Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima (44352 Views)

Double Nomination: Speak On Rumoured May 26 Public Holiday - PDP Tells Buhari / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination / Supreme Court Dismisses PDP Suit Challenging Oyetola's Candidacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by blowjohn(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2023
Some people don't understand how power works.
Tinubu has influenced a lot of people positively.
He make peace, elevates people and a big giver.

Aside that, he believes in a society progressing.

I haven't really read same about obi or atiku.

In any case, let's give the man a chance .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BRIMBRAM: 11:50am On May 26, 2023
Revolution2022:
When you hear"Go to court"They have the judiciary in their palms.Supreme Court chief judge has met tinubu in London and promised him to go and relax in France.That everything is under control.

If truely Peter Obi won and was denied victory. It won't be a matter of "Go to court" there would have been crisis here and there. A reaction by Nigerians for being denied their choice of president. Infact it would have been impossible for the gubernatorial election to hold.

But every where remained so calm. Not even in Rivers State where it is alleged that there was massive rigging for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by DMerciful(m): 11:51am On May 26, 2023
It is not the strongest case, stop giving yourself hope. Tinubu is having little wins but will lose a couple of major ones
GeneralDae:

Of a truth this double nomination thing was their strongest case because courts hardly play with double nomination. If SC has dismissed this then I dunno what the opposition wants to pin their hope on.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BRIMBRAM: 11:52am On May 26, 2023
7arrows:

Wow is that how u guys run elections there? I thought a term is 4 years but you just calculated 8 years. Then u said he's gonna hand over to a northerner, U must be very good at predictions. Are u a prophet?

We predicted that this case will be thrown out like a rotten egg.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by wonder233: 11:52am On May 26, 2023
Bro or sis, I don't know what you mean by my people, I'm not Ibo. You imps can't think beyond your hatred for those people. So you're determined to spoil the entire country of more than 300 ethnic groups cos you want to "teach ibos a lesson".
lapintoz:

Yes of course. Because your people lack respect for others. Even with APC failures in the past 8 years, the north will never vote for your people without humility. The west are wiser now....that your hate is real. So tell me how will you win an election........unless the PRB......Biafra

You have another 16 years to change your ways, teach your young ones to demonstrate respect and humility. It's a virtue that can give you victory....not online abuse....

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Livelystone01: 11:53am On May 26, 2023
press9jatv:
I don’t expect much from the Supreme Court of justice on that Pdp case now
Why the lies brother?
You opened a thread about this and dropped lots of points and now you are changing the narrative.

See our so-called activists in Nigeria, always deceitful and deceptive.

I don't like APC but the way you guys behave is not different from how they behave.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by wonder233: 11:53am On May 26, 2023
I'm not Ibo.
So can't you see how foolish your response is?
Skankamola:

Offcourse they care, tinubu has always been practical and visionary, though he is aged now, but still won your 3rd class philosophy graduate who failed as a governor with nothing tangible to show for 8years besides investment in beer factory. You igbos should quit jealousy and hatred for yorubas, biafra war ended donkey years ago, if its anything.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by DeShineShine(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2023
The Jagaban of Nigeria! Serubawon of all Politicians in Nigeria... Only a fool would be expecting that the Supreme Court would disqualify Shettima. In situation like this, country 1st in such judgement. PDP is a busy body dabbling into what does not concern her domain.

So many prophets of doom had predicted their rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by meditator(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Bad News :

Diesel now N540 from depot
Cooking Gas is now N600 per KG

No announcements from Media....

This would not trend , and Oloriburuku ruffy fire rufai Oseni would not tweet about this...
Few days ago, I bought a KG of gas at 175, the media did not announce it nether.

Maybe you bought yours from IPOB terrorists or from bittered followers of the Religious Warlord

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BRIMBRAM: 11:54am On May 26, 2023
DMerciful:
It is not the strongest case, stop giving yourself hope. Tinubu is having little wins but will lose a couple of major ones

One thing I love Tinubu for is, his countless times of always proving his oppositions wrong. grin

He will proof you all wrong again and again. While you will cry again and again. grin

As e dey e pain dem e dey sweet us, as e dey sweet us, e dey pain dem. grin

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by garfield1: 11:56am On May 26, 2023
Efewestern:

The case was still raised in the tribunal. Do you think your party can maneuver their way around it ?

I know the SC case can't be referenced.

The case is automatically dead because it is a pre election matter with no Constitutional basis.it cannot be raised again.seems you support atiku

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Illegal1(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2023
LeoDeKing:
grin
Omoh.......the big boss,i dn use eye fyn u tire 4 here..
truly,1 billion pigs can not stop jst 1 bat....is God nt wonderful...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by garfield1: 11:57am On May 26, 2023
press9jatv:
Mr Garfield1, you are not serious, it will be different case in the presidential election petition tribunal. Everyone knows that the Supreme Court of justice will dismissed the Pdp appeal in the Supreme Court of justice.

It cannot be raised at the tribunal

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by seunmsg(m): 11:58am On May 26, 2023
Racoon and penguin2 right now

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by wonder233: 11:59am On May 26, 2023
I'm not Ibo. Obi was not my governor. It mustn't be Obi or Atiku, if not Tinubu.
In a country of so many bright people, why does the system keep throwing up the worst? Aren't you tired? Why can't you see beyond the tribal, religious and party loyalty you're using to destroy your own future just for politicians to gain? Are you a slave?
anonymous1759:

BAT is a better governor than Obi 10x in all ramifications. Mention one Obi’s legacy as a governor that will benefit anambarians in 20 years to come ? I can confidently say one or two about BAT I’ll vote for BAT over Obi and ATiku a 100 times it’s not about hate but deep thinking.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Ambitious21: 11:59am On May 26, 2023
"That is one of the changes brought by the fourth alteration to the Constitution. Even under Section 84(14) of the Electoral Act, 2022 only an aspirant within a party can challenge the nomination of a candidate in that very party. Authorities on this are abound." READ ALSO Read more: https://www.legit.ng/politics/1535917-can-supreme-court-sack-tinubu-shettimas-alleged-double-nomination-lawyer-insight/

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BENEAMATA: 12:00pm On May 26, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Like some people actually believed that the SC justices would bring chaos into the system by truncating the swearing in.

President Tinubu is here. Obidients, sope Otilo grin
let me put it this way , so they expect three supreme court justices to tell their 001 , the CJN not to be at the monday swearing -in by granting PDP's wish ? Erekere ( rough play) , who does tha ?t ( in kie kie's voice )
Abeg , PDP , follow me talk , what again ? No time for labouring clowns who came distant third .Their mandate dey mandilas for nnamdi azikwe road .

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by akakurukukaku(m): 12:00pm On May 26, 2023
DaddyJapan:

I think the most farcical war cry I have ever heard in my life is the one about a "stolen mandate", in an election where only 29% of registered voters turned out. But then, by the same token, I also find the triumphalism of the President-elect's supporters nauseating, given the overwhelming number of Nigerians who were either disenfranchised by thuggery, a badly implemented cashless policy, or just could not be bothered to line up behind any candidate.

Given how this election turned out, given the fact that none of the leading candidates truly commanded the support of well-meaning Nigerians, is it not time we all injected a bit more decorum - dare I say humility - into the debate.

The simple truth is that 71% of Nigeria's electorate did not (s)elect Tinubu, Atiku or Obi. And no amount of body-popping or grandstanding can trump that cool

I guess you are sitting on the fence. Well it's your right.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by BENEAMATA: 12:02pm On May 26, 2023
seunmsg:
Racoon and penguin2 right now
who kon beat taata bayii ?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Dchampion65: 12:03pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
Tinubu will NEVER rule this country.
All the prophecies said something will happen to prevent it.
I trust you, Lord

Prophecies from pastors who are influence by what they are eating, for fame or blinded by tribes and hates like Enenche

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Akungitit: 12:03pm On May 26, 2023
Emola12:
buh they said supreme Court dismissed PDP case against tinubu and shettima about double ticket nah and OBI case is in Court of appeal which dey will continue on Tuesday 30th of may so watin come concern IPOB there That is why I said some people lack integrity and common sense
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by jahsharon: 12:03pm On May 26, 2023
donphilopus:
Those who hinged their hope on today's judgment would have to swallow the bitter pill.

Jagaban will be sworn in on Monday andhe will rule them for at least 4 years.

Use useless fake pastor still gave a false prediction about this week

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by P24global: 12:04pm On May 26, 2023
"the PDP acted as meddlesome Interloper and a busy body"
This automatically enhanced crime and reduce courage in fighting crime in Nigeria. With this no one except a victim has no right to report a crime. What a state!
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Akungitit: 12:05pm On May 26, 2023
First - IPOB people said Tinubu will never be sworn in,now that Tinubu is about to be sworn in they are talking about a non existent court case. IPOB people keep shifting their fsfing hope from one illusion to another. You're right my brother, some people will never have sense and integrity.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Muqtada: 12:07pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord
this is how you have so much ruin your life,because of some useless lying prophet and prophecy…it’s a very big pity

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Fren232: 12:08pm On May 26, 2023
DaddyJapan:

I think the most farcical war cry I have ever heard in my life is the one about a "stolen mandate", in an election where only 29% of registered voters turned out. But then, by the same token, I also find the triumphalism of the President-elect's supporters nauseating, given the overwhelming number of Nigerians who were either disenfranchised by thuggery, a badly implemented cashless policy, or just could not be bothered to line up behind any candidate.

Given how this election turned out, given the fact that none of the leading candidates truly commanded the support of well-meaning Nigerians, is it not time we all injected a bit more decorum - dare I say humility - into the debate.

The simple truth is that 71% of Nigeria's electorate did not (s)elect Tinubu, Atiku or Obi. And no amount of body-popping or grandstanding can trump that cool

Very correct. I do not think that a president should be elected by plurality of vote, but by majority. If you can't get 50%, there should be a rerun. An election with 4 major contenders will never have support of a lot of people. That should come up at the next constitution amendment discussion

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by erniok(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2023
fuckJones:
Bad News :

Diesel now N540 from depot
Cooking Gas is now N600 per KG

No announcements from Media....

This would not trend , and Oloriburuku ruffy fire rufai Oseni would not tweet about this...
Gas is still 750 per KG in ikorodu axis, Lagos. where are you qquotinfrom.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by MatrixCircle: 12:09pm On May 26, 2023
Party internal Affairs. Then why are they sponsoring Lamidi Apapa to be moving from one court to the other over LP party internal affairs. Now Lamidi Apapa should now have sense.
Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 26, 2023
wonder233:
I'm not Ibo.
So can't you see how foolish your response is?
No one cares if you are igbo or not.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by anonymous1759(m): 12:11pm On May 26, 2023
wonder233:
I'm not Ibo. Obi was not my governor. It mustn't be Obi or Atiku, if not Tinubu.
In a country of so many bright people, why does the system keep throwing up the worst? Aren't you tired? Why can't you see beyond the tribal, religious and party loyalty you're using to destroy your own future just for politicians to gain? Are you a slave?

What I said here is factual not tribal related. Amongst the 3 BAT Is the best I’ve had the opportunity to live in both Lagos and Anambra so I can tell which one is the better governor.
I picked BAT amongst the 3 that stands a chance to win i can’t waste my vote or support for someone i know won’t get there I’m just being realistic.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by AAAdeji: 12:13pm On May 26, 2023
Now that I have heard the judgement, I feel like listening to P-Square song; BusyBody eeeeeeeeeee!!!!

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima by Houseontherock1: 12:13pm On May 26, 2023
Coolabbie:
I trust you, Lord
grin grin grin
I hope you have someone near you to console you when he starts ruling you from Monday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: ''I Would Have Been In Aba Chasing Lizards, If Not For Lagos" / Jonathan Goes On Exile In Cote D’Ivoire, Militants Move To Shutdown Oil Output / Onnoghen Convicted, Banned From Holding Public Office For 10 Years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.