Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria (40229 Views)

Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ / Should You Japa (with Family) On A Study Visa In 2024? / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by phr0nesis(m): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
Na food I know say I go miss
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by donbenie(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Recklessly driving against traffic..
Especially by commuter buses..🎯

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by correctguy101(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mindlog:

Freedom to do what?

Freedom to do anyhow...

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Mhistaedie01(m): 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
Make God just give me money... I no wan leave this country I swear 😩😩
Imagine missing Nigerian food, jollof rice and plenty swallow ahhhh and our curvy and problematic girls I go too miss them.. noooo I can't.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Johnjanrt: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2023
cool
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
You can't piss anywhere.

Funny enough, I still yarn this matter with my nigga today...

7 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by falopey: 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mindlog:

Freedom to do what?
Freedom to be lawless
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by juman(m): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please give me visa I want to miss them.
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Maj196(m): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2023
As for me oo. Abroad na for vacation. Naija no good but e still dey sweet me.

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Christian07(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
headofschool:
I'm telling you, there is more freedom in Nigeria than those places where we claimed security of lives abroad.

What freedom is that

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Bahamas95(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nigeria na country wey person dey miss?

Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by juman(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:
You can't piss anywhere.

Funny enough, I still yarn this matter with my nigga today...

There are toilets available. So no need piss anyhow.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by juman(m): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
No place like home.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
juman:

There are toilets available. So no need piss anyhow.
Juman!

Tell me say you never piss outside for Naija before.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Vanpascore(m): 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2023
Those abuses/curse from damfo and okada drivers

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Burruchaga71(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
headofschool:
I'm telling you, there is more freedom in Nigeria than those places where we claimed security of lives abroad.
There's no freedom in Nigeria at all. I've traveled so many countries and currently living in abroad and I can tell you that Nigeria is the worst place to live in the world.

I swear..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by AllKnowing: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
You’ll miss the ability to easily save money

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by buJu234: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2023
Please add cheap and easy sex... for both sexes..

Male easily get girls for sex

While

Female easily see guys running, begging and ready to pay for sex!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by abobote: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2023
The only thing you can miss abroad is the family and friends, and the free amenities. Others like food, you can get them abroad

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by correctguy101(m): 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
Home is wherever you make it.

It may surprise you that your ancestors came as migrants to the place you call home today. After settling, they made it their home which is why you enjoy it now. I'm not saying that is your case but we have such cases around us.

All of us are migrants in one way or the other so wherever we find ourselves, we should endeavor to make it a home. If not, one will continue to have issues.

What I miss about Nigeria today are my family members and sometimes the food I grew up with though I'm now used to intercontinental dishes.

What most Nigerians abroad miss about Naija aside family members and food, are just impunity and lawlessness in the country, nothing else.

A wise man who understands reality.

I just hope many will have the sense you possess.

Greetings

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:10pm On Apr 29, 2023
Lol.. not really.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by juman(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
NamelessOGBENI:

Juman!

Tell me say you never piss outside for Naija before.

I meant abroad.
Toilet dey everywhere, train station, metro station, bus station, mall etc. So no reason to be pissing anyhow

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by izubext007: 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
I WILL ALSO MISS SNAKE SWALLOWING MONEY

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by HighPriest0(m): 7:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
headofschool:

Yeah of course.... Freedom for Inpunity and lawlessness

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Ekpekus(m): 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
TyroneP:
‘Japa’, a lingo in Nigeria for deliberate exit from the country especially for greener pastures abroad, has been a constant happening over the last few years with students, professionals and partners forming the chunk of those fleeing its shores.

As enticing as the idea of being in a relatively ‘better’ country is, the experiences of people who have left have continued to prove that truly ‘there is no place like home.’
Taking a look at the diverse peculiarities of Nigeria, here are five things you will miss if you find yourself abroad.
Nigerian Foods

Food is peculiar to every country. And Nigeria, with its plethora of ethnic groups, has a slew of foods its citizens don’t joke with. From Amala, to Akpu, Ogbono, Bread and Beans down to Moi Moi, these are foods that are dear to every Nigerian, and no amount of civilization can unplug the relish for these foods.

The moment you are leaving the shores of the country, you are as well leaving behind these ‘unique’ delectables whose tastes are never the same even when taken outside of their place of origin ( Largely because they’re transported to other markets with lots of additives that change the organic tastes ).

2. Weather

If there is a thing in Nigeria that is highly underappreciated, it is the weather. Nigerians in the diaspora have always expressed their struggles with the frosty weather abroad, and how much they miss the cozy and friendly weather in the country.

3. Family and Friends

Moving to a new country most times entails leaving behind family members and friends who you might not see for as long as your stay abroad. Though technology helps us connect beyond boundaries, the feeling of being physically around your family members and friends is matchless.

4. Owambe

Nigeria is ‘big’ on parties – and that is on period. Flamboyant, lavish, expensive, food-filled, dramatic, these features of the Owambe parties are unequaled anywhere in the world. It is one of the many things that make Nigeria exclusive, and being in the country unparalleled.

5. Free Amenities

Abroad you pay for almost everything from as high as electricity bills to as low as water bills. Their social amenities are prioritized, and it works in a way that you cannot evade paying for the bills of the amenities you use. In Nigeria, water bills are scarce as almost everyone has their own system of getting water; indiscriminate parking of cars is common but can’t be dared abroad without you being ticketed.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/04/5-things-you-will-miss-when-you-japa-from-nigeria/
Add blowing car horn and "pissing" anywhere you see 😆 🤣 😂

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by bluefilm: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mindlog:

Freedom to do what?

Freedom to be driving on the wrong side of the road, connecting NEPA light without having any meter, urinating anyhow in public as well as dumping refuse in the gutter....

So many useless freedoms abound in dat una country.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Perfectman91: 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Of what use is freedom when you live in the gutters?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Ekpekus(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mindlog:

Freedom to do what?
To do anyhow without consequences. One of the reasons we are where we are.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by mukthar2000(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
My lovely mother food Alone, nothing more .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by juman(m): 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
You will miss everything Nigeria.
But kidnapping is big problem.
Your closet family members can organize your kidnapping. Trust nobody.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Woman Gives Birth To Sextuplets After 6 Years Of Having Twins (Photos) / Dear Wives, Why Do You Deny Your Husband Sex? / Just Married 50 Years Ago: Cute Pictures Of My Parents' Wedding Anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.