Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today (41731 Views)

Adeboye Allegedly Ask Pastor To Resign Amidst Wigwe’s Death Sandal / Odumeje Is My Guy, He Is Not My Pastor-Micheal Zubby / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by sacajawea: 10:27pm On May 18, 2023
I'm already very Angry reading it from here halfway through
Of Na me, I will beat her, slap her, then give her hot doggy if possible!
Rubbish! Fvcking annoying bitch!! 🖕🏽
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 18, 2023
Those who always tease you about marriage and want you to get married in time actually like you, and want the best for you.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by ChuksHills(m): 10:29pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

You seriously don't have sense

Thank you!
If you aren't ready for marriage let that girl go stop being a hinderance to her six years is too much.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by sacajawea: 10:32pm On May 18, 2023
ajalawole:
anyone thati run loan with Bendigo Australia bank. I need help
Wtf is Bendigo Australia Bank??!
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:34pm On May 18, 2023
tpraiz:

Bro your story is really inspiring (I mean the part where your side hustle can generate atleast 500k monthly)
I am also in similar stage as you, please can you introduce me to your line of business??

Thanks.

First I have two POS stands, one is the first one I opened in my fiancee's mom's shop that she was helping me with before she went to school. Her younger bro has taken over and in his absense my fiancee's mom helps me do the transaction If she is around.

I get a minimum of 5k daily from it.

The second POS location is in Ladipo Market, that is my major source because daily I make 15 to 20k from it. It's really lucrative and I have someone managing it for me and we split base on percentage (she takes 30% and I take 70%) from any profit made weekly.

The second source of income is Bolt. I have a Toyota matrix that is registered on Bolt and the driver remits 30k weekly while we split maintenance 40/60.

Third source is marketing my friend's product (peanut production).
It's a marketing strategy I wouldn't want to reveal just yet because I am growing in it. That fetches me like 10 to 20k daily

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Okiton: 10:34pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:
So today I had to call my resident pastor to order.

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Once any member marries you will hear bro sososo we are waiting ooooo.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

Sometimes she goes as far as introducing a sister in the church to me.

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned
that's a good one bro
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Beolly(m): 10:36pm On May 18, 2023
Seagodess:
Are you guys staying clean? No sex.. no kisses no touches? If yes

No wahala. but with All UV said,,as beautiful as it is in the eyes of men.. if you doing immoral things with her..God doesn't know u.. you belong to the devil..
Religious hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Sunshine34(m): 10:36pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86

I am a 30yrs old guy and in a relationship with a lovely lady of 25. It's been 6 good years together building and improving ourselves.

I come from a family where nobody mounts pressure on anybody especially on marriage issue. My parents are so liberal that they trust our judgements and allow us to marry from anywhere we find love despite fact that we are igbos.

I and my fiancee have been through different stages of life because she was 19 when we met, I was a dead broke ass graduate then without a job and still going from one interview to the other. I was so broke that my young fiancee then was the one giving me money to go for the interviews (she was running her mom's store then). Aside that she would bring food and sometimes get me clothes. When I say I was broke, I mean totally broke

God did it I secured a job of 60k a month and a year later got a more improved job of 100k. I don't drink and don't spend recklessly, I was able to save and began a POS business which my fiancee 20yrs as at then was running for me in her mom's store while I was working. To Cut long story short, my fiancee is in her 300L now in school while I have ventured into other business and I can say I make about 500k monthly combined.

On reason why I caution my pastor, in church I am one of the youth leaders and a key figure and most of my friends or mate in the ministry are married and my resident pastor took it upon herself to always use me for jokes or call my name from the alter to go and marry.

You'd here bro sososo go and marry and the congregation will laugh, during meeting you will hear word like don't be like bro sososo who wants to become a grandpa bachelor.

Like I don't find that funny, she is mounting unnecessary pressure on me which I don't like. Will she be the one to take care of my family?

So today I had enough, called her after service and told her my mind. I know she will feel disappointed but for my mental health I needed to put a stop to that rubbish.

My friends in church are married and to be sincere they look like shadow of themselves.

My fiancee is in school, she was there with me during tough times, she built and grew with me and even in school she is also learning a trade and preparing for life after school. We agreed to marry immediately after she graduates (next year) and so far everything is going as planned

Pls be calming down.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by AngelicBeing: 10:38pm On May 18, 2023
sad
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:39pm On May 18, 2023
Gospel2Day:

You're an insincere and dishonest person.
So, why did you keep your relationship from your pastor, if truly it was God Who led you to your fiancée?
You don't trust your pastor enough to introduce your fiancée to him or her, and you think such a pastor can lead you to heaven?

I expected this from you. Being a pastor doesn't give her access to my personal life.

I want to be private just like my fiancee wants. When time is right she will be introduced to it

I have told her that I am in a relationship and she should respect that and stop forcing marriage on me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Leemekzy: 10:41pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:
I have already dictated a lie in this story.

Lemme observe and you others who will

Was POS popular six years ago?

OP suffery dey lie

Yes 2017 the was pos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:41pm On May 18, 2023
Paramount01:

Let me give you a brotherly advice,I was in your show few years ago,i was of your age doing well and i was also asked the same question

I thought tge man of God was putting pressure on me but the fact still remains that as a pastor you are to be committed to the growth of all your members,indeed it looks like pressure on you but she is trying to avoid you from making mistakes. A lot of girls will be even fighting over you because you are financially ready, so the pastor telling h you to get married untim knows what she is saying

Take your fincaee to her and introduced her to her then you will ssd she will quite on it.Make hale while sunshine

I quite understand but my fiancee is a student. I have told her several times that I am in a relationship so why wouldn't she stop? When time is right I will introduce them to each other.

As for girls rushing me, forget it, I don't have that time. They know that and they don't cross boundaries

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Tompson88: 10:42pm On May 18, 2023
Yes,annoying and frustrating
Saviola86:

I just wish people will stop getting involved in other people's life. It's annoying
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Leemekzy: 10:43pm On May 18, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

sharp guy, u quick know

Nothing like sharp guy. Pos came out 2015 which was 8 years ago

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Godwin25king: 10:47pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

Normal we know, but just playing along.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Keneeby(m): 10:49pm On May 18, 2023
That was how my pastor's wife used to pressurized me to marry, until I talk hard on her and she stopped. They may know what you're going through. You've done well bro.

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by 8stargeneral: 10:51pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
i observed it too...but i lay calm...make i finish his story first grin
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by geoworldedu: 10:57pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

The wife being 20 means it was five years ago and not six as you wrongly calculated. She was 19 when they started dating. Yes POS business has begun five years ago. Even if it is not rampant, people do it then. So what's your point?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Saviola86: 10:57pm On May 18, 2023
ChuksHills:

Thank you!
If you aren't ready for marriage let that girl go stop being a hinderance to her six years is too much.

See why I said you don't have sense.

What makes you think she is desperate for marriage?

I am fully ready but she is heading to her final year. We both agreed to wait till she rounds off before marriage and that's what we have been steadfast on

Every member of my family and her family, down to extended members are aware. The mom is even my gist mate, the dad sometimes we speak on phone, the siblings are good with me.

We are definitely going to be man and wife immediately she drops pen.

3 Likes

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by 8stargeneral: 11:00pm On May 18, 2023
You did well..marry anytime you like
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by naijapikin2(m): 11:01pm On May 18, 2023
I am married and I can tell you with full assurance that the time you are delaying is worth it. Some of us wish we had delayed a bit. Some girls are wishing they are married and some married are wishing they are single. Brother take your time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Bobxin: 11:02pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie
I don't think so
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by PeachtreeReside(f): 11:03pm On May 18, 2023
Lolz
He would tell of one brother he advised and won't take his advice.

You are an adult who knows the best for himself do don't let a MOG bully you.

Your mental health matters greatly.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Beolly(m): 11:04pm On May 18, 2023
forexprophet:
You are an idiot.... See who they are trying to help.... Mummys boy... Don't marry naah.... I bet you some body will collect her soon

Rubbish

Can you read what you just wrote again? Does it make any sense to you? I'm sure you are one of those who got married in order to conform with what the society dictates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by mechanics(m): 11:08pm On May 18, 2023
But you should spoken to her in a polite way, it's wrong for her to be using your name to preach.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Beolly(m): 11:13pm On May 18, 2023
Gospel2Day:
You're both emotionally weak and disrespectful to your church leader.
The question I'd like to ask you is that did you explain what you wrote above to her?
Did you inform her you plan to get married next year?
You have kept your relationship secret from your pastor and was angry they're mounting pressure on you.
What kind of a church you attend where you cannot confide your relationship affairs secrets to your pastor?
The last question I'd like to ask you is that have you been having sex with the lady you're courting?
All I can see from your write up is that you're NOT a loyal and open disciple of Christ in your local church.
Your life is too secretive that even your pastor cannot stand up for you, if people are mounting pressure on you to marry because you had explained everything going on to her.
Lastly, what kind of church appointed and ordained a woman as a pastor?
You're NOT attending a biblical New Testament local church.
You may need to recheck if you're truly born again.
I said that because you're NOT truly submissive to your church leadership.
So because he decided to attend a particular church he should open about his relationship and all his dealings to the church?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by kabanayol9(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

Good as you have cautioned her, wait for her as you have decided, let her prepare for life after school and also continue to upgrade yourself too
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Komu1048(m): 11:22pm On May 18, 2023
xpressionx:

OP suffery dey lie

6yrs ago was 2017 n yeah, pOS business was common but not as of today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by DJBIGGY(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

She has never had a one on one discussion with me except via chat when she invited me for a program.

My relationship has been a private one, like very quiet, we don't post anything on social media. Only close friends and both families and neighbors know we are dating and the period we have been together.

She has attended my church several occasions before she gained admission but they thought she was just one of those invitees I try to convert to the church.

I am really a busy person and my routine is always from work to house and I sleep, Sunday after service and leaders meeting I just go straight home so many of them think I am single and not interested in a relationship.

For the resident pastor, on two occasions she has asked me on whatsapp and have told her I am in a long relationship but I don't know why she keeps making that joke or think it's not a serious relationship

Baba! Since the pastor is a female. Go and check well, she's crushing on you low key. She doesn't know how to express it so she's subtly throwing jabs at you, hoping one day you confront her and she schemes her way into your life

1 Like

Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by Obrigardo: 11:41pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

I'm sorry to say this..
Actually, not sorry
Your pastor is a fake, a scam, a trash.
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by yom2(m): 11:46pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

but if u say u are 30 u are still very young so why the pressure? We are not in 1960s its a different scenario right now?:
Re: I Cautioned My Pastor To Stop Mounting Marriage Pressure On Today by yom2(m): 11:49pm On May 18, 2023
Saviola86:

anyway such topic is the Alfa and omega for female folks so u should not blame her. She's just being female

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / UK Govt Shuts Down Tobi Adegboyega’s SPAC Nation Over £1.9 Million Fraud / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.