Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React (91900 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Nigerians Cries Out / Northern Elders Bemoan Insecurity, Ask Buhari To Resign / North-East Govs Bemoan Inability To Try Boko Haram Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
thatigboman:
u people should stop deceiving yourselves. We produce crude oil and can't be expected to pay the same price for fuel as our neighbours that don't produce crude oil. Because government has failed to secure our borders, so ordinary citizens should bear the brunt of our goat's inefficiency.
Mind you, subsidy has not been removed.
Trust me, 15 years from now, you will still hear of subsidy in Nigeria. What's done is just outsreanous increase in the price of fuel.

Chad and Niger produce crude too and the price of fuel.is just as high as ours.

Benin too has discovered crude oil
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Dynamicboss: 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
Crazy comments 🤣 from Nigerians

8 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by WhatIf: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
LikeAking:

Na lies and propaganda...
Nigeria is not providing all the fuel used by those African countries.

Any evidences that proof it is a lies and propaganda?

9 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Tareq1105: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
WhatIf:
If this news is true, that means it is a good development for Nigeria Economy to strife positively.

Tinubu is justified. They said we were consuming 72 million litres of PMS per day. I've always contested this and now the truth is coming out gradually. It's no gainsaying that, for ages, Nigerian government has been subsidizing fuel for Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic, Togo, Republic of Benin, and up to Ghana.

Tinubu is justified and let no one or agent of political parties to ever think of strike or protest. It would fail and if they insist NLC would be factionalized after all unionism is voluntary.

18 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Cromagnon: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Fuel subsidy eaters have been feeding fact on Nigeria common wealth, they have caused serious damages to common man on the street by sitting tight on resources that should benefit us all.

Subsidy should go and government should channel it proceeds appropriately to make our Country better for all and sundry.

Another serious menace is the activities of Bureau De change
cbn you mean
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Pakman: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
Some Beninese business men have been benefitting from this for several years.

14 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Juoflife1(f): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
We subsidize fuel for them and they insult us. Now they are crying cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by GeneralPula: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
nafisu:
my time there, I didn't even know they had fuel stations, almost everyone bought from roadside.fuel everyone knew where it came from.
True.

Almost every house hold in benin are doing the smuggling business. You’ll notice they’re normally more than plenty at the road sides..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by WhatIf: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2023
Tareq1105:

Tinubu is justified. They said we were consuming 72 million litres of PMS per day. I've always contested this and now the truth is coming out gradually. It's no gainsaying that, for ages, Nigerian government has been subsidizing fuel for Cameroon, Chad, Niger Republic, Togo, Republic of Benin, and up to Ghana.

Tinubu is justified and let no one or agent of political parties to ever think of strike or protest. It would fail and if they insist NLC would be factionalized after all unionism is voluntary.

Gbamsolutely!!!!!!!! Nothing but the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Blitzking: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
sonature1:
All I know is that Nigerians don't take this country seriously. There's no way Benin Republic will be enjoying our subsidy without Nigerian customs and other border patrol agencies getting their share of the largasse.
Absolutely who are the ppl there are they robots..no be Nigerian..dem Don use the money chop life
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Jack500: 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:

This is pure propaganda

How is these products finding their way to those countries. No one have been sacked for not doing his job in securing our borders or arrested by the security agencies for smuggling

Instead of tackling the issues, they keep running around

Believe whatever you want to believe, one thing is certain, Tinubu will rule you and your family for the next 8 years, you can cry to death.

9 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Bfly: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
For this long, border countries economy has been sucking on Nigeria economy to create fuel scarcity which drives up price of fuel in Nigeria resulting to arificial inflation. If only price of fuel can be stabilised, we would still have thesame problem regardless, because now there is inflation. Price stability is the only benefit of getting this people out of the system, since fuel scarcity is the major factor here. Afterall the price is still up.

We can only hope that our politicians do not see this money of subsidy as more steps to the height of national cake to be shared.

8 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by jaymichael(m): 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
esemes256:
The kpayo got me laughing. grin
Even petrol from illegal refineries are sometimes smuggled to neighbouring countries.
Also fuel stolen from vandalized pipelines (though this has reduced to the barest minimum)

10 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Segzy19: 3:35pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ignorant idiots will call this news propaganda...
This has been the norm in border towns ...

Go to idi-iroko, ipokia, seme, owode-idi iroko in Ogun state and see fuel smuggling and bunkery in kegs, Jerrycans, drums (the small players) and tankers (for the big players)...
In those areas, one person can have up to 40 filling stations, using them to buy subsidizes fuel from the government but the fuel never gets to the filling stations. Those stations never dispense fuel for once. They all bunker them to Cotonou and port Novo....

But this is social media, people just display their ignorance anyhow

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Tvoice: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
The same bene dat deported nigerians few months ago .

Patriotsleague:
Nigeria has been carrying their burdens.

2 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by kay29000(m): 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Buddha3:

What that first gentleman told you is true. There's no propaganda as regards this particular issue.

In the course of my early hustling years, I was a pivotal part of a smuggling ring that moves subsidised petroleum products to Cameroon through road and water. Profits realised on every liter of fuel was enough to grease palms of officials on both divides of the border. Of course the process wasn't cheap and had its risk, but when you return home with a waist bag full of notes that you won't even bother to count before you head out the next day to rinse and repeat, you'll understand that the risk is nothing. I wasn't even involved on a full time basis cause I was in the University then, but the two or three trips I made per week, coupled with my small transport business on the side, all gave me enough money to live large as a student.

This shit is real! And 80percent of these smuggle rings are led by politicians, top military officers and hell, I even knew a ring that was owned by a church pastor.

Wow!

7 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by gaskiyamagana: 3:36pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:
I knew that they will come out with this propaganda

We are waiting for Niger, Togo, Chad and Cameroon

All to justify this thoughtless decision by Tinubu

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers
Who is he to effect your last paragraph when a whole Buhari can not ? In fact, those are the summary of Nigeria government failure with the masses bearing and nursing the wounds.

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by BreconHills(m): 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
grandlexuz:
The Kpayo local name of the sumggled fuel from Nigeria got me laughing. In Cameroon it is called Zoa.

Hahaha!

Used to be called Fèderal back back in the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by GeneralPula: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
esemes256:
The kpayo got me laughing. grin
Even petrol from illegal refineries are sometimes smuggled to neighbouring countries.
Everyday bro. Not sometimes..

In Benin 🇧🇯, petrol is so cost. They don’t normally go to filling station at all. The solely rely on Nigeria smugglers!

In coming days, you’ll see more revelations..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
WhatIf:
If this news is true, that means it is a good development for Nigeria Economy to strife positively.

How is it a good development for nigeria?

Do you know how long nigeria has been increasing price of petroleum roducts because of Benin republic?

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Reference(m): 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2023
Yet, not one single smuggling arrest, public trial and incarceration has been made on an activity said to be a national problem.
That isn't the definition of a problem but a way of life, a cultural activity.
How can so many people undertake such an open practice of such huge magnitude for such a long time and still call it a crime.....
One can live in this country for two lifetimes and remain befuddled about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
GeneralPula:

Everyday bro. Not sometimes..

In Benin 🇧🇯, petrol is so cost. They don’t normally go to filling station at all. The solely rely on Nigeria smugglers!

In coming days, you’ll see more revelations..

You are waiting for Benin republic revelation but you left nigeria revelation as to how all these petroleum products are able to cross nigerian border unchecked
Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Richwallet: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2023

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by lexy2014: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Reference:
Yet, not one single smuggling arrest, public trial and incarceration has been made on an activity said to be a national problem.
How can so many people undertake such an open practice of such huge magnitude for such a long time and still call it a crime.....

Thank you. Am.glad we still have people like u who aren't moved by the sensationalism in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by WhatIf: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
lexy2014:

How is it a good development for nigeria?

Do you know how long nigeria has been increasing price of petroleum roducts because of Benin republic?

Is there any evidences that Petroleum Products were been increase because of Benin Republic?

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by nairalanda1(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Reference:

Indeed, that is the cold truth. And yes, that is the question we have to ask

Still, the removal of subsidy has probably removed the rug from the smugglers feet.

1 Like

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by Psoul(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2023
Removal of subsidy is one of the best things to do.
My problem is, will the government invest the N7.2 trillion yearly budget into Education, Health or Infrastructure?
They will still loot it.

8 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by TollinsN: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Bobloco:
I knew that they will come out with this propaganda

We are waiting for Niger, Togo, Chad and Cameroon

All to justify this thoughtless decision by Tinubu

Instead of fixing refineries, blocking leakages, having an effective and efficient border patrol to arrest and prosecute these smugglers
I don't know why a sane person will call what is going on a propaganda. It seems people with low level of education want to behave as if they are also to be reckoned with.
Why should someone bring fuel into the country by ship register the ship and it's content for payment+subsidy and then at midnight move the product to another country for outright sale at cheaper cost.
Why is the cabal so strong that a whole Commodore who attempt arresting them was eased out out office.
THOSE BEHIND SUBSIDY ARE TOO POWERFUL

11 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by GeneralPula: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
NoToPile:
Loool livelihood of some people for this our Badagry side don cast.

Those of you doubting this smuggling stuff know nothing.

These people even transport/smuggle petrol in jerrycans with boats.

Customs can't be everywhere.

They know roads more than customs.
It’s their neighborhood. Many smuggling pathways that customs are yet to know self..

7 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by tete7000(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
The price differential even without subsidy will still make it attractive to smuggle to Benin Republic. We will be buying at 500+, they buy theirs at 800+

4 Likes

Re: Benin Republic Citizens Bemoan Fuel Subsidy Removal, Nigerians React by warlordd(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
Fuel subsidy eaters have been feeding fact on Nigeria common wealth, they have caused serious damages to common man on the street by sitting tight on resources that should benefit us all.

Subsidy should go and government should channel it proceeds appropriately to make our Country better for all and sundry.

Another serious menace is the activities of Bureau De change

Even Nepa too! The privatisation done by GEJ was a sham and needs to be revisited.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / THE TRUE FACE OF THE NORTH / Mr Macaroni Shares His Polling Unit Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.