Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (26543 Views)

Opinion: Hard Truth About Late Marriages In Nigeria / Are Late Marriages Really Caused By Jealousy And Fear Of The Unknown? / Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by yemivictor: 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2011
Dear OP,

Please kindly define the meaning of "Late Marriage(s)" for me to participate in this discussion.

Secondly, is it the same age for both sexes or what?
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by publisher(m): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2011
[size=13pt]When it comes to late marriages,women will always be at the loosing end. We all must understand that even though God made humans to become 'higher' animals,we are still 'animals'. The way God designed ALL animals,he gave us 'mating seasons',every set of animals created by God have mating seasons,once any female animal fails to take advantage of that season,she looses the opportunity for procreation. For ladies,their mating season is between 18yrs to 25yrs,this is the age at which any NORMAL woman should find her ideal mate and start having children. The Good Lord in his mercies added jara to women by giving them 'going going' extra time which is between the ages of 26yrs and 29yrs,as from thirty years the woman enters danger zone,as the yoruba would say,'won ti 'ta' ti',i.e dem don sell finish,close shop.
Many women in a bid to acertain their so called equality with their male counterparts have also fallen into this mess. They keep forgetting that a man of 50yrs can still LEGALLY get married to an 18 year old girl and have lots of children with her, no shaken!
Anyways,i believe their eyes don clear now as even one of their role models BEYONCE,don jejely get belle inside her husband house. even as many other single old cargoes dey psyche themselves say 'Girls run the world'. grin grin grin

PS: Ladies no vex,i'm just trying to dish out some tuff luv over here,still love u guys. LOL!!![/size]
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by LongOne1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2011
Lol at topic; pastors tying to solve ‘failure to launch’ issues for 21st Century ladies.

I guess it all boils down to time and chance, for it is not how fast we marry, but how well.
“. . . the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11, King James Version)

So, me thinks everybody’s prayer should be; ‘let me get married at the right time, and please help me so I won’t miss my chance.’
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2011
coogar:

your problem can be solved.
raise some amount, get a professional course done and get certified.
your income would be boosted!

date 5 men at a time? no wonder there are more unmarried women out there.
what do you think akin would do when he discovers his chic is seeing bayo and kola?

If you want a woman to yourself you marry her, shikena,

Solution: Akin will marry her fast before KOla and Bayo can scrub it up
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2011
pappy2000:

The truth is that everyone that has contributed to this discussion is speaking from their own point of view.The truth is that the root cause of late marriage in men and women is the economy of this country.The truth is that let me use myself as an example, I am in my 31 and working as a teacher in a God-forsaken school and earning 15k,how do u think i should get marry with that peanut.I had to leave the place last month to do other things.I intend to start driving a cab soonest,and all my friends are asking me when am I get married when that is the least of my problem,so u can see what I mean.I ami have  still look for financial break through in life.and the irony of this is that I have many of my colleagues who is working and earning as little as that and they have wives and children,but i have vowed that I will not live the kind of lives those people are living.In fact,they are not living,they are merely existing.

You are one of the reasons some women marry late.
At 31 my school cert father already had a house, wife and children he was feeding.
Which economy? Economy can never stop a real hustler man,
tough love here .
The school that employed your arsse is forsaken or you wey no find better to do, or open a school yourself
more tough love
Your attitude is the problem , you have a self pity attitude eatting away at your you
See Nairaland was built by a then small geek then , NOW A BIG MAN [s] [b]if they pursue me from nairaland na you o[/b][/s] was he employed to do it , hell no
If you continue to depend on the economy and self pity you will be ringa ringa rosy and wasting some girl's time.

coogar:

your problem can be solved.
raise some amount, get a professional course done and get certified.
your income would be boosted!

date 5 men at a time? no wonder there are more unmarried women out there.
what do you think akin would do when he discovers his chic is seeing bayo and kola?

[s]I donot like coogar he is always ff my tail light[/s]

See the way a man thinks at coogar's advice , you work as a teacher for a year, save money up, go for a prince2 course or NIIT , become certified , find a job with it after 3 years establish your own company employ people to save your personal time,
No body is here for you, only you can help yourself,
Your reasoning is off and not success oriented at all
Lastly good things donot happen to ungrateful and sad people,
You speak and write good english so i guess the background is there
If the owner of the school had your kind of attitude , there will not school and no job for you, be grateful to him no matter what he gave you an opportunity
If your skills are worth more than N15000 you will be earning more.

Ok you either take this as the constructive criticism it is or you bite me , which ever way , i am investing my sterling.

@ coogar
I didnot mean to say i no like you o, pls 4give me tongue
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by uzoo: 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2011
marriage is not for every one regardless of your gender.

marriage is not a parametre to measuring if a person is responsible or not,mature or not,can procreate or not.

marriage is "NOT" a ticket to heaven or haven as the case may be for some who think of it as a spring board to financial security.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by alafin(m): 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
uzoo:

marriage is not a parametre to measuring if a person is responsible or not,mature or not,can procreate or not.

marriage is "NOT" a ticket to heaven or haven as the case may be for some who think of it as a spring board to financial security.

You are a funny animal, your thoughts are inordinate and childish.

Marriage is for everyone don't let the catholic fool you, many of them are man-lover anyway.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 24, 2011
Capitalism creates greedy and unrealistic needs.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by uzoo: 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
"you are a funny animal,your thoughts are inordinate and childish"

damn! i must have hit a nerve.

probably in my last paragraph.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by coogar: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2011
horny4u:

probably because you say the most outlandish stuffs for a feminist!

See the way a man thinks at coogar's advice , you work as a teacher for a year, save money up, go for a prince2 course or NIIT , become certified , find a job with it after 3 years establish your own company employ people to save your personal time,
If the owner of the school had your kind of attitude , there will not school and no job for you, be grateful to him no matter what he gave you an opportunity

what's with the megede fegede you are typing here.

a man earning 15k in nigeria should then do what? form a company with 15k?
shouldn't he be looking at adding more skills to his skill-set so he can boost his income and live the kind of life he dreams or sees in magazines?
how he copes with 15k a month is baffling - what kinda salary is that?

horny4u, you need to go get laid, you are really h[i]o[/i]rny!!

Ok you either take this as the constructive criticism it is or you bite me , which ever way , i am investing my sterling.
@ coogar
I didnot mean to say i no like you o, pls 4give me tongue

no need for forgiveness cos i don't like you at all!
feeling is perfectly mutual!
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 24, 2011
Most ladies forget that late marriage is not good for them.a lady who is getting for the first time at 35 has chance of given birth to child with genetic disorders like down syndrome.late marriage is also associated with breast cancer.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by nikky5(m): 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
My book on the above subject will soon be released.There are 60 reasons I outlined for both men and women.Watch out.sharontunny2000@yahoo.com
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by ZE: 3:20pm On Sep 24, 2011
horny4u:

You are one of the reasons some women marry late.
At 31 my school cert father already had a house, wife and children he was feeding.
Which economy? Economy can never stop a real hustler man,

tough love here .
The school that employed your arsse is forsaken or you wey no find better to do, or open a school yourself
more tough love
Your attitude is the problem , you have a self pity attitude eatting away at your you
See Nairaland was built by a then small geek then , NOW A BIG MAN [s] [b]if they pursue me from nairaland na you o[/b][/s] was he employed to do it , hell no
If you continue to depend on the economy and self pity you will be ringa ringa rosy and wasting some girl's time.

tongue

You said it all.  truth is bitter but someone have to say it.

what you said is in-depth and some parts require deep meditation and concentration.  

Man's greatest enemy is not the  economy, govt, environment etc etc but SELF (INDECISION, DOUBT  & FEAR).  the day you conquer your self is the day you conquer the world.

a lot of people don't think outside the BOX.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by gabreel: 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2011
Hi folks,
please this is a sensitive issue that we need to take with caution.
late marriage doesn't mean no marriage which ever the case maybe.
if you know of any, keep encouraging her and she would thank you for the gesture.
contribute you own effort toward another person uplift and God will reward you.
bye
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by moshoodn(m): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2011
Love of money. . .
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2011
publisher:

[size=13pt]When it comes to late marriages,women will always be at the loosing end. We all must understand that even though God made humans to become 'higher' animals,we are still 'animals'. The way God designed ALL animals,he gave us 'mating seasons',every set of animals created by God have mating seasons,once any female animal fails to take advantage of that season,she looses the opportunity for procreation. For ladies,their mating season is between 18yrs to 25yrs,this is the age at which any NORMAL woman should find her ideal mate and start having children. The Good Lord in his mercies added jara to women by giving them 'going going' extra time which is between the ages of 26yrs and 29yrs,as from thirty years the woman enters danger zone,as the yoruba would say,'won ti 'ta' ti',i.e dem don sell finish,close shop.
Many women in a bid to acertain their so called equality with their male counterparts have also fallen into this mess. They keep forgetting that a man of 50yrs can still LEGALLY get married to an 18 year old girl and have lots of children with her, no shaken!
Anyways,i believe their eyes don clear now as even one of their role models BEYONCE,don jejely get belle inside her husband house. even as many other single old cargoes dey psyche themselves say 'Girls run the world'. grin grin grin

PS: Ladies no vex,i'm just trying to dish out some tuff luv over here,still love u guys. LOL!!![/size]

pls take it easy with women, u sound so mean.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by kabukabu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2011
uzoo:

The smartest comment made on this ridiculous thread, grin grin

uzoo:

"you are a funny animal,your thoughts are inordinate and childish"

damn! i must have hit a nerve.

probably in my last paragraph.

The second smartest comment on this thread.You blowhards would be better off following her lead. grin
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2011
kabukabu:

The second smartest comment on this thread.You blowhards would be better off following her lead. grin
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by cantell(m): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2011
Horny4u & coogar, you guys must be living in the wilderness!
A guy earns 15k with no additional income and the best advice you can offer, is for him to enroll in a school and increase his skills?
Tell me, where will the money for tuition and other expenses come from?
For crying out loud, it's Nigeria we're talking about, not Us.
Being self-employed is a huge step in his current situation. Driving a cab may not be the best but it's a start.
When you don't have enough, you start with the one you have.
I agree with the self pity part though, but he's willing to take another step, which what i actually admire.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2011
A typical naija babe would waste her youth running after married men with money and doing stupid runs and when its time to get married express don pass am lipsrsealed.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by alafin(m): 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2011
kabukabu:

if this kind of statement sounded clever in your ears, ol'boy na hin be say u get serious problem o.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by alafin(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2011
lefulefu:

A typical naija babe would waste her youth running after married men with money and doing silly runs and when its time to get married express don pass am lipsrsealed.

True talk sad
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by sexsinners(m): 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2011
ooooooooooooo!

you guys leave these ladies alone if they want to marry late let them. it is none of your business eh!.
i know if i was ever a women i would wait until later to get married,because it's a big thing. also marriage is a scary thought. i cannot imagine a 18,19,20,21 ect, to be completely responsible to have kids and be a wife, thats a lot of work for a young lady.

people no matter what age should be married when they are ready!.

seee i am a good future pastor
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by kabukabu(m): 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2011
cantell:

Horny4u & coogar, you guys must be living in the wilderness!
A guy earns 15k with no additional income and the best advice you can offer, is for him to enroll in a school and increase his skills?
Tell me, where will the money for tuition and other expenses come from?
For crying out loud, it's Nigeria we're talking about, not Us.
Being self-employed is a huge step in his current situation. Driving a cab may not be the best but it's a start.
When you don't have enough, you start with the one you have.
I agree with the self pity part though, but he's willing to take another step, which what i actually admire.

The absolute last thing a guy making 15K should have on his mind is MARRIAGE grin grin
Women are not cheap,period, he needs to get his act together,get a second or third job, work ,improve his skills ,The problem with developing countries like nigeria is you have millions of people already living at the poverty line, who marry up,have children, THEN chase after improving their jobs /and careers, what good is it to have a wife and kids ,while you are living in abject poverty and squalor, the complain that the govt is not providing for your broke behind

Marraige is not for everyone, if you can support a family comfortably, fine do it, if you can't, get a job and save money, cool
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Xionez(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2011
Q: What is behind late marriages for women?!

A: Na by fire by force to get married. If lady doesnt want to get married, they nag and cajole and in extreme cases, marry her without her presence or knowledge (AWOL style). Just to achieve what?!,
Abeg these pastors should read 1 Corinthians 7v6. It applies to all. After that read 1 John 4v1. After that read 2 John 1v10. After that pipe down and let them be. cheesy
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Finecat(m): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2011
Too Much Yanga and Isekuse!
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 24, 2011
For example most parents will tell you never marry a yoruba man if you are an Ibo or never marry an Ibo man if yoruba and they give you so many craps that, Men or women from so so place are occultic, womanizer etc, thereby giving the singles tough time in choosing even when the right man is from another tribe. That is what i am suffering now. With a Well paid Job, 2 Bed flat, Msc, God fearing, the lady i chose ( from other tribe)my parents are still battleling me with it even 4 years without committing 4nicketing
my brother,yu are right in times of Nigeria case! parents keep decieving children of how bad marrying from another village or tribe is! this contribute to the lateness intimes of Nigeria, no doubt! eg i m the last child of the family and every member of my family all gotten married and all they gist me about when i was leaving Naija is that i should never go marry anyother person apart from my own state/village? even my father shouted this advise on me b4 i left! ok, lemme take the advise & say that after skool, i get a good job but cant find someone from my vilage/state here then meaning i should go to my village and marry!(i laugh at this taught cos i wonder how i can get somebody i love in my village,ofcourse they will come to me for my money!)anyway i dont know yet where to stand but for now i take those words as jokes!
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by deluxecad(m): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2011
Blame it on the "Independent Woman" mantra.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by sophy09: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2011
What is the big deal if a lady is not married or marries late? Everyone has a choice to make in life. Either you want to get married or not. Those who are married are running out of marriage. I mean Paul in the bible was not married. He was not condemned.
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 7:42pm On Sep 24, 2011
coogar:

probably because you say the most outlandish stuffs for a feminist!

what's with the megede fegede you are typing here.

a man earning 15k in nigeria should then do what? form a company with 15k?
shouldn't he be looking at adding more skills to his skill-set so he can boost his income and live the kind of life he dreams or sees in magazines?
how he copes with 15k a month is baffling - what kinda salary is that?

horny4u, you need to go get laid, you are really h[i]o[/i]rny!!

no need for forgiveness cos i don't like you at all!
feeling is perfectly mutual!

Na wah o, I liked your asking him to increase his skill but you still went ahead to attack me,

That my beautiful user name : hahaha

Am glad the feeling is mutual and your sense of humour is 0,

Well man up  : I have a right to my opinions if you donot like my opinions, this is an anonymous forum and am not bothered
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by horny4u(f): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2011
ZE:

You said it all.  truth is bitter but someone have to say it.

what you said is in-depth and some parts require deep meditation and concentration.  

Man's greatest enemy is not the  economy, govt, environment etc etc but SELF (INDECISION, DOUBT  & FEAR).  the day you conquer your self is the day you conquer the world.

a lot of people don't think outside the BOX.

I have realised that very few people get this,

SELF is the only enemy and the only saviour.

The same mind set for 30 years unchanged for another mindset and you will be 60 and same mindset for another 30 years and you will be 90 and time to go home,  undecided

The truth remains just the truth and their is a reason why they say truth is bitter

The Almighty will NEVER have sent us to earth without THE BREATH which gives us the ability to create our life.

Poor pple kids become billionaires and Rich people's kids become pauper, the change factor here is the mind not money,

You can either take this as a change spring board that it is meant to be and change your life or NOT

I have never met the 15k guy and may never do but if this helps him to change : he keeps the proceeds,
Re: What Is Behind Late Marriages For Ladies ? by Jenifa1: 7:49pm On Sep 24, 2011
so are men now marrying early or what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Post Your Picture With A Lovely Caption And Let A Nairalander Rate You / Advantages Of Being Funny / 10 Things You Don’t Need For A Biblical Wedding: Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.