Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? (43835 Views)

Man Disfigured A Lady's Car For Rejecting His Advances / Policeman Attacks Rivers Lady With Burning Stove For Rejecting His Proposal / Lady Slaps Boyfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal After Six Years Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Elsueno: 1:27am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Honestly, I rather make it big in Nigeria

Mr man, listen to ur parents & family... Nigeria ain't going anywhere, infact going to d U.K & obtaining all the necessary advantages of being a citizen of a developed country would even make it much easier for u to succeed in Nigeria...9ja would always be ur home, U can comeback at anytime..But dat U.K opportunity might not be on d table 4ever!

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by MartinsD12(m): 1:50am On May 27, 2023
Patriotsleague:

So many can afford to live abroad but they are here.
Not with that lazy op posted cooked up stories, did you read where he said the mother is feeling he won't succeed meaning he is not a made man yet, people that can afford to live here are successful people , they go to abroad do their business, import their goods and come in Nigeria to enjoy their money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Weknowbetter: 2:01am On May 27, 2023
Do you depend on their money to survive in Nigeria. That determines if are doing something wrong and being useless

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Lerumo: 2:32am On May 27, 2023
I’ll advise that you go and spend a couple of months before you take a final decision.
This way, you get to avoid a lifetime of regrets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by chaloskyx: 2:34am On May 27, 2023
No you are not wrong but mad!!!!
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Aurelius1(m): 2:48am On May 27, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Bro,lemme be honest with you,no Nigerian who travelled abroad hates Nigeria but the quest to japa in order to make a better future became an option when they had the opportunity to.....The truth must be told,and the truth is that your mom sincerely loves you..... No doubt about that....
lYou are wasting your time with that dude. He has crowned himself the " sultan of Abia" and you expect him to leave Abia? Can a monkey leave the forest?

3 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Upworkwriter007(f): 2:53am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
My mother is furious that I don't want to come over to the UK.
This month my younger sister left for UK and it's remaining me.
Documents and all papers are right and after couple family intervention I decided to go for interview.
I really didn't want to go to Uk
I love my life here in Nigeria tho things are hard.. it's still my home
I feel more connected to my father's land.
Going to abroad is not my plan. My mother thinks I'm possessed by spirit that want me to not succeed.
My uncles have pleaded with me to go and join my mum and sis in UK.

I was given UK visa last year, refused to join my sister that traveled this May

honestly I don't want to move to Uk.
I know how hard life can be in 9ja but i still love this country.
Mumsi says she is really dissapoinmented in me for staying back.
Did I do anything wrong?
I'm based in UK...All i can say is LOL.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by koolaid87: 3:17am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Documents and all papers are right and after couple family intervention I decided to go for interview.
Going to abroad is not my plan. My mother thinks I'm possessed by spirit that want me to not succeed.

Did I do anything wrong?

Your life your choice.

If you're 100 percent mentally, don't go oo
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by ictplotter(m): 3:27am On May 27, 2023
clinician2x:
Nope, u did nothing wrong. Your mom should understand that not everyone will succeed in life and there will always be poor useless people
Ur stupidity has no limits in life...
So going to UK automatically make you rich and be successful in life?

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by jimcaddy(m): 3:28am On May 27, 2023
You are a true son of the soil. There is no place like home. If we all run away, who do we think we are leaving Nigeria for to fix. If you can survive in Nigeria, my brother, you can survive anywhere even in Mexico or Columbia. How many people want to run away? Can the whole 250m NIgerians all migrate? It's not possible. I believe that as long as we Nigerians can change our mindset and behave like we would if we were abroad, here in Nigeria, Nigeria will be great again. Problem is that Nigerians have seen Nigeria finish. Nigeria as a country is not the problem. It's the citizens in it that is.
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by HussenAdul: 3:48am On May 27, 2023
U know u re not ready to go. So why waisting time processing ur papers / documents?
Time wasted though
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by RaptorX: 4:00am On May 27, 2023
jagjag:
Please don't make that mistake else you will regret it for the rest of your life. Now that you are still young, move now. It is not just for you but for your unborn children too. Yes you can make it big in Nigeria but the chances are very slim. The probability of making it big in UK is high and fast. Unless you are probably destiny for poverty, then you are stay back and keep struggling till you make it in Nigeria. Ire o.
His probability of making it in the UK is close to zero, you people are clueless.
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by cedricksly: 5:07am On May 27, 2023
Karleb:
Because she knows you will regret it in the future.

You are like that lady that chose a polytechnic over a university. Give it time, the regret will hit ya.
nonsense talk... He will not regret nothing if his way and life is well planned in Nigeria.. Forget that useless syndrome of I can only make it when I move oversea. If he is doing well for himself as a man I don't see what use the UK would be for him really.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by cedricksly: 5:09am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Did I do anything wrong?
do you brother, forget what any naysayers would have to say, if you are doing well for yourself or have your life planned out well here, then stay rather than be a visitor in another man's land.. That doesn't mean u can't go on vacation to enjoy life Iver there when on holiday, but I get that you don't want to stay in the UK as a resident
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by corlin2(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2023
For me Japa is not for everyone and not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by PeachtreeReside(f): 5:19am On May 27, 2023
I salute you on your courage and convictions!

Do what feels right FOR YOU!!

Please ignore these ones who think their country is hell.

May Nigeria favour us all in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by chipet67(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2023
Lols. Rubbish post
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Caseless: 5:39am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Did I do anything wrong?
I don't know why it has never been my thing to think I must travel out before I make it. I always believe I'll make it here, then travel on holidays to foreign land and not on certain visas that i'd be running up and down.

If your story here is true, I don't think anything is wrong with you. But if you don't have anything solid you're doing currently, go to UK and try it out. Maybe go and hustle some capital to come and start your dream business here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by sharpwriter(m): 5:41am On May 27, 2023
sibepoc:

You're not wrong oo. I went to that country and I'm back. Nothing sweet about UK. Except of course you're a struggling person. I'm doing quite well and I'll ever trade living in Nigeria for living in UK. They are practising modern slavery there. The weather, way of life, culture, etc is almost designed to give someone mental illness..
Let's leave way of life and culture... Let's talk about the weather. Please how can it give mental illness?
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Ten06(m): 5:52am On May 27, 2023
I hope you are not doing this because of one girl you love?

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by FireUpNow(m): 6:07am On May 27, 2023
You did what was right in your own understanding but I hope you won't live to regret your decision to stay back. Baba UK don start interview?
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Basicend: 6:19am On May 27, 2023
sibepoc:

You're not wrong oo. I went to that country and I'm back. Nothing sweet about UK. Except of course you're a struggling person. I'm doing quite well and I'll ever trade living in Nigeria for living in UK. They are practising modern slavery there. The weather, way of life, culture, etc is almost designed to give someone mental illness..

Don't mind the clowns here abusing the boy and advising him extremely. .

I have and had the same experience with the guy. . But right now, I can go anywhere I want in the world right from here in Nigeria.

Bro, if you have a clear vision from God, connect to it and stay where he asked you to stay and you will succeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Saynoomore: 6:24am On May 27, 2023
franchasofficia:
Op, if you were earning good income and doing well in Nigeria, I would have applauded you, but you seem either jobless, underemployed or still struggling to stand with a common Nigerian peoples warped belief that you will make it big some day in Nigeria like many crooks in Nigeria who sleep poor and wake up rich without any effort and track record of their success.

Guess what makes people like you cherish Nigeria so much?

1.) free pussies local girls in your area offer you with less stress and spending

2.) Peer group that you hang out with on the street to gossip about girls, football, cultism, etc

3.) Your love for illegality, crime and quick money which is known with the Nigerian environment whereby people just wake up rich through political connection or wuruwuru they call divine favour.

You better set your priorities right now that you are still young and have time to make adjustments before its too late

You nailed it! End of discussion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Solsix(m): 6:30am On May 27, 2023
Sleekcode:
You're destined to be somehow useless.

It's not your fault you willingly surrendered to poverty
This is harsh
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Patriotsleague: 6:42am On May 27, 2023
MartinsD12:

Not with that lazy op posted cooked up stories, did you read where he said the mother is feeling he won't succeed meaning he is not a made man yet, people that can afford to live here are successful people , they go to abroad do their business, import their goods and come in Nigeria to enjoy their money
It's not everyone that wants to be rich, it's possible he likes it here, he can become successful here too, don't count him out.
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Preciouschinwe(f): 6:46am On May 27, 2023
phorget:

Can your mum adopt me so as to replace yourself? Help me to ask her please.
hahahaha
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by denip: 6:48am On May 27, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Did I do anything wrong?

I will advise that you travel for visit and come back. If it expires and you don't make use of the visa, the embassy may find kt difficult giving you a visa when next you apply
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Unrated900(m): 6:48am On May 27, 2023
Fabricated story

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Nezzjnr: 6:55am On May 27, 2023
ikennaiteogu:
If you are financially secure in Nigeria, don't ever permanently relocate, the racism and disrespect in Europe and America is Terrible. It's getting worse and worse, they hate Black People Everywhere
What about the Tribalism back home?
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Sweetvie: 6:58am On May 27, 2023
RTID:
Imagination wan injure this one
Guy grin grin
Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by Benwems(m): 7:08am On May 27, 2023
Iamajala:
When did UK start conducting interview?

I for wan ask the same question too.

1 Like

Re: Am I wrong for Rejecting a UK Visa? by goldmatrix(m): 7:14am On May 27, 2023
U wan show us say U get UK visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do Ladies Manage To Hide Their Feelings Successfully? / This Is Why Men Cheat / Eva Alordiah: How I Masturbated As A Teenager (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.