Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? (3479 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Girls Not Simping And Crushing On This Man? (photo) / This Girl & I Are Dating Technically but she'll not admit it / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Kaymicheal852: 11:25pm On May 12, 2023
pocohantas:

Oga rest.
I cook, clean, service my gen, work, know and handle my car. If they put me and you for road, you fit no see brake light normally. But I am not the majority. You are just 1 in 100. Most men are not as home skilled as women. Rest! Chochocho!! My brother this, my grandfather that.

I wonder what you guys gain arguing open and shut cases.

An average Youngman will survive with his minimal cooking skills without a woman so stop the cap ,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by brain54(m): 11:44pm On May 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Tech savvy? To change over, fix bulb, and turn on generator nah tech savvy? Lol, nairaland is truly an enabler grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin I thought the thread is about some rocket science or engineering or programming. Ordinary fix bulb carry tech savvy grin grin grin grin grin Lmvfao.

Well anything electricity, count me out. I'm yet to get over the electric shock I experienced as a teen grin. I will change over if I am convinced that the fuse is not malfunctioning with that I will use the turning stick self. angry I hate switching on Gen because I'm fragile.No key, no gen.
Okay, I didn't give up on fixing the bulb even though I fell once. I try... I'm getting there.🤧🤧. I'm not Electrician savvy grin
Wrong choice of word…

From OP. But he does have a point!
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:02am On May 13, 2023
brain54:

Wrong choice of word…

From OP. But he does have a point!

He has no point abeg.

Anytime men feel like they are more proficient in anything, they start feeling fly as if women can't be empowered to learn such skill.

The major reason men seem more skilled at changing bulbs and starting gens is because ladies are exempted from doing it right from their home training days. There are things a lady isn't supposed to learn cause her man will do it for her.

I remember trying to help a lady start her office gen some years back because I needed her to type a document for me urgently and they had no light. I recall faces of the other ladies around who were certain I was some sort of an abnormality for doing a "man's job". Judging by the comments they made before I volunteered to start that gen, I knew that if I decided to teach them all how to start generators and switch bulbs, they'll do it better than men. Same applicable to ladies who watch zee world and co. Most have learnt how to start generators just for that.

This same "it's a man's job" thing applies to women in driving/coding. Or haven't you noticed we have more female drivers on the road nowadays than a decade ago? Or more females joining the tech industry?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by folake4u(f): 12:05am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:
Tech savvy? To change over, fix bulb, and turn on generator nah tech savvy? Lol, nairaland is truly an enabler grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin I thought the thread is about some rocket science or engineering or programming. Ordinary fix bulb carry tech savvy grin grin grin grin grin Lmvfao.

Well anything electricity, count me out. I'm yet to get over the electric shock I experienced as a teen grin. I will change over if I am convinced that the fuse is not malfunctioning with that I will use the turning stick self. angry I hate switching on Gen because I'm fragile.No key, no gen.
Okay, I didn't give up on fixing the bulb even though I fell once. I try... I'm getting there.🤧🤧. I'm not Electrician savvy grin

Na wa oh. E be like say my own worse cos I nor fit change over, fix bulb, switch generator on, or fix gas cylinder. embarassed
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by brain54(m): 12:08am On May 13, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

He has no point abeg.

Anytime men feel like they are more proficient in anything, they start feeling fly as if women can't be empowered to learn such skill.

The major reason men seem more skilled at changing bulbs and starting gens is because ladies are exempted from doing it right from their home training days. There are things a lady isn't supposed to learn cause her man will do it for her.

I remember trying to help a lady start her office gen some years back because I needed her to type a document for me urgently and they had no light. I recall faces of the other ladies around who were certain I was some sort of an abnormality for doing a "man's job". Judging by the comments they made before I volunteered to start that gen, I knew that if I decided to teach them all how to start generators and switch bulbs, they'll do it better than men. Same applicable to ladies who watch zee world and co. Most have learnt how to start generators just for that.

This same "it's a man's job" thing applies to women in driving/coding. Or haven't you noticed we have more female drivers on the road nowadays than a decade ago? Or more females joining the tech industry?
You said the guy doesn’t have a point…

You then went on to contradict yourself by giving reasons why he does.

The reasons may be numerous and diverse. But it doesn’t change the fact that only a few women are into or even interested in these things.

The number of women might be on the increase also but still doesn’t change the fact that fewer women can change a bulb for instance!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by kkins25(m): 12:20am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:

This is what they are talking about na😂😂😂😂😂... I was saving laugh for tomorrow. 😒😒
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by kkins25(m): 12:21am On May 13, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

He has no point abeg.

God knows i always hold my breath when mmu is driving.... Omo.. not that she cant drive oh... but, some kind moves ehnn..... 😂 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by faceLAGOS: 12:57am On May 13, 2023
Most Nigerian girls stop using their brain or invest in acquiring life hack skills when they notice they have started growing breast & yan sh

Marry a Nigerian girl at your peril. You go suffer & cry till you die troway.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 1:08am On May 13, 2023
Kaymicheal852:

An average Youngman will survive with his minimal cooking skills without a woman so stop the cap ,

No one is stopping you from surviving. It would even be nice if you guys can stay without women and reduce this daily whining.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 1:09am On May 13, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

He has no point abeg.

This generation of men whine too much. Any small thing they are crying, tearing their boxers and rolling in the sand. So irritating a set. I can't stand majority of them.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by placeofallure(f): 2:46am On May 13, 2023
DeJoeee:
Just because I forgot to change over my switch from generator to NEPA, my banny have been in darkness from yesterday evening She came around till this evening I came back from a work travel.
Even in this technology age, my PhD educated neighbor still calls me around for simple technical glitches when her children is not around. Things as simple as fixing new bulbs and changing generator plugs

To even switch on generator na wahala for most of our girls.

It's regrettable but that's me. I don't know how a switch looks whether it's on or off if there's no indicator light. It's that bad.
There's a way my husband connects the TV to speakers, without the speakers, the TV has no voice. I know he presses a button but I don't know which one. Guests came one day, he wasn't home and that's how we watched a full movie, no voice, just vision.
If he's not home, no gen until he comes back. He assigns a boy in the neighborhood to help me if he's not around.
Honestly I wish I'd improve. I've really suffered for this ignorance. Funny but not funny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 1Sharon(f): 5:52am On May 13, 2023
23jerryking:
This is nowhere close to the truth, I cook better than most girls in my neighbourhood and I'm also a very techy and geeky guy. All my brothers and I are good cooks too as we learnt from a very young age, mama had no female child so we do virtually everything. We're both the boys and girls of the house so I say it's a matter of choice. Even through our influence a lot of girls here became tech-inclined too. You limit yourself to cooking only and that's your business, the modern world requires more than this from you girls.

And how many are domesticated like you?

Nigerian men that think helping to take care of their own children is a woman's job.

That's why when their wife dies they are quick to remarry so they can be relieved from child rearing. Those that don't remarry, dump the child with female family members.

Is the average nigeria
man tech savvy? Foreign men have to come and show you guys the way.

Foreigners will come and start a business and succeed. While the lazy locals will blame the government for lack of opportunities and employment.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Ameoba300: 7:06am On May 13, 2023
lilyheaven:
It’s not their fault, it’s because someone is getting it done for them.
Many times it’s upbringing too.
Don’t touch it , don’t it.
They will grow up with fears.
My momma no send us , while we were growing up, we took care of our responsibilities, like bathing eating, wearing our clothes, etc
If you like don’t eat, nobody cares, na stream we dey go bath sef .
I started climbing trees when I was small, even coconut trees.😃
Come to plumbing work, I fix .
Small small electrical work at home, I fix them.
meanwhile , my husband who is a man that should be doing all these things , will be doing sme-sme-.

I have visited a woman once, they had power supply ooo... madam switch on TV , she said she doesn’t know how to do it, she’s waiting for her husband 🙄
I just weak for her.

😂 What's sme sme....are you from the South?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Nigerian men that think helping to take care of their own children is a woman's job.

That's why when their wife dies they are quick to remarry so they can be relieved from child rearing. Those that don't remarry, dump the child with female family members.

Is the average nigeria

Foreigners will come and start a business and succeed. While the lazy locals will blame the government for lack of opportunities and employment.
Helping bath the babies or helping out with cooking should be fun, whoever the hell think all these are a woman's job is not yet ready for life. So you men some men only limit themselves to having to bring provisions to the house? That's sickening to be honest. No wonder the world left Africa behind, we've got to change the way we view things in this country. That was how some older neighbours of mine then called me Janet rather than Jerry. Stupid people, stupid culture. It's only killing them. Learn everything you could possibly learn, make yourself better. Don't mind what the stupid culture says about you girls. You'll be fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by ruggedtimi(m): 8:15am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Oga rest.
I cook, clean, service my gen, work, know and handle my car. If they put me and you for road, you fit no see brake light normally. But I am not the majority. You are just 1 in 100. Most men are not as home skilled as women. Rest! Chochocho!! My brother this, my grandfather that.

if he drives a faster car on an open road , no matter how good u are with cars you will not see his brake light ...vice versa. So no basis for this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GloriousGbola: 8:25am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:

Anyways women are tech savvy when they need to be. Has any guy ever had a woman ask him for the operating instructions of a rabbit 😉

you can always ask me. i am available to show you how to use it

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by ednut1(m): 8:34am On May 13, 2023
Growing up they were restricted to the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Black44(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2023
Women are not wired to be creative and risk takers
That explains your question OP

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Oyindamolah: 9:25am On May 13, 2023
DeJoeee:
Just because I forgot to change over my switch from generator to NEPA, my banny have been in darkness from yesterday evening She came around till this evening I came back from a work travel.
Even in this technology age, my PhD educated neighbor still calls me around for simple technical glitches when her children is not around. Things as simple as fixing new bulbs and changing generator plugs

To even switch on generator na wahala for most of our girls.

Change the circle of friends you roll with.
I repairs phone did my training at easyfix
Intern at Tech4mat
I service my generator
Worked on my bad TV
Thanks to YouTube

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 9:30am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Oga rest.

Stop lying please. You dey service gen? And what do you mean by handle car something that you'll pay men to do when you cant even change tyres...Why exaggerate your cv?

You too dey lie please calm down
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:32am On May 13, 2023
ruggedtimi:
if he drives a faster car on an open road , no matter how good u are with cars you will not see his brake light ...vice versa. So no basis for this.

He would be driving fast car and me would be with 505 na. Ndi uchu!
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 9:34am On May 13, 2023
ruggedtimi:

Like do you get? They just say rubbish to feel smart..she talk say she dey service gen😂😂😂
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 9:37am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

He would be driving fast car and me would be witj 505 na. Ndi uchu!

Can you even parallel park? 😂😂😂
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 9:46am On May 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Is the average nigeria

That one just dey play. For im family all the men pound banga and wrap ekpang. You go fear family of male chefs na. So we are now supposed to put our heads in the sand and pretend MOST Nigerian men are like that on the average. Such fairytale argument from an adult. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Lannister360: 10:24am On May 13, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I have no business with all these things too. I hate stress in this life ehn and besides all these are masculine duties .
What is now your duty as a woman?
To open leg and spend another man's money right?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 10:25am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:

That was how one spent minutes arguing with me that my car is a V4. Emphasis on the VEE. He thought I am his gf that is not "technically savvy" and all efforts to let him know that both my car and his own are not VEEs proved abortive.

Technically savvy and you will think they are dismantling diesel engines or computer systems. Bulb that our fathers changed for years and nobody called village meeting. E reach these U-35 turn and grammar enter am. Even the tech sef, Indians done dey do am since 1600. The moment wey Naija men enter am, everywhere tech tech, you go think say na them start microsoft.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GloriousGbola: 10:30am On May 13, 2023
Rayban25:

Stop lying please. You dey service gen? And what do you mean by handle car something that you'll pay men to do when you cant even change tyres...Why exaggerate your cv?

You too dey lie please calm down

can you describe servicing/maintaining a gen tho?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Lannister360: 10:31am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:
The same reason most men can't cook or manage a kitchen/home effectively - GENDER ROLES. Any small thing women do, you guys would run to create thread and act like it is the worst thing to happen.

Growing up the guy watches his dad fix gen and change bulbs. The girl watches her mum cook.

The only oppportunity most ladies would have to learn these things is while living alone and again most do not like to live alone because of the belief it would scare "husbands" away. They would still go on not to acquire properties since they would most likely end up with a man that has these things. It is from father's house to husband house.

These core life and home management skills are picked up when alone. Ladies should embrace them. If I don't want to change my tyres or generator plug, it is because I don't want to. Not because I don't know how to.

Our girls are poor in technology indeed. You will think it is a NASA member typing.

Come on, most men can cook, I'm a guy and I can tell you for free that all my male friends can cook, when I was in school then the women in my hostel sef are the ones buying food from outside, not like they don't know how to cook but having a rich boyfriend who always buy them fast food meals and shawarma has made them lazy.

There was one very pretty fair neighbor of mine then who always come to my room to eat, in some cases she'll leave the plate for me to wash, I had to talk to her rudely one day out of anger then she stopped coming. A lot of men know how to cook, I'll say about 80%
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 1Sharon(f): 10:32am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

That one just dey play. For im family all the men pound banga and wrap ekpang. You go fear family of male chefs na. So we are now supposed to put our heads in the sand and pretend MOST Nigerian men are like that on the average. Such fairytale argument from an adult. grin grin

Lol. If all the men pounded banga and did all of that. It's more than likely the women in their family did that and even more.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 10:33am On May 13, 2023
Lannister360:

Come on, most men can cook, I'm a guy and I can tell you for free that all my male friends can cook, when I was in school then the women in my hostel sef are the ones buying food from outside, not like they don't know how to cook but having a rich boyfriend who always buy them fast food meals and shawarma has made them lazy.

There was one very pretty fair neighbor of mine then who always come to my room to eat, in some cases she'll leave the plate for me to wash, I had to talk to her rudely one day out of anger then she stopped coming. A lot of men know how to cook, I'll say about 80%

You are right. Most Nigerian men can cook shege. My brother and father are currently cooking moi moi. When they are done, they will do agidi jollof and okpa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Lannister360: 10:34am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

You are right. Most Nigerian men can cook shege. My brother and father are currently cooking moi moi. When they are done, they will do agidi jollof and okpa.
Okpa huh, Igbo woman.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 10:34am On May 13, 2023
1Sharon:

Lol. If all the men pounded banga and did all of that. It's more than likely the women in their family did that and even more.

Na their way na. Once they cook noodles, you won't hear the last of it. The chest beating would start. Na why as a woman I have never been freaked about a man that can cook. I no need his ONGA cooking for anything. Provide and leave that nonsense food you are cooking.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Red Flags Everywhere: A young Man & His Deceptive Girlfriend / Dating your boss in the office. / The World Without Men Pt. II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.