Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,972 members, 7,821,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" (5586 Views)

Jaja Anucha Nwachukwu Called Lagos 'no Man's Land' In 1947. / African American Woman Disgusted And Ashamed Of The Filth Called Lagos Airport / Why I Called Lagos A Village, Rotimi Amechi To Lagos Governors. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by SmartPolician: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:

Where was it said? Any link to prove it?

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/142678-orji-kalu-claims-lagos-property-sealed-after-he-crticised-fashola.html?tztc=1

That incident happened in 2013....that's 10 years ago. It's hard to get such sources.

I think what actually happened was that OUK told Fashola that Lagos doesn't belong to him when he deported some Igbos to Onitsha.

However, Lagos State government twisted it and stated that OUK called Lagos State a no man's land. Fashola would later seal off his house because of the statement.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Difrent: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

This is just propaganda you guys are pushing ...yet nor video or record of both men saying it ?

There may not be videos....that was 1947.
You may not know or pretending but the animosity among igbos and yorubas started that way back.
Apart from Jaja nwachukwu, in the build up to independence people like Geoffrey onyemas father reechoed the Lagos as no mans Land sentiments justifying it with the fact that Lagos albeit Lagos island was FCT but Awo countered them and vehemently opposed the idea insisting Lagos is Yorubaland and should remain yorubaland and part of western region even offering to help build a new FCT but Zik and other igbo leaders opposed him.
That wasnt enough Zik also sought to be western region premier after installing an igboman as eastern region premier....so its beeen Long that igbos have sought to control politial power in yorubaland for whatever reason.....i guess they feel yorubas are docile and since fulanis were able to slice ilorin they could as we slice off some part of yorubaland

3 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
I said Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally because 100% of Nigerian resources developed Lagos and if you dont know that this is fact, means you're not truthful to yourself
tamdun:

Did u just said how many yrs ago?
Are ur people not using it on nairaland and twitter
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
Unfortunately for you, its Igbos that are buying your lands
Ola260:

Sorry Oo
Igbo that is naturally wise.
U just made one of those point no one want to associate with u.
Natural hatred and enmity towards others progress.
Oga we would rather allow Fulani grab land that useless igbo.
Very irritating creatures
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Truthisit: 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
Honestly I need answers ...or is this just another propaganda to Push Igbo hate by our sophisticated brothers
I need name ,quote

The only politician who called Lagos a no man's land is Yoruba governor of Lagos jakonde ...so please answer me
Jaja Wachukwu said so in the 1950s.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
LegendHero:

It was Azikiwe that first used that phrase “Lagos is no man’s land”.
We are still waiting for your source? Are you still looking for it grin?

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Lagos was once the capital city, how can one people own the capital??

Lagos state was NEVER the capital
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
powerhouse3:
My people say, etang eno ndukpo etang eno unen.. meaning as you're cautioning the hawk also caution the hen not to flaunt itself around the hawk...

The Chinese are doing well in tech because while In US they play dumb until the grab and the west can't push them aside now

The Igbo need diplomacy and the need to calm down too....

I read in 48 laws of power how a travellers was complaining about the indigene market and the people swallow him up..

Alots of Yoruba support Obi but utterance Spoil GRV chance ,... lastly Yoruba should show me any Yoruba state that's as developed as Lagos...
Warri could have been more vibrant than Lagos but indigene high headiness and constant bully see the town become now a den of yahoo boys and pos operator...the company are all gone........

What utterances,? By whom? Giving a dog a bad name to hang it

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2023
Truthisit:

Video or recoding or transcript of the meeting he said it

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Difrent:

There may not be videos....that was 1947.
You may not know or pretending but the animosity among igbos and
What meeting exactly ,date

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

You are quoting what someone said about someone ...show us transcript of the meeting where jaja made the statement ...
From Igbo traders with respect to sit at home. The problem is, I don’t think wisdom and respect is taught in Igbo culture. You all talk recklessly and don’t think at all before talking.

https://www.thecable.ng/lagos-traders-shun-Igbos-sit-home-order/amp

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 4:15pm On Mar 19, 2023
Truthisit:

Let's assume Jaja Wachukwu said it in 1950s, why is it an issue today if not for a wicked,destructive propaganda by APC.

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
You keep fighting a lost battle. Lagos is gone.....give it like 40yrs from now
0monnak0da:

Lagos state was NEVER the capital
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by mrvitalis(m): 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

From Igbo traders with respect to sit at home. The problem is, I don’t think wisdom and respect is taught in Igbo culture. You all talk recklessly and don’t think at all before talking.

Who said that ... really what does this prove ...so you don't have a video , recording of a prominent Igbo man , fairly popular saying this ...is always something propagandists can fake ?

2 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

See what I found in your link

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
I said Lagos belongs to all Nigerians equally because 100% of Nigerian resources developed Lagos and if you dont know that this is fact, means you're not truthful to yourself
Lagos state has always contributed more to the centre than it received back
Lagos city too is in the same situation

A s such states Like Ekiti,Anambra,Imo,Zamfara etc have been developed by resources from Lagos state more than Lagos received from them
This fact was established from colonial times
Study this thread and the embedded colonial reports
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by LegendHero(m): 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

We are still waiting for your source? Are you still looking for it grin?

Lol 😂 Wetin concern me with source when it’s public knowledge what I’m saying for people wey sabi history.

I don’t need to proof anything to any Iyanmili. NCNC guys are fond of that Lagos is no man’s land right from time. It’s not a secret.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol 😂 Wetin concern me with source when it’s public knowledge what I’m saying for people wey sabi history.

I don’t need to proof anything to any Iyanmili. NCNC guys are fond of that Lagos is no man’s land right from time. It’s not a secret.

Source please?

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by wingmanIII: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
See how foolish they all look. No one can substantiate that igbos as a group ever declared Lagos a no man's land. These tribalistic APC goons created this propaganda for their selfish goals out of fear after they lost the presidential election in Lagos.
My worry is that majority of educated Yorubas bought into this primitive propaganda. Nigeria is doomed. The future looks bleak

4 Likes

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Jogs1900: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Paramount01(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
GodinDaFlesh:
Lagos was once the capital city, how can one people own the capital??

But calabar was also once a capital
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lagos State has federal government investments for almost a century, ofcourse those investments were made in Lagos much more than other states so expectedly Lagos should contribute more from the investments
0monnak0da:

Lagos state has always contributed more to the centre than it received back
Lagos city too is in the same situation

A s such states Like Ekiti,Anambra,Imo,Zamfara etc have been developed by resources from Lagos state more than Lagos received from them
This fact was established from colonial times
Study this thread and the embedded colonial reports
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2023

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

See what I found in your link

Here is this Igbo clown telling us our indegenship is a hoax. Using very insulting words on Yoruba and Lagos. Yet claiming he has native rights to Lagos. See, don’t let me start posting things because your people have absolutely no control and their mouth is always their downfall

https://jimidisu.com/lagos-and-the-indigeneship-hoax-by-obi-nwakanma/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
That idea helps you retain meaning in your life
I understand your plight
I am more positive
Nigeria ,all of it or most of it will grow and there will be even better and bigger cities/states than Lagos. That is not the best of us
If Rivers State or Akwa Ibom had visionary leadership we won't be having such small minded and mean spirited conversations
Remember Tinubu promised to transform Onitsha to Lagos grin
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 2mch(m): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Source please?
DMerciful:
You ignore these ones?
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Beremx(f): 4:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
Jaja Wachukwu said Lagos is no man's land in what context? APC Yoruba bigots who most of them weren't born in 1947 carry the matter for head and twisted the narrative to push for propaganda against Igbos. Lol

Lateef Jakande, the best Lagos State governor so far said the same thing, Lagos is no man's land. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by DMerciful(m): 4:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
Now you understand what have been saying. When you celebrate most investments coming to Lagos and celebrate Lagos increasing cosmopolitan development, what do you think happens to the traditional preservation of Lagos?

You can't have your cake and eat it!
0monnak0da:

That idea helps you retain meaning in your life
I understand your plight
I am more positive
Nigeria ,all of it or most of it will grow and there will be even better and bigger cities/states than Lagos. That is not the best of us
If Rivers State or Akwa Ibom had visionary leadership we won't be having such small minded and mean spirited conversations
Remember Tinubu promised to transform Onitsha to Lagos grin
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Backpedal: 4:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:
Una don de lie and backpedal? Don’t let me bring all the posts and articles where Igbo’s were caught and interviewed saying this nonsense. It will only make it worse. You all always want to prove a point and very aggressively. Best you drop this, move on with life and hope for the best.

Leave them
Bunch of liars and thieves
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Jogs1900: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
Shokoloko:

Thanks for the first link, As for the 2nd link:

https://drbiggie./2015/04/25/lagos-state-is-no-mans-land-according-to-some-of-my-igbo-brothers-then-who-own-lagos-state-full-article/

It's a lengthy article though .Azikwe too called Lagos a no mans land(Lagos in this context could be Lagos island because there was no Lagos state then and places like Ikorodu, Epe, ikeja were not under Lagos then.
Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by 0monnak0da: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
DMerciful:
Lagos State has federal government investments for almost a century, ofcourse those investments were made in Lagos much more than other states so expectedly Lagos should contribute more from the investments
You just talk like a clown all the time
When did Nigeria become FEDERAL?
Nigeria has not had federal government that long
LIKE I SAID
study this thread

I speak with facts not assumption

Lagos has funded Nigeria not the other way round
Not argument
Open and educate yourself

1 Like

Re: Which Igbo Man Exactly Called Lagos "A No Mam's Land" by Shokoloko(f): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
2mch:

Here is this Igbo clown telling us our indegenship is a hoax. Using very insulting words on Yoruba and Lagos. Yet claiming he has native rights to Lagos. See, don’t let me start posting things because your people have absolutely no control and their mouth is always their downfall

https://jimidisu.com/lagos-and-the-indigeneship-hoax-by-obi-nwakanma/
So I just wasted my time opening a link to a blog. Please refrain from referring me to blogs.
This is a serious claim that people are trying to get to the bottom of. Blogs don't count.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is Your Say About Lagos Roads? / EFCC Arraigns Man Arrested With $7m Cash Today / Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.