Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore (56053 Views)

Pictures From My Trip To Singapore / My Trip From Benin City To SINGAPORE (photos) / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
mrdiator112:

Okay, thank you so much for this.. well appreciated.

I believe all these documents will be submitted manually at the Singapore embassy?
Yes gather all these documents and head to the embassy for submission

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by ovokate(f): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
HRprof:

Hello ma'am
I recently came across your profile while looking for some info about CIPM. Can I send you an email or message?
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2023
ovokate:

Hello ma'am
I recently came across your profile while looking for some info about CIPM. Can I send you an email or message?

I can’t access my inbox here but you can Send me email at career mentor blog @ gmail . Com

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by mrdiator112: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2023
My CEO gave me his Singpass login to use for the VISA processing. I believe I dont need to go to the embassy anymore to submit document if I can upload all document via Singpass?

HRprof:

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by HRprof: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2023
mrdiator112:
My CEO gave me his Singpass login to use for the VISA processing. I believe I dont need to go to the embassy anymore to submit document if I can upload all document via Singpass?

Singpass is different from visa application. You can not submit visa application online you need to gather documents and visit embassy, After you get Singapore visa you apply for singapass for immigration check when you arrive . The directions will be written on your visa printout paper you will receive
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Gerrard59(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Sincere apologies for almost taking over your thread, but anytime I see anything related to Singapore, it ignites an interest in me. I have followed events in the country for ten years now. I know the politicians by their names, pictures, the universities they attended and courses they studied. Lee Hsien Loong, son of Lee Kuan Yew studied at Cambridge like his father. But he did Computer Science, not Law. Both made a double first class. The incoming prime minister is Lawerence Wong who grew up with a single mother. Recently retired from politics is Tharman Shanmugaratnam who I really admire. If he had not retired would have been the president - which is an appointed position rather than elective. You also have Josephine Teo who made a gaffe about public housing and Vivian Balakrishnan, foreign minister, who is a medical doctor. In Singapore, public officials earn very high salaries and are held to high standards. Teachers are well paid, but only the best and brightest are recruited to be teachers. Singapore does not employ foreigners to teach in public schools. I wept when Lee Kuan Yew died. He is the number one politician I revere. The second is Abe Shinzo.

Let me stop here for now.

Majulah Singapura!

There was a presidential election on Friday, which Tharman won by a huge landslide - 70% - of votes cast. This is more than the votes the PAP - Tharman's party, and which has governed Singapore since the forced independence in 1965, garnered during the last election in 2021. Unlike Halimah Yacob who was appointed to satisfy the Malay population, Tharman - an ethnic Indian - contested alongside two Chinese, one from an opposition party and an independent candidate.

The Sunday before the election, I asked the Singaporean doctors (both Chinese) who was going to win, and they chorused Tharman. Even some opposition voters confessed they voted for Tharman. Tharman is good and I admire him a lot. He is so intelligent and speaks with so much poise. He is well respected. You watch a politician talk, read his profile, and check his records. Then remember say you be Nigerian, one begins to form tears in the eyes.

Tharman's profile: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tharman_Shanmugaratnam

12 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Justkatty(f): 11:33pm On Sep 02, 2023
Well documented ♥️♥️
But their do's and don't are just too much, it's fine anyway.
Imagine chewing gum in public and you just hear siren coming for you🙆🙆

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Princemanuel58: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
Good day, please do you have any contact person In Singapore?
Raalsalghul:
Nice one Op.

I just came back from Malaysia (Singapore used to be part of them for about two years) recently.

If there one thing I respect Asia, it is the taste and variety of their food. Quite spicy, tasty with so so many options for you to choose from.

Cannot forget one variety of rice I ate while there, tastes like Jollof Rice but better; more like Jollof Rice Premium.

I attached a picture.
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Ishilove: 7:46pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
l notice a kind of tradition among restaurant customers mostly the street food restaurants when a customer finish eating is the customer’s responsibility to take away the place to the dishwasher. I saw a notice on the wall also dishwasher wearing a T-shirt written. Thank you for returning your stray
Wow
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by phemmyfour: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:

Is written boldly on your tourist pass that IF CAUGHT WITH DRUGS IS DEATH PENALTY wink
Even if you are set up
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Newsstories1: 8:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
"Things are not Going well For Us" Happie Boys Say-Beg Apostle Chibuzor and Nigerians For Forgiveness

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDcoW1Rrgmg
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2023
Singapore is a very lovely and beautiful country to visit. kiss
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:

Is written boldly on your tourist pass that IF CAUGHT WITH DRUGS IS DEATH PENALTY wink
E money and co, can't have any business in that kind of place grin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by phemmyfour: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
One thing I discovered here is some of the street restaurants has this kind of status with light surround it and I notice the owner usually pray in front of the statue, I ask someone the reason behind it he said that is Buddha religious practice and the owner of the restaurant is offering prayers to his god to bring customers wink

Is good before you Jakpa to another country make sure they have similar culture or else you will not be comfortable with what you will see .

Meanwhile, hardly you see Africans here because they have very government strict rules and he who do any how go see any how wink
Even culturally, Africans won't go there cos it won't be comfortable practicing the two major religion that dominated Africa there
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Cantonese: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:

Singapore is a state country, meaning is just a state in a country which makes them one of the small country in the world.
The country is so clean and beautiful with a strict government rule and the most secure country too.

I don’t receive same salaries with my colleagues here in Singapore 🇸🇬. wink they receive higher than me. But is okay for me since i earn in dollars and spend in Naira so I save more. wink

For weather is better than DUBIA hot weather but almost same with Nigerian weather. Morning movement is better before sunrise

Singapore and Malaysia have exactly the same weather as Nigeria. Coincidentally, the weather conditions happen at the same periods of the year!
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by samuel9000: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
Cost pls
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by olab059(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
Night view
Is about 8 pm here

Second pic looks like where the old man in Squid Game and the main guy had drinks and ate raw Noodles cool

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Af0nja: 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2023
emandman:
Please confirm if there English accent is like Nigeria's .
I'm seeing a video making rounds on the internet
Malaysia bit Singapore cloutina
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by PETERiCHY(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2023
I visited this beautiful island called Singapore during Easter period in march 2008...Sweet memories wink

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by toluxa1(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
Singapore is mixture of Indians, Chinese and Indonesia. They are white skin but few black people here are Indian with dark skin color

Malaysians, not Indonesians

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
LikeAking:

What do u mean?

Are u not an African..

What's diff about dia religion?

See your mate, you are here on NL jumping from thread to thread to defend fraud and thuggery as a mandate.

Your mumu no too much undecided
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Chetas81(m): 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2023
Singapore citizen have law to respect,, but the Nigerian citizen have none
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by PETERiCHY(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
I visited that beautiful island called Singapore during Easter period in 2008. They have the most expensive cost of living in the world. Sweet memories smiley

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Pascal9: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
My 10 take home from Singapore
1. Singapore is 100% safe

2. Cleanliness of the country is superb, in fact is so clean that your conscience will not allow you to drop a dirt on the street. Hotels and business areas are inspected by agency to ensure they are SG clean certified., some are given certificates of SG clean which they displayed at the reception,

3. CCTV cameras are everywhere

4. Prostitution is not allowed

5. Crime like drug trafficking and kidnapping is death sentence not negotiable

6. Singapore is expensive. I Interviewed a Singaporean guy who narrates the living conditions of the low income earners using himself as an example. He work 3 jobs and his total monthly income is 2k Singapore dollars which is almost same with USD his family stayed in Malaysia where his kid’s school because of cheap education, he visits them weekends. Many low income earners live in shared apartments 3 guys per room. Mind you this guy is not educated so he does menial jobs to survive.

7. Government monitors everybody bank transactions if you get more inflows than what you earn as monthly income you will be subject to questions.

8. At the food court a popular street food restaurant you must remove your tray to the dishwasher after eating or else you pay a fine.

9. When you mentioned you are from Africa what comes to their mind is South Africa. It happens that Singapore has kind of relationship with South Africa.

10. Lastly, if you are on tourist visa and overstayed you will be tracked down and deported no hidden place.
no freedom
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Olichoke: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
Singapore is mixture of Indians, Chinese and Indonesia. They are white skin but few black people here are Indian with dark skin color

OP ensure you visit New Creation Church in Singapore pastored by Joseph Prince

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Abdul4trust1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
Coming back to Nija
Home is home we must make it work. wink grin
yes,

You are beautiful.

Are you married?
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Ten06(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2023
emandman:
Please confirm if there English accent is like Nigeria's .
I'm seeing a video making rounds on the internet

What is “there English“?

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by cedricksly: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
HRprof:
Singapore is the most beautiful country in the world. The safest and cleanest . I thought Paris is heaven until I visited Singaporewink
lol it isn't the safest. It is Iceland. Iceland doesn't have prisons, the few they have is empty. And police here doesn't even carry gun. Lol. Many Year ago they did a survey and identified what made their prison so full and crime people were committing, then they addressed it, Boom prison are empty till date.. Na boredom dey kill anybody when find himself for prison

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by Chibuzoripob: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
sad Hope it is not lizards/creepy things intestine they gave u chopped sad? I fear Asians
HRprof:
I’m in the area called China town
I’m having a dinner in there . That’s where I can get cheap food and close to my hotel
The second picture is the food I ordered. Pork intestines source with white rice wink
Re: My Trip To Singapore - Detailed Info About Singapore by kelspinall(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2023
look at how good, beautiful,great and flashy this country is and here this idiots are busy killing economy,poor roads, everything poor to make it worst this idiots are busy traveling up and down yet they can't even turn this country into something better... shameful

congratulations op

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) / Lady Kicks Her Hubby Out Of His Own Home In UK After He Brought Her From Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.