Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People (39319 Views)

Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. / I Want To Find Out About Etche And Ikwerre People In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Shigishege2: 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

Ikwerre are not Igbo. They even hate Igbo. In most of Ikwerre communities, they don't rent their houses to Igbo. That's why you can never see an Igbo man shop in any Ikwerre community.
thank you very much for this detailed explanation
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
ednut1:
Are you guys igbo And why were places name Umu changed to Rumu after the civil war. Rumukoro, Rumuola etc😁
Ikweres are trying to avoid the Igbos because Igbos lost the war hence they lost power and influence . Plus many Ekweres during and after the war wronged the Igbos in a bad way by consfiscating their properties in and around port harcourt.

The Ikweres however (if they like it or not) , are indigenously, geographically, culturally, biological and ethically igbos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

Don't just Ikwerre people just mention any Rivers man that has been caught in crime outside Nigeria.

You are very ignorant and foolish

Grow up. No wonder everyone is making fun of your stupid thread

All these school dropouts

7 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shigishege2:
thank you very much for this detailed explanation
Ikweres are trying to avoid the Igbos because Igbos lost the war hence they lost power and influence . Plus many Ekweres during and after the war wronged the Igbos in a bad way by consfiscating their properties in and around port harcourt.

The Ikweres however (if they like it or not) , are indigenously, geographically, culturally, biological and ethically igbos

3 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
Typing:

Ikwerre are not Igbo. They even hate Igbo. In most of Ikwerre communities, they don't rent their houses to Igbo. That's why you can never see an Igbo man shop in any Ikwerre community.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by biremi(m): 7:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
When they commit a crime you demonize the Igbos because they bear Igbo names , if they are distinct from the Igbos they should also distinguish their names from that of the Igbos

I hate this attitude of some my Igbo brothers trying to tell Ikwerre who they are or who they are not. They say they are not Igbos, at least majority of them say they are not, respect that please. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
HacheNoire:

If you want to get a Ikwerre man angry, call him Igbo

Even when the language are very similar, they will never accept.

I always jokingly use it to step on their toes. They go very wild.

They will tell Etche is Igbo but they are not.

What’s the meaning of etche is Igbo please educate me

However from my research; Ikweres are trying to avoid the Igbos because Igbos lost the war hence they lost power and influence . Plus many Ekweres during and after the war wronged the Igbos in a bad way by consfiscating their properties in and around port harcourt.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2023
Afam4eva:

This is actually quite interesting. Ikwerre people will tell Etche people that Etche people are Igbo but that they (Ikwerre) are not. I thiink it's maybe because they feel Etche people and people in Abia and Imo have simiolar dialects.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by bobestman(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2023
They speak paleo-igbo. 95% of their traditions has root in igbo. They still claim not to be igbo

7 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Mpanyi:

I hate this attitude of some my Igbo brothers trying to tell Ikwerre who they are or who they are not. They say they are not Igbos, at least majority of them say they are not, respect that please.
Respect what? Can u just say it’s not your father that begat you? Well, you can say that but it’s not just the truth.
The denial is political

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by yahoodetector: 7:51pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shigishege2:
Are ikwere igbo or not. Help us put this hullabaloo to rest abeg. We wan check something. grin Na supreme Court we dey now. Any ruling here na final.

Ikwerre are not and never Igbos! They have so many culture and traditions that are abominable in Igboland

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emperormartin:
Ikwerre people should start enlightening the Nigeria public and media between ikwerre and Igbo.

For e.g if an Ikwerre man named Nnadi from pH city is caught in Thailand carrying drugs and incarcerated to prison.

Ikwerre people should come out and tell the media that the man is Ikwerre and not Igbo because the more they close their mouth the whole Nigerians even those in diaspora will call the indicted man Igbo.

I have seen some Ikwerre men indicted with Drug cases in south east Asia and serving prison sentences but in Nigeria hemisphere they're still called Igbos and drug pushers.

Ikwerres should start working on this
Don’t mind them. The denial of their igboness is political

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

You are very stupid and ignorant. Better take your stupidity back to the southwest.

Fool wants to tell us how to behave
On colos dey worry this one...

Abobby your brother op is trying to make distinction between ikwerres and Igbos.

Just help him out and stop being bitter

When you're spewing thrash without saying anything tangible it makes you unintelligible mofo in an a public space.

You've to tell Nigerians plainly the difference between Igbos and ikwerres so that the Nigeria media will not be fostering the group as one.

Is it a hard thing to ask

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

Thanks very much for betraying the Igbos.

You spent money to push a stupid thread that you made over half the comments yourself in 🤣
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
Goodcitizen99:
Tell me sumthing I don't know 😂 na this ones igbos wey dey focused nd hard working dey drag to join Dem as igbos. Be like say na igbos dey like downgrade demselves Sha 😂. Imagine
I dey tell u something..
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by HacheNoire: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
thinkmoney:

What’s the meaning of etche is Igbo please educate me

However from my research; Ikweres are trying to avoid the Igbos because Igbos lost the war hence they lost power and influence . Plus many Ekweres during and after the war wronged the Igbos in a bad way by consfiscating their properties in and around port harcourt.

Etche is a tribe in Rivers State
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Topmaike007(m): 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2023
frostylook:

Can you throw more light on this? I will like to know the details.
not only the Ikwere are the ones sidelining themselves we have the Anioma clans and mind you Ikwere is not a tribe but a Clan under igbo tribe.the aftermath of what happened in Rivers when Adekunle and Gowon run them street during the civil that's when they decided not to allign themselves and that's when oil have been discovered in there land they decided to be on there own..

Then on the part of Anioma that's Asaba, Agbor, Kwale, Oligbo, Ibrode, Ibusa, Gbanke, Igbodo, Igbuku, Illah, Isa-Ogwashi, Iselegu, Isheagu, Isikiti-Ishiagu, Issele-Azagba, Issele-Mkpitime, Issele-Uku, Isumpe, Kwale, Mbiri, Ndemiri, Ndokwa, and Abbi.
They wanted a state then and in 1996 some igbo politicians including Dr Ogbonanya Onu after getting to know that some indigenous igbo speaking clans will get lost into the north central if Anioma state is created outside Delta,then they drop the hope of enlisting Anioma with the likes of Ekiti, Kebbi etc to create Ebonyi state even almost 3-4 local government of igbo speaking clan eventually went with Benue to the north they'reUmuezeokoha, Umuezeoka, Oriuzor, Umuoghara, Amaekka and Amaezekwe all in Ezza communities, Izzi, Ezzamgbo and Effium, but they still save the others and Ebonyi state was created instead of Anioma state and the elders in Anioma were unhappy and some started telling there children that they are not Igbos because they felt betrayed..

That's just the summary

6 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by ericbertrand(m): 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nasty, envious land grabbers whose ancestors tried to reap where they did not sow.

Did I leave anything out?🎩

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Unperturbedpota: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2023
Emperormartin:

On colos dey worry this one...

Abobby your brother op is trying to make distinction between ikwerres and Igbos.

Just help him out and stop being bitter

When you're spewing thrash without saying anything tangible it makes you unintelligible mofo in an a public space.

You've to tell Nigerians plainly the difference between Igbos and ikwerres so that the Nigeria media will not be fostering the group as one.

Is it a hard thing to ask

Don't quote me again. I don't relate with thugs .

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Gamesmart: 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2023
chukkystar:
A dialect in Igbo. Politically became their own Tribe. Same names Igbos bear. It's understandable though cos everyone wants to have their own identity. Ikwere people are very welcoming but them no dey use land matter play ooo 😜

Not true.

Most peoples want to be part of a big tribe that they genuinely qualify for.

There is no advantage being a minority in Nigeria or to lose ones identity & heritage.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by thinkmoney(m): 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
HacheNoire:

Etche is a tribe in Rivers State
Thank u
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2023
chrisxxx:

Don't just Ikwerre people just mention any Rivers man that has been caught in crime outside Nigeria.
We're talking about ikwerre people not rivers people in general...

No be you bring up ikwerre topic

Abeg no involve other Rivers people for here

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by biremi(m): 8:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Umu, Omo, rumu
Think twice
You are funny shaa
Rumu is similar to Omo in Edo or Yoruba

Ogbakor Ikwerre is older than Ohanaeze[/quote]
Re: What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People by Emperormartin(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Don't quote me again. I don't relate with thugs .
You're highly unintelligible

No be you first quote me!!!

I was discussing with the op and you carried your sorry self to my mention

Abeg run along dementia man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hausa Hero And Warrior Queen Amina Of Zaria Full History,life And Legendary Work / Why Do Nigerians Look At White People As Advanced Humans / Why Do Edo People Speak Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.