Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347130 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2007
hi everybody,
tinking guy and enigma thanks a lot.you see a lot need to be done on 90cm dish a lot of people cannot be able to install a 1.8 or 2.4m dish in another man's compound,right now am working on 90cm dish an am able to get 12 channels from Nss7ku when combine 2 ku lnb.i think the problem we have is that we in southern nigeria can not get most beam on ku unlike people in north,europe and south africa.my advice for those in southern nigeria and on 90cm they should instal two 90cm east and west,whereas the only interesting channel in east is etv,while in west u can get 3 trend tv station including nollywood u can also watch live premiership 1 match per week. and la liga and french using some of french station.to me west is still the best position using 90cm in southern nigeria.
thinking guy i think u still have to lecture me on how to input those number i can now see the option screen on my receiver but i dont know where to input it.
enigma plzz tell me exactly wot i ll do on the menu inorder to input the master code u listed.
u two are great men,thanks a million times.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hi pitodenz,

Its good to know you made some progress, however entering the code is a function of the decoder, I leant 6969 is used for strong decoder and that you do this at the parental code screen (not too sure abot this as I dont use strong) but give it a trial if the channel you want to open is etv.

However, if you have a decoder as mine (Technosat) then you need to press the red button on reaching the parental code screen, this will take you to the current keys screen, where you will see thigs like:
Nagra, SECA, Viacess etc, , then chose nagra option and enter the keys you have.

I gues @ Enigma, is more knowlegable in this areas, is beter to check out all his pose and follow duly if you still cant do it with my directions.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Tinkinguy(m): 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2007
pitodenz, wat freguecies and SR did you used in the west directing for trend TV etc,
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2007
hi tinking guy,
i dont think this is the best place to disclose operators frequencies though its all free but just text me your number and i ii send it right away.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Berto: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2007
Hi, biggjoe, i must tell you, i like guys like you, you give others the required motivational ideas that can make them achieve what they never would have.
Now am Berto, i just got into this chat group nairaland where i read your write up on FTA,
What can i say, you are just the man i need to talk to.
i use a strong decoder( the model with the smart card slot), and a motorized 1.8m dish,dual LNB. right now am getting about 60 channels but i hear i can get some more, today i tried to assign a slot to Nilesat so i can receive MBC stations, the decoder just kept telling me "wrong frequency please try again" i now tried to input other frequencies i got from the net on my normal PAS 7,10 C and Ku band , it kept on telling me the same thing.i have about 47 frequencies on the Ku band and 196 frequencies on the C band, though not all of them pick up signals.
now here is the thing, how can i get my decoder to start accepting more inputs, and how can i get MBC stations.Please you can mail me back with all you know that can help I'll be grateful

I really like you approach!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2007
hi berto,
let me come into this,those freq that says invalid u did not put it correct.ku freq start from 11.000 to 12.000 were c band is on very low freq 3.000 to 4.000.you can only get nilesat if u re in northern nigeria see www.lyngsat.com for more freq.take care man.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by kuntash: 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2007
Please my Good people, Biggjoe-Enigma-Tinkin_guy-Twistaiye-Enigma, I appreciate your contributions on dis topic so far, pls may I get any assistance from any of you to set up this thing for me, or is it a ''do it urself'' stuff?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by ddbeke: 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2007
Can BigJoe give me his number please? mine is 08069670183.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Berto: 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2007
Hi Pitodenz, thanks for your comments, i did check the frequencies as you suggested but i still get the "invalid frequency try again" notice, though if i delete one frequency i can then input the earlier one it rejected.
Can you tell me the satellites that i can log on Here in Nigeria?
Thanks again, Cheers!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2007
for those of you that would like to view nilesat in nigeria. when i asked installers they told me it is not possible to track nilesat with this ordinary net dish, unless you have a fiber dish. so if you want the best go for the fiber dish and get over 100 channels. in my next post i will explain how to make the best out of your ku bands in nigeria. have fun guys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:47pm On Oct 18, 2007
@Berto

You probably have to change the LNB frequency setting in your receiver for C Band satellites.

For Ku Band sats the range should be 'Universal' or 9750-10,600 (or something like that); whereas for C Band sats, it should be set to 5150 or something like that.

Go through the menu of your receiver and check the LNB settings.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2007
Enigma:

@Berto

You probably have to change the LNB frequency setting in your receiver for C Band satellites.

For Ku Band sats the range should be 'Universal' or 9750-10,600 (or something like that); whereas for C Band sats, it should be set to 5150 or something like that.

Go through the menu of your receiver and check the LNB settings.

are you now saying that with this now, the ku-band can now work as a c-band receiver, and if yes, can that work also here in Nigeria
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2007
Hi Enitan

Normally an LNB is either Ku band or C Band. Nowadays, they have introduced one that does both Ku and C bands - however, that is not what I was talking about even.

From Berto's post, I thought Berto has a motorised dish - which has 2 LNBs; I thought perhaps one of them is Ku and the other C Band. Thus if he is receiving a sat through a/the C band LNB, he has to set his receiver setting to 5150 or something like that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by seuen: 9:52am On Oct 19, 2007
Hi guys how do I get Stations like NTA and AIT on my e-sat in South Africa.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 1:21pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ Seuen

I doubt you can get NTA & AIT on PAS 7/10 in South Africa because they are on the Ku Band and in any event are part of DSTV/Multichoice Africa package for which you have to subscribe; I doubt if they sell the Nigerian package in SA and even if you have a large enough dish you will probably have to get someone in Nigeria to buy you the card --- but then there is still the question of how you renew it monthly or quarterly. About 4 or 5 NTA channels are free on C Band on Intelsat at 27.5W (332.5E). Sometimes you can even see 'feeds' e.g. when the newscasters are still adjusting their head-ties and make-ups etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:29am On Oct 20, 2007
@Kuntash

Sorry about late reply to your post. I think because you are just starting out, you should try and find an installer. If you get one, stay with him and speak to him nicely and learn as much as you can; you will find that the technical side is as easy as A-B-C and I promise you that almost anyone can do it. For me personally the bit I don't like is the physical part e.g. hammering things to the wall etc. Actually, the dish can be even placed on the floor -- as long as there is clear line of sight to the part of the skies where the satellites are ----- just that this is not always practical with the way houses are built in Nigeria (Lagos esp) and the way we live. In Europe, DIY is getting more and more popular re satellites --- I think also in parts of south, eastern and northern Africa.

Hopefully, with time and more info DIY satellite TV will become more popular in Naija too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 12:46am On Oct 22, 2007
@ all
I've been greatly informed and excited bout this thread,its a great experience. I wz thinkin of gettin DSTV FAMILY at their next available promo,i shd hav a rethink, or guys what d'you think?

@pitodenz
Pal,can you pls give me a synopsis of the stations you get from the west and pls is there a satellite station by the name nollywood and if there is,is it included in your list of channels.

@twinstaiye
Man, i sent you an e-mail from my office id,am greatly in need of the sportsmax stuff if only i can try it out over here in Lag.
am out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2007
Vickivicki:

@ all
I've been greatly informed and excited bout this thread,its a great experience. I wz thinkin of gettin DSTV FAMILY at their next available promo,i should hav a rethink, or guys what d'you think?

@pitodenz
Pal,can you please give me a synopsis of the stations you get from the west and please is there a satellite station by the name nollywood and if there is,is it included in your list of channels.

@twinstaiye
Man, i sent you an e-mail from my office id,am greatly in need of the sportsmax stuff if only i can try it out over here in Lag.
am out.
I will tell you what to do. Forget about dstv,they are thieves. Get a strong reciever SRT4651X. Get a 180cm dish,2ku lnbs.1 diseq with cables and oher things. position your dish due west 7 degrees hook up to nilesat and eutelsat2.
you will get over a100 channels including cnn,aljazera,bbc sky one,mbc action,national geographic discovery science etc.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2007
hi jujukemist
how sure are u about this, becos when are asked the installers they told me its only possible to get nile sat with a fiber dish from 2.4metres above. pls do not post what u are not sure of. thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 7:19am On Oct 25, 2007
jujukemist:

I will tell you what to do. Forget about dstv,they are thieves. Get a strong reciever SRT4651X. Get a 180cm dish,2ku lnbs.1 diseq with cables and oher things. position your dish due west 7 degrees hook up to nilesat and eutelsat2.
you will get over a100 channels including cnn,aljazera,bbc sky one,mbc action,national geographic discovery science etc.

Man,but you are in the north,but if possible i can still view them here in Lag as u said means i might need to give u a call.Just get across to me: aderewaju@yahoo.com.

yaris:

hi jujukemist
how sure are u about this, because when are asked the installers they told me its only possible to get nile sat with a fiber dish from 2.4metres above. please do not post what u are not sure of. thank you

bros.from you previous post you promised the house something we are still waiting.
am out.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2007
yaris:

hi jujukemist
how sure are u about this, because when are asked the installers they told me its only possible to get nile sat with a fiber dish from 2.4metres above. please do not post what u are not sure of. thank you
Shut up and listen! una sabi sabi for south nahim make northerners get sense pas una. if u guys dont know how to go about enjoying these free gifts from the arab world, then get to me in kaduna. Things are really cheap here. I am not a business man, but a scientist. So I will tell you the truth SRT4653X the latest reciever in the Nigerian market goes for 9000N here, while you people are killing each other with about 15000K. The 1.8mters steel zinc coated parabola goes for 8K.If u like say ino they possible OYO for you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2007
Vickivicki:

Man,but you are in the north,but if possible i can still view them here in Lag as u said means i might need to give u a call.Just get across to me: aderewaju@yahoo.com.

bros.from you previous post you promised the house something we are still waiting.
am out.
Correct bros I see say you no be judas, you be thomas.So I go make you believe.Na you they look for something,so na you go look for me.I invite you come my house for kaduna for one weekend make you watch my frre to air setup for my house.Then you gobuy the hardware your self carry go lagos-the thin cheap for arewa here. tongue
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2007
yaris:

for those of you that would like to view nilesat in nigeria. when i asked installers they told me it is not possible to track nilesat with this ordinary net dish, unless you have a fiber dish. so if you want the best go for the fiber dish and get over 100 channels. in my next post i will explain how to make the best out of your ku bands in nigeria. have fun guys.
Shuo! this yaris of a guy u just de mis lead people for here. Fibre nonesense-ure among the people in this country wey they make things difficult for others.If u nono something u no goask.As far as Nilesat is concerned the North is the expert. So yaris let us hear word. Infact I am also inviting you to com to kaduna-no fear eno cost to come.1500N daytime bus. till u come
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2007
jujukemist:

Correct bros I see say you no be judas, you be thomas.So I go make you believe.Na you they look for something,so na you go look for me.I invite you come my house for kaduna for one weekend make you watch my frre to air setup for my house.Then you gomy the hardware your self carry go lagos-the thin cheap for arewa here. tongue

@jk
Man,you are the man;but i may not be able to come to arewa now as i don use my annual vac for the year dont mind spending one week with you as e be say e dey pain me say i never start to dey enjoy dis thing.
When i said u get across to me i mean let me av wot i can communicate you on.Lest i forget do you watch premership n do you av sportsmax.
PEACE!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 12:58pm On Oct 26, 2007
Bros my number na 08036322199. the name is Paul. If your emphasis is the english league, you may be disappointed.How ever there are ways we are exploring eg the CAS system. But believe me the gains of having Nilesat and eutelsat far out weighs your loss. perhaps with time we will get to know each other better-we will make more discoveries together
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2007
@jk
THANX PAUL 'LL DEFINITELY CHAT WITH YOU 2MRW.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2007
hi jujukemist
is like we got off to a bad start. sorry for the misunderstanding, its totally my fault. the fact is that for you to get nilesat in aba or south east. u need a viber dish. but if u know any other possible means u can let me know. no body is perfect. thanks

for those of u intrested in getting nollywood its at intel 907 27.5 west freq 11661/H/7.053 its free to air. have fun
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2007
yaris:

hi jujukemist
is like we got off to a bad start. sorry for the misunderstanding, its totally my fault. the fact is that for you to get nilesat in aba or south east. u need a viber dish. but if u know any other possible means u can let me know. no body is perfect. thanks

for those of u intrested in getting nollywood its at intel 907 27.5 west freq 11661/H/7.053 its free to air. have fun
Yaris, no prob. I am sorry too. u can also get nollywood,EWTN and mbi international using a KU lnb from Eutelsat 1 or 2 or 3.Dish to face 7-8 deg west. I Will check ur topography and analyse it using the azimuth calculator to confirm wat you are saying concerning the fibre dish. Remember that the dish is just to collect and concentrate the beam for the lnb to pick
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ jujukemist

I think you mean 7 degrees east for Eutelsat W3? Eutelsat W2 is at 16 east and I first thought some frequencies on that are possible too in Nigeria - but now I don't think so; plus the 16e satellite is rather weak, Nilesat will be difficult for people in the South. People in the North can even try for Arabsat at 26e which has similar TV channels to Nilesat including some MBC stations; Arabsat may also be just possible in the south.

Edited
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2007
Enigma:

@ jujukemist

I think you mean 7 degrees east for Eutelsat W2? Eutelsat W3 is at 16 east and some frequencies on that are possible too in Nigeria. Nilesat will be difficult for people in the South. People in the North can even try for Arabsat at 26e which has similar TV channels to Nilesat including some MBC stations; Arabsat may also be just possible in the south.

@Enigma
You are very correct with the positions av checked it out,but can i ask you ds d'you mean those of us in Lag. can not be able to view W2/W3 with 1.8m dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2007
Hi

The 5 or so channels on the Africa beam of W3 at 7e should be receivable in southern Nigeria on between 90cm and 1.2. See this map: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew3a_afr.html.

As for W2 at 16e, it actually looks like nothing on it can be received in Nigeria (I will edit my previous post for better accuracy!).
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by yaris(m): 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2007
jujukemist:

Yaris, no prob. I am sorry too. u can also get nollywood,EWTN and mbi international using a KU lnb from Eutelsat 1 or 2 or 3.Dish to face 7-8 deg west. I Will check your topography and analyse it using the azimuth calculator to confirm what you are saying concerning the fibre dish. Remember that the dish is just to collect and concentrate the beam for the lnb to pick

jujukemist
pls what are the frequencies for this channels on eutelsat 1 or 2 or 3, and also what other channels are the c or ku. thanks.

also pls i used a 3meter dish net type, just in case u for the calulation u promised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.