Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51572 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by mysteriousD: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
No one is yet to highlight a sentence where chimamanda lied uptill now.The truth is bitter for cornfused pple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by francotunsco: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
dahmie2013:
This lady should better stick to her craft of writing books. So she expects Biden to annul the elections based on how influential she thinks she is. Please let her go & sleep & wallow in her loss.

I lost my respect for her when she turned down the award the same country she is trying to defend gave her & went to collect one chieftancy title from her people living in the same country. She is a Tribal bigot & has no capacity to speak on behalf of Nigeria, she can speak on behalf of beerfraud.

I cant agree with you less. She made a strong statement about her in-alienation with Nigeria by that inglorious rejection of Nigeria's national honour. She shamelessly revealed that she was and is not honorably qualified for the honour!

She therefore has no moral right to pontificate for Nigeria or run to US for help to achieve her aim. She lost the respect of a great percentage of her follower-ship and admirers or respecters.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by dannykares: 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 2

If you feel you are in a safe sanctuary in the USA and can throw or dart some dangerous goblin on Nigeria to breed hate, division, anarchy with fatal and cataclysmic consequences, remember, your people will also be affected too.

That election defied many odds. Many governors lost their states to the opposition. Even the President-elect lost his firm grip on Lagos. Mr Buhari lost his Katsina base while El Rufai's political wizardry could not win him Kaduna, yet you are busy pooh-poohing and sacrilegiously puncturing and discrediting the whole process as a sham or charade! How dare you! That election may not have been the best but in few places where there was violence, the people stood solidly to exercise their franchise. Did you have an inkling of what transpired in Obi's immediate enclave in the east? Many APC apologists were either killed or prevented from voting. Were you cerebrally on sabbatical break when the election that produced President Biden plunged America into a never-seen-before orgy of violence with fatalities recorded? With a whiff of hindsight, was the election annulled on that premise? Ironically, it is the product of that election that you are obsequiously kowtowing and genuflecting for with the sole aim of consigning Nigeria into a pariah state again.

Where Obi won in his precincts with some APC voters disenfranchised and some paid the supreme sacrifice, you never rationalized it as a heinous crime but in other places where he lost glaringly, you wanted the whole exercise cancelled. This is nothing but sheer ambivalence. Late Prof ( Eze) Chukwuemeka Ike wrote that only a foolish fly follows the dead into the grave. The ealier you extricate yourself from those inanities, jejune irrationalities and incongruous permutations and come to reality, the better for you.

No amount of writing will reverse the collective will of the people. As a fellow who wrote the account of the civil war that claimed millions of lives, built valleys on their cheeks, made them pot-bellied and a caricature of anything human, you should know better that writing effusively to cause chaos is a height of unpatriotism. If in the events you cause another civil unrest, it would be too late to plead self-exculpation and self-abnegation your ill-thought out writings would have caused. Obi lost that election glaringly and there is no way you can dress a vassal---festooning his ambience, adorning him with costly ornaments and apparel--- through malcontent depositions, he will remain a vassal and never a prince.

Dr Dele Afelumo is a practising physician.

https://twitter.com/KemPatriot/status/1644326256714850304?t=FijjSyiqPima0IQN9Lt0Ag&s=19

I knew very well Yoruba people will take this open letter seriously by responding , when Mc oluomo threat igbo none of them came out to speak out now chimamada has waken a lot up.
I spell trabialism all bcuz of 2023 election Nigeria should ready if not taken war will take place

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by nedekid: 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2023
helinues:
How old is Adichie? Can't you people just leave her as she is ignorant about reality of things?

Stop
Who is more ignorant between someone of her caliber and you?

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by BackFromBalablu: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
Entanglement:
na who carry preek dey follow naija women go dey fear weti you just post grin grin

no vex i forget say no be kpekus you dey chop grin ,bt whatever u dey knack small boys dey knack am kpakorokpa back to back the entanglement too much smiley
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by brutal1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
Let me share you the link.

https://twitter.com/msmocrown/status/1643613903732064262?s=46

You must learn today

Na now I know why his voice be like 🐸 …you can’t be swallowing and be your voice to normal

He won’t hold any political office again in this country, in Biafra pls vote him as your lord and personal saviour

sapele914:
When did Mazi Nnamdi Kanu call Peter Obi a down low man?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Putinofrussia: 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border
lol
Olodo ipob.Shey twitter get border?cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by nedekid: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
blowjohn:
Omo!

This guy English no be here o.

Be like the guy study medicine + English language
I can bet say na alake write am come de claim say na one dokita.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gbogbowa: 10:31pm On Apr 07, 2023
utenwuson:
Apt...
Someone that rejected a national honor, came to her underdeveloped state in that same nation to have a chieftain title, now she's so interested in who becomes the president of the nation that tried to honor her and she rejected, simply because a "yes Daddy, tribal and religious bigot of an igbo man is contesting... do I blame her? Nooo....what will she do wigh your national honour that you also gave to buma boy that have a murder case hang on him. Pls tell your DR to wriye the US

She should write to macron of France and putin of Russia then to Kim of North Korea, no one will blink an eyelid, unfortunately, Tinubu that all the Easterners hate and abuse so much will be president till 2031..

If you want retrogresion in your life, just hate on who God has bless, from two term governor, to Senator to party leader to president.....
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by nedekid: 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
Doctor weh de blow grammer, but we no know am.
Alake don become doctor? grin

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Codes151(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2023
All these write up from Yorubas reeks of tribalism.
It's simple!!!
Inec should come out and prove the results.
Or we all shut it and let the courts act.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nice...
Chimamanda the ugly bitter feminist should rest abeggg

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by blowjohn(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
nedekid:

I can bet say na alake write am come de claim say na one dokita.

For where!
No underage doctors o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by farmboyy: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
An EdiAt the wicked and antichrist world is using to destroy the world and humanity through gay and abortion is hell bent to destroy her root. God willing your evil against our father land will not work chimamanda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gabriel004: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2023
Boldkrammy:

Which grammar? He was trying hard to measure up to the poetic and oratoric power of chimamanda, alas! He made a whole fool of himself with his outlandish jargon!
Quiet, he wrote all that despite not being a writer.

Can Adichie breathe where this man practise his own profession?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by blowjohn(m): 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
BackFromBalablu:

when no be recite dem wan use em letter do for school grin baba rest i give am 2 weeks, 2 weeks sef too much bt make em manage smiley

This letter no need up to 3 days sef.
The damage has been done.

Chimmamanda no fit reply this kind letter.
Nothing wey she fit talk again

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by SeeItSayIt: 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
utenwuson:
Apt...
Someone that rejected a national honor, came to her underdeveloped state in that same nation to have a chieftain title, now she's so interested in who becomes the president of the nation that tried to honor her and she rejected, simply because a "yes Daddy, tribal and religious bigot of an igbo man is contesting... do I blame her? Nooo....

She should write to macron of France and putin of Russia then to Kim of North Korea, no one will blink an eyelid, unfortunately, Tinubu that all the Easterners hate and abuse so much will be president till 2031..

If you want retrogresion in your life, just hate on who God has bless, from two term governor, to Senator to party leader to president.....

Did you read through the poor writeup 1&2 before typing 'apt' or you don't know the meaning of the word 'apt'?

Everything the writer put up there are glorious rubbish.

You mustn't comment on everything, okay....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Saga16: 10:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Halo22:
It still baffles me how some people, even intellectuals are defending this sham of election that brought Tinubu into play. This is a real proof of their tribal jingoism, but God go shame them.

Sometimes I'm amazed.

Do you guys actually believe Obi won?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Abagworo(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
Obviously Tinubu has already failed even before hus swearing in. His strategy of using blackmail against Igbo as his defense proves he is a racist that cannot handle a diverse nation like Nigeria. Adichie never used ethnicity as a point.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Entanglement: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
BackFromBalablu:

no vex i forget say no be kpekus you dey chop grin ,bt whatever u dey knack small boys dey knack am kpakorokpa back to back the entanglement too much smiley
kpekus get level shall!
Me no dey follow kpekus were mechanics dey use take learn how to repair car grin

My people say! "Toto were no dey wear pant na him dangerous pass"
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by blowjohn(m): 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2023
SeeItSayIt:

Did you read through the poor writeup 1&2 before typing 'apt' or you don't know the meaning of the 'apt'?

Everything the writer put up there are glorious rubbish.

You mustn't comment on everything, okay....

That means the one chimmamanda wrote is gutter nonsense.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by blowjohn(m): 10:38pm On Apr 07, 2023
Abagworo:
Obviously Tinubu has already failed even before hus swearing in. His strategy of using blackmail against Igbo as his defense proves he is a racist that cannot handle a diverse nation like Nigeria. Adichie never used ethnicity as a point.

Where
Has she been all these years Nigeria has been having elections?
Ofcos its becos obi was In the ballot and had a chance to win.

Mind u am team obi. Team let the young rule.

But I hate hypocrites, corny people and pretenders

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Jax1: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
brutal1:
You can’t be an OBIdient and sense is expected of you. [ quote author=Jax1 post=122363969]

You can't support ThĂŽefnubu and APC and remain sensible. It's natural to speak like a wacko once you are initiated into APC legion of doom.

Between a drug baron and a business man which should be your role model? You are actually worse than I thought. U need a quick rehab @ yaba left before u go into the streets.

You have written and posted like a wacko.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gbogbowa: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2023
During the election the governor that lost there state are majorly APC to show that Nigeria really Reject APC, Apc lost kano to NNPP, they lost Lagos to Labour, lost Ebonyi and imo to Labour, lost cross river to Labour, lost plateau to labour, lost katsina and kaduna to Pdp, lost Abuja to Lp, PDp also lost some state to Labour, lost Nassarawa to Labour so how did APC won the election. Awon ole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gabriel004: 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
Lisong:
This yeye doctor is only coming to show his writing prowess as if this is an essay competition. He only wants to show he too can write better than a novelist. He has no point or understands the reality on ground only to write unnecessary big grammar. If literature is your thing, who asked you to go study medicine? Mumu Dele. grin grin grin
As he had studied medicine and still writing, shey e come dey pain you ni

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by josilcool(m): 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
If we check the comments and the attitude of those that are in support and those that are against both off-line and on-line .. this issue of election is becoming more of tribal

6 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Jax1: 10:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
Gabriel004:
How did you know he's a quack? Can your father stand beside him?

You think my father is your father?
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by SeeItSayIt: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
blowjohn:

That means the one chimmamanda wrote is gutter nonsense.

Not here to argue with either of you but if you're really educated as claimed don't further expose your weakness, just put both letters from the two people side by side. Then, you'll know that, Dele's letter doesn't deserve the word 'apt' to qualify it.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by ribbit: 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
Good response

Era of political correctness is fast fading away.

South westerners wising up.
We shall not allow tribal bigots to vilify us and at the same time act like the victims.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Gabriel004: 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2023
dannykares:

I knew very well Yoruba people will take this open letter seriously by responding , when Mc oluomo threat igbo none of them came out to speak out now chimamada has waken a lot up.
I spell trabialism all bcuz of 2023 election Nigeria should ready if not taken war will take place
Write your own letter about mc and stop wailing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by BackFromBalablu: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2023
blowjohn:

This letter no need up to 3 days sef. The damage has been done.
Chimmamanda no fit reply this kind letter. Nothing wey she fit talk again
silence is a best answer to a fo*l smiley i no know if u remember that statement. She's simply practising the act grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO / "Edo Is Not Lagos": Obaseki's Bill Of Insult On Tinubu - By Ini Akpan Morgan / Dino Melaye Shows His Ongoing School Project In Kogi State (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.