Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? (13963 Views)

Can Someone Explain The Message That Jesus Wants To Pass In Luke 22 :36 / Another Luke 16 Controversy : Was Lazarus Even Buried? / The Event Between Satan And Christ: What Readers Do Not Understand In Luke 4:8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On May 07, 2023
lomprico:
■ Why are you always confusing yourself? You say there is nothing like hell fire now you are concurring that there is a place of eternal damnation. undecided
1. I believe the confusion here is yours and not mine. What I said is there is no Hell — a place of torment— attached to God's Old Covenant/agreement which He gave as the National Constitution to the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 . The context of the parable in question was the Old law of Moses, was it not? undecided

Hell, the place of Eternal Damnation, is instead a part of God's National Constitution and Law in the Kingdom of God of which Jesus Christ is the Law and then King. undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Whoknow: 3:40pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Scripture also informs you that at the time of the resurrection, all those who will be raised will be like the angels. So, what part of that passage are you actually having a problem with? undecided

The explanation of eternal fire, according Goodnews Bible verse matt 25: 41

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Whoknow: 3:41pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Scripture also informs you that at the time of the resurrection, all those who will be raised will be like the angels. So, what part of that passage are you actually having a problem with? undecided

The explanation of eternal fire, according Goodnews Bible verse matt 25: 41.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
■ The explanation of eternal fire, according Goodnews Bible verse matt 25: 41.
What exactly do you not understand about the concept of eternal fire? Earlier, you had no problem pointing out that it was made for the devil and his angels. We cleared out what Scripture says of the supposed angels. Now you want me to explain the fire itself or the part that indicates it is eternal, how come? undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Whoknow: 3:47pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What exactly do you not understand about the concept of eternal fire? Earlier, you had no problem pointing out that it was made for the devil and his angels. We cleared out what Scripture says of the supposed angels. Now you want me to explain the fire itself or the part that indicates it is eternal, how come? undecided

Yes because in the illustration, Jesus was talking about the wicked people who would be condemned with the Devil and his angels.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
■ Yes because in the illustration, Jesus was talking about the wicked people who would be condemned with the Devil and his angels.
1. Where in the passage below did you cull that claim of yours from? undecided
41 “Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.
42 You must go away because when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink.
43 When I had no place to stay, you did not welcome me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me nothing to wear. When I was sick and in prison, you did not care for me.’
44 “Then those people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty? When did we see you without a place to stay? Or when did we see you without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see any of this and not help you?’
45 “The king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to do for me.’
46 “Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.” - Matthew 25 vs 41 - 46
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by dyera(m): 3:59pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:

So what did God said will happen to evil people at the last day.

They will be deprived of the one most important thing. Every human get to know what that one most important thing is and how valuable it is when they are about to die.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by NNTR: 3:59pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
The explanation of eternal fire, according Goodnews Bible verse matt 25: 41.
You are not going to receive an explanation from Kobojunkie, if you do, it wont be a convincing one

Kobojunkie:
What exactly do you not understand about the concept of eternal fire?
All what you understand about the concept of eternal fire, is whats being asked you share, not be bothered about what Whoknow understands or doesnt understand.

Kobojunkie:
Earlier, you had no problem pointing out that it was made for the devil and his angels.
Revelation 20:12-15
12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.
Then another book was opened, which is the Book of Life;
and the dead were judged according to what they had done as written in the books
[that is, everything done while on earth].
13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it,
and death and Hades (the realm of the dead) (i.e. aka and pka Hell) surrendered the dead who were in them;
and they were judged and sentenced, every one according to their deeds.
14Then death and Hades [the realm of the dead] (i.e. aka and pka Hell) were thrown into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, the lake of fire [the eternal separation from God].
15And ifanyone’s name was not found written in the Book of Life, he was hurled into the lake of fire.

The devil and his angels, as well as anyone who was not found written in the Book of Life, are casted into the lake of fire.

Kobojunkie:
We cleared out what Scripture says of the supposed angels. Now you want me to explain the fire itself or the part that indicates it is eternal, how come? undecided
It is only one thing, unconscious incompetence that will stop anyone from explaining, succinctly, the fire itself and even the icing of the cake part that indicates, the inferno like fire, is eternal.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Whoknow: 4:00pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Where in the passage below did you cull that claim of yours from? undecided

41 “Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels

My question is will the evil people still suffer eternal fire like the Devil and his angels?

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
■ 41 “Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels

My question is will the evil people still suffer eternal fire like the Devil and his angels?
1. You keep trying to separate the evil people from the devil and his angels, why? In John 8, Jesus Christ pretty much told you that evil people are in fact Sons of the devil
44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him. You want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was always against the truth. There is no truth in him. He is like the lies he tells. Yes, the devil is a liar. He is the father of lies. - John 8 vs 44
So why do you keep pushing to separate them from the devil? If you are able to accept and embrace the concept of Sons of God, why not equally embrace the fact that those who end up in eternal damnation are of the group "The devil and his angels"? undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by NNTR: 4:02pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
41 “Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels

Add Revelation 20:12-15, as advanced above, to the mix

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:06pm On May 07, 2023
It's just an illustration that you need to understand because according to Jesus he was only rich and he didn't treat Lazarus badly rather Lazarus DESIRE whatever falls from the rich man's table! Luke 16:21

These are the symbolic terms you need to know their meanings:
©Lazarus
©Rich man
©Gate
©Crumbs from the tables
©Sours on Lazarus's body
©Dogs licking his sours
©Their death
©Abraham's bosom
©Hades (Hell)
©Torment
©Father Abraham
©Drop of water
©Chasm fixed between them
©Rich man's five brothers
©Moses and the Prophets

For deeper reasoning remember Moses lived when the Israelites were slaves in Egypt and all Israelites in Egypt were slaves therefore none among the Israelites was rich they were all poor slaves in Egypt. Moreover when they left Egypt all of them left with wealth because the Egyptians gave them everything they desired so they were all rich.
So how can Moses be a contemporary of two Israelites where one is rich while the other is extremely poor?
The rich man couldn't be an Egyptian because he referred to Abraham as "father"

If anyone wish to know the meaning of those symbolic terms i'm still very much around.

I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Whoknow: 4:24pm On May 07, 2023
44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him. You want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was always against the truth. There is no truth in him. He is like the lies he tells. Yes, the devil is a liar. He is the father of lies. - John 8 vs 44

Kobojunkie:
1. You keep trying to separate the evil people from the devil and his angels, why? In John 8, Jesus Christ pretty much told you that evil people are in fact Sons of the devil
So why do you keep pushing to separate them from the devil? If you are able to accept and embrace the concept of Sons of God, why not equally embrace the fact that those who end up in eternal damnation are of the group "The devil and his angels"? undecided

Why I am asking is that you JWs said that God will not punish evil people in eternal fire.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:33pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:

Why I am asking is that you JWs said that God will not punish evil people in eternal fire.

She is not one of us so face her if you want! smiley
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by mtngloetiartel: 4:33pm On May 07, 2023
They are actually in hell (grave, Sheol) awaiting resurrection to the new righteous world that is soon to come. (2Pet.3:13) You people need to understand what the hell is. Hell is where the dead, both the wicked and the righteous as well as unrighteous end up awaiting judgement.
annyplenty:

But Abraham and David were uper rich and they did not end in hell
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:
You are not making any sense to me since I am not a JW. And from where I sit, you other Churchians are no different from them since you are all steeped in the doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned His followers to steer clear of. undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kukutenla: 4:35pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
. 1. I am afraid I do not understand. Jesus Christ used the parable to tell His followers that no one will be sent back from the grave to send any messages to the the living. That is the message of the parable and is removed from all the other goings ons in the story which are meant to distract the uninformed reader. So what is your question?? undecided

2. Distractions you mean? Well, here's the thing, you can choose to read additional meanings into the story for yourself but know that whatever meanings you do may end up not conforming with the Truth of God in the Kingdom of God. In that case, you end up with what is a head full of lies. So better to allow Jesus Christ lead the way as far as what He wants you to learn from the story. undecided

3. The icky of all this is that I never said that Eternal damnation- Hell fire - which is in the Kingdom of God does not exist. What I instead posited is that the place of Eternal damnation- Hell fire -- is a part of the Kingdom of God --- God's New Law and Covenant,
--- and not of the Old Contract/Covenant God made before Jesus Christ, the Old Law of Moses. undecided
First of all, this parable is the only one by Jesus that has a name for one of its characters. This has led some scholars to believe it might not be a parable from Jesus but one that has been in existence before him which he only repeated to illustrate a point. It is why I asked you what you think the central theme of the parable is. If you compare it with that of the unfaithful steward at the beginning of the chapter, you'll see another theme of stewardship rather than belief in the prophets you chose. Another easy theme is the danger of riches as pertained to the kingdom of God.
As for the issue of Hell, the Old testament clearly mentions hell in so many verses. The laws of Moses are not laws about the principles of the kingdom of God or heaven, they are laws meant to guide the children of Israel in their walk with God. So the absence of hell in Moses' laws does not invalidate its existence in old testament. Heaven was never mentioned in Moses' laws as well. It doesn't mean the old testament never acknowledged the existence of heaven.
Moses was more of a political leader than a theological or spiritual leader.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by mtngloetiartel: 4:37pm On May 07, 2023
The word “hell” is found in many Bible translations. In the same verses other translations read “the grave,” “the world of the dead,” and so forth. Other Bibles simply transliterate the original-language words that are sometimes rendered “hell”; that is, they express them with the letters of our alphabet but leave the words untranslated. What are those words? The Hebrew she’ohlʹ and its Greek equivalent haiʹdes, which refer, not to an individual burial place, but to the common grave of dead mankind; also the Greek geʹen·na, which is used as a symbol of eternal destruction. However, both in Christendom and in many non-Christian religions it is taught that hell is a place inhabited by demons and where the wicked, after death, are punished (and some believe that this is with torment).
Ken4Christ:

You think Jesus just imagined a place of torment that does not exist?

Do you make parables with events that are not real? If yes, mention any other parable with events that can't happen in practice.

Do you mention actual names in parables? If yes, give me another parable where specific names were mentioned.

Is the idea of hell as a place of torment supported by any other passage in the scripture? The answer is yes and there are so many scriptures that backs the fact that lost souls end up in a place of torment.

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by NNTR: 4:41pm On May 07, 2023
annyplenty:
Let us rub minds together.

The scripture did not explicity say why the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 go to hell.

Can you infer from the scripture why he ended in hell.
Luke 10:25-37
25And a certain lawyer [an expert in Mosaic Law] stood up to test Him, saying,
“Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
26Jesus said to him, “
What is written in the Law?
How do you read it?”
27And he replied,
“YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART,
AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH,
AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND;
AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
28Jesus said to him,
“You have answered correctly; DO THIS habitually AND YOU WILL LIVE.”
29But he, wishing to justify and vindicate himself, asked Jesus,
“And who is my neighbor?”

||
30Jesus replied,
“A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he encountered robbers,
who stripped him of his clothes [and belongings], beat him, and went their way [unconcerned], leaving him half dead.
31Now by coincidence a priest was going down that road, and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.
32Likewise a Levite also came down to the place and saw him, and passed by on the other side [of the road].
33But a Samaritan (foreigner), who was traveling, came upon him;
and when he saw him, he was deeply moved with compassion [for him],
34and went to him and bandaged up his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them [to sooth and disinfect the injuries];
and he put him on his own pack-animal, and brought him to an inn and took care of him.
35On the next day he took out two denarii (two days’ wages) and gave them to the innkeeper, and said,
‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, I will repay you when I return.’
Which of these three do you think proved himself a neighbor to the man who encountered the robbers?”
37He answered,
“The one who showed compassion and mercy to him.”
Then Jesus said to him,
“Go and constantly do the same.

Smh. One word. Detachment

The reason why the the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 ended up in Hades, (i.e. the part opposite to where Abraham's bosom is), simply is because of his indifference, because of his lack of interest, concern, compassion, empathy and sympathy towards his neighbour, Lazarus

The rich man didnt habitually love his neighbour(s), Lazarus. The rich man, didnt constantly prove himself a neighbour to Lazarus whilst they both were on earth in the land of the living.

The rich man, was living it up, lived life, large, not appreciating that living such a lifestyle in that distant and coldness manner to others, is temporary.

What a surprising and rude awakening, it was for him, when he discovered where his lifestyle choices, where his actions and inactions landed him

cc Whoknow

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On May 07, 2023
Kukutenla:
■ First of all, this parable is the only one by Jesus that has a name for one of its characters. This has led some scholars to believe it might not be a parable from Jesus but one that has been in existence before him which he only repeated to illustrate a point. It is why I asked you what you think the central theme of the parable is. If you compare it with that of the unfaithful steward at the beginning of the chapter, you'll see another theme of stewardship rather than belief in the prophets you chose. Another easy theme is the danger of riches as pertained to the kingdom of God.
■ As for the issue of Hell, the Old testament clearly mentions hell in so many verses. The laws of Moses are not laws about the principles of the kingdom of God or heaven, they are laws meant to guide the children of Israel in their walk with God. So the absence of hell in Moses' laws does not invalidate its existence in old testament. Heaven was never mentioned in Moses' laws as well. It doesn't mean the old testament never acknowledged the existence of heaven.
■ Moses was more of a political leader than a theological or spiritual leader.
1. I really don't follow! Why do you assume all parables are meant to follow a common theme? And what do you mean by the danger or riches as pertaining to the Kingdom of God? undecided

2. In God's Old Covenant, the term Hell is used in reference to the place of Death — from dust you were made and to dust you shall return - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 — the punishment that awaited the unrighteous of the Old Covenant. It was not a literal place but instead a reference to the idea put forth by God Himself which is that those who are condemned will cease to exist upon death. Equally, Heaven, in the Old Law was a reference to the abode of God and nothing more. undecided

As for Eternal reward(Heaven) and Eternal damnation(Hell), those came into existence for mankind through Jesus Christ who brought to mankind access to the Kingdom of God where both locations exist. undecided

3. The Law of Moses was in fact a National Constitution given by God to the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan. Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant is equally the Constitutional Law in God's Nation of Priests aka the Kingdom of God - Exodus 19 vs 6 undecided
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by mtngloetiartel: 4:42pm On May 07, 2023
By what Jesus said about the rich man and Lazarus, did Jesus teach torment of the wicked after death?Is the account, at Luke 16:19-31, literal or merely an illustration of something else? The Jerusalem Bible, in a footnote, acknowledges that it is a “parable in story form without reference to any historical personage.” If taken literally, it would mean that those enjoying divine favor could all fit at the bosom of one man, Abraham; that the water on one’s fingertip would not be evaporated by the fire of Hades; that a mere drop of water would bring relief to one suffering there. Does that sound reasonable to you? If it were literal, it would conflict with other parts of the Bible. If the Bible were thus contradictory, would a lover of truth use it as a basis for his faith? But the Bible does not contradict itself.What does the parable mean? The “rich man” represented the Pharisees. (See verse 14.) The beggar Lazarus represented the common Jewish people who were despised by the Pharisees but who repented and became followers of Jesus. (See Luke 18:11; John 7:49; Matthew 21:31, 32.) Their deaths were also symbolic, representing a change in circumstances. Thus, the formerly despised ones came into a position of divine favor, and the formerly seemingly favored ones were rejected by God, while being tormented by the judgment messages delivered by the ones whom they had despised.—Acts 5:33; 7:54
Ken4Christ:

Do you make parables with events that are not real? If yes, mention any other parable with events that can't happen in practice.

Do you mention actual names in parables? If yes, give me another parable where specific names were mentioned.

Is the idea of hell as a place of torment supported by any other passage in the scripture? The answer is yes and there are so many scriptures that backs the fact that lost souls end up in a place of torment.

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Kobojunkie: 4:54pm On May 07, 2023
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by NNTR: 5:14pm On May 07, 2023
Ken4Christ:

I often tell jokes with actual names of real people, like my missus, friends et cetera for example, used in them. Watch this, when I am telling those jokes, it doesnt necessarily mean, the jokes are entirely lack of elements of truth and realities in the jokes.

Now, so is the case with the parable of the rich man and poor man. Just as truths and realities, exist in my jokes, so truth and reality exist in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

Your level of conscious competence, biblical literacy and spiritual maturity, determines how you correctly and fully understand, interpret and identify the truth and realities in the parable

Ken4Christ:
Is the idea of hell as a place of torment supported by any other passage in the scripture?
Matthew 10:28
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna

Ken4Christ, please share what your answers are, to the three questions below:
1. Please do combusted things, feel anything like pain, et cetera, after they have been destroyed?
2. Does a decomposing decayed body feel anything like pain?
3. Would a combusted soul, feel anything like pain?

Ken4Christ:
The answer is yes and there are so many scriptures that backs the fact that lost souls end up in a place of torment.
Do you, peradventure, harbour anywhere in your mind that God is a sadist or God, might be a sadist?

cc annyplenty, Whoknow, Mtngloetiartel

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by harmony75: 6:12pm On May 07, 2023
He went to hell bc he did not have compassion for the poor( Lazarus). He was selfish, proud. The Bible says love your neighbor why as a person in a better position capitalize it to maltreat the poor and needy around you God proud people who treat the poor badly.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by chiboycue: 6:31pm On May 07, 2023
annyplenty:

The scripture did not explicity say why the rich man in Luke 16:19-31 go to hell.

And when Jesus saw that he became very sorrowful, He said, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!
Luke 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Luke 18 24-25

From the above passage one can learn that a rich man could value his riches more than obeying God words.

The rich man in Luke 16:19-31 cared so much about his riches and purple clothes and food. The rich may have had about God's commandments but he did not have the time to keep God's commandments . The rich man did not help his fellow man called Lazarus who was in need.

The summary of God commandment is to love your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength and to love your neighbour as yourself.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Barristter07: 6:34pm On May 07, 2023
Whoknow:

He was.referring to the physical body.

So u agree with him that physical body goes to hell?
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by EmyGod(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Let's not stress ourselves. There is no baby here.
Those niggas who put that parable in the Bible only did that because they want every rich man to give their hard earned money to the church for the fear of not being condemned into hell for having riches.
Talk what you know, don't play with your life for God is not mocked. Bible is word of God inspired by holyspirit of God.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Fordzzy(m): 6:57pm On May 07, 2023
Heaven too cold

Baba been wan warm body small
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Ken4Christ: 7:23pm On May 07, 2023
NNTR:
I often tell jokes with actual names of real people, like my missus, friends et cetera for example, used in them. Watch this, when I am telling those jokes, it doesnt necessarily mean, the jokes are entirely lack of elements of truth and realities in the jokes.

Now, so is the case with the parable of the rich man and poor man. Just as truths and realities, exist in my jokes, so truth and reality exist in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus.

Your level of conscious competence, biblical literacy and spiritual maturity, determines how you correctly and fully understand, interpret and identify the truth and realities in the parable

Matthew 10:28
And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul;
rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna

Ken4Christ, please share what your answers are, to the three questions below:
1. Please do combusted things, feel anything like pain, et cetera, after they have been destroyed?

Do you, peradventure, harbour anywhere in your mind that God is a sadist or God, might be a sadist?

cc annyplenty, Whoknow, Mtngloetiartel

Burning an object that is physical is not the same thing as burning an object that is spiritual or none tangible as far as this physical world is concerned.

So, the physical body can be burnt up but not the soul of a man.

The soul is simply tormented in the flame but it is not burnt up.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by NNTR: 7:46pm On May 07, 2023
Ken4Christ:
Burning an object that is physical is not the same thing as burning an object that is spiritual or none tangible as far as this physical world is concerned.

So, the physical body can be burnt up but not the soul of a man.
1. Are you trying to advance that the soul is indestructible?
Is your answer: Yes, the soul is indestructible or No, the soul is not indestructible
2. Are you trying to advance that, the soul is eternal (i.e. lasts and existing forever)
Is your reply: Yes, the soul is eternal (i.e.lasts and existing forever) or No, the soul is not eternal (i.e. does not last and exist forever)

Ken4Christ:
The soul is simply tormented in the flame but it is not burnt up.
1. I am sure you understand what destroy, as in, destroy soul, means in Matthew 10:28, for example?
2. Also, I am sure you know what the distinction between what dead soul and living soul means

3. Please humour me. What use or value, is it to God, with Him, allegedly tormenting soul(s) of human beings, in flames that doesnt burn up.

I''ll hugely appreciate see you attending to the below questions you skipped answering back to

4. Do you, peradventure, harbour anywhere in your mind that God is a sadist or God, might be a sadist?

Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Trustworthiness: 8:06pm On May 07, 2023
annyplenty:

See book of Matthew 19:23 to 24

"23. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

To under is better read from Matthew 19:16 to 30.
See below:

The Rich Young Ruler
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17. And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18. He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19. Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21. Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22. But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
25. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
26. But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

27. Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?
28. And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
29. And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
30. But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.
Re: Why Did The Rich Man In Luke 16 Go To Hell? by Eriokanmi: 8:22pm On May 07, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Lazarus who has 2 sisters was not a beggar so why would you confuse him as being the same man? undecided

And why can't the name Lazarus be used in a parable? What Law says a name can't be used? undecided
Are you the only one bearing the name given you from birth? Where did you read in the bible that it was same lazarus who was raised from the dead that was being referred to? Go and sit down my friend. You always sound confused.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

"A Man After God's Own Heart" - What Does It Mean? / Holy Ghost School / Family Denies Holding Son Captive For Renouncing Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.