Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ (36687 Views)

Lagos Arraigns Eze Ndigbo, Frederick Nwajago, For Terrorism / LASG Abolishes All Eze Ndigbo Titles In The State With Immediate Effect / Lagos Debunks Alleged Anti-igbo Moves By Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Phoen1X: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is the Obas and the LGAs that will effect it for now wink
Nobody can stop (igbos) from congregating anywhere,..nor stop us from electing whomever WE choose to lead us under any title.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by quickly: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

All this advertisement of I am Igbo I am Igbo does not reflect any Igbo in you. There's no need selling your people and at the same time advertising to the world that you're the Judah among the Igbo.
If you can take pleasure to support injustice to your people as a result of your political leaning, then, it just shows your level of thinking and how far you've sold your soul to politician. The Eze has not done anything beyond his constitutional right of defence. The grounds to which he said what he said will form part of his defence.
Firstly, it was the same Lagos that his people were told not to exercise their franchise, chased, beaten, maimed and some killed just because of their political inclination in variance to the ruling party. Those that committed that constitutional breach what did the government do to them? Nothing.
Secondly, the Igbo business has been a target even before the election. Billions have been lost to destruction of their livelihood with incessant demolition and burning of their shops. What has been done in that regard? Nothing.
No single person has been arrested for the selective target on a group of people. In essence, the law permits individuals, cooperate bodies and the likes to defend themselves in such circumstance.
He Frankly said it that the Igbo would have their own security to defend themselves. It is within his right to defend himself or his people. This was the same thing that Jeremiah Oseni said in Taraba state few years ago. Some were saying he should not have said so but many lawyers opined that what he said base on the situation, he is within his right. Right to self defence is constitutionally guaranteed because the government apparatus is playing double standard and the lives and property of his people is no more guaranteed.
Let us continue supporting injustice thinking it would bring bread and butter to our tables but in essence it would be a time bomb. You cannot continue to protect one and flex muscle to other.

That area has a king Osolo of Isolo , U know the LGA is Oshodi Isolo/ on the border of that and Mafoluku.

That Ndigbo group is a socio cultural club and for dubious and mischevious reason they call there leadeer EzeNdigbo.

Unless socio cultural clubs are recognized by the state i dont see how.

Just like a Hausa leader saying they want to bring Boko Haram into Lagos. Make Lagos state just dey look abi?
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by zoedew: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2023
GeneralPula:
All these Eze, there's something I really don't understand.. Eze of Ajao estate.. How can Ajao estate have Eze and there's no Oba of Ajao estate?

How many Eze con dey Lagos? I know the real Eze Ndigbo of Lagos but all these mini Eze, how their own take be?

They just have to correct this nonsense cuz the nonsense is part of why they're calling Lagos a No Man's Land..
When a traditional title is not rooted in history it soon becomes history! The Eze title has no statutory or traditional history in the South-West and it is of doubtful authenticity even in the South-East where the Igbo are known to be largely republican and not monarchical! Even in the South-East the Colonially inducted “Warrant Chiefs” now self-styled Eze, respect themselves and advisedly do not throw their weight around else they get rubbished by a richer YOUNG MAN! Among the Igbo money speaks! They thought (and largely still do) that obtains elsewhere as well until the North taught them the lesson of their lives that led to the civil war. It would appear the lesson is lost on the Igbo. A people who neglect history are bound to have a repeat of history so they can be reminded that folly heralds a fall! Chinua Achebe, himself Igbo was spot -on about the Igbo when he famously said-
“I will be the first to concede that the Igbo as a group is not without its flaws. Its success can and did carry deadly penalties: the dangers of hubris, overweening pride, and thoughtlessness, which invite envy and hatred or, even worse, than can obsess the mind with material success and dispose it to all kinds of crude showiness. There is no doubt at all that there is a strand in contemporary Igbo behavior that can offend by its noisy exhibitionism and disregard for humility and quietness.” A word, they say, is enough for the wise!🤔🧐

1 Like

Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by bdon123(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
accordadoga26:
For now

It must happen later.

We are tired of people constituting nuisance in Lagos.

They won't take half of what they dish out in Lagos from any foreigner in their potopoto region.

Dùndú won ti lo ń l'áta jù báàyí
one day this tribalistic fckers will tink abolishing clean water for igbos to drink in Lagos is under their purview.I dey laugh here becos una don start wetin go consume all of us...probably me included.Attacking Igbo Lagosians during elections was a bad move,it has bred a very high level of hate n resentment that wont heal anytime soon.We pray to God this doesnt spiral out of control
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by bdon123(m): 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
quickly:

That area has a king Osolo of Isolo , U know the LGA is Oshodi Isolo/ on the border of that and Mafoluku.

That Ndigbo group is a socio cultural club and for dubious and mischevious reason they call there leadeer EzeNdigbo.

Unless socio cultural clubs are recognized by the state i dont see how.

Just like a Hausa leader saying they want to bring Boko Haram into Lagos. Make Lagos state just dey look abi?
Did u attack dem or not?I pray this doesnt go out of control becos at d end....peace is always beta that war n violence.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by luluman: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
Naijaguy123:
Eze ndi whatever have no place in Yoruba land. Time we scratch it.
They failed to reason straight: not knowing that tactically & gradually all those titles go fade for yoruba land.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by luluman: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
Odin13:
Some folks are really having sleepless nights over igbo matters ..

That’s crazy..

And yet they brag and chest beat on how heavens wil fall on igbos and other Nigerians in Lagos ..

Very careless and stupid.
Same way igbos have sleepless months & counting for not having power over lagos' governance.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by luluman: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2023
accordadoga26:
For now

It must happen later.

We are tired of people constituting nuisance in Lagos.

They won't take half of what they dish out in Lagos from any foreigner in their potopoto region.

Dùndú won ti lo ń l'áta jù báàyí
I concur
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by Odin13: 4:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
luluman:
Same way igbos have sleepless months & counting for not having power over lagos' governance.

Soon they will grab Lagos

Na time

Mark it ans be ready to fight when the time comes

That’s all
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by luluman: 4:57pm On Apr 02, 2023
Odin13:

Soon they will grab Lagos

Na time

Mark it ans be ready to fight when the time comes

That’s all
Ok. Console yourself. I know its painful to lose when you had the highest opportunity.
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by quickly: 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2023
bdon123:

Did u attack dem or not?I pray this doesnt go out of control becos at d end....peace is always beta that war n violence.

wat r u saying?

All these igbo traders don dey constitute nuisance for Lagos.

If una no like am una fit go trade for Onitisha or Aba.

Una wahala and entitlement is too much
Re: Lagos Debunks Abolishing All Eze Ndigbo Titles ‘for Now’ by bdon123(m): 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2023
quickly:

wat r u saying?

All these igbo traders don dey constitute nuisance for Lagos.

If una no like am una fit go trade for Onitisha or Aba.

Una wahala and entitlement is too much
una who...are u that ignorant to tink that anybody against d violence on igbos in lagos is igbo?
U guys went physically tribalistic n that is very bad as it has emboldened every other tribe .MC oluomo,Fani kayode ,Onanuga should all be chilling in dss cell for incitement of violence during election

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Enjoying Holiday With His Family (photos) / Wike Asks Court To Declare Him PDP Presidential Candidate / Pastor Tunde Bakare Collapses During A Lecture In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.