Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? (22947 Views)

Edo Assembly Seats: PDP 12, APC 8, LP 1 As INEC Declares 3 Inconclusive / Rejected By APC, What Is Fani-Kayode’s Next Move? / Okorocha: No More APC, What Is Left Of APC Is Just Respect For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Bekermann(m): 10:26am On Feb 24, 2023
mechanics:
Increase in DTA of civil and public servants and implementation of the minimum wage.

As regards the minimum wage, it's bollocks. There's nominal value (face value), and there's real value (what it can actually buy). As regards real value, it's nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by madapcmod: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2023
David160:

Electricity improved a little bit

How did power improve when generation is still hovering at 4000MW since PDP tenure? Do you know what is improvement? If you are fortunate to live in an area with Band A or Band B, remember that there are people living in band E area with less than 3hr per day.

Power can only improve when the generation leave the 4000MW mark and increase to 6000MW or 7000MW
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Softmirror: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2023
macrodata:
And your brain didn't tell you that APC was behind Jonathan's security challenges? If you think APC did much on security with the way Buratai handled the army then you must be a joke.
Ask Kaduna, Katsina, Jigawa & Borno if they're safe.

WHEN PEOPLE TALK LIKE THIS. THERE IS ONLY ONE THING I ASK FROM THEM. KINDLY PRODUCE YOUR EVIDENCE TO THIS CLAIM.
BUT THEN, IT IS ON RECORD THAT BOKO HARAM DID NOT START DURING THE JONATHAN ERA, THIS IS A FACT. PRESIDENT UMARU MUSA YAR'ADUA WAS BEING FACED BY THE CHALLENGES POSED BY BOKO HARAM. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS?!
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by deltateam: 10:27am On Feb 24, 2023
logicalhumour:
With the current support for APC, I'm beginning to question myself as to if I lived in the same Nigeria under 8 years of APC alongside the supporters of APC.

The title of this thread is a very very honest question. Please do NOT reply if APC hasn't done any positive thing for you. I want to know what Nairalanders have benefited from this current government. Don't coman tell me how you suffered, I didn't ask for that! I just want to know what Nigerians enjoyed the most in this government.

Once again, a very honest question, sincerely. Thank you.

It was only under APC I knew what SAPA was.

I was self employed during Jonathan's era. I lost my business after Buhari came in.

My business relied on palm oil etc which tripled in price. I had to shut the business down painfully.

This was a business that helped me pay school fees then and buy phone and atleast feed well.

I doubt it would have been this bad under Jonathan's administration.

I cry anytime I think about it. Now to tell me to vote Tinubu the man that sold Buhari to us is shaking hands beyond the wrist.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by fitinwell: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2023
logicalhumour:
With the current support for APC, I'm beginning to question myself as to if I lived in the same Nigeria under 8 years of APC alongside the supporters of APC.

The title of this thread is a very very honest question. Please do NOT reply if APC hasn't done any positive thing for you. I want to know what Nairalanders have benefited from this current government. Don't coman tell me how you suffered, I didn't ask for that! I just want to know what Nigerians enjoyed the most in this government.

Na free Air in my lungs ni ooo..
Damn lucky to still be alive ...

Remain small make PDAPC subsidize AIR wey i dey breath..

Wicked set of people..

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by blabulu2000: 10:30am On Feb 24, 2023
*If you're a Yoruba supporter of Obi, ask your self if Igbos voted for Awolowo or MKO*.

*Why is it always your own elders that are bad, but theirs are saints??*

*Was MKO's (SDP) Party in government previously in 1993 just as is APC now for Tinubu?*! *The reality of your decision today is that your tribesmen may never be president again.*

*All your elders and leaders are subject of mockery but Igbos can bring an unknown entity, rebrand it, and sell to you as a saint*. *They tell you it's not about tribe but, historically they had never voted Yoruba candidates for presidency*.

*In 1979 elections, Chief Obafemi Awolowo recorded an abysmal 0.8% and 0.7% of total votes πŸ—³ cast in the then Imo and Enugu state*. *Was Awolowo not competent too or was he also too old for the job? Is Awolowo ticket a Muslim Muslim ticket?*πŸ€”

*Google 1993 election results and see that they did not also vote for MKO Abiola*. *Abiola lost in Enugu, Abia, Imo, and River states*.

*For me, if you don't patronize me, I will not patronize you*. *I'm not a fool!!* *This is a federal election and not state election like Osun state where the candidates are Yoruba vs Yoruba*.

*For the fact that a candidate failed in a party does not AUTOMATICALLY mean that everyone in the party will underperform if given the opportunity*.

*The same Igbos misleading our people are part of the problem too with their Biafra agitation which they have cleverly suspended for.*

*They championed EndSars protest as directed by Nnamdi Kanu to destroy Lagos*. *They are always insulting and troubling this Buhari man and even things he did well, they will never give credit*.

*We should never forget in a hurry how they called Nigeria a Zoo and all of us living in it, baboons.*

*Must it be their own president for us to progress?*

*Is that how developed the South East is, or we Yorubas are already emotionally blackmailed to the point that we see nothing good about ourselves again?* πŸ€”

*Yoruba e je ki a Ro'nu jinle oooo.* πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Forward it let it go viral.

#ThinkYorubaFirst

2 Likes

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by deltateam: 10:30am On Feb 24, 2023
RighChannel:
I enjoy staying at my domain because I love traveling to North and South and now that APC is doing wonders in security matters, I just stay at my doorstep enjoying my life

I remember when I travelled to Damaturu, Yobe state. It was peaceful with sand like desert and scattered settlements.

I doubt I can venture near any state now with Fulani herdsmen scattered waiting to kill.

Yet some people want to vote Atiku. Like seriously? Are Nigerians mentally weak?

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by HNICEARTH: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2023
Except you enjoy pain but nothing else came out from this APC government. Meanwhile, 🌽 bandit we see you with your 🌽ny question

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Tartasbags(m): 10:32am On Feb 24, 2023
With what I'm seeing no one is able to point out a tangible thing that the Nigerians can be proud of as the success of eight years journey with APC. Please think twice before you vote this time.

blabulu2000:
*If you're a Yoruba supporter of Obi, ask your self if Igbos voted for Awolowo or MKO*.

*Why is it always your own elders that are bad, but theirs are saints??*

*Was MKO's (SDP) Party in government previously in 1993 just as is APC now for Tinubu?*! *The reality of your decision today is that your tribesmen may never be president again.*

*All your elders and leaders are subject of mockery but Igbos can bring an unknown entity, rebrand it, and sell to you as a saint*. *They tell you it's not about tribe but, historically they had never voted Yoruba candidates for presidency*.

*In 1979 elections, Chief Obafemi Awolowo recorded an abysmal 0.8% and 0.7% of total votes πŸ—³ cast in the then Imo and Enugu state*. *Was Awolowo not competent too or was he also too old for the job? Is Awolowo ticket a Muslim Muslim ticket?*πŸ€”

*Google 1993 election results and see that they did not also vote for MKO Abiola*. *Abiola lost in Enugu, Abia, Imo, and River states*.

*For me, if you don't patronize me, I will not patronize you*. *I'm not a fool!!* *This is a federal election and not state election like Osun state where the candidates are Yoruba vs Yoruba*.

*For the fact that a candidate failed in a party does not AUTOMATICALLY mean that everyone in the party will underperform if given the opportunity*.

*The same Igbos misleading our people are part of the problem too with their Biafra agitation which they have cleverly suspended for.*

*They championed EndSars protest as directed by Nnamdi Kanu to destroy Lagos*. *They are always insulting and troubling this Buhari man and even things he did well, they will never give credit*.

*We should never forget in a hurry how they called Nigeria a Zoo and all of us living in it, baboons.*

*Must it be their own president for us to progress?*

*Is that how developed the South East is, or we Yorubas are already emotionally blackmailed to the point that we see nothing good about ourselves again?* πŸ€”

*Yoruba e je ki a Ro'nu jinle oooo.* πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
Forward it let it go viral.

#ThinkYorubaFirst

Ask yourself this question is it only the south that are suffering under this administration? So, voting a man from your tribe doesn't guarantee that you will enjoy dividends of democracy under in his administration. No one is a saint among the Presidential aspirant, but one is still better than others. Think before you vote

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by SeeItSayIt: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
Hardship & lack of confidence

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by reddingtonblack: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
SmartPolician:
APC and Buhari were the worst things that ever happened to Nigeria. Buhari was a monumental failure of epic proportions.

They even borrowed to do the projects they claimed they did without clear-cut repayment plans! I hope they didn't sell our sovereignty to China because I am not ready to work in Chinese coalmines now.

OGA he didnt ask you to Open the book of lamentation again, there is no picture of worst you want to creat now that don't have an existing thread, 365days Γ— 8yrs rest

The thread is for those who have just one good thing to say @least not people who have ships loads of complain,nagging & wailing as usual, know when to take a break.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by mtngloetiartel: 10:33am On Feb 24, 2023
Ethnic and religious crisis.
Nigeria operate 2 constitutions Viz Sharia law for the Islamic north and the 1999 constitution for the rest of the Nigerian. Why don't they split in to 2 nations? Rather, why don't they split into the 3 nations of Arewa, Biafra and Yoruba nation?
madapcmod:
We enjoyed the following:

The highest massacre of Nigerians across the country since civil war without any compassionate input to stop it by the President

The highest rate of poverty and suffering across the nation

The institutionalisation of nepotism by the Buhari led govt across all government parastatals

Persistent fuel queues despite the denial of payment of fuel subsidy which was found to be false

Poor power supply despite billions we hear going into power sector. Remember power is not rocket science by Fashola. We are still on 4000MW inherited from PDP.

Highest rate of insecurity, kidnapping, road trip became risk, railway is not spared, flight tickets rose to an astronomical level

Price of food rose to an all high level, the Naira value crashed that 10k can't make a good pot of soup

The arbitrary disregard to rule of law by the Buhari govt. Ignoring supreme court rulings

8 months ASUU strike that kept our university students at home and our lecturer parents hungry without salary while some died from sickness because they could not buy their routine drugs

For the first time, dollar rose to close to 1000 Naira to a dollar

The govt that forced our active youth run out of the country in the name of "Japa" most hospitals have no doctors as most medical personnel have ran to UK for greener pastures

The constant blaming of 16years of PDP throughout their useless 8 years failed tenure

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by fitinwell: 10:34am On Feb 24, 2023
Justpassingby45:
Nothing, APC even make a brother to be fighting his brother. Alot of deaths just this 8 years of APC

Well said .. This Government make us to hate ourselves.. Zero LOVE in this Country... Everybody is angry
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by ursullalinda(f): 10:34am On Feb 24, 2023
Derrickfoster1:
I lost a family member to End SARS massacre

So sorry about your loss

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by samsard(m): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2023
Softmirror:
TOO MANY TO MENTION. DURING THE DAYS OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN. YOU WILL HAVE TO THINK A MILLION TIMES BEFORE GOING TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY OR MOSQUE, OR THE MOTOR PARK OR THE MARKET FOR THE FEAR OF BOMB BLAST.
I was traveling frequently during GEJ and went to church without issues. I can't minimise the fact that churches were attacked and one park. But there was no magic pill that resolved those. The security problems have evolved and herdsmen now routinely attack people in my village, plus bandits absolutely ravaging some northern states now too.
Not to forget that a church was attacked and worshippers gruesomely murdered in cold blood under this administration and they still went ahead to have a dinner event in the Villa the same night.
Sense of security is a perception.

2 Likes

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by mechanics(m): 10:35am On Feb 24, 2023
Bekermann:

As regards the minimum wage, it's bollocks. There's nominal value (face value), and there's real value (what it can actually buy). As regards real value, it's nothing to write home about.
That's right, they will still increase it again as said by the minister of Labour.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 24, 2023
Well, I benefitted on the AGRIC-LOAN. thanks to Apc led goverment! "I've my voters card, I know my pollin unit and I'll vote wisely on saturday'

1 Like

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by CaptainFM1: 10:36am On Feb 24, 2023
Cashless policy
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2023
madapcmod:

Which Enugu Onitsha express was constructed?

Nonsense lies
oga MTN is almost finishing the road construction, construction is rapidly ongoing everyday...in as much as I don't like Buhari and his administration, I can't carry stupid sentiment. Since 2003 they have been awarding contract on that road but nothing to show, now this administration made show the construction goes on and almost finishing. Sometimes you need to do away it bitter sentiments!

2 Likes

Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by ChicagoBar(m): 10:38am On Feb 24, 2023
Good road
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by jayworld15(m): 10:38am On Feb 24, 2023
Softmirror:

DESPITE THIS UNFORTUNATE TWO INCIDENCES, PEOPLE HAVE NO FEAR OF GOING TO THOSE PUBLIC PLACES I HAVE MENTIONED. IN THE DAYS OF JONATHAN, WE ALL WERE LIVING IN FEAR TRUTH BE TOLD. EVEN ABUJA WAS VISITED WITH SERIES OF BOMB BLASTS.

You and who were living in fear during Jonathan's time. It seems you're not alive to hear about what's going on everywhere in Nigeria, even South West that was once peaceful isn't anymore. You have to now pray to God and literarily fast not to be a victim while plying Lagos-ibadan expressway.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Olam09(m): 10:40am On Feb 24, 2023
logicalhumour:

During there tenure i became a man, i became very independent and i started my own well paying business. Na why i still like Buhari regime.. anyone complaining about APC eight years reign is either a lazy asshole or an illiterate. You can never blame APC for the surge on cost of living and inflation.. COVID19 is to be blame. It threw the world into a rapid halt, making inflation increase by nearly 200% every one in the world felt the impact COVID Spain is mostly on the receiving end.. shebi you still dey see 1k bread buy. The cheapest bread in spain is up to 2k.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 24, 2023
My friend lost his job in 2016 because of bad economy dude went into depression after sometime he committed suicide,APC na evil on earth
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Bobbiee: 10:41am On Feb 24, 2023
Personally, nothing! So long as their changed doesn't affect the common man then they can be considered failures. Things like security, constant electricity, good economy. These are things that affect the common man. APC failed woefully on all three.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Bobbiee: 10:43am On Feb 24, 2023
Olam09:

During there tenure i became a man, i became very independent and i started my own well paying business. Na why i still like Buhari regime.. anyone complaining about APC eight years reign is either a lazy asshole or an illiterate. You can never blame APC for the surge on cost of living and inflation.. COVID19 is to be blame. It threw the world into a rapid halt, making inflation increase by nearly 200% every one in the world felt the impact COVID Spain is mostly on the receiving end.. shebi you still dey see 1k bread buy. The cheapest bread in spain is up to 2k.

Did covid start in 2016 or have you typically forgotten that too. APC supporters are notorious for their short term memory which is evidence of low intelligence
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Smartguyboy(m): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2023
Softmirror:
TOO MANY TO MENTION. DURING THE DAYS OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN. YOU WILL HAVE TO THINK A MILLION TIMES BEFORE GOING TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY OR MOSQUE, OR THE MOTOR PARK OR THE MARKET FOR THE FEAR OF BOMB BLAST.
Better you fear for bomb blast than have no food to eat
People are dying because of hunger .
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by vannessa7(f): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2023
Using party as a yardstick to vote is counter productive because it's like saying because one person from a particular tribe is like this then everyone from that tribe must be like that which is impossible, they don't swallow a pill that gives every party member the same character, intellect and ability, the most effective way is to vote personality because a bad candidate in this dispensation does not mean a good philanthropic candidate cannot be fielded in the next dispensation for that same party.

Anyway for me I enjoyed central bank loan and I know people that enjoyed trader moni and Npower. One thing is sure we can kiss all these goodbye if Peter Obi wins because he will not give shishi. Tinubu will create jobs and opportunities for the citizenry, he will develop this nation, let's put sentiment aside, let's all vote him. Igbos should go back to the drawing board and plan against next time. It's not a do or die affair, they should be more concerned about their wellbeing than having an igbo president. Peter Obi could not handle Anambra of one ethnicity, his own people, not to talk of the whole country.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by OgbeniOja1: 10:45am On Feb 24, 2023
Was Owo massacre in Jonathas regime??
Softmirror:
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Estellar: 10:46am On Feb 24, 2023
RighChannel:
I enjoy staying at my domain because I love traveling to North and South and now that APC is doing wonders in security matters, I just stay at my doorstep enjoying my life
grin grin cheesy
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by Bekermann(m): 10:46am On Feb 24, 2023
mechanics:
That's right, they will still increase it again as said by the minister of Labour.

OK. Let's hope they implement that soon.
Re: Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:47am On Feb 24, 2023
logicalhumour:

according to bastards, nigeria progressing means even if people die in order 4 tinubu not to win, they kill ants while blaming tigers 4 what wolves were used to enforce, nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Impeachment Axe Against Osinbajo: Has Senate Lost It? - By Jideofor Adibe / Fuel Scarcity Deliberate Attempt By Pres. Buhari To Impoverish Igbos – Ohaneze / President Buhari Attends Nigerian’s 58th Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.