Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (38886 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by sageb: 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:

This is actually quite interesting. Ikwerre people will tell Etche people that Etche people are Igbo but that they (Ikwerre) are not. I thiink it's maybe because they feel Etche people and people in Abia and Imo have simiolar dialects.

Ikwerre is different from Etche.
Etche is related to Omuma whereas no relation to Ikwerre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Mpanyi: 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ejjiss:
KEEP QUIET THERE MUGU..... THEY'RE ALL IGBOS, IF YOU DOUBT THEN ASK YOUR ANCESTORS.

Come PH come tell them

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Brownshoe: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=Caleb15 post=123637533][/quote] JJC u never sabi quote
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

When Gowon helped us defeat you people we changed our community names to its original names.
lol i be yoruba not igbo

9 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Jun 07, 2023
sageb:

Ikwerre is different from Etche.
Etche is related to Omuma whereas no relation to Ikwerre.
I never implied that Ikwerre and Etche were the same. They are two Igboid group and while Ikwerre disclaims the Igbo umbrella, it tries to sort of put it on etche when they're almost infact in the same ship.

9 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Nyanabo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
How dare you claim Port Harcourt city is Ikwere?

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ttipsy(f): 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nyanabo:
what is pH City?? Ibo ?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ewedegubbler: 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2023
Amaechi = Ikwerre Igbo
Wike = Ikwerre not Igbo

Otilo ooo

18 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ewedegubbler: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Odi egwu

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by sageb: 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:

I never implied that Ikwerre and Etche were the same. They are two Igboid group and while Ikwerre disclaims the Igbo umbrella, it tries to sort of put it on etche when they're almost infact in the same ship.

Ikwerre is not Igbo, y'all should accept the reality.
If you can't accept it, then go to court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Nyanabo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
what is pH City?? Ibo ?

LOL PH city being Ikwere is the biggest joke of the century. They are only encroaching Port Harcourt claiming it as theirs.

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by sageb: 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nyanabo:

Don't mind their ignorance, they don't know that Port Harcourt is co-owned by Ikwerres and Wakirikes(Okrikas)

10 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 6:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shigishege2:
Are ikwere igbo or not. Help us put this hullabaloo to rest abeg. We wan check something. grin Na supreme Court we dey now. Any ruling here na final.

Ikwerre are not Igbo. They even hate Igbo. In most of Ikwerre communities, they don't rent their houses to Igbo. That's why you can never see an Igbo man shop in any Ikwerre community.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ehmmah588(m): 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

I don't need to read all those things you put up there

All I know is that they originate from the Binis

You are just a kid son

Where did you get this info from?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ttipsy(f): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nyanabo:

LOL PH city being Ikwere is the biggest joke of the century. They are only encroaching Port Harcourt claiming it as theirs.
how do you mean
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Typing: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
ednut1:
lol i be yoruba not igbo

Nobody or group wants to associate themselves with Igbo. Why is it so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Sunnyski: 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ikwerre people are Igbo extract, but the difference between Ikwerre and Igbo man is that: an average Ikwerre man does not want to work but rather stay idle and sell his father's land and drink beer while an Igbo man always want to work and run business.

An average Ikwerre man is very wicked and hates strangers by oppressing them while an Igbo man welcomes strangers and ready to do business with them.

The Ikwerres does not travel that's why they think they are the only landlords in the world πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

In case you think that I am just fabricating this, I live in Eneka, alnog the said Rukpokwu road.
An average Ikwerre man thinks that he's Satan πŸ˜‚

24 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ednut1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

Nobody or group wants to associate themselves with Igbo. Why is it so?
wetin concern me with another man tribe I did nysc in Umuahia, went to PH like 4 times for work and noticed the Rumu vs Umu lol. Abeg o

10 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ehmmah588(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
sageb:

Don't mind their ignorance, they don't know that Port Harcourt is co-owned by Ikwerres and Wakirikes(Okrikas)

Ikwerre are originally slaves....its quite sad to see that the real descendants (okrikas,etc) lost their inheritance to the ikwerres........The ikwerres are affiliated with the igbos but they choose to live in self denial

12 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ehmmah588(m): 6:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
Sunnyski:
Ikwerre people are Igbo extract, but the difference between Ikwerre and Igbo man is that: an average Ikwerre man does not want to work but rather stay idle and sell his father's land and drink beer while an Igbo man always want to work and run business.

An average Ikwerre man is very wicked and hates strangers by oppressing them while an Igbo man welcomes strangers and ready to do business with them.

The Ikwerres does not travel that's why they think they are the only landlords in the world πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

In case you think that I am just fabricating this, I live in Eneka, alnog the said Rukpokwu road.
An average Ikwerre man thinks that he's Satan πŸ˜‚

You're very right

10 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ehmmah588(m): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nyanabo:

Portharcourt belongs to the okrikas...Simple
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Ehmmah588(m): 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
what is pH City?? Ibo ?

Portharcourt belongs to the okrikas not Igbo or their forgotten sons(ikwerres)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by lomprico(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
All I know about them is land, land and more land.

Our land, my papa land.

These na land whey dem don sell collect money chop o!

5 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by HacheNoire: 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mpanyi:

Come PH come tell them

🀣🀣🀣🀣

You are very right!

Back in those, I use to jokingly insult my crew then, 90% Ikwerre’s about them being Igbo, they use to get mad at me but can barely do nothing to me.

One day, we went to Omoku for a festival, they were whispering to my ears that I should repeat that thing I use to say in town 🀣🀣🀣. I forgot about that line throughout the festival.

7 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by lomprico(m): 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

When Gowon helped us defeat you people we changed our community names to its original names.

How do you say 'chiildren of' in ikwerre?
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gajagojo: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Rumu is similar to Omo in Edo or Yoruba

Ogbakor Ikwerre is older than Ohanaeze

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Nyanabo(m): 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
how do you mean

What I mean is that; the original port were the fishing camps and grounds of the Wakirike-Ijaw group, in what is now known as port Harcourt. As the port grew mainly because of the coal and later the transportation of crude from oloibiri. There was need for expansion, place like rebisi, nkopgu, rumuomasi, oroemizgbu, Diobu where assimilated into Port Harcourt city to form greater port Harcourt.

So saying only the ikeweres are owners of port Harcourt is a big misinformation. And should be corrected. It is co-owner by the Ikweres and Wakirikes.

4 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by lomprico(m): 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
larrybabanla:
I learnt ikwere people don't travel 🀷🀷

You want make Dem leave their land for who?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Adeyemi And His 7 Wives Step Out Together (Photo) / Urhobo Wa Doo! Learn/share Urhobo Stuff Here / The Ema Dance Of The Urhobo People (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.