Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima (44351 Views)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2023
Lols I never believed in any Tribunal this or that,....
Before Buhari was in his 5yrs in office, he has already started 2023 campaign by removing the office holders that will not dance to their tune ....

This was what we needed from Jonathan but he failed to listen or act accordingly , just like Obasanjo did when he was President and made way for another PDP President.....

It is the President that determines who the next President becomes after him, he makes sure such is achieved by removal and placing his right people from the Security Architecture dwon to INEC chairman etc.....

Nigeria is a failed state already, so anyhow you can do it, snatch it and run away,....that is who wins...
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:
Is any realistic Nigerian really surprised at this ruling? How is PDP a 'meddlesome interloper' when the issue will affect ALL Nigerians? Had Shetima been the vice-president of just APC, then that ruling could have appropriate!

The court is compromised.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by ofuonyebi: 12:17pm On May 26, 2023
Lo BATAN!!.....SPREME COURT .JUDGEMENT ....becomes the last blow that breaks Obis LP and Atikus PDP back

they have always behaved like blind men following each other.....now, they fell together in the pit

God has finally cleared the way for Asiwaju Tinubu as President of Nigeria

All that remains now is formality....

Here comes he whom the cap fit....4+4 years

Let those who want to cry ....look for a big towel....let those who are happy luck the roses....there is a new dawn!

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by maasoap(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Bad News :

Diesel now N540 from depot
Cooking Gas is now N600 per KG

No announcements from Media....

This would not trend , and Oloriburuku ruffy fire rufai Oseni would not tweet about this...

Looks like the prices went down, right?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by wonder233: 12:18pm On May 26, 2023
The same excuse "I don't want to waste my vote" , "I'm being realistic"... is what has kept us here.
Lets join hands to start the change that will push better candidates forward.
anonymous1759:

What I said here is factual not tribal related. Amongst the 3 BAT Is the best I’ve had the opportunity to live in both Lagos and Anambra so I can tell which one is the better governor.
I picked BAT amongst the 3 that stands a chance to win i can’t waste my vote or support for someone i know won’t get there I’m just being realistic.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Akungitit: 12:18pm On May 26, 2023
I find it very interesting that all of a sudden, IPOB people believe that the judiciary of the zoo will give them justice against the president elect of the zoo😂😂😂🤣🤣😇😇😇
How can you win a case against a Nigerian if you're not a Nigerian?
Some people will lack sense for ever.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2023
donphilopus:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/26/supreme-court-dismisses-pdps-suit-challenging-double-nomination-of-shettima/amp/

Easily predictable but obidiotssssss love grabbing straws as usual.

No locus! The law knows no emotions.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by NzogbuNzogbu: 12:19pm On May 26, 2023
DaddyJapan:

I think the most farcical war cry I have ever heard in my life is the one about a "stolen mandate", in an election where only 29% of registered voters turned out. But then, by the same token, I also find the triumphalism of the President-elect's supporters nauseating, given the overwhelming number of Nigerians who were either disenfranchised by thuggery, a badly implemented cashless policy, or just could not be bothered to line up behind any candidate.

Given how this election turned out, given the fact that none of the leading candidates truly commanded the support of well-meaning Nigerians, is it not time we all injected a bit more decorum - dare I say humility - into the debate.

The simple truth is that 71% of Nigeria's electorate did not (s)elect Tinubu, Atiku or Obi. And no amount of body-popping or grandstanding can trump that cool

it was a divided election what do you expect

It was PDP vs apc until obi wanted attention

Apc are only reacting to the foolishness of the obidients that have been running amok for months now

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Tflex01: 12:20pm On May 26, 2023
wonder233:
I'm not Ibo. Obi was not my governor. It mustn't be Obi or Atiku, if not Tinubu.
In a country of so many bright people, why does the system keep throwing up the worst? Aren't you tired? Why can't you see beyond the tribal, religious and party loyalty you're using to destroy your own future just for politicians to gain? Are you a slave?

If truly you are not Ibo, then you have been intellectually scammed to believe Obi is better than Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by enemyofprogress: 12:21pm On May 26, 2023
I was not surprised. All these election tribunals are just mere formalities and jamborees. Tinubu o ti lo, him don waka

Yoruba 1-0 Igbo

Awa lo kan grin grin grin tongue

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Vintage100(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
Tinubu will NEVER rule this country.
All the prophecies said something will happen to prevent it.
I trust you, Lord

If you say he will die in power, I may still not respond since it is a four year rule. Which prophecy?? What will happen?? Guy there is difference between hating someone and prophecy. You, and your pastors hate Tinubu, hence the reason for your so-called prophecy that he will not sworn-in or he will not rule. With this ur comment, you are making joke of christianity. Tinubu may die before monday, as only God has power to life, but provided he is alive, he will be sworn-in.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by frowland(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

You have been brainwashed and need a resounding slap to wake you and your likes up.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by enemyofprogress: 12:24pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord
those modafokas are not God. Tinubu is already in charge

Dominique my love how far now?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by seunmsg(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

Can't PDP fund aggrieved APC presidential contestants to contest the double nomination ? Is this possible in the eyes of the law?

Read the new electoral law and i knew immediately that PDP lacked the power to sue APC on pre-election matters.

It is too late for that.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Coronavirus1: 12:25pm On May 26, 2023
100 billion Naira judgment ?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BENEAMATA: 12:26pm On May 26, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

If truely Peter Obi won and was denied victory. It won't be a matter of "Go to court" there would have been crisis here and there. A reaction by Nigerians for being denied their choice of president. Infact it would have been impossible for the gubernatorial election to hold.

But every where remained so calm. Not even in Rivers State where it is alleged that their was massive rigging for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

swerve away from that dude you quoted .See him accusing the CJN of conniving with Tinubu . When they pick their likes up now to come and prove such a weighty allegation , ill-trained people like him will be shouting persecution .And as a matter of urgency , the PDP guy that was accusing Tinubu two days ago of mandating sanwoolu and chagouri , the lebanese to raise 100 billion naira purportedly to bribe supreme court justices on this just thrown out case , should be invited by DSS / EFCC to tell us nigerians what he knows .Idiots who found themselves in corridors of power will just be in the well secured Abuja and be heating up the polity with claims they can't back up .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Jevica: 12:26pm On May 26, 2023
Supreme Court at usual
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BENEAMATA: 12:27pm On May 26, 2023
Coronavirus1:
100 billion Naira judgment ?
And , right on cue . you see this now ?
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by peculiar2233: 12:28pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Bad News :

Diesel now N540 from depot
Cooking Gas is now N600 per KG

No announcements from Media....

This would not trend , and Oloriburuku ruffy fire rufai Oseni would not tweet about this...
Don't cry yet. Nigeria will soon happen to you, then you will cry blood. Just continue supporting mediocrity. Set awon local champion

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Inosky(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2023
donphilopus:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/05/26/supreme-court-dismisses-pdps-suit-challenging-double-nomination-of-shettima/amp/

APC is SC, Supreme Court is APC.
Believe Nigerian Supreme Court to deliver a judgement against themselves (especially at presidential level) at your own perils.

Even International community has nothing to do to help Nigerians but to accept the worst from Nigeria's government and judiciary as long as Nigeria still exist as a country. #bulabacountry
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Peacecore: 12:28pm On May 26, 2023
Revolution2022:
When you hear"Go to court"They have the judiciary in their palms.Supreme Court chief judge has met tinubu in London and promised him to go and relax in France.That everything is under control.
Sharap! You people will continue to cry wolf until u bend down and learn from others.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by jahsharon: 12:29pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord

You think God is from your hand HE will only listen to your prayers. Tell all the pastors that have made negative prophecies against Tinubu that they are MAD.

This same prophecies are the reason why you are poor, wretched and pathetic

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:30pm On May 26, 2023
press9jatv:
I don’t expect much from the Supreme Court of justice on that Pdp case now

We told you there's no case but you were grabbing straws. Now u dey change mouth.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Peacecore: 12:30pm On May 26, 2023
wonder233:
The people jubilating are not doing so because they feel Tinubu will work to make Nigeria great. They are jubilating because to spite one ethnic group. It is like a sport to them. They don't care about their future or that of their kids.
Africa is cursed with tribe and religion.
As for the judgment most rational people were not expecting anything otherwise.
Let everyone go and hustle and see in what way they can create happiness for themselves.
I'm an Igbo and I'm jubilating bcoz I know that Atiku will never than Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BlackKafka: 12:30pm On May 26, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:
Is any realistic Nigerian really surprised at this ruling? How is PDP a 'meddlesome interloper' when the issue will affect ALL Nigerians? Had Shetima been the vice-president of just APC, then that ruling could have appropriate!

Its kinda like saying APC sues LP cos it's chairman during the elections was illegitimate, hence LP's candidate should not be recognized . . . wetin concern APC with wetin dey happen for inside LP? Or better still, an external party to PDP suing the party that Amechi, not Omehia should have been the legitimate flagbearer of the party back then . . . how is that the business of anybody outside the party?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Peacecore: 12:31pm On May 26, 2023
Tflex01:

Lol I still heard some prophesies yesterday that Tinubu will not be sworn in. In respect to today's judgement. grin
Paul Enenche grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by famology(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Na so we go dey hear grin grin

Useless Judiciary

Cry don start ooo 🤣

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Efewestern: 12:31pm On May 26, 2023
garfield1:

The case is automatically dead because it is a pre election matter with no Constitutional basis.it cannot be raised again.seems you support atiku

Ati what... Power to the South has always been the mantra. By now you should have predicted how most of us down here voted. Southerners who voted AA were mostly PDP members. It was the turn of the South, he has no moral justification to contest. No southerner will try that nonsense. Obi was the preferred candidate for most and if he hadn't been in the race, votes will go to BAT except in SE. I monitored results in the units close to me... Obi 1st, BAT second, AA third.

No body will empower a Fulani to Fulani transition.

Only trying to understand the legal framework of this case and relate it to some upcoming guber case I'm keen in.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by jahsharon: 12:31pm On May 26, 2023
Sayvick:
Eagle Square is now cleared for owambe on Monday.

If you can't beat them you bite them.

Teeth biting is part of fight nah

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BlackKafka: 12:32pm On May 26, 2023
Revolution2022:
When you hear"Go to court"They have the judiciary in their palms.Supreme Court chief judge has met tinubu in London and promised him to go and relax in France.That everything is under control.

SMH . . . you realize that SC judgements are voted on by presiding Judges right, so its not the CJN's sole call?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by jahsharon: 12:34pm On May 26, 2023
Peacecore:
Paul Enenche grin grin grin

Useless fraudster. No be him fault shaa, if me too see foolish people to use God name to defraud, shebi I go happy.

Emilokan Tinubu will be President till 2031

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by jahsharon: 12:34pm On May 26, 2023
BlackKafka:

SMH . . . you realize that SC judgements are voted on by presiding Judges right, so its not the CJN's sole call?

You have time explaining to idiots and nincompoops

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

We Can't Trust Christians With Nigeria's Security - Sheikh Gumi / Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.