Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara (53154 Views)

Queues at CBN offices (Pictures) / How To Deposit Old ₦‎1000, ₦‎500 And ₦‎200 Notes At The CBN / Hawkers Sell New Naira Notes At Parties (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2023
femisplash:
Supreme Court will give judgement on the 22nd and most likely retain the legality of ALL old naira notes. No need for panick depositing.
una don start again!

go deposit ur old note, una no go gree!

angry

4 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by faceland: 3:39pm On Feb 16, 2023
You try. I hope they pay you back on time because now you are dealing with the dreaded civil servants.

Even the newspapers would steal this image (I have seen an original Nairaland picture on a newspaper website before).

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
oxiide22:
why did you wait till today?
I don't have new notes. Was using old notes until people stopped taking it in my area. The change with me is what I will be managing and doing tansfer for other expenses for now. Until I can get where to withdraw new notes. Couldn't buy something at ring road today because no new notes. 😔 Sigh

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by oluplus(m): 3:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
olusolaalisha:
Lies. Are they paying without account number at CBN

Dont be quick to condemn what you don't understand. If you need clarification, ask questions. Don't just sit in your corner and conclude op is telling lies
It does not speak well of you.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by SaLongs1(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2023
olusolaalisha:
Lies. Are they paying without account number at CBN
Lies kee you dia angry angry Of what profit is it to you when the common man is inconvenienced?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by SaLongs1(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
oluplus:

Dont be quick to condemn what you don't understand. If you need clarification, ask questions. Don't just sit in your corner and conclude op is telling lies
It does not speak well of you.
l doubt he has a dime to his name

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by enomakos(m): 3:42pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
I feel sorry for people who are far from town though,I know the additional cost I had to incure today just to deposit the notes. Plus because of the riot yesterday a section of the area around CBN was blocked with soldiers everywhere. Plus the process is slow and as I was leaving just now ,crowd was already forming at the waiting area.
benin?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Akwaokukuo: 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2023
If the purpose of the redesign is to curb vote buying, while leaving this option open, then it doesn't make much sense.
The politicians can still use their old #1000 and #500 currency to buy votes.
After the election, people who are bought with the old currency will simply go to CBN branches to exchange it with the new currency before 10th April.
More than one Month is enough time for them to exchange the old money after the election.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
enomakos:
benin?
Yes, CBN at akpakpava .Just meet the soldiers and tell them you want to deposit your old notes, they will direct you to post office , that's where the waiting area is.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by PJtech: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
na persn wey get money dey deposit am
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Kobojunkie: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.
Bank still dey use pen write paper receipt for this 2023? shocked

Na hand dem use calculate the amount as well. shocked
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Treadway: 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
tonididdy:
The highest court give an order … two miscreants are disobeying it in broad day light, just 2 persons oh!

And the people are happily dancing to their tune.
because it isn't a new occurrence. Why are you making it seem like this scenario is even remotely a new one? Bubu has been disregarding court orders for as long as I can remember. These marauders didn't see anything wrong then, so why screaming blue murder now. Lol. They never knew this day would come. All I am waiting for is for Bubu to mandate Femi Adesina to write his usual silly articles/press releases justifying this masterstroke of a move, as he has always done. Now that would be a very iconic boss move, adding premium salt to the injury 😁😎

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Charlie2020(f): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
The old notes are still useful grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Eskayla: 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2023
I'm very sure this is a sponsored advertorial by the CBN but belated. This should have come before total implementation of the policy

LadyTara:
So this morning I decided to try and deposit my old notes. I went cbn.gov.ng ,filled the cash deposit form ,went to the cafe to print it out and took it to cbn branch . On getting there I met other Nigerians who were already waiting for the cash swap program to commence . After hours of waiting ,some men came out and told people that had already added 200 naira notes to the form they filled online to remove it from the cash they want to deposit as they(cbn branch) just received a circular not to accept 200 naira notes as it was still legal tender.

Note: The form below will be given to you at cbn,while you must have your online print out and photocopy of a valid means of identification.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Bank still dey use pen write paper receipt for this 2023? shocked
that's carbon paper copy.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Kobojunkie: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
that's carbon paper copy.
No be pen dem use write for the original copy so?, undecided
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by nedekid: 3:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Thank yourself for your sufferness.Lagos,Kano,Ondo and almost all states of the federation (except the mumu ones who are suffering and smiling) still continue to enjoy all old notes as legal tenders in line with the constitution of Nigeria.
If you reject old notes in Lagos,then you are OYO. grin
Yeah, it's like ponzi scheme.
The last person to collect is the one to suffer. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2023
Eskayla:
I'm very sure this is a sponsored advertorial by the CBN but belated. This should have come before total implementation of the policy

I have no affiliation with CBN whatsoever, please please enough of all this nonsense talk.Go and see normal citizens at CBN today. I don't have anything to gain,who like make e hear ,who nor like make e rest , enough of this rubbish please.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by gabbasin: 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
People are still transacting with the old 500 and 1000 naira notes in Lagos and Ogun states, transporters still accept it likewise market women, seems people have no choice than to accept it as legal tender. The new notes are scarce to come by. Imagine you go deposit your old notes at the CBN, and on your way back home you give the bus conductor a new note of 1000 naira for a fare of 500, and he gave you change in old note of 500 naira. Are you going to fIll another form to deposit the 500 naira at the CBN, or you spend the 500 naira?
There's a form of civil disobedience with people still transacting with the old notes

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by mastermaestro(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
tonididdy:
The highest court give an order … two miscreants are disobeying it in broad day light, just 2 persons oh!

And the people are happily dancing to their tune.

A dangerous precedent has been set. Another president and CBN governor in the near future will see no wrong in flouting an order of the Supreme Court. Whether the reasons the governors sued the FG/CBN are genuine or not, reasonable citizens should not be celebrating Buhari and CBN for this contempt.

Electing a good leader doesn't change a nation's fortune. Instead it is when an elected leader respects all the rules and institutions governing a nation that positive change can happen.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Treadway: 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
kingdotman:
Is 17th still the deadline?
I believe it is. It was stated that it would run from Feb 10-17. Bubu the cattle herder did not say anything pertaining to an extension. So I don't know why people are assuming the extension for 200ngn is the same as this 'window period' for 500 and 1000 as earlier stated.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by enomakos(m): 3:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
Yes, CBN at akpakpava .Just meet the soldiers and tell them you want to deposit your old notes, they will direct you to post office , that's where the waiting area is.
ok thanks ma
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by Remijuice: 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
I have add pics ,was trying to upload the pics before ,it didn't go through.
You have any idea how long this will be on?
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
Originalsly:
What happens to those who are not at all internet savvy? ... or those who can't read or write?....they all have money. This whole idea of phasing out the notes in a limited time was sooo short sighted..... never ever sitting down to figure out how it can be done smoothly ... what measures should be put in place. Instead of the Banks only ..... locations should have been set up throughout the country like the polling stations allowing everyone to do so in or close to their communities.
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No be pen dem use write for the original copy so?, undecided
yes na ,wetin you be want take fill form,this is same as a bank deposit slip, na urine or blood you wan take fill am?, Note that you already have a print out with all your details ,this is more of confirmation. We were told not to write our names or account number at the top as that will be unnecessary repetition as they will be keeping the print out as well.

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by goodnewscliff(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
LadyTara:
will update when I get the alert.
ok. Thanks
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by LadyTara(f): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2023
Remijuice:

You have any idea how long this will be on?
I was told the deadline is tomorrow. I hope they extend it .
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by 27Pushing30: 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
shuttox:

Dey inside your room dey talk trash
You are not happy about this new development

Smh

Hahaha funny

Certainly you’re the one chatting from a room.

Small illiterate kids
Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by litaninja(m): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2023
So the CBN governor successfully converted the CBN into a retail bank.

wonders never end

1 Like

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by jaxxy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Jashub:
Let Tinubu go and deposit his old notes . We are waiting to see the outcome grin

Siwisheswereesh:

Piiggiiddiioott amaka cheesy

he has to deposit within the stipulated time or else nothing for him and his urchins.

enemies of democracy will cry. grin

3 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2023
Bluntemperor:

You see,if Nigeria is good, it's for all of us!
Imagine, from the Mainland here to -Mary Land- Ketu- Ojota down to Ikorodu - can CBN just showed us their Office for people of about 5M plus to drop their Old Naira Notes, and Others.
Mr Emefiele is just selling a camouflage to deceive the gaulible Masses and is yet to comply with the Supreme Court y-the Apex Court order and unfortunately,many Nigerians are not seeing the long -term implications of not obeying the Law Courts and they think they are safe fornow and the opposing party is going to be affected!
We shall all see it!
u have #5m old notes?
were u out of d con3 wen dey announced Jan 31st deadline?

or u were waiting 4 Hellrufai commercial bank to go and do deposit?
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara by RegArmani: 3:57pm On Feb 16, 2023
Which one should I choose, New Depositor or Deposit Tracking?
New Depositor’s option is not opening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of Onitsha Main Market: The Biggest Market In Nigeria / How To Make At Least $350 Monthly With Youtube / Rice Seller Cries Out: The Money They Paid Me Turned To Something Else

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.