Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? (3482 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Girls Not Simping And Crushing On This Man? (photo) / This Girl & I Are Dating Technically but she'll not admit it / Lady Advises Girls Not To Marry Poor Guys. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by lilyheaven: 10:36am On May 13, 2023
Passive exclamation!
Ameoba300:

😂 What's sme sme....are you from the South?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by ibkayee(f): 10:46am On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:
Tech savvy? To change over, fix bulb, and turn on generator nah tech savvy? Lol, nairaland is truly an enabler grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin I thought the thread is about some rocket science or engineering or programming. Ordinary fix bulb carry tech savvy grin grin grin grin grin Lmvfao.

Well anything electricity, count me out. I'm yet to get over the electric shock I experienced as a teen grin. I will change over if I am convinced that the fuse is not malfunctioning with that I will use the turning stick self. angry I hate switching on Gen because I'm fragile.No key, no gen.
Okay, I didn't give up on fixing the bulb even though I fell once. I try... I'm getting there.🤧🤧. I'm not Electrician savvy grin
My dear I ran in here excited to see the groundbreaking tech feats and discoveries achieved by our XY chromosome having neighbours only to see clowns cheering themselves on for switching on light

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Kaymicheal852: 10:51am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

No one is stopping you from surviving. It would even be nice if you guys can stay without women and reduce this daily whining.

But women can't stay without us ,we might need the cochie once In a while ,but every other women have it ,but women can't get what they need from every other men
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GodWrites: 11:07am On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The year is almost half gone and you still reason like one with screws loose in his head? please endeavor to get a book on logical/critical reasoning/thinking so you can grow your mind and as such become able to logically analyze your decisions, and the world around you, including your relationships for yourself. I recommend the book being logical but any other text that you are more comfortable with will work too. the key is to put into regular(continuous) practice what you learn so you become a more logical being than you are today. undecided

I think you should take your advice.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Brownshoe: 11:30am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Travel to your family house? Once again, rest!!
Naso!
will you stop arguing enumerately like mountain excavatorian lost membrane.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 11:32am On May 13, 2023
ibkayee:

My dear I ran in here excited to see the groundbreaking tech feats and discoveries achieved by our XY chromosome having neighbours only to see clowns cheering themselves on for switching on light
Lol, Poco's post brought me here, when I saw the topic I came prepared to defend it with examples of Nigerian and Nairaland ladies I know that are into engineering, programming etc only to meet fixing bulb and change over. grin grin

Lemme go and learn how to change over properly so I can be "certified" as tech savvy grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

That was how one spent minutes arguing with me that my car is a V4. Emphasis on the VEE. He thought I am his gf that is not "technically savvy" and all efforts to let him know that both my car and his own are not VEEs proved abortive.

Technically savvy and you will think they are dismantling diesel engines or computer systems. Bulb that our fathers changed for years and nobody called village meeting. E reach these U-35 turn and grammar enter am. Even the tech sef, Indians done dey do am since 1600. The moment wey Naija men enter am, everywhere tech tech, you go think say na them start microsoft.
Good thing you know your onions on cars, who knows someone like me might have been misinformed sha. grin but it's how they generalize and think every woman the same that should be worked on. Lol he should go and do his research although I doubt he would be back to tell you you are right. ;

Nigerian men are loud, U-35 guys talk too much. Just a little discovery they start shouting up and down , something men of other nations have moved on from.
I'm still shocked to know all the grammar is about "change over" .

And who are the ladies that date these kids who don't think twice to throw women under the bus for simple flaws? 🤷 This isn't even a flaw, she wasn't trained for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 13, 2023
folake4u:

Na wa oh. E be like say my own worse cos I nor fit change over, fix bulb, switch generator on, or fix gas cylinder. embarassed

Lol so I'm more savvy than you grin grin

Don't worry nah twitter your own matter dey go. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by tuzle(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Exactly. It starts from the home which points back to gender roles/expectations. In our service year, my dad made my brother take two professional courses for his field. My dad is a girl child lover, but he found himself doing this. He also got my brother a laptop, but I got my first laptop myself.

Any small thing they open thread and start arguing the known. Yea right. The women in my family also dismatle car engines. Men need to do better indeed. They think it is sweet being with a woman that knows it all? Wetin you go come use feel like a man? E dey sweet to talk na. One shouldn't be too clueless on these things, but they are what makes us dependent on our partners and keeps us going. If not... otilo!
my mum or dad didn't teach me some of the things I know now, for example when I was small if the person that do service our gen comes around, I use to observe him. Also I guys are more curious when it comes to technology stuff than girls. If they buy toy car for us then most of us will destroy it and want to see what is making it move and even try to recreate what we see,, but females don't just like things like that.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GloriousGbola: 12:15pm On May 13, 2023
ibkayee:

wii u kip kwaiet

britico babe

how can you know what changeover, generator or even engine oil is anyway ?
na you guy sukkot wey don acquaint himself with all those

trying to imagine sukkots first bout with filling generator with petrol, staring it, restarting it, and then switching over from gen to nepa in the pouring rain. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 1Sharon(f): 12:15pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Na their way na. Once they cook noodles, you won't hear the last of it. The chest beating would start. Na why as a woman I have never been freaked about a man that can cook . I no need his ONGA cooking for anything. Provide and leave that nonsense food you are cooking

So true. They claim to cook but na rubbish them dey make

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 1Sharon(f): 12:20pm On May 13, 2023
tuzle:
my mum or dad didn't teach me some of the things I know now, for example when I was small if the person that do service our gen comes around, I use to observe him. Also I guys are more curious when it comes to technology stuff than girls. If they buy toy car for us then most of us will destroy it and want to see what is making it move and even try to recreate what we see,, but females don't just like things like that.

Men and women are different.

It's the same way you men aren't interested in child rearing, sewing, domestication, barbie dolls, fashion.

Men are good with things. Women are good with people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by ibkayee(f): 12:21pm On May 13, 2023
GloriousGbola:

wii u kip kwaiet

britico babe

how can you know what changeover, generator or even engine oil is anyway ?
na you guy sukkot wey don acquaint himself with all those

trying to imagine sukkots first bout with filling generator with petrol, staring it, restarting it, and then switching over from gen to nepa in the pouring rain. cheesy
Sukkot dey are dragging you oooo mayne 😂
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 12:25pm On May 13, 2023
Persephone1:
Good thing you know your onions on cars, who knows someone like me might have been misinformed sha. grin but it's how they generalize and think every woman the same that should be worked on. Lol he should go and do his research although I doubt he would be back to tell you you are right. ;

Nigerian men are loud, U-35 guys talk too much. Just a little discovery they start shouting up and down , something men of other nations have moved on from.
I'm still shocked to know all the grammar is about "change over" .

And who are the ladies that date these kids who don't think twice to throw women under the bus for simple flaws? 🤷 This isn't even a flaw, she wasn't trained for it.

Na why I like ancestors be this. Do your part as a woman, they do their own as a man. No time for nonsense talk. I can't imagine losing my man and having to deal with these talkatives. Which one be say you sabi cook? I tell you to cook? Instead make you go hustle, you wan dey house dey cook for me.

The number of times I have shown my man how to do some things considered feminine and e still no do am. Na me teach am how to cook good meals when we started. It as simple as showing them. No be everything suppose start fight.

The moment a man starts whining about how he can cook, my sister just block am. He is akin to a woman that whines about providing for herself. You can hardly get good masculine/feminine energy from them. Everytime chochocho. Na them dey ask what are you bringing to the table. You can never please them. Just BLOCK and find you a man that doesn't expect you to drive an armour tank.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by poshestmina(f): 12:27pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

You are right. Most Nigerian men can cook shege. My brother and father are currently cooking moi moi. When they are done, they will do agidi jollof and okpa.

grin grin.
Poco, please na 😂.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 12:42pm On May 13, 2023
1Sharon:

So true. They claim to cook but na rubbish them dey make

I no blame them. Na as women come follow them dey argue nonsense on cooking and cleaning, na why they feel they can now brag with noodles. Way back men were silent and only open their mouths to talk on important things. This generation of men do not mind to wear boxers and dance awilo logomba at bus stops. Mention provision and cry would start. Kai!

poshestmina:

grin grin.
Poco, please na 😂.

Make we dey play na.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Sixfeetbelle: 12:49pm On May 13, 2023
brain54:

You said the guy doesn’t have a point…

You then went on to contradict yourself by giving reasons why he does.

The reasons may be numerous and diverse. But it doesn’t change the fact that only a few women are into or even interested in these things.

The number of women might be on the increase also but still doesn’t change the fact that fewer women can change a bulb for instance!

I didn't contradict myself. I only explained why this is so. Society made it "a man's job". That's why. There's no other reason behind it. The minute it stops being a man's job, more women will do it.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Sixfeetbelle: 1:05pm On May 13, 2023
ibkayee:

Switching bulbs of all things. Imagine.

Most especially now that we have more of the "pin" bulb types and less of the screw ones around.

Nigerian men need to stop disgracing themselves abeg.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Great0ne1: 1:07pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Oga rest.
I cook, clean, service my gen, work, know and handle my car. If they put me and you for road, you fit no see brake light normally. But I am not the majority. You are just 1 in 100. Most men are not as home skilled as women. Rest! Chochocho!! My brother this, my grandfather that.

I wonder what you guys gain arguing open and shut cases.
Talk talk pocohantas. Zu kwanu ike
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by GloriousGbola: 1:12pm On May 13, 2023
Nigerian men themselves are not tech savvy. That is why we don't really have hardware stores the way you do in the West. Also why there is so much fraud/misrepresentation in sales of items.

Also why 99% of house repairs are directly outsourced to artisans and not handled by 'tech savvy' Nigerian men

How many of the self described tech savvy men have toolboxes in their homes? Or spare boxes of nails clips, wires, etc?

Let us not lie to ourselves. Even our artisans are not particularly smart - which is why they trial and error rather than diagnose.

I have had some convos with self described experts who are too mentally lazy to even research a problem.

Yesterday I had a heated argument with my generator guy who was rethreading a part of the gen for the third time. I asked him if he was using the right spec of pipe, if the thread kept wearing out every two weeks.

Let us not over lie to ourselves

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 1:23pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Na why I like ancestors be this. Do your part as a woman, they do their own as a man. No time for nonsense talk. I can't imagine losing my man and having to deal with these talkatives. Which one be say you sabi cook? I tell you to cook? Instead make you go hustle, you wan dey house dey cook for me.

The number of times I have shown my man how to do some things considered feminine and e still no do am. Na me teach am how to cook good meals when we started. It as simple as showing them. No be everything suppose start fight.

The moment a man starts whining about how he can cook, my sister just block am. He is akin to a woman that whines about providing for herself. You can hardly get good masculine/feminine energy from them. Everytime chochocho. Na them dey ask what are you bringing to the table. You can never please them. Just BLOCK and find you a man that doesn't expect you to drive an armour tank.
I tried so much not to respond to you sha but the things you said here compelled me to do so, now let me use myself as an example. I love technology so much, but at the same time I also love doing so of the things you girls do such as: playing with kids, doing house chores, cooking and all that. I'm that kind of person who feels one should learn to do everything he can possibly do because you don't really know when you might be in need of one. So I believe it's all about teaching the other person, do you know one of the things that influenced my decision not to be involved in an 8-5 job is just so that I could have enough time with my wife and kids? Although I'm not even married yet but I already feel this is very important. The world is changing, no trend stays the same forever. If your man doesn't know how to cook buy him tutorial books or YouTube videos that teaches it. You won't always be around to take care of him and the kids.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Oyindamolah: 1:24pm On May 13, 2023
Hire them and promote them. I had one manager that was particularly comfortable around women. He hired 4 female engineers in a group of 12 engineers. I have never in my life worked with 3 other female engineers, even in much larger groups, because there are always so few women. So it was really cool to be around all these smart women.

He just did it. No hoopla. No "Oh that might be a stretch for us". No "We just can't find good women". No "Well, we want someone like her, but just not her." No worries that management might frown upon it or at least comment how unusual it was or tease him or make inappropriate comments or other employees might strongly object. This guy was a VP, so he quite definitely had more power than a regular manager.

He found good women. He hired them. Done.

It really did not look hard at all.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:43pm On May 13, 2023
I can see this beautiful thread that tends to voice out gender imbalance in simple survival home skills in terms of technical know how has been hijacked by nairaland feminists.

Fortunately, we still have the few wife materials here who agreed with the op that it's true that some women are clueless in technology but the multiple body count, heartbroken and evening newspaper feminists will always display themselves at any little opportunity

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by brain54(m): 1:55pm On May 13, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

I didn't contradict myself. I only explained why this is so. Society made it "a man's job". That's why. There's no other reason behind it. The minute it stops being a man's job, more women will do it.
My sister…

I do not understand what you mean by it being a man’s job. I am even more confused by you saying the minute it stops being a man’s job. Like there is some law prohibiting women from doing it?

I mean this is the age of feminism, gender equality e.t.c the least women can do is change a bulb or put on the generator when there is power out age.

Now I am not for all the gender war and all… I think it’s weird.

What I am saying is that these things might be deeper than what it really is on the surface.

Not just gender role playing!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by pocohantas(f): 2:02pm On May 13, 2023
23jerryking:
I tried so much not to respond to you sha but the things you said here compelled me to do so, now let me use myself as an example. I love technology so much, but at the same time I also love doing so of the things you girls do such as: playing with kids, doing house chores, cooking and all that. I'm that kind of person who feels one should learn to do everything he can possibly do because you don't really know when you might be in need of one. So I believe it's all about teaching the other person, do you know one of the things that influenced my decision not to be involved in an 8-5 job is just so that I could have enough time with my wife and kids? Although I'm not even married yet but I already feel this is very important. The world is changing, no trend stays the same forever. If your man doesn't know how to cook buy him tutorial books or YouTube videos that teaches it. You won't always be around to take care of him and the kids.

I am genuinely impressed by your home skills, but I am not fixated on them as a DAILY EXPECTATION from my man. I think I have been quite upfront about this on Nairaland. If I am not around, you can do it for survival. If I am tired, you can help. However, it is not something you would use to block my ears and start expecting more from me. I am afraid I can't give you MORE. No be me send you to wash plate and fry plantain. If you can do it without whining, perfect. But I have never seen one man or woman that does more of their partner's duty without whining or becoming TOXIC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

Stop that imagination biko, it's not easy out there o . May we not move from " where should we settle " to "what are you putting on" 😄😄
It's nice when a traditional man meets a traditional woman without any trying to"change" the other. And when two modern people who are not bothered with swapping roles meet, it is great too. The goal is to be on the same page and make life better for each other.

Naturally I don't like people who talk a lot much while I may excuse it in women it is a complete turn off for me when a guy talks or complain too much cheesy . I can't last a moment with a nag, my friends knows once I sigh and ask "what do you want" it means I am a minute away from shutting them out. grin . Na why I dey fear settling down with all these guys wey go dey chochocho everytime. These ones will frustrate someone, nah them type dey do surveillance for meat inside pot. I can't deal . My Peace is very important to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by 23jerryking(m): 2:36pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:

I am genuinely impressed by your home skills, but I am not fixated on them as a DAILY EXPECTATION from my man. I think I have been quite upfront about this on Nairaland. If I am not around, you can do it for survival. If I am tired, you can help. However, it is not something you would use to block my ears and start expecting more from me. I am afraid I can't give you MORE. No be me send you to wash plate and fry plantain. If you can do it without whining, perfect. But I have never seen one man or woman that does more of their partner's duty without whining or becoming TOXIC.
You mean am? I really don't see the need whinning over anything honestly. You're a helpmeet for crying out loud, I think Africans generally have this issue. A man helps collect water or bath the kids for his tired wife and the next thing Nigerians would say is "he's in the wife's pocket". This is absolute rubbish as far as am concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by MasterJayJay: 2:55pm On May 13, 2023
Oyindamolah:
Change the circle of friends you roll with.
I repairs phone did my training at easyfix
Intern at Tech4mat
I service my generator
Worked on my bad TV
Thanks to YouTube
Change which circle? Comprehension is very key.
The op said 'MOST'. Are you part of the most or minority?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Oyindamolah: 2:57pm On May 13, 2023
undecided
MasterJayJay:

Change which circle? Comprehension is very key.
The op said 'MOST'. Are you part of the most or minority?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 13, 2023
kkins25:

This is what they are talking about na😂😂😂😂😂... I was saving laugh for tomorrow. 😒😒
Ermmmm It's not a crime nah is it? 🤷 Anyone who is genuinely curious as to why an occurrence happens will do a self question and answer then research. If the question remain unanswered then he or she can throw it out to the public in a non provocative manner. This is how objective topics and sane deliberations are made. If op had settle to answer the topic himself, he would have realized the simple answer which is Africans didn't manufacture his beloved bulbs, change over and other electrical jargons. When these things came in, men were made to learn about and use them first.
A sane mind would go further to examine what goes on in homes where these "Nigerian ladies" are raise. I believe op is part of a family , he should know some things are peculiar with male and female children. But no! Like the ever shallow lots they are , he's here degrading women at large.
I know two men that can't kill a fowl but I can, does that make them less ? No. They just can't handle it. Should I go on to create a thread that Nigerian men are not "butchering savvy" grin .
Personal Interest plays a role too.

Can you knit,bead or style hair?Do we have men good at this? Yes . There are popular male gele stylist and make up artist who are cashing out big in Lagos. Even though it is a woman's craft but men learnt it and they are earning big from it.

Op and his ilks should let women be. If he teach him babe how to change over, she won't stay in the dark next time.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by obinna58(m): 3:08pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:
The same reason most men can't cook or manage a kitchen/home effectively - GENDER ROLES. Any small thing women do, you guys would run to create thread and act like it is the worst thing to happen.

Growing up the guy watches his dad fix gen and change bulbs. The girl watches her mum cook.

The only oppportunity most ladies would have to learn these things is while living alone and again most do not like to live alone because of the belief it would scare "husbands" away. They would still go on not to acquire properties since they would most likely end up with a man that has these things. It is from father's house to husband house.

These core life and home management skills are picked up when alone. Ladies should embrace them. If I don't want to change my tyres or generator plug, it is because I don't want to. Not because I don't know how to.

Our girls are poor in technology indeed. You will think it is a NASA member typing.
All men can cook
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Girls Not Technically Savvy? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 13, 2023
pocohantas:
The same reason most men can't cook or manage a kitchen/home effectively - GENDER ROLES. Any small thing women do, you guys would run to create thread and act like it is the worst thing to happen.

Growing up the guy watches his dad fix gen and change bulbs. The girl watches her mum cook.

The only oppportunity most ladies would have to learn these things is while living alone and again most do not like to live alone because of the belief it would scare "husbands" away. They would still go on not to acquire properties since they would most likely end up with a man that has these things. It is from father's house to husband house.

These core life and home management skills are picked up when alone. Ladies should embrace them. If I don't want to change my tyres or generator plug, it is because I don't want to. Not because I don't know how to.

Our girls are poor in technology indeed. You will think it is a NASA member typing.

Currently on the front page. One man get electrocuted doing this type of work. And you expect female to do it. Don't mind them. No need to force yourself do waiting u no fit do. Some of dem think na easy job.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: / Naija Girls Are You This Desperate (pictures) / I Will Hold You In My Heart Until I Can Hold You In My Arms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.