.

Marry who you love and not who your mother loves because you may end up being unhappy for the rest of your life in the name of making mama happy.

I'm sure your grandparents also warned her about your father, but she still chose to be with him.

She will be upset at first, but she'll eventually come around because she's your mother and she loves you, but if you want to break up with the love of your life because of mama, then the ball is in your court... Good luck.

Marriage is not "boyfriend and girlfriend," most marriages that failed were the ones based/founded by love alone. Most couples who are divorced were like siemen twins when they started.

Existing/united marriage is more of "UNDERSTANDING" and not just "LOVE." Something will attract you to someone but with time, that may diminish or even vanish away but understanding is simply put: two "DIFFERENT" individuals working together towards a strong/sustainable relationship with the aim of a blissful future.

Love is important but when it comes to marriage, understanding is the most important feature, thank you.
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hassanmaye(m): 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Lyricalz01:

She dress like runs gal, if I see her in public I fit go ask her, babe how far o. tongue grin
Hahahhahahaha bad guy
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by batistutajulio: 7:33pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

Another mad man. Don't listen to your mother that raise you from seed to be a responsible man because of one woman. Okponu. Smh!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Memphitz357: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Zikonna:

DM me her phone number 🤪
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by PrinceGallant: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Your mum did not raise you well. If she did, your sense will not be this incomplete to have seen her reasons. You are not yet ripe to marry, less you divorce within some months. Go back to your mum, stay with her for some months or even a year to complete your home lessons
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Hassanmaye(m): 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
ovanda:
My guy, the truth is that you are not serious about marriage. I went through worse. I only started talking to my mom just this year after 4 long years. If she hadn't called me, guy its on for life. She refused to attend my traditional marriage, incited all my uncles and aunties against me, including my blood brothers. But I no send anybody. I did what i had to. If given another chance, I'd do the same over and over again. Like i said, you never serious!!
Real G what!!
Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by iInjureHerYansh: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Your mother saw more than the bum short, she is only using it as an excuse. Listen to the advice of your mother, she can never go wrong on this one because she is of the same gender. It's true that the world is changing but a Nigerian girl that wears that bum short comfortably in public is likely a coded runsgirl. If she is not, a good offer hasn't come her way yet. If you think your mother is wrong, pay a private investigator to follow your girlfriend for just one week to prove her wrong.
The simp won't try it. He's too scared to lose her 😂

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Doesn't Want Us To Get Married Because Of This Picture by Sixfeetbelle: 7:36pm On Feb 08, 2023
Samantha123:
Well, you're correct.

And I don't see a man that's still a Mama's boy worthy of marriage.

He isn't ready for marriage at all.

He should just continue to listen to his spiritual advisor until he's 40 and unmarried.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Collapses And Dies After Seeing Sex Tape Of His Wife With Another Man / The Response A Married Man Gave A Side-chick After She Claimed She Was Pregnant / Lady Who Met Man On Facebook Visits Him, Refuses To Go Back Home. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.