Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience (29711 Views)

Cash Scarcity: See The Bundle Of N100 Mint Note I Was Given At The Bank Counter / Is The Cash Scarcity Easing In Your Area / CBN Disburses Smaller Naira Notes To Traders To End Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by easytig(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
There is a textbook I abandon bad naira notes in my room, practically torn and badly cellotape notes I don't want to spend ever again.but of recent I have to go to this book and mend and patch some notes and use as emergency.when I bring such note to spend ,some sellers give me the wide eye look.but I no send.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by whysquare4real(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
SMJay:
if you want monie point POS, I am your plug
how much is moniepoint POS?
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
Albertone:

Css is not needed in backend though.
Are you suggesting I go the full stack route?
Yeah bro. Na job go dey find u. grin. JavaScript and php for web development. Don't joke it if you are looking for job in Nigeria.
If you can have knowledge in React, php, nodejs sql and you don't still get a job in Nigeria. Na ur village people dey do youoo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Albertone(m): 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2023
joinnow:
g
Just use chatgpt it will write it for you abegi

Wait what??
That's not learning na.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Albertone(m): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
majesticguy:

Go through my topics you'd see some of my works with HTML CSS and JavaScript, pick any one you fancy and try to replicate it.

But to be honest, without knowing responsiveness I doubt you'd be able to replicate any of my websites. Most basic sites are responsive so try and learn responsiveness first before trying to create or replicate any site.

Okay thanks. I'll try that.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by tdayoojo: 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2023
Higgies:
May what Buhari and his cronies make us go through befall them and their loved ones too.

Wallahi all these caahless nonsense is really affecting sales. Bakery owners are majorly one of the worst hits.

Cashless policy is now nonsense after presidential election. Okay now. But some people were praising Emefiele and Buhari because they thought it will help thier candidate to win election while the masses were suffering. They failed to see the poor preparation of CBN for the policy. They fail to realise that none of the major contestants would need to visit banks to get cash. They only needed to call the bank M.Ds and cash will be supplied in minutes. It was the commoners who suffered and they are still suffering for badly implemented policy targeted at a group of people. Common sense no common Sha. Receive sense for sensible living my people.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Albertone(m): 9:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
Borntosmoke:

Yeah bro. Na job go dey find u. grin. JavaScript and php for web development. Don't joke it if you are looking for job in Nigeria.

How about using nodejs for backend?
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by EteBabaagba222(m): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
[quote author=lavylilly post=121645659][/quote]

I queue for Bovas filling Station, I don ask if dey will collect transfer. After about an hour I got to the pump. This small girl said no transfer n POS only cash. I was somewhat furious after an hour. But I see pple transfer to you now, the girl was so rude n arrogant. She now pointed 👉 a man to me.

When I got to d man, he said I will transfer 7500 to get 7000 fuel. I was like haba is too much now, next e no even talk to again. I just think am say well, since I don stay for an hour let me just do so.

I made d transfer n come back to d girl to sell fuel, d girl said na only dat guy can give her go ahead to sell fuel.

I go back to d guy, and he followed me to d girl and he asked me how much did I send I show him d receipt of 7500. The guy now said it is hundred naira on one thousand so my fuel is 6800 not 7000.

By that tym Pressure don dey my body. I was like return my money am not buying again, d guy don disappeared to answer another customer. That tym all other pple that wan buy fuel dey shout for my back.

Ok, sell 6800, I say to d girl n behold dis useless girl say since I dey buy pass 5k she will charge me. I just say go ahead bc my temper don high I fit slap d girl. Na so she stop for 6500.

Na so I pay 7500 collect 6500 fuel after a long queue.

Even if I go buy 250per liter e for better.

This naira issue.... Armageddon to Emefiele.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
Albertone:

How about using nodejs for backend?
Very good, make sure you learn php too. Php is very popular for backend than nodejs in Nigeria currently.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by cigaricon(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lalami3232:
Thank God say I be I.T personnel oooooo, else I for suffer premium suffering. For 3weeks now, I've been working from home.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Oga instead of you to go do yahoo, go and learn programming and thank me later"

Must everybody be IT personnel? Ogã if you don't have any experience to share simply Waka pass and stop blowing unnecessary trumpet undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by omoluka: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
babaoo:
This cashless policy has really dealt with me,over 90k hanged, access bank is holding 60k,gtb is holding 30k,just dis nite I transfer 3600 and the person is telling she never receive alert madam check ur balance she refuse,telling me dat she normally received alert what if bank no send alert nkor....plz anybody Sabi gtb email address where I can complain,the useless acct officer number I saw tru their app no gree pick phone.
I spoke with access care center ,I was told to wait 5 working dat but gtb care center just dey waste my credit..20min call customer no pick call
My 200k still dey hang for binance P2P since Wednesday undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by achieverr: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2023
creatorsverse:
Bank way no dey work with cashless policy

I don trek from festac to igando with money in my account o, I can't do transfer.. the next day I open 5 different account with 5 different banks with all their mobile app

UBA owner will die of hypertension
Festac to Igando?
That’s a long distance. Sorry you had to go through such.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Olowosaudi(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2023
Guys, you make transfer. Have learnt never to pay with the little cash I have with me if you don't have transfer capabilities. I transferred some money to a woman in my area today so that I can easily walk up to her and pick up whatever I need from her and she keeps record of my purchase. The only issue am having now is the bus people who don't have means of transfer but we are making adjustments still. In saner society, the APC would have been kicked out very fast for causing us so much hardship but Na Naija we dey wey nothing seems to work.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by remsonik(f): 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2023
Depot:
I have given out over 1 million new notes to people without charges . They transfer same amount.My business requires cash . I give out whenever I make sales as you I cant deposit in the bank for now. I want to stop giving by Monday because the scarcity is taking longer than expected and I want to travel to the village for Easter . So I need cash . Will start saving up by Monday . I cant travel to the village and be looking like mumu.
please can I get some cash from you? I go transfer am to you
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Albertone(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Borntosmoke:

Very good, make sure you learn php too. Php is very popular for backend than nodejs in Nigeria currently.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by stano2(m): 10:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lalami3232:
Thank God say I be I.T personnel oooooo, else I for suffer premium suffering. For 3weeks now, I've been working from home.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "Oga instead of you to go do yahoo, go and learn programming and thank me later"
There are people in the programming field and they are not still finding it easy. One can’t be at home 24/7, some need to enter public transport, some market women do not take transfer, Malam selling meat and tomatoes will tell you that he doesn’t have a bank account.
Today I went to withdraw 10 k, I was told charge was 6k. I just left. E no easy at all, working from home no save person from this one.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by tuzle(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
majesticguy:

😄 CSS isn't that hard na. infact I find it straightforward than the rest. Just know how padding, margins and borders work and also have a clear understanding of how Media Queries work & there's no site on earth you can clone.
this is for baby programmers now, how can one claim agba coder with css? U will still need to learn more and the more isn't easy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by socialjustice93: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lalami3232:

Can I get a programming job with just HTML and CSS?
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Adonko(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
SMJay:
if you want monie point POS, I am your plug
I want it and how do we go about ...it . here is my digit zero 8 one 3 2 one seven 93 forty nine.... Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by kunleiky(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
POS gave me 1k for 300, I still dey say thank you.
Because if no be for her, I for miss an important appointment.
This country ehn

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by olahero(m): 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
Just came back from where I went to buy noodles and suya, cough tablets, I did transfer all through including to Mai Suya guy.

My Last Week Terrible Banking Experienced.

Last week Tuesday I was out of cash that I was left with just #200, so on Wednesday morning, I went to bank as early as 5.30am to pick up a number I will used to enter banking hall, I was given 108, I didn't even bothered to questioned the number I was given since I found many people in some banks before reaching my own bank, so after picking the number, I went back home to pray and help my wife with kids.

Fast forward to 8.00am, I quickly rushed to drop off my kids at school and headed to bank straight, it was passed 8am, I so many people at the gate, fortunately for me, they just called 1-90 which many numbers were not around like me, getting to 9am, the crowd getting increasingly and the bank staffers were not able to control us, the manager came out and address us and he went back, when it's turn of 91-130 which I fall in, the crowd hijacked the gate and people rushed in and I managely rushed in as well.

The manage came out of the banking hall and he ordered everyone of us should leave or they shut down operations for the day, I was like haaa, with this kind crowd ooo, when the man insisted, some of us obliged while some stayed aback, i think I made mistakes by leaving because those people that stayed back were later attended to first before us.

And it's almost 10am, the manager came out again and said some of us should enter but we will used number to enter the banking hall, we all agreed, when they open the gate people still rushed in, after lining up, we spent like 30mins inside the hot sun, after some paparazzi, we were ordered to leave the sun and manager ordered those of us should enter in other for them to call in another set of people.

It was after 11am I entered the banking hall, we were rushed to get withdrawal teller, queue for the withdrawal, i was feeling hungry and the cashier sent me back to go and verified my account bkos it's current account, that I will need to signed it from customer service, get it signed, went back and the man noticed that I am fucking angry and looks tired.

He collected my slip and gave me #200x100 of old note, I wasn't even bothered to check it as I quickly rushed out of the bank and when I reached outside, I pity those that are still struggling to get number... grin

God will judge them all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by peacefulhome(f): 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
I have never for once experience what naira scarcity. Am just lucky Sha. Most times,I give out cash to people who desperately needs it, because am so certain that I will get another cash to run for the week ahead.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
Waiting for my dry cleaner to hustle 10k cash for me tomorrow. And it's at a big charge.
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by geraldamobi(m): 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
This issue of naira scarcity affects us in ebonyi state the more ,
For us to even buy cryfish now na war , business has been mute, please I need A pos machine

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Yungmil: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nefort:

Stop advertising it. If more people enter programming and saturate it the competition will become stiffer and they might even dislodge you and you eventually become jobless.
This ur mentality is a limitation.

If u can't help others grow please don't stop those who can

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by maasoap(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
lavylilly:
What is your worst experience so far during cash this scarcity?

I came back home with only #500 yesterday . I thought of buying red oil worth #200 to cook. I put the money in my jean pocket and strolled out. It's drizzling but I defied the rain because I was hungry. I got to the petty trader's shop and asked for oil.

The girl was tying up the oil when I put my hand in my pocket only to discover that the money was gone...it probably slipped out of my pocket. I just came back home and drank garri since my debit card wouldn't work

I don't have problem of cash shortage. In fact, I have given up to 200k to people around me and collected digital money (transfer) back from them, ranging from 500 naira to 20k per individual. Everyday thing, free of charge

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Frankaka8(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
I used 13k to buy 10k cash. Old mutilated 200 NOTES money wey agbero and keke napep don gather give their girlfriend who uses POS, she begin bill commuters. Omor I reach house begin ask God why me! It's disheartening

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by teewhydope(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nefort:

Stop advertising it. If more people enter programming and saturate it the competition will become stiffer and they might even dislodge you and you eventually become jobless.

You're either dumb or not into tech. Why would an experienced programmer care about newbies, the tech space is enough to accommodate everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by Nefort: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Yungmil:
This ur mentality is a limitation.

If u can't help others grow please don't stop those who can
How can their be growth when it gets to saturation point?
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by yinkarh187(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lalami3232:

can I dm please?
Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by nkemjacob2(m): 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
It is affecting my business. Most of the guys working for me at the bush reject transfer.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Cash Scarcity Experience by lavylilly: 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
essenjack:
It has negatively affected my business
Which business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Cost Of Establishing A Primary And Secondary School? / If You're Owing A Loan App... What To Do. / Stanley Uzochukwu Opens Ultramodern Luxury Mega Centre, Unveils New Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.