Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (26541 Views)

Opinion: Hard Truth About Late Marriages In Nigeria / Are Late Marriages Really Caused By Jealousy And Fear Of The Unknown? / Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Tedpgrass: 5:49am On Oct 25, 2012
Sagamite:

37 is actually old.

Women giving birth at that age have significantly increased risk of giving birth to a child with health issues (e.g. Down's syndrome) and a women at 37 would most likely be far less attractive (older looking) than at 22.

There is nothing wrong in delaying marriage or not wanting to get married, but lets not argue against biology.

Dear sir,
Please present the statistics or data behind that assumption that older women look Wowo!!

IMHO, those women who are career focussed, with no responsibility....not having to educate not just their family but the entire village.... and are health conscious.... look good.

Of course environment matters, but the wowo-looking ones have always been that way.

BTW met a 56 yrold carrying her 2nd child: her 1st is 3yrs old.Admittedly, its egg donation, but there's an increasing number of babies who only carry genes from one of the parents...either in a formal or traditional..."milkman theory" setting.

Options of freezing eggs though expensive should be explored.

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 25, 2012
Every woman always has a window of opportunity. There is a time when you get uncountable suitors. These is where most women make the mistake. Rather than be reasonable and pick a.Single good man who has potential to be something in the next couple of years they go for the Rich ready made man with swag forgetting that someone was involved in making him and trying to reap where they have not sown. No man is stupid, 9 times out of 10 a man would pick a beneficial woman and not an opportunist. Some women still get their choice; a man working in a oil coy, with a good salary driving a Toytoa camry and alredi staying alone but the problem is that these sort of men are not able to go round. Potential men in a couple of years would also become this sort of man but by then, they would either be willing to stay with those who remained with them during their growth period or be looking to date girls in their early twenties. Girls in their late twenty simply look like chip of the old block: the same girls who were not "attracted" to them then plus they don't look as beautiful again too.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 25, 2012
Tedpgrass:

Dear sir,
Please present the statistics or data behind that assumption that older women look Wowo!!

IMHO, those women who are career focussed, with no responsibility....not having to educate not just their family but the entire village.... and are health conscious.... look good.

Of course environment matters, but the wowo-looking ones have always been that way.

BTW met a 56 yrold carrying her 2nd child: her 1st is 3yrs old.Admittedly, its egg donation, but there's an increasing number of babies who only carry genes from one of the parents...either in a formal or traditional..."milkman theory" setting.

Trust me, aging has an effect on a woman. Women look most beautiful between the ages of say 20 to say 27. After that they start to look less beautiful.
With features of aging like bagging eyes, some wrinkles. They just begin to lose that glow sha.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 5:55am On Oct 25, 2012
Tedpgrass:

Dear sir,

Trust me, aging has an effect on a woman. Women look most beautiful between the ages of say 20 to say 27. After that they start to look less beautiful.
With features of aging like bagging eyes, some wrinkles. They just begin to lose that glow sha and they also become desperate which is unattractive.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Tedpgrass: 6:01am On Oct 25, 2012
12 inches!:
Every woman always has a window of opportunity. There is a time when you get uncountable suitors. These is where most women make the mistake. Rather than be reasonable and pick a.Single good man who has potential to be something in the next couple of years they go for the Rich ready made man with swag forgetting that someone was involved in making him and trying to reap where they have not sown. No man is stupid, 9 times out of 10 a man would pick a beneficial woman and not an opportunist. Some women still get their choice; a man working in a oil coy, with a good salary driving a Toytoa camry and alredi staying alone but the problem is that these sort of men are not able to go round. Potential men in a couple of years would also become this sort of man but by then, they would either be willing to stay with those who remained with them during their growth period or be looking to date girls in their early twenties. Girls in their late twenty simply look like chip of the old block: the same girls who were not "attracted" to them then plus they don't look as beautiful again too.

Dear Sir,
What's ur response to the women who stayed to support these men in their "growth" spurt but promptly replaced with younger models upon (their) "arrival".

Examples abound for us to see in society.

From recollections, those men aren't brought to book but are rather "hailed".
Advice to any female: spend time n effort empowering yourself legitimately!!!!

A guy who can't be comfortable with your grace (wealth or influence), doesn't have the grace to be with you.!!!!

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Tedpgrass: 6:08am On Oct 25, 2012
12 inches!:

With features of aging like bagging eyes, some wrinkles. They just begin to lose that glow sha.

Like I said earlier, environment and poverty plays a part.

But I'll be the underdog's advocate here.........
With all those beauty products out there.... fashion fair, Iman, Avon.
(Reflects my age)
Girls can't be that fugly!!!

2ndly, as men, looks are the numero uno.... But I'ld suggest to look in a little deeper. The external can be fixed... make up artist ------- plastic surgery. The internal being is a different story!!!!

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2012
horny4u:

Ododo Oro.

Lemme add that with an the aspiring man no unneccessary competition he is a new market Hopefully he will always be grateful you and one's gold digging qualities potential digging qualities will forever be appreciated. grin grin grin grin.
When nobody saw the greatness in me , my wife did.

Potential Platinum digging 101 : Its easier to love a Medical student with a hustler spirit than a Club boy with a show off spirit.

Bro u said it all jare. Don't these women understand that when guys are made, they pick and when guys are still about to be made or still hustling then the women pick. See this my ex calling me on the fone and crying telling me she's fed up of her marriage, that her husband treats are like a slave and wants to leave after just one year. Now what does she want me to do for her after she married a much older man (I mean, much older with kids). She better go and cry inside the car he used to carry her with then and use the brazillian hair he bought for her then to wipe her tears. Stewpid gurls.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 25, 2012
Tedpgrass:

Dear Sir,
What's ur response to the women who stayed to support these men in their "growth" spurt but promptly replaced with younger models upon (their) "arrival".

A guy who can't be comfortable with your grace (wealth or influence), doesn't have the grace to be with you.!!!!

By support? What do u mean. A relationship is always trial and error until he puts a ring on it. I'm not saying you should spend all ur money on any man ooo without him puttin a ring on it or at the expense of ur career and ur business. Even guys should be wary of that. Anybody can leave anytime cos they is no major commitment yet. What I'm saying is for them to give these guys a chance. There is a way a woman can be supportive without spending a dime u know.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2012
Tedpgrass:

Like I said earlier, environment and poverty plays a part.

But I'll be the underdog's advocate here.........
With all those beauty products out there.... fashion fair, Iman, Avon.
(Reflects my age)
Girls can't be that fugly!!!

2ndly, as men, looks are the numero uno.... But I'ld suggest to look in a little deeper. The external can be fixed... make up artist ------- plastic surgery. The internal being is a different story!!!!

ℓ☺ℓ...But we still always know the older ones don't we. Me and my friend went to a wedding recently and a group of some WELL MADE UP girls were winking at us. Trust me to flirt with them. I later told him I'm sure not one of those girls is less than 30. He smiled and agreed. I'm not saying u shud rush into marriage. Just to take ur window when it appears. You have a list of a man u're shopping for. You're 30 and still have no relationship . I bet it's time to reconsider that list you have.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Tedpgrass: 6:33am On Oct 25, 2012
12 inches!:

By support? What do u mean. A relationship is always trial and error until he puts a ring on it. I'm not saying you should spend all ur money on any man ooo without him puttin a ring on it or at the expense of ur career and ur business. Even guys should be wary of that. Anybody can leave anytime cos they is no major commitment yet. What I'm saying is for them to give these guys a chance. There is a way a woman can be supportive without spending a dime u know.

Bros,
I feel una.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by jpphilips(m): 9:25am On Oct 27, 2012
Tedpgrass:

Dear Sir,

if you have experienced a family where the man lost his job and the woman becomes the bread winner, you wont ask this question.

it matters less to the woman that the so called buisness may have been set up by the man when he was still liquid.

the woman treat the man with scorn and disdain. this is marriage. imagine what transpires in a relationship where the man is upcomming while the woman pretends to be standing by him. lemme tell you how it plays out.

women that find themselves dating up comming men have the highest tendencies to cheat and they have never lived short of that expectation.

while in those relationships, they taste the waters a lot, they treat the guy with scorn because they want the guy to see it as a favor they are dating,
while the emmasculated male leaves his fate pending when his condition improves.

the thing is that most girls like decieving themselves, how can you be treating your boyfriend unfairly with so much disdain, opressing him with your series of chairmen because he is struggling, yet u want him to stick with you when he makes it?

that is a wild ambition. The biggest irony is that the gals think the guy is daft not to knw about their illicit affairs but wot can the guy do?

he swallows it waiting for the right time to strike.

an upcomming man may not be able to provide his woman with her insatiable needs, at the same time she explores other options with made men for financial gains. this is a fact in the Nigerian society.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by inosend: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nayah: I really think people should consider many facts and do not think as we were in the 60's or whatever, Ithink we should respect decisions of people, whatever your choice, I'll respect it cause we don't know people past or plans, too easy blaming or targeting someone because he doesn't do like the others

For me marriage is about consolidation, love and building not age! of course some of you might tell me " a women who's above 30 is difficult for her getting married" and so on, while I've seen many married woman at or above this age who's enjoying motherwood and marriage and some who get married earlier have divorced!

Marriage is too important for me to leave it only in the hands of the others, I'll get married when all conditions will be fullfied
Pardon me when I say you are in on a long thing. Fulfilled conditions?! I laugh in Pakistani.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Youngpo413: 12:13am On May 31, 2015
Boyloaf:
our ladies love for money is out of control!
gbam
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Youngpo413: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Jenifa1:

true talk.
at the end of the day, most women want to live a financially secure life. for herself and her family (kids included). whether by going for a rich guy or a potentially/aspiring rich guy.
even many women who, blinded by love, eloped with poor men end up regretting it many yrs into the marriage when romance has faded and family is drinking garri.
not that love is not important, but there are also other important factors that go into marriage.

men should start learning to respect working women because it's really for the betterment of the family. but many mistake it to be an assault against the man's manhood or "head of household" status.
you go old for your papa house..B!tch
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Youngpo413: 8:55pm On Jun 02, 2015
jpphilips:

of what use is the nonsense under ur skirt that you fed sugar daddies all through your youth and left the waste product for an unfortunate young man at 38 in the name of late marriage?
lol,don't mind the sluts,as if they have anything else to offer apart from that over used waste product...b!tches everywhere.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by OlaoluEmir(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2015
Too. Much of flexing: I mean (enjoyment)...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advantages Of Being Funny / 10 Things You Don’t Need For A Biblical Wedding: Reno / Things Nigerian Men Won't Do!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.