Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,865 members, 7,855,551 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348804 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 8:28pm On May 12, 2008
well am about to,i will be is contact in nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 8:30am On May 13, 2008
Dear all,
Is it possible to track the nutty W3 with a 60cm dish?
Your resposes are eagerly awaited.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 9:23am On May 13, 2008
@Gangsta101

Hi man , please just try and follow the steps Enitan gave you in his post above , Like he said thats what worked for me and every other person should take note, Usually safer this way for tracking the satellite. After your dish is locked in on the satellite you can play with your decoder all you want, grin.

@ all newbies

This should be the recommended tracking method , choose the blank satellite name in the "dish setting" menu of your decoder(STRONG). Then go to the manual tracking , and still under the blank satellite name put in your desired frequency and signal ratio and polarity too, start turning your dish until you get a green cheesy cheesy cheesy, Lock in your dish and then continue to search for other available frequency on the bird you are locked on to , by doing a blind scan. Enitan is the man, "Oga na master" Thanks Eni

@Badaru1 & Enitan

I have got the patch too , think have seen it before, just asking , will this give me anything on my 2 90cm dish on W3a and intelsat 7/10 ? And i agree with Enitan on send me, send me , patch. I came here 3-4 weeks ago and you can see how dedicated i am, When the goodies come like this, dedicated member of the forum should benefit from it, not rippers. Its up to anyone offering to decide who to send. Thank you all

@bodejohn

as you said the bird is nutty(W3a) , and its easy enough for us on 90cm dish , now u are talking 60cm , u might give it a go, for me am not sure , i'll advice you get a 90cm dish (just 3,500) and with that u can ask for my help am here in Ibadan.

@all

Thank you all for keeping this forum lively as ever, long live NIRALAND , long live FTA

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 9:43am On May 13, 2008
Enitan and Justx24

please understand, i am already receiving w3a, infact my signal levels are pretty higher than ever, MBC 1&2 are like 74%, Go AFRica, like 62%, and so on, ieven watched the last few champions league game and the EPL season finale on MBC2, i repeat, i have no problems receiving the satellite's beam at all. i was just posting my experience/observations that was all, but i thank you guys for your info just the same.

for those on nilesat and currently using the art showtime keys, are they still working? i think i might have messed up my decoder pretty earlier on cos it doesn't recognise the softcams i was trying to use for it so i couldn't use them. next, i opened the softcams on my laptop using notepad and was able to get the keys to input manually after accessing the menu using 8282, but after inputting them my signals are still scrambled. infact that was for show time, i just realised i wasn't receiving showsports and ART anymore, so u guys does it work for you?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2008
@ enigma
plz i need help urgently,i tried to upgrade a 4653x some days back and when i load the software through usb the receiver went dead.the software i got it from strong original website it the one with no patch,i was to patch it later but the receiver went dead.meanwhile i think the reciever is pirated strong because i use my software every time in different strong reciever.plz what can i do to get this receiver back.

@ badaru
send me the softcam key for showtime and aljazeera. pitodenz@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:29am On May 13, 2008
@ enigma
plz i need help urgently,i tried to upgrade a 4653x some days back and when i load the software through usb the receiver went dead.the software i got it from strong original website it the one with no patch,i was to patch it later but the receiver went dead.meanwhile i think the reciever is pirated strong because i use my software every time in different strong reciever.plz what can i do to get this receiver back.

@ badaru
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:35am On May 13, 2008
@ enigma

@ badaru
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 11:38am On May 13, 2008
sorry for the repeating same things it due to this damn server here.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by karlken(m): 2:14pm On May 13, 2008
Thumbs up Nairaland!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by salamander(m): 2:28pm On May 13, 2008
@enitan

I hope you got my mail. But if anything, get in touch with urfriend, he is my main contact
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 13, 2008
@ slamander,
is there anything wrong dealing with you directly, i dont think i need a 3rd party in this case, cos am not a newbbie in this bussiness. Whats your say to that.

I will check my mail very soon
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 13, 2008
@ pitodenz/toxnaija,

I've sent the patch across to your mail boxes, i trust u guys.

Keep it up

@ salamander,
check yur mail box for the reply
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 4:35pm On May 13, 2008
Thank you once again Enigma, Enitan & Pitondenz for all your contributions on this thread.

@ Bodejohn

I have recently ugraded my receiver with a patch i got from this thread and i dont know if the one u have is the same. Pls, i would like u to give me a link thru my email adejumoabdulazeez@gmail.com

@ Enitan

Could u pls email the softcame for ART showtime and Aljazeera to me on adejumoabdulazeez@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate it.
Thank u in anticipation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2008
My take on giving away patches is this. Do to others as you'll like others to do unto you. Be safe and use your discretion when receiving and giving away patches. Don't refuse patches to newbies simply because they are new, as we were all newbies at some point. Don't sell paches because the coders gave it to the public for free. Due to my location in the Americas, I don't post regularly, but read as often as time allows me. Does that make me a newbie, even though I have been using  FTA here in America for over 5 years? When i visit home, I may need a patch and some pointers on how to catch those Atlantic birds, and I hope no one says I'm a newbie and ignore my cry for help. That my 2 kobo!! wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2008
azeezbaba:

Thank you once again Enigma, Enitan & Pitondenz for all your contributions on this thread.

@ Bodejohn

I have recently ugraded my receiver with a patch i got from this thread and i don't know if the one u have is the same. Please, i would like u to give me a link through my email adejumoabdulazeez@gmail.com

@ Enitan

Could u please email the softcame for ART showtime and Aljazeera to me on adejumoabdulazeez@gmail.com. I'd really appreciate it.
Thank u in anticipation.

Patches are receiver specific. By that i mean that a strong receiver patch might not work with a skysat receiver, or any other receiver. You need to tell me your receiver type.
You also need to be careful the type of patches you install on your receivers, you could cause irrepairable damages to your receiver.
Download your patches from trusted sites and people.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2008
hi enitan pls don't miss understand me,we have already worked out how we will be sending the system to nigeria.the way it's cheaper and faster.u can reach me on asuquoeton@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 13, 2008
@ urfriend,
its so good so hear this from you, the guy said the cards are married to the decoders, so that mean the smart cards wont work then on our strong decoders, can you kindly send the estimated price of the boxes and smart cards to my mail box, enitany20022005@yahoo.com, or is there any patch that will allow the card to work with the strong decoders?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 7:45pm On May 13, 2008
hi enitan sent u the info in ur mail address.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gitano: 9:03pm On May 13, 2008
@ ALL,
MEN ! i dey impressed with all of una! y na 2day i come know una
great job guys, lots of creativity, lots of research.

I just got to hear from a very reliable source that some guys are bringing some DUALVIEW receivers into the country that will be able to work for any satellite at all. and it will be very cheap and affordable. The company wants to use that to gain naija market.
WATCH OUT. I will keep you posted
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 6:48am On May 14, 2008
enitan
pls can you send the patch for showtime into my mail box. pls do you have the patch for strong 4653X, i have one that is not patch yet or will the showtime patch do it. About the Gtv is it cheaper than Hitv which of their satellite position one will be facing eultelsatw4 or w3.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 7:05am On May 14, 2008
Gangsta101
you cannot manually input showtime key into strong receiver because the key is 36digits and strong as a space for 16. there is receiver the new supermas it has the softcam key for showtime and Art only that it is not auto so it will not open unless you input the key manually and there is space to contain all the key at once.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 9:57am On May 14, 2008
@Bodejohn

Thanks for the enlightenment. I have heard that if one downloads patches from untrusted sites, it could cause irrepairable damage to the receiver and dats y i want u to give me the one from a trusted site. My receiver model is STRONG SRT 4653x. Thank you very much.

@Enitan

Pls i need the softcam for ART and Aljazeera channels. My email addy is adejumoabdulazeez@gmail.com. thank u in anticipation
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2008
@ all
all u guys post here is give me the patch ,give me the patch whereas many of us here dont even know the different betwen patches and softcam keys.plz someone should confirm to us if that patch open showtime and art for real.all i need is confirmation from a nairalander.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by digitalp: 2:45pm On May 14, 2008
Hi all Nairalanders, I am a Cameroonian residing in Cameroon. I have been an FTA enthusiast since 2001. Currently I have 4 KU band and 2 C band installations at my home for all the FTA sat mentioned on this forum. I have been a keen reader of this forum ever since i stumbled on it last year. I am glad to note that so many Africans like me have the same interest in FTA, and I also admire the spirit of sharing info on this forum. Well for those needing info on strong softcams and patches for nilesat, it works and contact me on digitalpenn@yahoo.com for the latest patch and keys.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 2:57pm On May 14, 2008
Pitodenz,

u couldn't have said it better. i wish someone using the patch would let us know
1. if it works
2. what channels it opens
3. how long it usually lasts before it goes off

Mide

well, i can't past an image of the strong key menu but i could have sworn the keys i was inputting fit properly into the available spaces, but since it hasn't worked for me who am i to say any thing.

DigitalP

welcome aboard! If u speak french i'm sure u enjoy most of these FTA channels more than us. i will send u a mail, with my email addy if u can send the patch to me. problem is my decoder doesn't seem to recognise softcams via usb anymore and if i try using usb to load a software it says insufficient memory. maybe i'll go get that rs232 cable after all. though i wonder why it should cost N1,000.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 2:59pm On May 14, 2008
@pitodenz

I think u are right. Many of us dont know the difference between Softcam Keys and Patches. I think Enigma, Enitan, Bodejohn show please throw more light on this. Questions like dis should be answered

a.)  Does latest patch open up some channels?

b.)  Do we still need Softcam Keys after patching.

I think answering this questions would clarify a lot things.

Enigma, Enitan, Bodejohn pls do justice.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by isomadtech(m): 3:23pm On May 14, 2008
@all
using patches and softcam keys are receiver specific therefore great care should be taken when using any of them and you must also have a trusted site to download them.
@all
i can see that some people are confused about the polarization of the signals from the satellite. there are two types of polarisation especially in c-band system. the first is the direct polarisation that is when you see the operator using vertical(V) or horizontal (H). the second one is circular polarisation, this uses left and right hand polarisation. The left is the same as Horizontal while the right is the vertical. this circular polarisation enables the operator to make use of more space on thier payload(satellite). when you use a c-band lnbf without di-electric you will be able to receive channels that are on direct polarisation such satellites include Pas7/10 c-band. that is why toxnaija could get some stations he could not get before on this satellite and cannot receive on other satellites. when a di-electric is inserted you are limited on direct polarisation and you will receive on those with circular polarisation. in short, it is the di-electric plate that make tyhe wonder of the polarisation.

when you insert the di-electric in a wrong way, the ststions you are supposed to receive on the vertical will come out using horizontal and vice versa.

these are very important and basic elements of iunstallation.
@Badaru
i will like to meet you when you get to lagos.

@all
toxnaija had a little problem with his ku- lnb and that is why he could not receive the stations on Nss7 ku. though the problem is a bit technical because he can still receive on W4. so you must watch out when you receive on some frequencies and not on others. unlike the c-band lnbf, ku band lnb has double oscillator i.e 9.75/10.6 and each of them has the frequencies allocated to them to receive.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 4:22pm On May 14, 2008
azeezbaba:

@pitodenz

I think u are right. Many of us don't know the difference between Softcam Keys and Patches. I think Enigma, Enitan, Bodejohn show please throw more light on this. Questions like this should be answered

a.)  Does latest patch open up some channels?

Answer:  I wouldn't know since I currently don't reside in Nigeria, but if loaded into the right receiver it should work.

b.)  Do we still need Softcam Keys after patching.

Answer: No, in almost all cases the patch will automatically pull in the right keys (Auto roll), but sometimes, you may have to load a softcam key into the receiver, if the changes to the broadcast stream do not significantly affect the patch's alogrithms. You may have to disable the Auto roll feature in your reciever for a Softcam key to work.

I think answering this questions would clarify a lot things.

Enigma, Enitan, Bodejohn please do justice.
Gangsta101:

Pitodenz,

u couldn't have said it better. i wish someone using the patch would let us know
1. if it works

Answer: Good to know, but always give a general idea.

2. what channels it opens

Answer:  If you really want your opened channels to last long, it is a bad idea to a anounce it here in the forum as the Providers (owners of the channels) will quickly lock the channels again. Remember, they have their technicians on the internet looking for ways to make their Broadcasts more secure.

3. how long it usually lasts before it goes off

Answer: See Above. No one knows..

Mide

well, i can't past an image of the strong key menu but i could have sworn the keys i was inputting fit properly into the available spaces, but since it hasn't worked for me who am i to say any thing.

DigitalP

welcome aboard! If u speak french i'm sure u enjoy most of these FTA channels more than us. i will send u a mail, with my email addy if u can send the patch to me. problem is my decoder doesn't seem to recognise softcams via usb anymore and if i try using usb to load a software it says insufficient memory. maybe i'll go get that rs232 cable after all. though i wonder why it should cost N1,000.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2008
Hello peeps

Difference between patches and softcam and keys:

Patch = operating software but not the original software of the manufacturer; it is usually produced by third parties; it allows the receiver to do certain things including (a) to accept softcams; (b) to have keys entered; (c) to use cards of different encryption systems.

Softcam = small or mini software which contains keys; it allows keys to be entered through a computer or through a USB flash - instead of entering the keys manually by remote

Keys = codes that open some TV channels; can be entered manually through the remote or by loading softcam

Notes:

1. For now, most people in Naija only need to patch the receiver once; after that you can enter new keys into the receiver by remote or by softcams; however sometimes, a new more powerful patch comes out for some receivers which means that when that patch is loaded you don't need to enter keys manually or by softcam as the patch will auto-roll (AU) new keys as and when necessary; in that case it is better to load that new patch.

2. Whether powerful patch, softcams or manual keys -- they all only last for a short time because the TV providers change things frequently. It is a cat n mouse game.

Got to go out now; back in 15 minutes to answer some queries especially for Pitodenz. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 4:35pm On May 14, 2008
isomadtech:

@all
using patches and softcam keys are receiver specific therefore great care should be taken when using any of them and you must also have a trusted site to download them.
@all
i can see that some people are confused about the polarization of the signals from the satellite. there are two types of polarisation especially in c-band system. the first is the direct polarisation that is when you see the operator using vertical(V) or horizontal (H). the second one is circular polarisation, this uses left and right hand polarisation. The left is the same as Horizontal while the right is the vertical. this circular polarisation enables the operator to make use of more space on their payload(satellite). when you use a c-band lnbf without di-electric you will be able to receive channels that are on direct polarisation such satellites include Pas7/10 c-band. that is why toxnaija could get some stations he could not get before on this satellite and cannot receive on other satellites. when a di-electric is inserted you are limited on direct polarisation and you will receive on those with circular polarisation. in short, it is the di-electric plate that make tyhe wonder of the polarisation.

when you insert the di-electric in a wrong way, the ststions you are supposed to receive on the vertical will come out using horizontal and vice versa.

these are very important and basic elements of iunstallation.
@Badaru
i will like to meet you when you get to lagos.

@all
toxnaija had a little problem with his ku- lnb and that is why he could not receive the stations on Nss7 ku. though the problem is a bit technical because he can still receive on W4. so you must watch out when you receive on some frequencies and not on others. unlike the c-band lnbf, ku band lnb has double oscillator i.e 9.75/10.6 and each of them has the frequencies allocated to them to receive.

Just to add to the highlighted. R (Right) in the circular Sats is equal to V (Vertical) in the Linear Sat, and L (Left) in circular Sats is equal to H (Horizontal)in the Linear Sats. Therefore R=V and L=H. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2008
OK

pitodenz

You don't need to keep loading manufacturer's software unless really necessary; for example if a new software is released which improves the previous one. Note also that if you load manufacturer's software, your receiver will no longer open encrypted channels unless you load a patch again.

I know how to revive a 'dead' receiver using the RS232 (null modem) cable; I will explain it and you might adapt it using the USB flash.

1. Switch off your receiver
2. Connect the cable to computer and receiver
3. Open/Start the Loader programme on the computer
4. Use Loader programme to find the software you want; either a working patch or manufacturers' software
5. Then switch on the receiver

The receiver will then load the software from the computer; if the software is good software, it will revive the receiver.

I'm not sure how to adapt this procedure using a USB flash; maybe just get the cable and follow the procedure I described.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 5:30pm On May 14, 2008
Regarding Showt*me and ART and keys generally

1. Keys change frequently; sometimes once a day; sometimes several times a day; one provider even used to change keys every ten minutes; whereas some providers do not change keys for weeks or months

2. It seems that the Showtime keys are currently changing at least once a day (I am not currently getting Nilesat, so I don't know the situation completely)

3. This means that those who want Showtime must keep going to sites that post keys to find out what is happening and the latest keys and load them --- either by remote or by softcam

4. Remember if loading a patch or softcam, you must ensure that it is compatible with your receiver, otherwise you might have problems.

5. It is possible that some receivers have patches that can auto-roll Showtime keys; you will just have to search the Net for information about your own brand of receiver.

6. People who keep saying 'give me patch' should go back a few pages on this thread because I am sure that the address of one or two sites to get keys etc have already been posted!

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.