Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,696 members, 7,813,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan (38132 Views)

Classic 3 Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Please Critique This My 5 Bedroom Duplex Design On A Plot Of Land / Customized Bungalow Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by TenQ: 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Thank you lordm. What of cross ventilation. What do you think sir?
Normally you want air to cross flow from sitting room out through the other side (usually the dinning room). Except in a cold environment, the sitting room will be hot and stuffy
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by syntekelite(m): 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:
Pls leaders and professional here , kindly help me criticise this 4 bedroom bungalow house plan that I intend to work on.

I will appreciate all the criticism.

The location of the kitchen is a no no for me.. it should be immediately after the living room.. while all bedrooms should align
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by terabyte2015(m): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:
Pls leaders and professional here , kindly help me criticise this 4 bedroom bungalow house plan that I intend to work on.

I attached my opinion to it already, please check according to the numbering respectively
1. Remove the two windows and turn it to just one and make it 1.5m size
2. Since the closet location has been marked already put 1m window side at that place I marked number 2 so as to have cross ventilation
3. Th offset at the marked number 3 is much so the room is too small. You can just take it offset outside a bit
4. That toilet door for visitors should be well placed so it could open freely. No need to have it at the center move it to an edge but consider your mechanical design too.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by zivility: 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2023
The kitchen is too small. A 4 bedroom house kitchen should be much bigger. The room ventilation is poor by putting toilets where windows will make cross ventilation. You need an entirely new design.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by agbolahan1991(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2023
The last bedroom by the right is not well ventilated
And their is a difference between a lobby and dining area
The idea of using the dinning as an access to other units of the building is outdated and not functional
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Chinedumejoooo: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
* The dinning will always be dark because no provision for daylight.

* The guest toilet should be relocated from the approach view because not hygienic and the plumbing work

* The location of the kitchen and room should be look into.
They are many amendment...
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Lionmachala(m): 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
What I am seeing here you need alot of work on the plan
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Mindofhisown: 5:12pm On Feb 17, 2023
Hello,
A lot has to be critique on this design.
The location of the master's bedroom, which is suppose to be at the front, the man happens to be the chief security officer of the house so he should be able to see who is going and coming into the premises as long he is around.
The location of the visitor's toilet, it is not properly thought through. The access, the window opening...
Access to the guest room through the dining, by the time you arrange your furniture in the dining space, you will see that there no much space for circulation (where to walk through). It looks more like lobby than dining.
The escape route, the kitchen door should swing outside. It is not just call escape route for nothing. If there is need to run out of that kitchen during fire incident as a worst case scenario, you will not pull the door towards yourself rather push outward.
Guy! Afford to pay a professional (Architect to be specific), rather looking for freebies from quacks.

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Balo7leke: 5:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Do not worry yourself just go to this architectural design plan website https://www.architecturaldesignplan.com/
You will see a lot of drawing and you can let them to handle your building if you want.
Check and thank me later.

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Balo7leke: 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
terabyte2015:

I attached my opinion to it already, please check according to the numbering respectively
1. Remove the two windows and turn it to just one and make it 1.5m size
2. Since the closet location has been marked already put 1m window side at that place I marked number 2 so as to have cross ventilation
3. Th offset at the marked number 3 is much so the room is too small. You can just take it offset outside a bit
4. That toilet door for visitors should be well placed so it could open freely. No need to have it at the center move it to an edge but consider your mechanical design too.

Thanks

Do not worry yourself just go to this architectural design plan website https://www.architecturaldesignplan.com/
You will see a lot of drawing and you can let them to handle your building if you want.
Check and thank me later.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by viodemus: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
It looks nice. Something manageable.

Someone pointed out the ventilation aspect, which was my main concern. My other concerns in a building are normally fire hazard potential, plumbing, electrical, roofing, load capacity, and the aesthetics. With floor load capacity, the foundation, and exterior walls, - outside of design and planning, the craftmanship of the job plays a huge role; - the right mixing of cement and block making, the patience involved before adding load on it, the lasting type of screed, and the right technique for a long term water resistant paint.

- these factors matter, if not, within a short time of the life of the building, cracks go begin appear at weird places, the building surrounding go dey hold water puddles, and depending on type of element the building experiences, the issues may become pronounced. Something as simple as a clean roof gutter and drain to about 6 ft away from the house, go help your house in the long run. Not only can you do rain water control, you can also save your house from those green algae that you see around the exterior home. It can cause respiratory illnesses.

Na just say electricity dey hold Nigeria back to ancient times. If not, you for put forced exhaust fan for your kitchen to outside facing up, to about 8feet away from any windows; and also plan for how to drain the condensation. You for also put central a/c system - they are good for reintroducing fresh air to the system to be filtered and conditioned, for interior circulation. The kind of a/c we mostly use in Nigeria na recirculation system - they recirculate and recondition the air in the house, the only source of fresh air dilution are through cracks, windows, and doors. In America and many developed nations, na law say every house must have a minimum of 10 to15% outside air at all times, going into the system for filtration and conditioning. It is not the most efficient system, because that a/c has to condition the new outside air and mix it with the recirculated air to be filtered and conditioned. It is not efficient, but it is very healthy.

In Nigeria, ventilation is overlooked, but in a home, there is a lot of off gassing, like when you clean your stuff with chemicals, or like in a new building where most things are new, the smell of new things like furniture, carpet, and even the paint, takes months to completely off gas. That's when you start feeling sick, having sick building syndrome, etc. With Nigeria, there is a generator aspect too.

Anyways, Nice building, please update us as the building progresses, so that many interested parties can help you stay on guard.

God go continue to bless you, so that when you dey build the next one, you go include a bad ass underground system. If I over sleep and my electronic algorithmic security system detect danger, my whole bed will go down to my ventilated underground system. The whole yard na underground, it can gently swallow four cars, or depending where anybody stand, the ground fit open wide swallow them. I normally just have to watch out for loved ones and my dogs. Talking about dogs, I learn the best way to efficiently use dogs, na to put am inside house - only you might have to wake up in the night to take am outside for toilet break. For me, I get four dogs, two outside, one in the hall way, one in my room except say babe dey then I go put am for hallway. The notification is fast.

@op, my apologies for almost derailing the thread. Good luck.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by idiagbo86(m): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2023
I don’t like the idea that u must go through the parlor and to the dining before entering the house from the front . They ought to be an alternative entrance aside that just incase there is need to carry something inside or take someone u don’t want to go through the lounge . I feel also that master bedroom should atleast have a sitout as well.crossed ventilation very important as well, just do some slight modifications
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by bergs2: 5:42pm On Feb 17, 2023
Wonderful work I must say.
Little tweaks will make it make more sense:

First, the way to the lobby should be made directly from the living room.
Secondly, there should be a convenience for visitors.
Third, most of the rooms especially the Masters and other rooms should be cross-ventillated.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by bergs2: 5:44pm On Feb 17, 2023
bergs2:
Wonderful work I must say.
Little tweaks will make it make more sense:

First, the way to the lobby should be made directly from the living room.
Secondly, there should be a convenience for visitors.
Third, most of the rooms especially the Masters and other rooms should be cross-ventillated.

And why was the kitchen door opening outside, this blocking passage way?
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Bigseven(m): 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2023
There will be conflict of functionality if you don’t adjust the 4th BRoom. You can’t expose kitchen, dining and visitors bedroom same place because kitchen is one of the sensitive part of family. as such, visitors shouldn’t have a clue. Also the visitors toilet at the varender is wrongly positioned because ventilation will be affected. Seat down and think about FUNCTIONALITY AND COMPATIBILITY OF the house. Which one is related to the other and which one can be independent. Make sure your proposed soakway and toilet should be related and consider wind direction before positioning it. also consider region where this plan will be implemented if it’s hot region then your windows should go along wind direction for good vent. If it’s somewhere like Jos then use 600mm window style to give beauty and less cold entry. Remember everything is to achieve functionality and compatibility of components (rooms and services within the plan)
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by alibiz: 5:49pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nice job.
But you have to work on the visitors WC, kitchen and dinning,the connection around the dinning is much
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by BISHOPCHARLIE: 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2023
Nice work.

My suggestion:
1. Bring the kitchen to where the first bedroom is.

2. Consider taking the master bedroom farther to the back.

3. Where 2 bedrooms share the same partition, consider placing their toilets side-by-side.

I'm a project manager, not an architect don't mind me.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by willexyaho(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
No ventilation in the dining
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by fortunateme: 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2023
Alexbio:

Ogar he is correct
Don't be dubious
You're not vast, I see
Mumu. He has corrected it from the previous word to critique and he even appreciated my correction.
Must you insult?
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by BTCog: 6:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
If your space cannot allow for a bigger kitchen, can you consider making it a 3 bedroom flat so that you can have a more sizeable kitchen
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Qendric(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
A cool design, though I just think that the first bedroom should have its external wall aligned to its toilet external wall to get more room space the recess is too small to achieve a good form if its what you are looking for, and the visitors toilet pls u can make it 1200 length just to align your front view external walls, I don't know if it's okay with you but I think the access can also be from the dining room ie the visitor convenience. I really like the flow of the design it's very different from what am use to and it's access to the rooms are hidden 👍👍👍
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by macteeatlarge: 6:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
All the rooms should have two windows since they are at the corners. Reposition your toilets!
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Alexbio: 6:47pm On Feb 17, 2023
fortunateme:

Mumu. He has corrected it from the previous word to critique and he even appreciated my correction.
Must you insult?

Critique and criticism are the same meaning stop misleading
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Leon90(m): 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2023
The kitchen location is not ideal
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by fortunateme: 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2023
Alexbio:

Critique and criticism are the same meaning stop misleading
The most appropriate to use in this context.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by sexuential: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

My little contribution is that, instead of making the rooms smaller, expand d rooms to make the building rectangular so that d rooms could be bigger. Thereby making any except the one by the kitchen a master bedroom by reason of choice.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
The master bedroom adjacent the kitchen is not good, no cross ventilation, if you have enough space, you can just readjust and make the master bedroom your children room ...
The visitor toilet window is not good enough... If someone that poopoo and it is smelling, it will choke anyone coming in and out of the room...
You can just let an opening in the first room make it your guest room and make the toilet accessible to your visitor...
Close the entrance that link your dinning to the first room and kitchen, access the kitchen from the lobby
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by jerrykc22(m): 7:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
I really like the plan but if there is a way U can switch the master bedroom to the one that is bigger then it will go perfectly well with me. The rest is good to go.. and if I may ask, what is the size of the land this building plan is ment for??

Have a nice day
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by bravehost4u(m): 7:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
iduzebaba:

Too much traffic in the kitchen as the kitchen is the only entrance to all the rooms
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by nkemdi89(f): 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2023
Kudos to you guys, mere looking at the diagram, I already developed migrian , it takes lots of patience to do this .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) / Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.