Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (53133 Views)

Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by christejames(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
Jorussia:
no both of them

If you like don't go and deposit your old 500 and 1000 naira

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by DSC7: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
koby86:

When is the deadline for depositing of the old notes to CBN again

February 17th for #500 and #1,000 notes and April 10th for #200 notes... Thanks..

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by JAGS001(m): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
You did well always be safe

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2023
ThothHermes:
So if my neighbor is going to deposit notes I can't give him mine to help me deposit. Sorry, how would they identify which notes are owned by a "third party"
you can ,if they credit him ,he can transfer it to you. It's that simple. Just that they said ,a person can only deposit once, one bvn to one deposit.

Also, large sums above certain amount will be questioned by cbn and efcc ( so we heard from a little bird), so people need to be careful. However if it's an association or company, I think it can fly, but I personally won't advice individuals to collect large sums from people to help them deposit.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by seborrhic: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
ThothHermes:
So if my neighbor is going to deposit notes I can't give him mine to help me deposit. Sorry, how would they identify which notes are owned by a "third party"
Don't mind that mumu.
This is what I advised someone today.
If you belong to a union or association,the financial secretary can gather all the old notes of members,go or give to a single individual to deposit into their account after getting the online printout.
It would even be better for CBN because it would reduce the crowd.
Imagine if everyone with say from 1k old note where to gather at CBN,there would be commotion because people still have the old notes.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by casualobserver: 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2023
we are not a serious country. what country wastes so much time filling forms just to exchange his own money? the Op did not even mention if she got money in return.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by asanausana91: 3:16pm On Feb 16, 2023
Aurelius1:
What of those who live in towns where there is no CBN branch? What's gonna be their rate?
travel.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Olam09(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
So this morning I decided to try and deposit my old notes. I went cbn.gov.ng ,filled the cash deposit form ,went to the cafe to print it out and took it to cbn branch . On getting there I met other Nigerians who were already waiting for the cash swap program to commence . After hours of waiting ,some men came out and told people that had already added 200 naira notes to the form they filled online to remove it from the cash they want to deposit as they(cbn branch) just received a circular not to accept 200 naira notes as it was still legal tender.

Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.

What about the link to the website?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Bluntemperor: 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
Aurelius1:
What of those who live in towns where there is no CBN branch? What's gonna be their rate?

You see,if Nigeria is good, it's for all of us!
Imagine, from the Mainland here to -Mary Land- Ketu- Ojota down to Ikorodu - can CBN just showed us their Office for people of about 5M plus to drop their Old Naira Notes, and Others.
Mr Emefiele is just selling a camouflage to deceive the gaulible Masses and is yet to comply with the Supreme Court y-the Apex Court order and unfortunately,many Nigerians are not seeing the long -term implications of not obeying the Law Courts and they think they are safe fornow and the opposing party is going to be affected!
We shall all see it!
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Trizzyy(m): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
May Nigerian never happen to my generation
So help me God, iseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Japa till enfinity

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by asanausana91: 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
There is no deadline for return of old notes to CBN right
the date line is 17th February 2023.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Putinofrussia: 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
So this morning I decided to try and deposit my old notes. I went cbn.gov.ng ,filled the cash deposit form ,went to the cafe to print it out and took it to cbn branch . On getting there I met other Nigerians who were already waiting for the cash swap program to commence . After hours of waiting ,some men came out and told people that had already added 200 naira notes to the form they filled online to remove it from the cash they want to deposit as they(cbn branch) just received a circular not to accept 200 naira notes as it was still legal tender.

Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.
Thank yourself for your sufferness.Lagos,Kano,Ondo and almost all states of the federation (except the mumu ones who are suffering and smiling) still continue to enjoy all old notes as legal tenders in line with the constitution of Nigeria.
If you reject old notes in Lagos,then you are OYO. grin
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Olam09:

What about the link to the website?
https://crs.cbn.gov.ng/
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by blueAgent(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
HNICEARTH:
Urchins can make use of the under listed banks

grin grin grin

Or mo!!! See banks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by EroticJane(f): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
ThothHermes:
use your head nah, CBN mustn't state it in the circular that you should receive money from others and deposit. just go ahead and do it especially if you are operating POS, you can use this opportunity to make a lot of money ooo. received with charges, deposit and send transfer to them. don't abuse it, don't exploit people. that's all.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by koby86: 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
DSC7:

February 17th for #500 and #1,000 notes and April 10th for #200 notes... Thanks..

This is crazy man.... just tomorrow.... enough old notes still dey in circulation.make will dey watch see
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by tonididdy(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2023
E nor go better for emefiele and Buhari.
So na everybody get access to internet in the zoo?
They didn’t end it there, you still have to go print out shit
And still queue up at cbn gate.

….all this because of Wetin ?
The OP sef didn’t state if she got cash immediately 🤣 make Una just dey play!
Why do Nigerians have to queue up with empty stomachs to get or pay in cash 😡

If all of this nonsense is to curb cash during elections, why didn’t they do it a week b4 the elections? And if them postpone this election after all this madness…me go personally come cause chaos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Lemos14: 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
There is no deadline for return of old notes to CBN right

Deadline is tomorrow

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2023
goodnewscliff:
pls let us know how long it took them (cbn) to credit you.
will update when I get the alert.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2023
grin if you have a billion in old Naira notes better start doing charity tonight. Find bus carry people go Cbn at least you would have touch 100000 people's lives @ 10000 Naira per person... You are on your way to hiring Oga at the Top's Angel.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by dominique(f): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2023
Why make customers wait for 2-4 weeks before they're credited their own money? What if they don't have any other money to fall back on, how do they survive till the money reflects on their account? There's just one CBN in every state, does it mean everybody in those state have to go to that one CBN branch to deposit their money. Won't that be hectic and chaotic? We know how crowded branches of banks are in every corner of the states, now everybody has to go to CBN to go and deposit. I hope people won't get injured in stampede or faint out of exhaustion.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
omo i dey reason that matter since ,make e nor come be say alert no go show o.

Alert go show in 2 weeks time
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by BJanta: 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2023
S-P-O-N-S-O-R-E-D

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by tonididdy(m): 3:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
The highest court give an order … two miscreants are disobeying it in broad day light, just 2 persons oh!

And the people are happily dancing to their tune.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by kingdotman: 3:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
Is 17th still the deadline?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by chris51(f): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:

Thanks for sharing the information. Very encouraging

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by chris51(f): 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
chris51:

Thanks for sharing the information. Very encouraging
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by DanAugust2021: 3:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
femisplash:
Supreme Court will give judgement on the 22nd and most likely retain the legality of ALL old naira notes. No need for panick depositing.
I am very sure, some people who are trapped in this cash swap issue must have listened to your earlier submission.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by ipobarecriminals: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2023
Nah person wey get money dey deposit. That one get money grin? His own problem is Tinubu
christejames:

If you like don't go and deposit your old 500 and 1000 naira
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Malory: 3:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
kutashi:

There is! 7 days window
How sure are you about this?

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by oxiide22(m): 3:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:

why did you wait till today?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Malory: 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2023
dominique:
Why make customers wait for 2-4 weeks before they're credited their own money? What if they don't have any other money to fall back on, how do they survive till the money reflects on their account? There's just one CBN in every state, does it mean everybody in those state have to go to that one CBN branch to deposit their money. Won't that be hectic and chaotic? We know how crowded branches of banks are in every corner of the states, now everybody has to go to CBN to go and deposit. I hope people won't get injured in stampede or faint out of exhaustion.
Pls create a thread about this your questions and move it to FP so that it can gets to CBN. The questions are important. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Kamoru Yusuf And Wife, Bolanle: Kam Industries Owners, Steel Mill / Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else / Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.