Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ (36685 Views)

Lagos Arraigns Eze Ndigbo, Frederick Nwajago, For Terrorism / LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect / Lagos Debunks Alleged Anti-igbo Moves By Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by hardbody: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2023
tsdarkside:

MC Oluomo already explained himself on a video....even toghether with the woman he was talkin about....
stop tryin to cause more trouble....

Crap. He explained himself and thereafter mayhem was let loose. I expect you should be smarter than this. Let us not say that bad is good because our loved ones are affected.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by 43Ronin: 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2023
Victoriar:

In all fairness, no tribe should have a king outside it's territory. It just doesn't make any sense
Do you know what freedom of association is? Do you guys even think at all. Just rush to talk cho cho cho and sounding stupid. Oya now buhari should ban all the various clubs president so that he can be the only president in the country. Dey exhibit low IQ online because of tribalism.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by DMerciful(m): 11:24pm On Apr 01, 2023
Who is we? Are you in govt or opposing the govt?
Naijaguy123:
Eze ndi whatever have no place in Yoruba land. Time we scratch it.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Lacash: 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by DMerciful(m): 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2023
Thats not what the press release say, the Op is just mischievous. You mean you read only headlines?
MrBiGGEST:
"For now " grin 🤣
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by zezebabs: 11:31pm On Apr 01, 2023
Victoriar:

In all fairness, no tribe should have a king outside it's territory. It just doesn't make any sense

It is crazy to ideal to have one kind Eze of anything in Yoruba land, they started to feel special !!!!
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Poleski: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
APC and propaganda are like 5&6.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by MrBiGGEST(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
DMerciful:
Thats not what the press release say, the Op is just mischievous. You mean you read only headlines?
was reacting to the "for now"
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Dynamicboss: 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Okay. Atleast for now.

They need to consult Fashola. He knows how to treat their bleeps up, or they can consult Akure youths from Ondo State.

I remember when deji abi na ondo youths flogged the hell out of the proud and fake chieftiancy without mercy. 72 strokes of the cane sent him back to his land without ever returning grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Investorozay: 11:39pm On Apr 01, 2023
Victoriar:

Chai.. may God raise a kind hearted person to assist you dear, and may divine help locate you IJN

Seun new monicker same old format

Create new acs to support a beg and get likes

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by CENI: 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2023
Sometimes I wonder why some Yorubas from other SW states who live in Lagos are afraid of the Igbos more than the real Lagosians, isn't that inferiority. Those of us from other tribes who have real Lagosian friends, know that they are okay with the Igbos.

PLEASE I'm tired of all these Igbo this and Igbo that on this forum. Igbos are good people, don't make them your nightmares.
Whatever Yorubas think they can do to Igbos in Lagos will affect everyone las las. grin grin

Banning the title of Ezeigbo in Lagos from what I gathered from my friends is like a wild goose chase. They say 'igbo ama eze', it won't affect a lowest average Igbo man in Lagos, because those Ezeigbo are not even recognized in the villages they come from.

CAN Yorubas and Igbos give us peace on Nairaland, P=L=E=A=S=E! shocked shocked

Suen should do something about this, though I know longer the thread, more money for you cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2023
GeneralPula:

Eze said he's going to invite 10th most deadliest terrorist group to Lagos and you're here writing Japanese English about insecurity.

We don't have insecurity and we don't tolerate insecurities. Their are many foreigners and foreign investors in Lagos and Igbos can't use their own unfortunate attitude to cause chaos and chase away investors.

Nah like this SE take enter trouble till it became less livable for the Igbos..
Nonesense. SE is less livable in your dreams.
The no of kidnapping going on in Lagos cannot be quantified to Enugu.
Again, why have you not disbanded Fulanis that have invited Boko Haram? In fact Fulanis have even carried out their actions. The latest is Ondo. Keep chasing rats while your house is on fire. Is it not enough arresting the man that said he will invite IPOB. Most of your actions against Igbos are driven by jealousy and insecurity.

If Igbos have a trouble mindset, they would have overran the whole of Yoruba land. Fulanis or Hausas cannot have the number of Igbos in Yoruba land and you will still enjoy peace. Get real and quit hatred. If disbanding Eze Ndi Igbo gives you satisfaction, then go ahead. Nobody gives a hute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by GeneralPula: 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2023
HeartlessMan:
The Ooni of Ife bows to Tinubu
This a typical Yoruba culture..

Even me most times, if you wanna talk to me, I’ll bow to listen... This character made me got in contact with one big French dignitary, a woman. The woman noticed I always bow for her whenever she’s talking, despite that she’s not feeding me when we at same neighborhood..

Nah Sheraton me and the woman Dey cruise anytime she’s around on a lowkey. Nothing sexual o. We just dey ni..

Most Yoruba have this habit. It’s nothing but regard. OONI bows for people in Brazil, despite that they all kneel for him. It doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t reduce him a bit..

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by legitnow: 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2023
WHO CARES WHAT APC CHAPTER IN LAGOS DOES?

WHO CARES?

EZEIGBO DOES NOT MEAN KING OR EVEN TRADITIONAL RULER, IT IS MORE OF A CHAIRMAN OF A COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION. (A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT COME TOGETHER REGULARLY.)

IT IS AN ELECTIVE POST.

THAT IS WHY THE EZEIGBO TITLE IS NUMEROUS, FOR A LITTLE TIME, EVEN SIMON EKPA WAS EZEIGBO IN HIS FINLAND COMMUNITY GROUP, BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE COLLECT IT.

IF THAT THREATENS YOU, THEN PLEASE GO AHEAD AND BAN IT.

IGBO HAVE NO KING.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by goslowgoslow(m): 12:01am On Apr 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
They have no such powers
Indeed!
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by kkonyeji(m): 12:01am On Apr 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Wetin wan happen if Dem abolish am? 🤷‍♂️🤣

Try am
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by goslowgoslow(m): 12:05am On Apr 02, 2023
GeneralPula:
All these Eze, there's something I really don't understand.. Eze of Ajao estate.. How can Ajao estate have Eze and there's no Oba of Ajao estate?

How many Eze con dey Lagos? I know the real Eze Ndigbo of Lagos but all these mini Eze, how their own take be?

They just have to correct this nonsense cuz the nonsense is part of why they're calling Lagos a No Man's Land..
Don't blame them o blame Yoruba people! We are too hospitable yet they call us tribalists.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by goslowgoslow(m): 12:07am On Apr 02, 2023
hardbody:

LAGOS is and shall remain NO Man's Land.

But una dey buy land to build! The people wey sold the land who dem be?
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by tsdarkside(m): 12:11am On Apr 02, 2023
hardbody:

Crap. He explained himself and thereafter mayhem was let loose. I expect you should be smarter than this. Let us not say that bad is good because our loved ones are affected.

how is makin the situation even worser smart....??

lay low dammit....
invitin ipob for protection....how is that even smart....??
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by GeneralPula: 12:21am On Apr 02, 2023
hardbody:

LAGOS is and shall remain NO Man's Land.

You don grow already so there’s no special..

But try not to misinform your kids..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by seunayantokun(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2023
Before recent political developments, I had said one of the traps of insecurity in Nigeria is having a traditional ruler in a land other than where their title originally belongs.

I think, in the interest of peace for everyone, scrapping traditional titles like oba, eze, seriki, etc which are operational outside their traditional domains is a duty that must be carried out. The Fulani terrorists are using the good neighbourliness which has made their hosts tolerate such for their evil end. There are many people of different nationalities from India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Ghana, the Caribbean, etc in UK, for instance, but the only royal figure they all bow down to is the only one at the Buckingham Palace. I lived for a few years in Oyo State and had the opportunity to visit the palace of a Fulani traditional ruler at Ojo in Ibadan. His subjects do not reckon with any Olubadan. Their rankadede is for their seriki. In what section of The Nigerian Constitution is thst written? There are three things that are required to change demographics and history of a place, and traditional rulership is one of them.

The matter has to be dealt with quickly, especially in view of the determination of the Fulani to dislodge others. State government's order isn't the method to use at this level but the task has to be done. A court's pronouncement will be needed among key things to do.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by legitnow: 12:31am On Apr 02, 2023
YORUBA, I WANT TO HERE YOU SAY DIVIDE NIGERIA.

CANT YOU SEE WE ARE TIRED AND EXHAUSTED?

WE ARE TIRED... IF NIGERIA BREAKS TODAY, WE WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH.

THERE IS NOTHING TO MISS ABOUT NIGERIA.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by seunayantokun(m): 12:39am On Apr 02, 2023
legitnow:

IN THE INTEREST OF PEACE LET US SCRAP NIGERIA.

BE A MAN AND STAND ON YOUR OWN.

IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU HAVE OUTGROWN YOUR PARENTS, MOVE OUT OF THEIR HOME.

LAGOS WAS BUILT WITH NIGERIA MONEY FOR NIGERIANS.

IT WAS NEVER A TRIBAL ENCLAVE AND THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE IBADAN.

IF YOU FEEL, NIGERIANS HAVE INVESTED HEAVILY ENOUGH AND NOW YOU WANT IT ALL FOR YOURSELF, DIVIDE THE COUNTRY.

My prayer is to see Nigeria scrapped quickly. If you believe you have to hold on to 'your dear Lagos', good luck to you. But you're only promoting ethnic crisis rather than a realistic kind of peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oyo 2019: Alao Akala Locks Out Seyi Makinde From His Radio Station / Naira-Throwing Fraud Suspects Arrested In Benin / Oyebanji Presents Operational Vehicles, Gadgets To Ekiti Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.