Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ (36689 Views)

Lagos Arraigns Eze Ndigbo, Frederick Nwajago, For Terrorism / LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect / Lagos Debunks Alleged Anti-igbo Moves By Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:23am On Apr 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
I really don't know why some Yorubas have a deep sense of insecurity around Igbos.

I have lived in many locations in Nigeria as an Igbo man. Not a day have I been introduced to any Eze Ndi Igbo or whatever. I see this as just a mere title of no great importance. If you mess with me, I take you to the police or sue you to court. Igbos have never started stupid fights wherever they do business. Why always afraid of them? Is this a complex issue?

Time to stop all these nonesense is now. I understand Igbos have intimidating character which has helped their business exploits but they are largely a non troublesome tribe. How can people continue to nurse this fear of Igbos taking over their lands? Are you not the ones selling lands to Igbos? Eze Ndi Igbo or whatever you call it does not help or distract Igbos adventures. So you are chasing a goose chase.
The Eze of nonsense said he was going invite Ipob terrorists to Lagos. Imagine one notable northern person in Lagos begins to talk about bringing in boko haram terrorists to Lagos.
Why are you ibos always emotional?
And who you that you expect to be introduced to an Eze Ndigbo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Princedapace(m): 5:34am On Apr 02, 2023
They actually have this same title for the fulanis and no one talks about it.

I honestly don't know why Nigerians keep living together when they can actually go their seperate ways.
The hatred between igbos and yorubas is mindblowing.
In a country with poor health care system where u and I reading this comment may die if we have health emergency that needs urgent attention, na title wey no get political power we dey fight for. The fo*lishness of most black race is crazy.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by CoolAmbience(m): 5:39am On Apr 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
They have no such powers

See this one o.

The Lagos State Government does have such powers, within their territory.

Na very simple thing to do sef. Just a piece of smart legislation.

This is not the same as denying Ndigbo freedom of having tribe based associations, but now traditional stools in Lagos.

Even as an Igbo man, I am very happy that this is happening. And you will see that many other states will follow suit to check certain excesses and influences by non indigenes within their territories, especially when it comes to installing leaderships within their domains.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Tzar(m): 5:59am On Apr 02, 2023
These our politicians should MAN UP & do the needful to curb the excesses of that potopoto tribe.
They MUST respect us in our land or return to their BARREN land! It’s not by force to live in Lagos or any SW state, if you cannot be civil and sensible with your hosts.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by IfnobeGod20: 6:06am On Apr 02, 2023
CoolAmbience:

See this one o.

The Lagos State Government does have such powers, within their territory.

Na very simple thing to do sef. Just a piece of smart legislation.

This is not the same as denying Ndigbo freedom of having tribe based associations, but now traditional stools in Lagos.

Even as an Igbo man, I am very happy that this is happening. And you will see that many other states will follow suit to check certain excesses and influences by non indigenes within their territories, especially when it comes to installing leaderships within their domains.

All this advertisement of I am Igbo I am Igbo does not reflect any Igbo in you. There's no need selling your people and at the same time advertising to the world that you're the Judah among the Igbo.
If you can take pleasure to support injustice to your people as a result of your political leaning, then, it just shows your level of thinking and how far you've sold your soul to politician. The Eze has not done anything beyond his constitutional right of defence. The grounds to which he said what he said will form part of his defence.
Firstly, it was the same Lagos that his people were told not to exercise their franchise, chased, beaten, maimed and some killed just because of their political inclination in variance to the ruling party. Those that committed that constitutional breach what did the government do to them? Nothing.
Secondly, the Igbo business has been a target even before the election. Billions have been lost to destruction of their livelihood with incessant demolition and burning of their shops. What has been done in that regard? Nothing.
No single person has been arrested for the selective target on a group of people. In essence, the law permits individuals, cooperate bodies and the likes to defend themselves in such circumstance.
He Frankly said it that the Igbo would have their own security to defend themselves. It is within his right to defend himself or his people. This was the same thing that Jeremiah Oseni said in Taraba state few years ago. Some were saying he should not have said so but many lawyers opined that what he said base on the situation, he is within his right. Right to self defence is constitutionally guaranteed because the government apparatus is playing double standard and the lives and property of his people is no more guaranteed.
Let us continue supporting injustice thinking it would bring bread and butter to our tables but in essence it would be a time bomb. You cannot continue to protect one and flex muscle to other.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Oniecan: 6:18am On Apr 02, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Wetin wan happen if Dem abolish am? 🤷‍♂️🤣
let it be abolished
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by yommen: 6:20am On Apr 02, 2023
Guyman01:
Chai and Urchinsons fell yakata for the April fool because of the hatred for Igbos that fill their hearts grin grin grin

It's not about hatred for Igbos. Igbos need to caution themselves and tell themselves the truth. It doesn't make sense at all to open your mouth wide and say you are bringing IPOB down to Lagos. See, this is the problems Ibos don't know they need to tackle: the problem of talking anyhow. Yorubas can't even boast of taking amotekun down to another region not to talk of IPOB, 'a terrorist group'. He didn't even mention ESN, he mentioned I.P.O.B. There is no sense in it. Now you are crying they hate you but you wouldn't consider the possible consequences of what your Eze has said. Y'all need to talk to yourselves first and respect other people's existence. No be only you get mouth to talk.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by zoedew: 6:22am On Apr 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
They have no such powers
You have started again! Under the Lagis State Chiefs Law is there a provision for Eze Ndigbo?!
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Naijaguy123: 6:22am On Apr 02, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:

You lied. Eze Ndi Igbo has come to stay.
What time again are you waiting to scratch it? Is it when you die?

There’s no chance you will make it till the end of this year. If accident didn’t kill you when you’re looking for daily bread, you will have cancer this year and eventually die before December 31 this I see.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by zoedew: 6:23am On Apr 02, 2023
yommen:

It's not about hatred for Igbos. Igbos need to caution themselves and tell themselves the truth. It doesn't make sense at all to open your mouth wide and say you are bringing IPOB down to Lagos. See, this is the problems Ibos don't know they need to tackle: the problem of talking anyhow. Yorubas can't even boast of taking amotekun down to another region not to talk of IPOB, 'a terrorist group'. He didn't even mention ESN, he mentioned I.P.O.B. There is no sense in it. Now you are crying they hate you but you wouldn't consider the possible consequences of what your Eze has said. Y'all need to talk to yourselves first and respect other people's existence. No be only you get mouth to talk.
“I will be the first to concede that the Igbo as a group is not without its flaws. Its success can and did carry deadly penalties: the dangers of hubris, overweening pride, and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or, even worse, than can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness. There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.” - Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2023
GeneralPula:

Igbos people of Nigeria have always has this evil mindset towards the Yoruba right from their fore-fathers era. This was why Ojukwu intentionally attacked Lagos! They've always envy, jealous and pained that things occurs in the west compare to the East. But Igbos people of Nigeria are no match to Yoruba when it comes to trouble. They can only make noise, but believe me, Igbos would never wanna chop death regardless of their chest beating..

Go and ask what Benjamin Adekunle did to Ojukwu and his Biafra soldier's. He rendered them useless and when Ojukwu saw that the only thing left is death, he fled like a bush rat..

The whole of Igbos can’t overrun Oyo state, not to talk of whole Yoruba land.. Igbos? Overrun Yoruba land? Lol the things you people say eh, if I decide to respond to all, it can only bring up chaos..

Well, whatever satisfies your curiosity. My point is that you guys should quit getting afraid over unfounded fears.
Ojukwu attacked Lagos strategically because Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and has access to sea. It has practically nothing to do with being a Yoruba land. Go and read books about wars. If Igbos have evil mindset towards Yorubas, they will be constituting troubles everyday in Yoruba land with their population in Yoruba land.

I don't know why you guys have unnecessarily become so emotional and insecure of late. Like I said, if baning Eze Ndi Igbo will be all that will make you feel secure, go on and do it. Your constant nagging against Igbos is becoming so childish. Even the north has shown a greater deal of maturity on this.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by HenryWilliams(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

All this advertisement of I am Igbo I am Igbo does not reflect any Igbo in you. There's no need selling your people and at the same time advertising to the world that you're the Judah among the Igbo.
If you can take pleasure to support injustice to your people as a result of your political leaning, then, it just shows your level of thinking and how far you've sold your soul to politician. The Eze has not done anything beyond his constitutional right of defence. The grounds to which he said what he said will form part of his defence.
Firstly, it was the same Lagos that his people were told not to exercise their franchise, chased, beaten, maimed and some killed just because of their political inclination in variance to the ruling party. Those that committed that constitutional breach what did the government do to them? Nothing.
Secondary, the Igbo business has been a target even before the election. Billions have been lost to destruction of their livelihood with incessant demolition and burning of their shops. What has been done in that regard? Nothing.
No single person has been arrested for the selective target on a group of people. In essence, the law permits individuals, cooperate bodies and the likes to defend themselves in such circumstance.
He Frankly said it that the Igbo would have their own security to defend themselves. It is within his right to defend himself or his people. This was the same thing that Jeremiah Oseni said in Taraba state few years ago. Some were saying he should not have said so but many lawyers opined that what he said base on the situation, he is within his right. Right to self defence is constitutionally guaranteed because the government apparatus is playing double standard and the lives and property of his people is no more guaranteed.
Let us continue supporting injustice thinking it would bring bread and butter to our tables but in essence it would be a time bomb. You cannot continue to protect one and flex muscle to other.

The man was wrong in all accounts.
Inviting a proscribed group.. a terrorist organization on the 10 most deadliest list isn't something to gloat over
If Igbos were actually denied their right to vote in Lagos (which was wonderful) they should head to court. Stop blabbing that Yoruba stopped y'all from voting. The 300k votes your lackry got.. it fell from the sky abi?
The right to defend your life and properly is al well and good. No one will stop u from doing that within the ambit of the law but bringing over known murderers (of Igbo people no less) to Lagos is simply unacceptable.
The police is charged with that responsibility.
Go and complain to them.
Just so you know.. bringing IPOB/ESN here will be the death knell for igbos in Lagos. This is no joke . At a time with anti-igbo sentiment is high across SW.. it will just be like lit match to gunpowder keg .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by juman(m): 6:42am On Apr 02, 2023
If they misbehave, they would be flogged.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:43am On Apr 02, 2023
goslowgoslow:

Which intimidating character does Igbos have?... Lol! 😂😂😂😂 Intimidating character of producing fake good! 😜😜
The way you guys nag and cry over social media due to any statement from an Igbo man is becoming so childish, so emotional and so insecure.
From one man saying Lagos is a no man's land to Iwuanyanwu statement. Then the Eze Ndi Igbo statement. What kind of emotional character is this. The north has shown more emotional stability.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by mrkia(m): 6:49am On Apr 02, 2023
I will rather believe the 'April Fool's message' here
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by tunde1200(m): 6:51am On Apr 02, 2023
Best reply of the year 2023 thanks bro 😜

GeneralPula:

Igbos people of Nigeria have always has this evil mindset towards the Yoruba right from their fore-fathers era. This was why Ojukwu intentionally attacked Lagos! They've always envy, jealous and pained that things occurs in the west compare to the East. But Igbos people of Nigeria are no match to Yoruba when it comes to trouble. They can only make noise, but believe me, Igbos would never wanna chop death regardless of their chest beating..

Go and ask what Benjamin Adekunle did to Ojukwu and his Biafra soldier's. He rendered them useless and when Ojukwu saw that the only thing left is death, he fled like a bush rat..

The whole of Igbos can’t overrun Oyo state, not to talk of whole Yoruba land.. Igbos? Overrun Yoruba land? Lol the things you people say eh, if I decide to respond to all, it can only bring up chaos..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Sunnyski: 6:59am On Apr 02, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Eze ndi whatever have no place in Yoruba land. Time we scratch it.

But your Fulani lords have a place in your land to the point of even ruling you and subject you to slaves, and yet you still have mouth to talk. 😂 😂 😂
Such thing can't happen in Igbo land nor in the north talk more of SS.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by hardbody: 7:04am On Apr 02, 2023
quickly:

Why u ashamed of where u come from.

If dem start to slap una for street now for this statement. You go dey write epistle and cry to UN.

Go research into Ife vs Modakeke wey happen for osun state.

Dem go dey mark which house be modakeke which be iced and guess what dem demolish am send the owner comot.

all C of O is at the pleasure of state government and can be revoked at any time

Funny. Demolish my property? There are things some people won't dare.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by sparko1(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Well, whatever satisfies your curiosity. My point is that you guys should quit getting afraid over unfounded fears.
Ojukwu attacked Lagos strategically because Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and has access to sea. It has practically nothing to do with being a Yoruba land. Go and read books about wars. If Igbos have evil mindset towards Yorubas, they will be constituting troubles everyday in Yoruba land with their population in Yoruba land.

I don't know why you guys have unnecessarily become so emotional and insecure of late. Like I said, if baning Eze Ndi Igbo will be all that will make you feel secure, go on and do it. Your constant nagging against Igbos is becoming so childish. Even the north has shown a greater deal of maturity on this.

It's the Eze that brought about this discussion, he could have said it in his small Palace but he had to record and share so it can go viral.

It's not nagging if they are reacting to a viral comment, as far as I am concerned, it looks like this Eze just want to be popular, they are bored and want their name in the press, now that he has been arrested, his boosting will stop, the other Eze will begin to beg LSG to release him, if they don't release him, you will call it hatred.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by tabaralph: 7:05am On Apr 02, 2023
Faith has been a beggar since I joined this platform few years ago…one person different monikers;spit
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Elvis2kay: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2023
Armaggedon:
They have no such powers
Who told you tha
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by dominic17: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2023
But you have Oba of Yoruba in other tribes including Igbo land very selfish and greedy tribe
Naijaguy123:
Eze ndi whatever have no place in Yoruba land. Time we scratch it.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by ORIAYO70(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2023
vicdom:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/breaking-lagos-debunks-abolishing-all-eze-ndigbo-titles-for-now/

That April fool is truth, show us how many Obas r in the yeast... Go do eze indigo in yeast... Una just start sebi na ur papa get Lagos wait n let's see.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by ORIAYO70(m): 7:14am On Apr 02, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
"For now " grin 🤣

That phrase shows that it's good as abolished..

Or if not abolished it will soon.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2023
sparko1:

It's the Eze that brought about this discussion, he could have said it in his small Palace but he had to record and share so it can go viral.

It's not nagging if they are reacting to a viral comment, as far as I am concerned, it looks like this Eze just want to be popular, they are bored and want their name in the press, now that he has been arrested, his boosting will stop, the other Eze will begin to beg LSG to release him, if they don't release him, you will call it hatred.
Nobody cares about the Eze Ndi Igbo arrest. That is always the right thing to do. The arrest should be extended to MC OLUOMO, FFK and others making similar statements.

My issue is with you guys getting emotional over every Igbo man statement. It's becoming too emotional, so childish and very uneducational. These days your voting is tilted towards anything anti Igbo, it doesn't matter if the candidate will work for you or not. How long will you get over such remote controlling. It's always Igbo this Igbo that. Grow up man
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by dominic17: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2023
See swappy and dirty tribe talking trash as usual,the worse that can happen is to divide let every tribe go their way which is what Igbos want. if we can't divide go hell your politicians will do no shit
Tzar:
These our politicians should MAN UP & do the needful to curb the excesses of that potopoto tribe.
They MUST respect us in our land or return to their BARREN land! It’s not by force to live in Lagos or any SW state, if you cannot be civil and sensible with your hosts.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by hardbody: 7:16am On Apr 02, 2023
goslowgoslow:

But una dey buy land to build! The people wey sold the land who dem be?

Caretakers. Under the Land Use Act all land is vested in the state governor. Do you see us getting CofO from the Obas and Baales? We secure title from the state as represented by the governor who himself may not even be a Lagosian but at best from the West. Do you even understand what I wrote there?
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by sparko1(m): 7:23am On Apr 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Nobody cares about the Eze Ndi Igbo arrest. That is always the right thing to do. The arrest should be extended to MC OLUOMO, FFK and others making similar statements.

My issue is with you guys getting emotional over every Igbo man statement. It's becoming too emotional, so childish and very uneducational. These days your voting is tilted towards anything anti Igbo, it doesn't matter if the candidate will work for you or not. How long will you get over such remote controlling. It's always Igbo this Igbo that. Grow up man

Young man, you are the one getting emotional, you are just crying wolf for nothing, people are trying to get, people want me dead, yet you go to work and return everyday, election is over, leave the propaganda.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by goslowgoslow(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

The way you guys nag and cry over social media due to any statement from an Igbo man is becoming so childish, so emotional and so insecure.
From one man saying Lagos is a no man's land to Iwuanyanwu statement. Then the Eze Ndi Igbo statement. What kind of emotional character is this. The north has shown more emotional stability.
If you have common sense you will not be making reference to that statement from your fat pig called Iwuayanwu calling a whole tribe rascals. And your stewpid Eze Ndigbo saying he will bring terrorists to Lagos... You don't even know what is called emotional stability you just pick a phrase and use it! If we don't have emotional stability then you don't have mental stability if not you won't be referencing characters like that.
Go to North and try a little of the rubbish you all try on Yoruba land on Hausa land, you will know how unstable they are.
What a childish and senseless comment!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Guts Mimiko’s Office As Modu Sheriff Visits Ondo (Photos) / Joseph Yobo Mocks Buhari In A New Article: Between GEJ And GMB, Who Is Fitter? / Adorable Photo Of Patience Jonathan Singing Melodiously In Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.