Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore (55982 Views)

Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 12:31pm On May 24, 2023
This is monorail station it’s reminds me of former governor of River state Chibuike Amaechi Monorail in River state grin

20 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 12:35pm On May 24, 2023
More pictures

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 1:28pm On May 24, 2023
So my friend told me of this free bear distribution going on, we decided to check it out, we got there OMO see queue wink
A new bear product and The requirements you have to follow them on instagram

22 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 2:29am On May 25, 2023
More pictures universal studios and Popular road known as orchard where you can get designer wears

14 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 10:01am On May 25, 2023
Now doing my shopping as I will soon return back to my dear country. This is a popular shopping area for gift back home

18 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by bukitt: 4:26pm On May 25, 2023
Durian.

HRprof:
After eating I branch at fruits shop to buy fruits. I don’t know the name of the fruit but test nice

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 5:04am On May 26, 2023
You can only see clean cars in Singapore. Three year’s maximum use of car in Singapore

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Thegamingorca(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2023
HRprof:
Street view near my hotel

Person park Bentley behind bus grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 8:48am On May 26, 2023
Thegamingorca:

Person park Bentley behind bus grin
Where he supposed park am

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 8:49am On May 26, 2023
Fine structure

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 10:06am On May 26, 2023
More pictures

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Limassol(m): 11:52am On May 27, 2023
Great pics. Thank you for taking your time to share your adventures with us.

Wish you a safe returning trip.

15 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 3:29am On May 28, 2023
Limassol:
Great pics. Thank you for taking your time to share your adventures with us.

Wish you a safe returning trip.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 3:59am On May 28, 2023
My last moment in Singapore, visiting the most attraction site at the airport known as the Jewel before boarding. A super beautiful waterfalls.

13 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 4:01am On May 28, 2023
More pictures

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 4:20am On May 28, 2023
Coming back to Nija
Home is home we must make it work. wink grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 4:23am On May 28, 2023
Luggage check in machines at the airport,

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 7:49am On May 28, 2023
My 10 take home from Singapore
1. Singapore is 100% safe

2. Cleanliness of the country is superb, in fact is so clean that your conscience will not allow you to drop a dirt on the street. Hotels and business areas are inspected by agency to ensure they are SG clean certified., some are given certificates of SG clean which they displayed at the reception,

3. CCTV cameras are everywhere

4. Prostitution is not allowed

5. Crime like drug trafficking and kidnapping is death sentence not negotiable

6. Singapore is expensive. I Interviewed a Singaporean guy who narrates the living conditions of the low income earners using himself as an example. He work 3 jobs and his total monthly income is 2k Singapore dollars which is almost same with USD his family stayed in Malaysia where his kid’s school because of cheap education, he visits them weekends. Many low income earners live in shared apartments 3 guys per room. Mind you this guy is not educated so he does menial jobs to survive.

7. Government monitors everybody bank transactions if you get more inflows than what you earn as monthly income you will be subject to questions.

8. At the food court a popular street food restaurant you must remove your tray to the dishwasher after eating or else you pay a fine.

9. When you mentioned you are from Africa what comes to their mind is South Africa. It happens that Singapore has kind of relationship with South Africa.

10. Lastly, if you are on tourist visa and overstayed you will be tracked down and deported no hidden place.

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by RoadMozart(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2023
HRprof:

2. Cleanliness of the country is superb, in fact is so clean that your conscience will not allow you to drop a dirt on the street. Hotels and business areas are inspected by agency to ensure they are SG clean certified., some are given certificates of SG clean which they displayed at the reception,

6. Singapore is expensive. I Interviewed a Singaporean guy who narrates the living conditions of the low income earners using himself as an example. He work 3 jobs and his total monthly income is 2k Singapore dollars which is almost same with USD his family stayed in Malaysia where his kid’s school because of cheap education, he visits them weekends. Many low income earners live in shared apartments 3 guys per room. Mind you this guy is not educated so he does menial jobs to survive.

7. Government monitors everybody bank transactions if you get more inflows than what you earn as monthly income you will be subject to questions.

8. At the food court a popular street food restaurant you must remove your tray to the dishwasher after eating or else you pay a fine.

9. When you mentioned you are from Africa what comes to their mind is South Africa. It happens that Singapore has kind of relationship with South Africa.

10. Lastly, if you are on tourist visa and overstayed you will be tracked down and deported no hidden place.
Welcome back home

11 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 10:29am On May 29, 2023
RoadMozart:

Welcome back home
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Ertugrul: 10:12am On May 31, 2023
Nice thread OP, i thoroughly enjoyed myself on this thread, and u are very beautiful

24 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Goodman247: 11:16am On May 31, 2023
Singapore is a very strict country

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Dre183(m): 11:17pm On May 31, 2023
Hope alcohol plenty there?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Goodman247:
Singapore is a very strict country
Yes that’s why you hardly see Africa’s settle there for hustling like they do in other countries

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dre183:
Hope alcohol plenty there?
I did not see much maybe because I’m not the alcohol type grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ertugrul:
Nice thread OP, i thoroughly enjoyed myself on this thread, and u are very beautiful
Thanks for your compliments

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by dapizl(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Hahaha, make she dey careful o. Enough said.

HRprof:
Move to a new hotel the customer service lady in the hotel was excited to see a Nigeria wink she told me she is currently dating a Nigerian guy she met online , planning to visit nigeria or bring the guy to Singapore but don’t know the process. The guy is from Asaba Delta state. We took a picture together she will forward to the guy. He might be a NairaLander wink anyways I let her know the process I came to Singapore

8 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by dapizl(m): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2023
Beautiful thread @HRprof. Very detailed and interesting. I would recommend it to anyone wishing to travel to Singapore, it's like the trip before the trip.

Seeing this, I think Singapore will be good for short stays. Doesn't strike me as a place where you'll want to stay more than 2 weeks.

HRprof:

11 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by dapizl(m): 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2023
A question about accommodation: Would you recommend Airbnb? And are there specific hotels that the Singapore immigration require for Visa issuance? Cos I have an agent who is telling me that I have to book a stay in a 4 or 5-star hotel as a prerequisite for visa. And these hotels are pretty expensive (minimum $240 per night or $160 sharing)

HRprof:
Move to a new hotel the customer service lady in the hotel was excited to see a Nigeria wink she told me she is currently dating a Nigerian guy she met online , planning to visit nigeria or bring the guy to Singapore but don’t know the process. The guy is from Asaba Delta state. We took a picture together she will forward to the guy. He might be a NairaLander wink anyways I let her know the process I came to Singapore
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Generalmerchant: 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2023
I just stumbled on this thread and was surprised to see that I was also in singapore within the same period. Haha. The country is very clean and beautiful as well. Thanks for sharing your experience.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello, Commuters Trapped In Deadlocked Traffic On Abuja-Lokoja Expressway / Lady Kicks Her Hubby Out Of His Own Home In UK After He Brought Her From Nigeria / The Typical Lagos Bus-Stops, On A Monday Morning (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.