Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? (15145 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Bintdawood(f): 10:54pm On May 05, 2023
magzey:
Mum and Dad may Almighty Allah grant them Jannatul Firdausi. Ameen.
If you do wrong if my father shout on you ,you will prefer a hot slap , and my mum if she give you one look you know you are finished grin grin

Amin Ya Rabb!
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Kambols95(m): 11:06pm On May 05, 2023
My Dad
That man beat the hell out of me....I thought he wasn't my biological father one time like that because of the rate he beat me

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by LordErrk: 11:20pm On May 05, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
How do you even begin to hit your own child? None has ever touched me, there's no need for such to ever happen, I can't even process it.

I've always wondered why you behave mental

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by godofuck231: 11:26pm On May 05, 2023
Mum , when she wear her red shorts and wields a deadly spatula? Its going to be a red hot spanking
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by LordErrk: 11:29pm On May 05, 2023
MissOpe:
I'm writing this on behalf of my son...

I ( the mother) have beaten the hell out of him, and will still beat the shit outta him...

He'll be 5 in November but very stubborn like Bihari

I think you're missing the point. Corporal punishment must never take the place of patient explanation and correction. Remember, he still a toddler and is very new to this world

2 Likes

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by purples25(f): 11:41pm On May 05, 2023
PoliteActivist:
None.
My parents are not beaters. They use psychology to discipline. And it works!

I love that. Beating solves nothing.

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Bahamas95(m): 4:21am On May 06, 2023
Na mumsy o.

I can't remember anytime my dad really panel beated me, maybe when I was a baby sha....Dad only gave me minor spanks.
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by ItswellMike: 5:46am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
How do you even begin to hit your own child? None has ever touched me, there's no need for such to ever happen, I can't even process it.
No wonder...
U dont have a brain of ur own.
U are a liability to mankind

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by DCmaverick(m): 6:58am On May 06, 2023
My fada de beat pesin lyk say pesin na criminal. I give him de award
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2023
LilleG:

Lol. Dads don't usually beat. But mums ehn. But I know you will appreciate it now
We self too stubborn

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by wildikeman(m): 7:10am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Indomie generation sported abi you are even a gen z
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by cravingmind: 7:30am On May 06, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Between your mom and dad, who gave you the
real beating of your life?
My two elder brothers
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by obama99: 8:39am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

The question is for those that still imbibe strict discipline in their children and we're probably born before 1995
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Christipsy(m): 8:42am On May 06, 2023
Hmmm my father,that creater no dey beat o o BT if he mistakenly lay his hand on u both the crime u committed wen u were small he go join am together with the present one and give it to u as e dey hot..love u Dad smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by obama99: 8:46am On May 06, 2023
Joybeau:
My dad was never the beating type but temperamental because he stammers. So, whenever we misbehave and he shuns us, just do yourself a favour by keeping your distance otherwise he will be slapping you as he's cautioning you. He's not the talking type, so if you stress him to talk. You will collect as he forces words out of his mouth πŸ˜†
But the real beater is my mum. Chei. If she mean to beat you, she can even go wear knicker and lash you with leather belt.
I hated her while growing up because she was partial. She was hostile to us the senior children but the junior ones were her favourites. She didn't give them the same measure of punishment she gave to us.

You make me laugh tire. Na sooo the thing be.
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by obama99: 9:00am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Beating a child doesn't guarantee anything, it is never the best form of correction

Says who? The bible says the devil in the heart of a child is better sent out with a rod. And it's working and that's why we still hold our moral values as blacks. Pls don't bring those theories that makes children disappoint their parents and themselves now. When a child wants to prove stubborn, you apply the necessary strategy before they grow and become something else like what we have in the society now.

Meanwhile because they beat you doesn't make you love them less. The discipline helped shaped our morality, our common sense, and our personalities.

Some of that things you will learn if you pass through such training is that :

1.You rarely see a child that passes through such training that will look at his or parents in the eye at any given time even after the beating.

2. You will learn that when your parents are talking you keep your mouth shut and you don't interrupt them.

3. You will learn sign language without going to sign school. You learn when to disappear and when to re-appear once a visitor comes. And moreso why it's dangerous and disrespectful to poke your mouth as a child when two elders are talking or even eardropping them. You know when your parents starts winking at you ..... Omo speed off and never to be seen for that period

4. You will know that no one should ever come home to report you of being a bad child or misbehaving outside

5. Do you know the meaning of gumption ? It's an old English , it is very important to learn it .

6. You will also learn that anybody older than you is not called " chairman" but your senior and you must respect them.

7. You will also learn how not to be careless and carefree with things and your personal stuffs.

8. You will also learn how not to waste food and say I am full..... Hummm

9. Before I stop, you will also learn to mind your business. When you come home to gist your parent and expecting them to say "is that sooo" all you will hear is that how is that your business. Even if the person is a known arch enemy of your parents.

10. Finally, you will learn to persevere and patient even if you haven't eaten for days or you demanded for anything from them and the have not yet given you, you must keep smiling. And you dare not tell an outsider. Otherwise... Ok oo. Moreso, you can not always have what you want. It's at the discretion of your parents . So stay calm

So have you seen what you missed . And that doesn't stop them from regular councels from time to time from morning prayers to evening prayers collectively, individually . But the moment you want to do what others have not done before in your family , your eyes will see what others have not seen before.

Thanks to you all.

I salute the creator of this tread cos for me it was nostalgic and memories that keep me going after the trainings with my parents and family members. God bless you and my late father . May his soul rest in peace.

Pls free free to add what is learn during formative ages. Bye for now

4 Likes

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Autoclazz: 9:01am On May 06, 2023
I gave it to my mum, she so beat my immediate younger sister and i back then that we sat and was asking each other if really this woman was our mother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by MissOpe(f): 9:27am On May 06, 2023
LordErrk:

I think you're missing the point. Corporal punishment must never take the place of patient explanation and correction. Remember, he still a toddler and is very new to this world

I do understand all points raised but what happens when you do all this and yet he doesn't seem to take to correction..

I love him so much and it's the reason why I beat and still correct him in love.....

By the way, I don't think there's a particular rule to training a child, I can only do my best and leave the rest to the universe.....
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by LordErrk: 10:00am On May 06, 2023
MissOpe:

I do understand all points raised but what happens when you do all this and yet he doesn't seem to take to correction..

I love him so much and it's the reason why I beat and still correct him in love.....

By the way, I don't think there's a particular rule to training a child, I can only do my best and leave the rest to the universe.....

I understand. But the thing with constant beatings is that the kids learn to be defiant early in life, because they feel you cannot do more than beating or shouting.
Like you said, there's no particular way to train a child, and I totally agree with you.
So now you've tried the rod, and it doesn't seem to work, have you tried the "coal of fire on the head" method? What this means is that you change your response to his bad attitude, give him a response that he isn't used to. For example, if he does something you don't like, especially something that requires a lot of beating, instead of the normal shout or beat, you call him very gently with a kind smile, ask him why he did what he did, teach him the right way to go about it, and why he needs to do it that way...do all this with all the love you have for him.
Training a child requires a loooot of patience. Now is the best time to put a lot of love in the kids heart, so he won't grow up to be a nuisance
This is one way that works for me. If this doesn't work for you, you have to keep trying other methods before he grows out of this "molding" stage
And I'm not saying you should totally drop cane o...that thing is very important grin

3 Likes

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by CoolestPed22: 11:03am On May 06, 2023
1b8m:
Have you ever been woken by 2am (when sleep is sweetest) with quick strokes of koboko on your back.

Only mums are capable of such evils grin

This is my dad routine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2am, with a big bible and cane on the table πŸ˜‚. Pop-man will ask you to read punishment for disobedient and then proceed.
No Jupiter is coming to rescue you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
End of sleep for the night.
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by aalangel(f): 11:10am On May 06, 2023
Mommy the best and the greatest!!!
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by 1b8m: 1:43pm On May 06, 2023
CoolestPed22:

This is my dad routine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
2am, with a big bible and cane on the table πŸ˜‚. Pop-man will ask you to read punishment for disobedient and then proceed.
No Jupiter is coming to rescue you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.
End of sleep for the night.
oh my Gad! grin grin grin grin

I didn't want to include the bible part thinking nobody will relate. After the first strokes that teleports you back to reality from Dreamworld, she starts with Ephesians chapter 6, then she recounts all the love she's shown you and how you've only paid back with stubbornness. Then she ends proverb with proverb 29vs15 and then the business of the night begins with pickpin of course until your body goes numb.

I hated her then, but I'm a better person today because of her

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by CartelKenneth: 2:21pm On May 06, 2023
Slurity:
You are not a Nigerian.
Maybe he’s from Burkina Faso cheesy
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by xtervaganza(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2023
My Dad get time to beat anybody? Rich man.

It's always woman. My mom no Sabi beat like that but na temper she get 🀣
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by NorthernersSuck: 3:54pm On May 06, 2023
None of them ever touched me, as a last born wey I be, them over pampered me, maybe because I was so gentle and quiet Kid
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Nike44(f): 4:12pm On May 06, 2023
My mum never hit /beat me throughout my childhood (at least that I can remember) but my dad en?that man flog me tire
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by Johnnyplus01k(m): 4:27pm On May 06, 2023
Promotions:
hmmm I don't understand o...as a 9ja kid born in the early 2000s down to whatever year that's still alive, beating is mandatory grin

I concur with you 100%
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by achimendy(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

My dad have PhD in beating......

1 Like

Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by GeeM: 5:01pm On May 06, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

my dad
Re: Between Your Mom And Dad, Who Gave You The Real Beating Of Your Life? by MissOpe(f): 5:31pm On May 06, 2023
LordErrk:

I understand. But the thing with constant beatings is that the kids learn to be defiant early in life, because they feel you cannot do more than beating or shouting.
Like you said, there's no particular way to train a child, and I totally agree with you.
So now you've tried the rod, and it doesn't seem to work, have you tried the "coal of fire on the head" method? What this means is that you change your response to his bad attitude, give him a response that he isn't used to. For example, if he does something you don't like, especially something that requires a lot of beating, instead of the normal shout or beat, you call him very gently with a kind smile, ask him why he did what he did, teach him the right way to go about it, and why he needs to do it that way...do all this with all the love you have for him.
Training a child requires a loooot of patience. Now is the best time to put a lot of love in the kids heart, so he won't grow up to be a nuisance
This is one way that works for me. If this doesn't work for you, you have to keep trying other methods before he grows out of this "molding" stage to stress w the a tree we weww
And I'm not saying you should totally drop cane o...that thing is very important grin

You're 100% percent right, I grew up to be

rebellious and defiant cos of the constant beatings I received from my folks especially my mum...
Maybe it's the reason I'm passing it down to my kids.

But I've heard you, I've taken cognisance of your suggestions and put it to good use..

Thanks once again for the advice....

I appreciate bro...

May the universe be good to you....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Raise An African Child The British Or American Way? / Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 13 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.