Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,830 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan (38135 Views)

Classic 3 Bedroom Bungalow Plan / Please Critique This My 5 Bedroom Duplex Design On A Plot Of Land / Customized Bungalow Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Gipre(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2023
Hatesin:

We are talking about a floor plan here and not Copy and Paste images you guys are known for.....

Thank you so much. I take that as a huge compliment. You don't know how much it means to me.
For you to think my works are "Copy and Paste" as you stated really means alot to me.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Hatesin: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2023
Gipre:

Thank you so much. I take that as a huge compliment. You don't know how much it means to me.
For you to think my works are "Copy and Paste" as you stated really means alot to me.

You have no choice than to take it as a compliment especially having nothing to offer....
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by OgaTheTop2: 2:46pm On Feb 19, 2023
Gabrokpara001:

2) The toilet window of the bedroom close to the masters bedroom, should be on the same wall as the toilet window of the master bedroom, they should be very close separated by just the wall, this would make both toilet share a single chamber , water supply and reduce cost of piping

I am a Architect, feel free to callmessage me on Whatsapp for your affordable & efficient building designs 09037396586[i][/i]
I will get in touch with you soon bruh. I need a cost effective design for standard hotel somewhere in IJ.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Gipre(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2023
Hatesin:

You have no choice than to take it as a compliment especially having nothing to offer....

Oh Yes I do take it as a compliment because I have alot to offer and more.

To see more of what I have to offer and to be aware of all my future designs.

Click my Architectural Design Page on Facebook below wink

https://m.facebook.com/lynesarchitecture/?ref=bookmarks
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Arny990(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2023
It was a great project, even from the beginning. And as for me, the more changes you make, the more you get confused about it. The very first thing is to combine all the sanitary units together as much as possible for a more proper functioning of the sewer system. The issue is not even the cost of laying extra pipes for water or sewage. Compared to the cost of the house, it's not that expensive. Although you can save a lot of money on this. Second, think carefully about ventilation. This is very important because there should not be long lines with steep turns, because it will give extra noise. The next thing is that the house as I think there should be a fairly large kitchen and dining area where you can accommodate a large number of people. At the expense of windows and doors supply, I would change their location. If you're interested I can draw you a plan. The windows should be large and of very good quality. Natural light is always good in any part of the world. But do not forget that through the windows is a lot of heat loss. it should be taken into account when calculating the air conditioning and heating of the premises. And finally I say that you yourself should first decide what you want more and from that the architect should already make changes.
Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by Hatesin: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2023
Gipre:

Oh Yes I do take it as a compliment because I have alot to offer and more.

To see more of what I have to offer and to be aware of all my future designs.

Click my Architectural Design Page on Facebook below wink

https://m.facebook.com/lynesarchitecture/?ref=bookmarks

Define the term "Architectural Design". Let's start from there....

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan by FEGEITOK: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2023
viodemus:
It looks nice. Something manageable.

Someone pointed out the ventilation aspect, which was my main concern. My other concerns in a building are normally fire hazard potential, plumbing, electrical, roofing, load capacity, and the aesthetics. With floor load capacity, the foundation, and exterior walls, - outside of design and planning, the craftmanship of the job plays a huge role; - the right mixing of cement and block making, the patience involved before adding load on it, the lasting type of screed, and the right technique for a long term water resistant paint.

- these factors matter, if not, within a short time of the life of the building, cracks go begin appear at weird places, the building surrounding go dey hold water puddles, and depending on type of element the building experiences, the issues may become pronounced. Something as simple as a clean roof gutter and drain to about 6 ft away from the house, go help your house in the long run. Not only can you do rain water control, you can also save your house from those green algae that you see around the exterior home. It can cause respiratory illnesses.

Na just say electricity dey hold Nigeria back to ancient times. If not, you for put forced exhaust fan for your kitchen to outside facing up, to about 8feet away from any windows; and also plan for how to drain the condensation. You for also put central a/c system - they are good for reintroducing fresh air to the system to be filtered and conditioned, for interior circulation. The kind of a/c we mostly use in Nigeria na recirculation system - they recirculate and recondition the air in the house, the only source of fresh air dilution are through cracks, windows, and doors. In America and many developed nations, na law say every house must have a minimum of 10 to15% outside air at all times, going into the system for filtration and conditioning. It is not the most efficient system, because that a/c has to condition the new outside air and mix it with the recirculated air to be filtered and conditioned. It is not efficient, but it is very healthy.

In Nigeria, ventilation is overlooked, but in a home, there is a lot of off gassing, like when you clean your stuff with chemicals, or like in a new building where most things are new, the smell of new things like furniture, carpet, and even the paint, takes months to completely off gas. That's when you start feeling sick, having sick building syndrome, etc. With Nigeria, there is a generator aspect too.

Anyways, Nice building, please update us as the building progresses, so that many interested parties can help you stay on guard.

God go continue to bless you, so that when you dey build the next one, you go include a bad ass underground system. If I over sleep and my electronic algorithmic security system detect danger, my whole bed will go down to my ventilated underground system. The whole yard na underground, it can gently swallow four cars, or depending where anybody stand, the ground fit open wide swallow them. I normally just have to watch out for loved ones and my dogs. Talking about dogs, I learn the best way to efficiently use dogs, na to put am inside house - only you might have to wake up in the night to take am outside for toilet break. For me, I get four dogs, two outside, one in the hall way, one in my room except say babe dey then I go put am for hallway. The notification is fast.

@op, my apologies for almost derailing the thread. Good luck.

You did not derail the thread.

You highlighted issues that I have come to notice are wrong with the way houses are built in Nigeria.

You also highlighted the importance of peer review, how is what I am doing locally being done elsewhere and can I copy the good being done over there here in my project?

The other issue that we don't pay much attention here is insulation - to keep the heat out and to keep the cold in or vice versa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Houses Built Using Cargo Containers (Photos) / Flooded Houses In Ogbunabali, Port-Hacourt: Residents Removing Flood / Storage Container Converted To A Home (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.