Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan (38139 Views)

Classic 3 Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Please Critique This My 5 Bedroom Duplex Design On A Plot Of Land / Customized Bungalow Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by frozen70(f): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:
Pls leaders and professional here , kindly help me criticise this 4 bedroom bungalow house plan that I intend to work on.

I will appreciate all the criticism.

The whole bedrooms have just one window except the one bed room on the right side of the plan

That means the rest three bedrooms will not have a good ventilation and crossing of air

I think you can redesign the plans
Put the remaining three bedrooms on the four edges of the building so that each rooms will nmhave two windows

Then take the last bedroom to the back as visitor's room which will be just a room with toilet

But you can still go ahead with your plans if it's your choice
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by ednut1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
Master bedroom should be at the back. Incase visitors you don’t want to see or hear are in the house already
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by ritux: 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
I don’t like the idea of visitors and residents passing the dinning to get access to the room.

Master’s bedroom too small and should be at the back. Visitors bedroom should be closer to the living room so they don’t move deep into the house.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by NwaliE01: 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
It's a great piece of work.

My observations
1. The Master's bedroom shouldn't be positioned between two rooms. It's the most powerful room in the house and most times, you wouldn't want disturbance from the occupants.
2. The dinning is not serving any purpose in the design. Its kind of a lobby from the design. It looks like an access to the kitchen and rooms. If you must have a dinning space, then you should limit access around it. It mustn't be beside the kitchen in the first place.
3. The 3 rooms inside are restricted within the small corridor. I think the access isn't great for me. The rooms can be well positioned such that all the occupants mustn't meet at a common point when exiting or entering the apartment for safety reason. Think of emergency which we don't pray for.
The kitchen space can be increased (though, it can never be enough for women).
4. Visitors toilet is no longer fashionable outside now.
You can place it inside such that a room within the house can share. Remember, you don't always have visitor and theirs no need keeping it idle when it can be utilised inside.

Let me allow others to air their views too.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by delpee(f): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2023
I think the master bedroom shouldn't be directly after the sitting room. Also not in between rooms.

It's a good plan all the same.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
To start with, where the gent of the sitting room is terrible!!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Sirchiboy: 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
AsomArchitectNG:
Those area i marked x with numbers on them needs attention..

1. I can't be coming to your house and on entering the first thing that welcomes me into the home is a toilet. Secondly, the visitors toilet has eaten up the chunk of space in ur entrance porch which is not so idea as that area can also be used as a relaxation spot .

2. I noticed from ur plan that i can only access the rooms and kitchen via the dinning. Think about the sitting arrangements in ur dining area, that'll obstruct movements as I'll always have to move the chairs and all forth and back to gain access into the rooms. I don't think it's really conducive.

3. Same dinning is also an access point to the visitors bedroom. That's not too ideal. As earlier stated that'll disrupt movements because of the dinning sets there.

Conclusion
*Reposition your visitors wc
*Reposition your dinning

Every other thing there is okay

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature
The kitchen should replace the first bed room.
Then the master room the last
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by enambobo(m): 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nice drawing. Consider the following;
1) Move the visitors toilet outside into the living room to make it ensuite. What if your visitor stays overnight, will he have to go outside to use the rest room at night?
2) Resize the bedroom in front as long as minimum set back from fence is not affected.
3) Create a new window for the Bedroom at the back to ensure cross ventilation.

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by uuzba(m): 4:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
lordm:
The first bedroom is too small. Otherwise I think it's great
Well, I believe there's a bunch of architects that no space is ever too small.
Just learn how to manage it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPG8vxnMy8
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by babaowambe: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
The room near the kitchen dining room could be converted to a home office or study area or a guest room
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
Its a nice plan, lets see the building.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by akwesenana: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
Sorry to ask. Is this an actual project or jury design?
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by OvisFranko: 4:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Make provision for CROSS VENTILATION for the two rooms at the rear.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Jomonix: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:
Pls leaders and professional here , kindly help me criticise this 4 bedroom bungalow house plan that I intend to work on.

Exchange position with the room adjoining the dining and the kitchen. The plan is quite ok to me
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:11pm On Feb 17, 2023
farouk2much:
Any relevant information whe i go get visa leave naija....08034065607 my contacts plss help me am hausa by tribe... Lived in minna

Psheww..aboki wan fly out
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by faridasr: 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:
*Critique

No wardrobe spaces in the smaller rooms
No cross ventilation in the master bedroom and adjacent room.
You don’t really have a dining space but a circulation space.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Ofemini(m): 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Kudos to you and congratulations.
Take note of this, to access all the bedrooms, you have to pass through the dining room which is not too good.
Also the master bedroom and the last room will fill the effect of anything happening in the kitchen.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Tenrack: 4:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
Wait shey na only me no understand what's going on here?

Although I am no architect and haven't handled a blueprint before cry
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by arcttayo(m): 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Gabrokpara001:

2) The toilet window of the bedroom close to the masters bedroom, should be on the same wall as the toilet window of the master bedroom, they should be very close separated by just the wall, this would make both toilet share a single chamber , water supply and reduce cost of piping

I am a Architect, feel free to callmessage me on Whatsapp for your affordable & efficient building designs 09037396586

Bothe toilet windows being on the same wall doesn't affect the positioning of the Inspection Chamber...
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Jetbound: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Master bedroom too close to the living room. I don’t see too many exits
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Alexbio: 4:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:
*Critique

Ogar he is correct
Don't be dubious
You're not vast, I see
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Mcbayo(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Let me find something to eat first. I'll get back to you soon
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by nativedoctor(m): 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
Swap the kitchen with the bedroom beside the dining.
It's better to have the kitchen beside the dining than in between the bedrooms.
Safer too.
The guest toilet has no ventilation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Alexbio: 4:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Thank you

Don't mind him
You're correct by the word "criticize"
The guy is not vast
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by christianjoy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Not good you have to redesign
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Dyinze31: 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2023
1. All ur doors should flush to the wall
2. To many windows in ur living room.
3. For your rooms always look out for your focal point ie where u would position your TV and co to aviod glare from windows
4. U can reduce size of your windows to 0.8x1.2, depends onbu tho. Then move dem to d edge..
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Gilgil: 4:26pm On Feb 17, 2023
1.Kitchen in between 2 bedrooms could present a fire safety and asphyxiation risk.

2. It doesn't look like cross ventilation would happen well especially in the dining area to sitting room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by baconline(m): 4:30pm On Feb 17, 2023
All rooms don't have good ventilation, provide windows on two sides of the rooms for cross ventilation
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by gare2510(m): 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2023
Only the small bedroom has cross ventilation, the house will be stuffy

Master bedroom: Project ot out on the right so you can have a window facing the front of the house
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 17, 2023
Where's your laundry room?
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by MonthlySalary: 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2023
planning to start building mine soon
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by nubianchio(m): 4:45pm On Feb 17, 2023
I think you should reconsider the door of the room with 300 space close to lounge. The door when opened will be covering the toilet door, it should be made to open against the wall of the room and lounge itself. Also the door of the kitchen varander from outside should be repositioned. Also the door of the toilet to the room after the master bedroom needs to open other way.
I hope this suggestion makes sense?
all the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) / Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.