Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (53136 Views)

Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Remijuice: 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2023
Charlie2020:
The old notes are still useful grin cheesy grin cheesy
Not healthy my dear...
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
tonididdy:
The highest court give an order … two miscreants are disobeying it in broad day light, just 2 persons oh!

And the people are happily dancing to their tune.
Oga go & deposit ya old notes b4 window close!
or u go Kaduna anytime u want to go spend it there!
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Remijuice: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
I was told the deadline is tomorrow. I hope they extend it .

I pray. I'll be busy tomorrow my dear.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by harmonyglobal: 4:00pm On Feb 16, 2023
I see how obi people getting too exited about this new money policy thinking its a deterrent to Tinubu's victory while we all suffer to get the new notes. Now they see Bubu as a good man for changing the notes. Well let me burst your bubble by saying Tinubu is the next president after bubu's tenure by God's grace. Then u can challenge God if u can
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
RegArmani:
Which one should I choose, New Depositor or Deposit Tracking?
New Depositor’s option is not opening
New depositor. Try again later ,I did mine early this morning.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by shuttox: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
27Pushing30:

Hahaha funny

Certainly you’re the one chatting from a room.

Small illiterate kids

You don't want cbn to receive it

Enemy of progress
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by ZooOga: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2023
Lady Tara, you are very smart and articulate. I really enjoyed reading your NL write-up and successful CBN adventure. 👍🏾👏🏾
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2023
Goodson15:
You're a good citizens,Vote Obidatti for president,a NEW nigeria is possible

Obi should go back and recontest for the Governor of Anambra State, make it a great state then use it as template and evidence that he can rule Nigeria 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by JoshTim: 4:09pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
So this morning I decided to try and deposit my old notes. I went cbn.gov.ng ,filled the cash deposit form ,went to the cafe to print it out and took it to cbn branch . On getting there I met other Nigerians who were already waiting for the cash swap program to commence . After hours of waiting ,some men came out and told people that had already added 200 naira notes to the form they filled online to remove it from the cash they want to deposit as they(cbn branch) just received a circular not to accept 200 naira notes as it was still legal tender.

Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.

This is not a cash swap, it is cash deposit. Cash swap is when you pay in old notes and get the new notes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by BeauBragnar11: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2023
DanAugust2021:
I am very sure, some people who are trapped in this cash swap issue must have listened to your earlier submission.

Lmao 🤣🤣

Pesin wey don run go deposit him shikini money grin grin
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2023
ZooOga:
Lady Tara, you are very smart and articulate. I really enjoyed reading your NL write-up and successful CBN adventure. 👍🏾👏🏾
lol, I'd didn't even write the adventure ,how the soldiers were hostile , how there was pandemonium because people were arguing who came first, then the staff that came to address us nearly lost their voice as people kept making mistakes on the form and taking new one. grin grin ,how others kept saying " so na so inside CBN be" when we finally got in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
JoshTim:

This is not a cash swap, it is cash deposit. Cash swap is when you pay in old notes and get the new notes.
my mistake,noted.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LZAA: 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2023
femisplash:
Supreme Court will give judgement on the 22nd and most likely retain the legality of ALL old naira notes. No need for panick depositing.
The one they gave did buhari obey? 😁😁
Forget it that 1000 and 500 note is now extinct

5 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by tunde300us(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2023
asanausana91:
the date line is 17th February 2023.
PLEASE WHERE DID YOU GET THE DATE FROM COS IN HIS ADDRESS TODAY NO MENTION OF DATE INSIDE

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Ajalalomo: 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
Congratulations
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Cool83(m): 4:28pm On Feb 16, 2023
Originalsly:
What happens to those who are not at all internet savvy? ... or those who can't read or write?....they all have money. This whole idea of phasing out the notes in a limited time was sooo short sighted..... never ever sitting down to figure out how it can be done smoothly ... what measures should be put in place. Instead of the Banks only ..... locations should have been set up throughout the country like the polling stations allowing everyone to do so in or close to their communities.
The most reasonable comment, may God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by funshint(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2023
Very shameful of CBN to be collecting deposit directly from citizens. It shows their level of desperation. The Invisibility of CBN has been erased. I won't be surprised if some daring ones decide to successfully raid one of their branches in the future.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
There is no deadline for return of old notes to CBN right

There is.

If my recollections serve me well, Emefiele opened a ten days window as of the last time he addressed this issue last week. But he might subsequently put in an extension.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by oladahunsirose4: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
RestRest...
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by tiswell(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
Siwisheswereesh:
There is no deadline for return of old notes to CBN right
tomorrow, 17th February

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Owologbo(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
thats the deadline for 200 naira to still be used as legal tender .
I'm not sure there's a deadline for depositing at the CBN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by drololaaof: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2023
Cluless people with useless solution, how can one spend #3-5000 as transport fares to deposit #10000 in a far away state capital . We are far away to solutions to our problems.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Ken4Christ: 5:03pm On Feb 16, 2023
Aurelius1:
What of those who live in towns where there is no CBN branch? What's gonna be their rate?

And those who don't have bank accounts like so many in the villages.

Also those who don't have smart phones to log into the CBN portal.

I am sure all these will be reversed after the election.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Ken4Christ: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
So this morning I decided to try and deposit my old notes. I went cbn.gov.ng ,filled the cash deposit form ,went to the cafe to print it out and took it to cbn branch . On getting there I met other Nigerians who were already waiting for the cash swap program to commence . After hours of waiting ,some men came out and told people that had already added 200 naira notes to the form they filled online to remove it from the cash they want to deposit as they(cbn branch) just received a circular not to accept 200 naira notes as it was still legal tender.

Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.

When is the deadline? I overheard someone said it's 17th February.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 5:05pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ken4Christ:

When is the deadline? I overheard someone said it's 17th February.
That's what I heard too.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:20pm On Feb 16, 2023
Aurelius1:
What of those who live in towns where there is no CBN branch? What's gonna be their rate?

Even if you live in Sambisa forest, you had an initial window of 3 Months to deposit old notes, trekking from Sambisa to CBN office in Abuja shouldn't take up three months...grin grin grin

Typical of Nigerians we always like fire brigade approach, always late at everything even Wedding Ceremonies after it is clearly written on the IV when the party will start...grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Aurelius1(m): 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
hssd8nland:
CBN have branches in every state in the country
I live in Warri, to the best of my knowledge, there's no CBN branch here. So, I have to risk my life travelling to Asaba with cash which could amount to 10 million naira. Let's admit it , Nigeria has always been ruled by useless men who are not even qualified to be village heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by ThothHermes: 5:30pm On Feb 16, 2023
EroticJane:
use your head nah, CBN mustn't state it in the circular that you should receive money from others and deposit. just go ahead and do it especially if you are operating POS, you can use this opportunity to make a lot of money ooo. received with charges, deposit and send transfer to them. don't abuse it, don't exploit people. that's all.
Erotic Jane shocked

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by oxiide22(m): 5:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
I don't have new notes. Was using old notes until people stopped taking it in my area. The change with me is what I will be managing and doing tansfer for other expenses for now. Until I can get where to withdraw new notes. Couldn't buy something at ring road today because no new notes. 😔 Sigh

ohhh understand you're wise. So sorry
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Lamanii22(f): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
I was told the deadline is tomorrow.

Deadline is tomorrow ke? They would still have to extend it, pos is still giving old cash today.... We are still spending it comfortably here sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by XAUBulls: 5:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by fortunejum: 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
Jorussia:
no both of them
No, it's only 200 naira notes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet Kamoru Yusuf And Wife, Bolanle: Kam Industries Owners, Steel Mill / Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else / Naira Drops To 490/$1, 600/£1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.