Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima (44412 Views)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by garfield1: 12:35pm On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

Ati what... Power to the South has always been the mantra. By now you should have predicted how most of us down here voted. Southerners who voted AA were mostly PDP members. It was the turn of the South, he has no moral justification to contest. No southerner will try that nonsense. Obi was the preferred candidate for most and if he hadn't been in the race, votes will go to BAT except in SE. I monitored results in the units close to me... Obi 1st, BAT second, AA third.

No body will empower a Fulani to Fulani transition.

Only trying to understand the legal framework of this case and relate it to some upcoming guber case I'm keen in.

Pre election matters that can be raised in tribunal are those stated in the constitution.most obi fans actually prefer atiku,you saw Hilda dokubo and Ken pela in court.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by DaddyJapan(m): 12:37pm On May 26, 2023
akakurukukaku:

I guess you are sitting on the fence. Well it's your right.

I am not sitting on the fence. Rather, I simply suggested that all flame-throwers should feel chastened.

Cries of a "stolen mandate" are imbecilic, but so also is any attestation that locates Tinubu's victory as one ordained by the masses or God.

You know damn well that I am right on this one. angry
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by ParrotGirls360(f): 12:37pm On May 26, 2023
The last part of the news shows where the oga that read the judgement stands. He's an APC member. Why call PDP busy Body in a Court judgement? Nigerians joke too much. That can spark another lawsuit but the courts are already dead and buried in the graves built by politicians.

donphilopus:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/26/supreme-court-dismisses-pdps-suit-challenging-double-nomination-of-shettima/amp/
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by GeneralPula: 12:39pm On May 26, 2023
Livelystone01:

Why the lies brother?
You opened a thread about this and dropped lots of points and now you are changing the narrative.

See our so-called activists in Nigeria, always deceitful and deceptive.

I don't like APC but the way you guys behave is not different from how they behave.
Activist you say? Bro, stop believing any of these people..

That’s Emeka wey Dey disguise! He has more than 5 monikers! I’m sure you’ve already saw a reason never to take them serious anymore!

They’re nothing but bunches of hypocrite..

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Peacecore: 12:39pm On May 26, 2023
Poisonousman:
When them done share 100 billion Sanwolu borrow give judges.. I knew the case would be dismissed
Try and learn and stop displaying mumuism here

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by DaddyJapan(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
it was a divided election what do you expect

It was PDP vs apc until obi wanted attention

Apc are only reacting to the foolishness of the obidients that have been running amok for months now

Spare me the charade, it was a national fiasco and not just a divided election.
With just 29% of the electorate able or willing to vote, the outcome does not reflect the peoples' wishes.

BATistas, Atikulators, Obidients - let's call a spade an effing spade. cool
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by aspabay(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
Tinubu will NEVER rule this country.
All the prophecies said something will happen to prevent it.
I trust you, Lord

By Monday we shall know if your prophets are fake or real.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by DaddyJapan(m): 12:42pm On May 26, 2023
Fren232:

Very correct. I do not think that a president should be elected by plurality of vote, but by majority. If you can't get 50%, there should be a rerun. An election with 4 major contenders will never have support of a lot of people. That should come up at the next constitution amendment discussion

Thank you.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Peacecore: 12:43pm On May 26, 2023
jahsharon:

Useless fraudster. No be him fault shaa, if me too see foolish people to use God name to defraud, shebi I go happy.

Emilokan Tinubu will be President till 2031
I hate people that allow emotions to becloud their sense of reasoning angry . it was a hot argument between me and them trying to tell them why the case was dead on arrival but they chose to believe their emotions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Efewestern: 12:43pm On May 26, 2023
garfield1:

Pre election matters that can be raised in tribunal are those stated in the constitution.most obi fans actually prefer atiku,you saw Hilda dokubo and Ken pela in court.

AA still wouldn't have won Southern Nigeria. I can't say for South Easterners, but most people share the tribal sentiments (Fulani to Fulani transition is DOA). Worst case scenario, the turnup in several southern states will be very low.

There have been dissatisfaction in middle belt already as per the herdsmen crisis. All BAT just needed to do is to pick a middle belt Christian candidate. Afterall, the Northerners voted AA despite shetima in the ticket.

What pre-election matters is acceptable at this stage?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2023
Na Monday, you will witness it, you and your prophet of doom.
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by iamdapsyj(m): 12:47pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

Your fake pastor has cashed out. You had better look for a good church!!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2023
News headline: supreme court say PDP na tafia party. Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by GodinDaFlesh: 12:48pm On May 26, 2023
This paves the way for Obi’s case.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by leanonme82: 12:49pm On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

So technically there wasn't a double nomination? The court still needs to decide on this.

How many times will we tell you people. This is not a case of double nomination.

He was APPOINTED to VP after submitting nomination for senate seat. He did not buy another ticket for VP or go for any other nomination anywhere. Obasanjo also appointed Atiku after he was elected governor. Same situation. Atiku even already contested governorship, Shettima withdrew and didnt contest the senate election. The double nomination that was judged in the past were those seeking nomination in 2 different parties or buying two different nomination tickets. Appointment for vp or deputy is not a nomination ticket.
We have been shouting dt the case will be thrown out, you pple have been living in delusions. Please go and keep brainwashing urself and asking ur fellow brainwashed f**ls silly questions about double nomination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by hardbody: 12:50pm On May 26, 2023
Natural2Heal:
If Tinubu is going to lost at election tribunal, the double nomination's case is the real solid ground. The other petitions are frivolous and irrelevant.

Since Supreme court has made judgement in favour of Tinubu, he will remain Nigerian president in the next 4 years.

I wouldn't say so. If i was suing, I would not hinge my application on this ground. I am waiting for the legal interpretation of the status of Abuja vis-a-vis the just concluded election. I won't even pin my hope on all that perjury and drug case angles, but you see legal interpretation of Abuja, we die there.

Even as an undergraduate of law I wouldn't have missed the literal rule of that clause which used a conjunctive,AND

Beyond that, I would not also miss the angle of the golden rule (including the historical antecedents, etc)

We are waiting in front for the overall benefit of Nigeria's legal jurisprudence to evolve.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

AA still wouldn't have won Southern Nigeria. I can't say for South Easterners, but most people share the tribal sentiments (Fulani to Fulani transition is DOA). Worst case scenario, the turnup in several southern states will be very low.

There have been dissatisfaction in middle belt already as per the herdsmen crisis. All BAT just needed to do is to pick a middle belt Christian candidate. Afterall, the Northerners voted AA despite shetima in the ticket.

What pre-election matters is acceptable at this stage?

Point of correction, Tinubu won the core north on aggregate. Go and do your research. Atiku only won in the north east and that margin was swallowed by the margin of victory Tinubu got in the north west. Shettima was a master stroke. It divided the muslim votes in the core north. Preventing Atiku from getting bloc votes in the muslim dominated core north was a great job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by zelnababa(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Na so we go dey hear Useless Judiciary grin grin

but they were not useless when they affirmed the victory of ADELEKE of Osun state.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Bfly: 12:51pm On May 26, 2023
Dem still chop 2m ontop dia head.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Mrhonesty: 12:51pm On May 26, 2023
Which lord?
Are talking of the LORD Almighty that Remi Tinubu serves or the LP lord that is giving fake prophecies?

Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by GeneralPula: 12:52pm On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

So technically there wasn't a double nomination?
Yea

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by leanonme82: 12:55pm On May 26, 2023
BossLA:

No sir
The 25% in FCT is the real case
This double nomination of Shetima would have been a big case if one of the aspirants from APC initiated the case
PDP have no business in APC matter
It was a dead case from the beginning
Celestine Omahia for Ameachi in rivers

ode. You guys must be fined $40million for such a frivolous case. Dt is the most nonsense case ever. 25% because abuja residents have 3 heads. LOL!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:58pm On May 26, 2023
leanonme82:

ode. You guys must be fined $40million for such a frivolous case. Dt is the most nonsense case ever. 25% because abuja residents have 3 heads. LOL!

They should be fined $100billion. Dem no dey hear word. Lol 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Posh2018: 12:59pm On May 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:
Is any realistic Nigerian really surprised at this ruling? How is PDP a 'meddlesome interloper' when the issue will affect ALL Nigerians? Had Shetima been the vice-president of just APC, then that ruling could have appropriate!

A party has right on how they go about nominating her candidates. Only a member of the party who is an aspirant can contest it. Simple. But u can go and challenge the electoral act 2022.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by zelnababa(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2023
MatrixCircle:
Party internal Affairs. Then why are they sponsoring Lamidi Apapa to be moving from one court to the other over LP party internal affairs. Now Lamidi Apapa should now have sense.
lolz nobi una dey lie on top of Asiwaju head waiting corcern Asiwaju with una party wahala

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by leanonme82: 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
sunray:
Busy body ke? PDP lawyers deserve penalty for not guiding their client.

MONEY must be made. Lawyers must enjoy out of the million dollar largesse Atiku is throwing around.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Kay25(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord
Trusting God for evil is a felony against it's kingdom.. repent and be saved

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by 7arrows: 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

We predicted that this case will be thrown out like a rotten egg.

I saw this one coming too. But what about the others which u mentioned? 8 years and handing over to a northerner? My brother nothing is promised tomorrow.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:04pm On May 26, 2023
BossLA:

No sir
The 25% in FCT is the real case
This double nomination of Shetima would have been a big case if one of the aspirants from APC initiated the case
PDP have no business in APC matter
It was a dead case from the beginning
Celestine Omahia for Ameachi in rivers
Dem go still trowey am... Abuja is counted as State in d elections... Votes from Abuja can't be special than those in Lagos or ekiti or bauchi... U guys should just stop chasing shadows Tell PDP LP to unite with other's and plan for 2027 elections by playing smart sensible opposition to APC

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by leanonme82: 1:06pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

Which prophecy? The ones u wanted to hear. Didnt Paul Adefarasin say Tinubu will be president? You people abused the daylight out of him. Dt ur eastern Archbishop Father Mbaka told u people Obi will not win. Even Adeboye and Oyedepo no prophesy anything cos they both knew Adefarasin was right. God dey look una mumu like this. grin
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by eniteden(m): 1:06pm On May 26, 2023
The King is coming, in Glory and in Majesty smiley
wwwkaycom:
Atiku and PDP wanted to reap where they didn't sow. I laugh at their followers and leaders who were gallivanting around yesterday. I remember David Bwala, the biggest loser in 2023 trying to raise the hope of his PeeDeePigs followers, all ended in vain. Let us be fair in analysing the issue at stake, who is that politician who pursued the 2023 presidential race with all his strength and seriousness required like Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu. Atiku was relying on hacking of INEC porter, Aso Rock Cabal and block votes from the north while Peter Obi believed in ethnic and religious sentiments, thinking that CAN, YesDaddies, Enenches, Mama Sarah Omakpi who wanted to waste her vote and indeed wasted it, fake prophets, angry IPOB miscreants, #ENDSARS yahoo boys and fake online polsters can win election for him. Asiwaju meticulously travelled through the lenght and breadth of the country, meeting people, building bridges, meeting leaders of religious organisations, traditional leaders, political leaders, professional people, students, artisans, market men and women, farmers and a host of others. I think it should be reinforced again and again that elections are not won by stupid scheming, sentiments or on the social media. I think Peter Obi especially should find time to learn that noise, insults, lies, instigations etc will not win election anywhere, cheers.

Congratulations to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by GodinDaFlesh: 1:07pm On May 26, 2023
Tinubu will NOT be president, one way or another. I don’t think you realize what God has in store.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

EFCC Storms Enyinnaya Nwafor's House In Abia (Photos) / Grassroot Man~governor Fayose Buying A Plantain From A Seller(picture Attached) / Sule Lamido And Son, Mustapha In Germany After Travel Ban Was Lifted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.