Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore (55939 Views)

Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mkoabiola: 12:13am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:

Yes is a must to have someone in Singapore fill in reference form and invitation letter for your visa. Agent will charge you much to get that for you.

I work remotely with Singapore company as a representative in nigeria so my colleague write for me.
My concern how dd u land ds remote job jare
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Btruth: 12:17am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:

Yes
why keeping your face away from us? 🤷
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mkoabiola: 12:18am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:

Yes for Nigeria it my not applicable to other country visiting Singapore

I met with a Burundi lady she said she does not require any visa to visit Singapore she just book her flight down to Singapore I was surprised imagine Burundi. wink
Ordinary Burundi

Chai

Nigeria don suffer ooo. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Chingyyy878: 12:18am On Sep 09, 2023
emmaodet:

Sure bro. Sure

I just checked naija explorer for instagram, how your experience with them?
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by acorntree(m): 12:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Silentgroper:
lol .. yahoo boys that tells his client he's from Nigeria ,delta asaba..

it's either you're joking or you don't know how yahoo works
Joking!! You must be on cheap marijuana. It's 99% probably that the acclaimed boyfriend intention is to dupe the innocent girl . You think we don't how it goes in the banana republic where anything can happen.
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by emmaodet: 12:26am On Sep 09, 2023
Chingyyy878:

I just checked naija explorer for instagram, how your experience with them?

There Benin rep trip was awesome likewise Badagry slave museum and point of no return though I didn't enjoy their Lekki Canopy walk like that.
Check out foster too on Instagram. I did an all white boat cruise with them 2 months ago to takwa bay and it was really fun.
Travelwaka too is another good one. They even have a handle on nairaland.
Check their events on nairaland. I did omu resort with them and my family really enjoyed it.
Check out portable tours also. I did a yatch cruise with them last December. Live band onboard, 2 square meal, MC and DJ
Kayakinlagos organises kayaking, paint and sip, buffet and karaoke
Bro, the list long make I stop here

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mkoabiola: 12:29am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
Move to a new hotel the customer service lady in the hotel was excited to see a Nigeria wink she told me she is currently dating a Nigerian guy she met online , planning to visit nigeria or bring the guy to Singapore but don’t know the process. The guy is from Asaba Delta state. We took a picture together she will forward to the guy. He might be a NairaLander wink anyways I let her know the process I came to Singapore
Sharp guy don catch Singapore babe online. 😂 😂
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by melonsgroup: 12:45am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
Decided to work in the office today so that they will see me as a serious staff representing well grin
Nne please are you married?
Chat me up
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by melonsgroup: 12:48am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
Move to a new hotel the customer service lady in the hotel was excited to see a Nigeria wink she told me she is currently dating a Nigerian guy she met online , planning to visit nigeria or bring the guy to Singapore but don’t know the process. The guy is from Asaba Delta state. We took a picture together she will forward to the guy. He might be a NairaLander wink anyways I let her know the process I came to Singapore
Yes His name is Damn niggar SLAWOMIR..

If you know you know

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mkoabiola: 12:49am On Sep 09, 2023
Gerrard59:

Alcohol is available. East Asians drink a lot of alcohol, and it cuts across both genders. However, after a riot by mostly Indian labourers due to working conditions, the Singaporean government introduced a time limit when alcohol could be served in certain places. She also increased the tax on alcohol.

Yes, it is freakingly safe. The rules are rules. Everybody must follow it. Singapore does not bend its rules. However, I was chatting with a Singaporean doctor and told him the reason Singapore is safe is largely because of the rules. Because when compared to Japan which has rules too, but are largely culturally inspired, Japanese can behave the way they do even without any government law. But remove the laws in Singapore, and an increasing number of people will break them.

This is true. One of the cleanest cities on the planet.

Very true. You cannot hide from the government. E no dey possible.

Not true. I have asked this question twice, one to the doctor and two on a public page. The government legalises prostitution, but it comes with its rules and restriction. Sex workers are tested periodically, pay taxes and are confined to Geylang district.

Again, rules are rules in Singapore. I did not know no dey. Ignorance is no excuse.

Most likely a Malay Chinese or even Malay itself. Singapore is expensive to live in, which is why salaries are high, especially for citizens. Foreign talents as the government calls them are those with superior work experience and qualifications to augment certain skills gap in the economy. However, Indians in India have used a loophole in the trade agreement the Singaporean government signed with India to fill almost every position, including those blue Singaporeans (those who have been there since independence call themselves that name) can fill.

Ask Singaporeans, the Chinese ones, what they think about Indians in Changi Business Park. The Indians from India used the native Indian population to mask themselves and fill positions. The Chinese Singaporeans got angry and complained bitterly on social media platforms. They threatened to vote out the PAP (has been in power since 1965). The government had to revise some of the employment laws making it very hard for average or slightly above-average folks to be employed. There is the S and E pass. Another one is the ONEVisa Pass, but strictly for the top 1% of workers/business people. There is also the Tech Visa, but with strict conditions.

The cost of living is like Switzerland—even her universities, although world-class, are very expensive for foreigners. Most scholarships are allocated to citizens from neighbouring countries rather than far away, except a few from the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.

The "gahmen" monitors everything you do. Protests or rallies cannot be held unless applied two weeks before the date and must be at Hong Lim Park. The last time a protest against government policies was held was in 2013, when citizens campaigned against the White Paper plan to increase the population from 5 million to 6.9 million. Singapore has one of the lowest birthrates globally, but not as low as South Korea.

A tradition in East Asia.

I cannot think of any presently. But Singapore enjoys a good relationship with South Africa. To be fair though, South Africans tend to stick to the host country's laws. The spate of drug smuggling by Nigerians pre-2007 really vexed Singaporean elites. They really hate that stuff, especially if the smuggler's country is not a major trading partner. Lee Kuan Yew even mentioned Nigeria(ns) when addressing a journalist about the death penalty.

As a Nigerian with a Nigerian passport in Singapore, you will be treated differently from a South African or African American. For instance, few Indians from the mainland tend to misbehave, but the government is mindful of how they are treated due to trade relations with India and the native Indian population.

Rules are rules. I say it in Singapore's defence that the rules are so simple as ABC. If you don't like the rules, don't break them.

Sincere apologies for almost taking over your thread, but anytime I see anything related to Singapore, it ignites an interest in me. I have followed events in the country for ten years now. I know the politicians by their names, pictures, the universities they attended and courses they studied. Lee Hsien Loong, son of Lee Kuan Yew studied at Cambridge like his father. But he did Computer Science, not Law. Both made a double first class. The incoming prime minister is Lawerence Wong who grew up with a single mother. Recently retired from politics is Tharman Shanmugaratnam who I really admire. If he had not retired would have been the president - which is an appointed position rather than elective. You also have Josephine Teo who made a gaffe about public housing and Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister, who is a medical doctor. In Singapore, public officials earn very high salaries and are held to high standards. Teachers are well paid, but only the best and brightest are recruited to be teachers. Singapore does not employ foreigners to teach in public schools. I wept when Lee Kuan Yew died. He is the number one politician I revere. The second is Abe Shinzo.

Let me stop here for now.

Majulah Singapura!
U really polished d thread and it was more insightful with distinct knowledge of relevance..
I learnt alot

I had to read bumper to bumper

U av jus got a follower

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Chingyyy878: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2023
emmaodet:

There Benin rep trip was awesome likewise Badagry slave museum and point of no return though I didn't enjoy their Lekki Canopy walk like that.
Check out foster too on Instagram. I did an all white boat cruise with them 2 months ago to takwa bay and it was really fun.
Travelwaka too is another good one. They even have a handle on nairaland.
Check their events on nairaland. I did omu resort with them and my family really enjoyed it.
Check out portable tours also. I did a yatch cruise with them last December. Live band onboard, 2 square meal, MC and DJ
Kayakinlagos organises kayaking, paint and sip, buffet and karaoke
Bro, the list long make I stop here

Thanks bro, I go check them out.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by happney65: 12:57am On Sep 09, 2023
The home country of Lee Kuan Yew. The Man who turned Singapore into an Asian Tiger
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mkoabiola: 1:04am On Sep 09, 2023
PaulH07:

Your earlier write-ups made you almost seem like an illiterate to me.

So many grammatical blunders too much to ignore, but now I've seen that you're actually learned.

Although you other write-ups are beginning to look like that too.

Are you intentionally devaluing yourself by writing so poorly?
This is d only negative comment.
It shows ur kind of person and ill personality
She took hours of her precious time to upload and educate alot of people especially those that may be planning to migrate.
All u could see was her poor grammar

Mumu

12 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:58am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
Saw a man displaying his skill in front of a popular shopping mall

This should be somewhere around Orchard road......
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Ishilove: 2:25am On Sep 09, 2023
JaskanFactor:
Like Dubai after it, Singapore is an experiment by the European owners of the world.
The experiment they have for Nigeria is of a different kind, along the lines of terrorism, kidnapping and depopulation by all means.

So dont go to Singapore and think those people there worked so hard they built such a modern cosmopolitan metropolis.
They were allowed to, just like South Africa is the only nation in black Africa that is allowed to develop.

The European owners of the world choose who is allowed to have electricity , and who needs to be paying ransom to kidnappers and terrorists.
Just like in your house , you choose where to make nice and improve, and areas you want to close down and degrade.

Many dont know that after ww2 when japan had been reduced to rubble, there was talk of rebuilding Japan and many people complained at the time, that what about Africa, so the plan became to rebuild Asia and Africa. By the end of the project Companies like Toyota, sony etc were born out of the dust , and Africa got more military coups and everyday civil wars .

Life on enemy planet has daze like this, its no reason to move to Singapore, you wont escape the the hate no matter where you go, even amongst your own people who have been demoralised cause they think everything they touch turns to shit, not knowing who is actually behind it .

A powerfully European Professor who is one of those that instructs governments worldwide what to do once said, we cannot allow the third world to develop like the western world , cause that will create too many people using too much stuff, he continued to say, that will be like a plague of locust descending on the planet. That is why they have to make everywhere in black Africa except south Africa a depopulation area.

That is why in the face of truth, places like Singapore should really look ugly to the African eye, once you know the truth.

We have been in lock down for almost 1000 years. Paying for the sins of our arrogant fathers who used to be the Europeans until they were pushed out to southern African coast in 1492. And even in this suffer many niggers still acting arrogant looking to add to the sins for their descendants.

To African, Singapore is not a pretty place, its a place that shows all the things you can do, but not allowed to. Dont forget the founders of Europe are now called African and West Indian etc.
How Europe underdeveloped Africa, and how Africans continue to be complicit. We should also hold ourselves accountable for the sorry state of the continent and not put 100% blame at the doorsteps of the white man.

We started by selling our brothers into slavery to them for arms, jewelry and glass, and now we sell our resources and consciences to them for even higher amounts so please don't delude yourself into thinking the white man is the only devil here.

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by sarkinbauchi: 2:26am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
The current president of Singapore is a woman her name is Halima Yacob. Her picture and her husband

I think they have a new president-elect Tharman Shanmugaratnam, who will take office on 14 September 2023
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Nonywendy(m): 2:27am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
l notice a kind of tradition among restaurant customers mostly the street food restaurants when a customer finish eating is the customer’s responsibility to take away the place to the dishwasher. I saw a notice on the wall also dishwasher wearing a T-shirt written. Thank you for returning your stray
I pay to eat and also be fined if I don't remove the plate mysef?
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by okerekingsley90: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2023
melonsgroup:
Yes His name is Damn niggar SLAWOMIR..

If you know you know

grin grin
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by keeper303: 4:42am On Sep 09, 2023
emmaodet:

Yes. I joined some our/event/hangout groups on WhatsApp that upload their programs for the month.
One is organizing Lebanon for 1.5m now. 1 week including flight and accommodation. Omoh... See how people dey pay for this kind Tinubu time.
Walahi... poverty na Bastard
Others have house parties for the month, La campaign Tropicana, Benin rep by naija explorer etc

I am looking for a group like this. If it is not a close group, can you share the WhatsApp number with me? 09056074447
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by okerekingsley90: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
My 10 take home from Singapore
1. Singapore is 100% safe

2. Cleanliness of the country is superb, in fact is so clean that your conscience will not allow you to drop a dirt on the street. Hotels and business areas are inspected by agency to ensure they are SG clean certified., some are given certificates of SG clean which they displayed at the reception,

3. CCTV cameras are everywhere

4. Prostitution is not allowed

5. Crime like drug trafficking and kidnapping is death sentence not negotiable

6. Singapore is expensive. I Interviewed a Singaporean guy who narrates the living conditions of the low income earners using himself as an example. He work 3 jobs and his total monthly income is 2k Singapore dollars which is almost same with USD his family stayed in Malaysia where his kid’s school because of cheap education, he visits them weekends. Many low income earners live in shared apartments 3 guys per room. Mind you this guy is not educated so he does menial jobs to survive.

7. Government monitors everybody bank transactions if you get more inflows than what you earn as monthly income you will be subject to questions.

8. At the food court a popular street food restaurant you must remove your tray to the dishwasher after eating or else you pay a fine.

9. When you mentioned you are from Africa what comes to their mind is South Africa. It happens that Singapore has kind of relationship with South Africa.

10. Lastly, if you are on tourist visa and overstayed you will be tracked down and deported no hidden place.

Nigeria has a very long way to go!!!!!
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Dshocker(m): 5:27am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
This is the type of car you will see in Singapore. All card I have seen so far look brand new

But these cars are far below 3yrs
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Dshocker(m): 5:40am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:

Awon Elon Musk Boys(yahoo yahoo boys)
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Chido2020: 5:44am On Sep 09, 2023
Enjoy your moment and stay.
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by emmaodet: 5:51am On Sep 09, 2023
JaskanFactor:
Like Dubai after it, Singapore is an experiment by the European owners of the world.
The experiment they have for Nigeria is of a different kind, along the lines of terrorism, kidnapping and depopulation by all means.

So dont go to Singapore and think those people there worked so hard they built such a modern cosmopolitan metropolis.
They were allowed to, just like South Africa is the only nation in black Africa that is allowed to develop.

The European owners of the world choose who is allowed to have electricity , and who needs to be paying ransom to kidnappers and terrorists.
Just like in your house , you choose where to make nice and improve, and areas you want to close down and degrade.

Many dont know that after ww2 when japan had been reduced to rubble, there was talk of rebuilding Japan and many people complained at the time, that what about Africa, so the plan became to rebuild Asia and Africa. By the end of the project Companies like Toyota, sony etc were born out of the dust , and Africa got more military coups and everyday civil wars .

Life on enemy planet has daze like this, its no reason to move to Singapore, you wont escape the the hate no matter where you go, even amongst your own people who have been demoralised cause they think everything they touch turns to shit, not knowing who is actually behind it .

A powerfully European Professor who is one of those that instructs governments worldwide what to do once said, we cannot allow the third world to develop like the western world , cause that will create too many people using too much stuff, he continued to say, that will be like a plague of locust descending on the planet. That is why they have to make everywhere in black Africa except south Africa a depopulation area.

That is why in the face of truth, places like Singapore should really look ugly to the African eye, once you know the truth.

We have been in lock down for almost 1000 years. Paying for the sins of our arrogant fathers who used to be the Europeans until they were pushed out to southern African coast in 1492. And even in this suffer many niggers still acting arrogant looking to add to the sins for their descendants.

To African, Singapore is not a pretty place, its a place that shows all the things you can do, but not allowed to. Dont forget the founders of Europe are now called African and West Indian etc.

Waooooooo

I always like your inputs on international politics
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by emmaodet: 5:52am On Sep 09, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Thanks bro, I go check them out.

Uwc bro
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by emmaodet: 5:55am On Sep 09, 2023
keeper303:

I am looking for a group like this. If it is not a close group, can you share the WhatsApp number with me? 09056074447

Check them out on Instagram and contact them or join their WhatsApp group from there.
The names are but not limited to -
Foster tours
Naija explorer
Travelwaka
Kayakinlagos
Kollatunez tours .... This is a good one too
Portable tours

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Plight21(f): 6:13am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
There are rules in Singapore that blow my mind

- shewing gum in public. Is prohibited
- feeding pigeons in public is prohibited
The above is to keep Singapore clean as the cleanest country in the world

Singapore is still using right hand wheel car and only the rich own a car because their government wants to discourage citizens from populating the city with cars and encourage then go by public transport therefore set a rule that your car should not be older than three years meaning you must change your car every three year to a brand new.
The country No send their citizens wink

You're right, ma'am...

I've heard that before that chewing gum is prohibited in Singapore and it's one of the cleanest country in the world.

But my question is, do you've any idea about study visa since you said you hardly see Africans there...
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by skj1377(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2023
Call me on your next trip for a more involved trip
HRprof:
My trip to Singapore

As promised to share my trip experience I arrived Singapore from Lagos yesterday

Let me first start with the information on how I got my visa for others to learn. Meanwhile some of the information regarding visa I got them in this forum and also on the Singapore visa site online.
I Arranged my documents with passport heads to the Singapore embassy Abuja where my visa was processed.

Lst of documents
- Visa application form printed and filled
- reference form filled by a citizen or permanent resident in Singapore.
- passport photo
- international passport
- flight reservations
- hotel reservations

Meanwhile you must submit your documents 30 days to your plan arrival date. I didn’t know about this and I went to the embassy 2 months to my plan trip but pleaded they should keep my passport and documents till 1 month to my trip date to start processin
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by freenature: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2023
Lookandlaugh:

The name of the fruit is Durian.
Mostly cultivated in south East Asian countries.
(Malaysia,Indonesia,Thailand,etc)

The durian is the edible fruit of several tree species belonging to the genus Durio. There are 30 recognised Durio species, at least nine of which produce edible fruit. Durio zibethinus, native to Borneo and Sumatra, is the only species available in the international market.

We have it in Nigeria too
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by skj1377(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2023
Stop wasting the room
HRprof:
My trip to Singapore

As promised to share my trip experience I arrived Singapore from Lagos yesterday

Let me first start with the information on how I got my visa for others to learn. Meanwhile some of the information regarding visa I got them in this forum and also on the Singapore visa site online.
I Arranged my documents with passport heads to the Singapore embassy Abuja where my visa was processed.

Lst of documents
- Visa application form printed and filled
- reference form filled by a citizen or permanent resident in Singapore.
- passport photo
- international passport
- flight reservations
- hotel reservations

Meanwhile you must submit your documents 30 days to your plan arrival date. I didn’t know about this and I went to the embassy 2 months to my plan trip but pleaded they should keep my passport and documents till 1 month to my trip date to start processin
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by zoedew: 6:33am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
I’m in the area called China town
I’m having a dinner in there . That’s where I can get cheap food and close to my hotel
The second picture is the food I ordered. Pork intestines source with white rice wink
Your fart after that 🥘!😊🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️. I will never agree to share a room with you!😷
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Plight21(f): 6:34am On Sep 09, 2023
HRprof:
My 10 take home from Singapore
1. Singapore is 100% safe

2. Cleanliness of the country is superb, in fact is so clean that your conscience will not allow you to drop a dirt on the street. Hotels and business areas are inspected by agency to ensure they are SG clean certified., some are given certificates of SG clean which they displayed at the reception,

3. CCTV cameras are everywhere

4. Prostitution is not allowed

5. Crime like drug trafficking and kidnapping is death sentence not negotiable

6. Singapore is expensive. I Interviewed a Singaporean guy who narrates the living conditions of the low income earners using himself as an example. He work 3 jobs and his total monthly income is 2k Singapore dollars which is almost same with USD his family stayed in Malaysia where his kid’s school because of cheap education, he visits them weekends. Many low income earners live in shared apartments 3 guys per room. Mind you this guy is not educated so he does menial jobs to survive.

7. Government monitors everybody bank transactions if you get more inflows than what you earn as monthly income you will be subject to questions.

8. At the food court a popular street food restaurant you must remove your tray to the dishwasher after eating or else you pay a fine.

9. When you mentioned you are from Africa what comes to their mind is South Africa. It happens that Singapore has kind of relationship with South Africa.

10. Lastly, if you are on tourist visa and overstayed you will be tracked down and deported no hidden place.

I think most of these Asian countries are decent to some extent and they don't allow debauchery and if you're caught, it's death sentence.

Japanese are also neat. They displayed the act of neatness in the last year World Cup.

How I wish our leaders and we citizens can emulate this in our country, Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Small Car Spotted Carrying A Huge Container On A Nigerian Road (Photo, Video) / My Aunty Saw 2 Hidden Passports Inside Slippers (Video, Pictures) / Drunk Nigerian Guy & His Girlfriend In Malaysia Found Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.