Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348532 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 8:28pm On May 14, 2008
@all

Long time long silence from me. Reason? No new discovry. Honestly, I am enjoying this forum. I visit to read whenever I have internet opportunity. I will say big THANK YOU to eniitan, badaru, toxnaija, enigma, Bodejohn, F_marshal infact all of una wey dey active. I no fit mention finish and u juxt24 u  sure say u never dey fta before tay tay. You don become authority o. That is exactly what this forum does to u if u get hooked. do u know that if i don't get online to this forum in a day then i believe a new info is passing me by and when I finally do it becomes the truth. Kudos to u guys.

@pitodenz

Have u been able to fix your receiver? same thing happened to me some time past after reading patch, upgrade, softcam and so on I went into practical with my 4653x. I got int strong website and downloaded this firmware to upgrade my receiver. i put it in a flash disk and ran d software but what did i get? same result as u.

I went to computer village to get myself an rs232 cable but could not connect the receiver to the pc. reason is that they said it was d wrong rs232 cable. i ended up going to oshodi with d receiver and they used their receiver to fix it.

Here is what they did. they used their cable to loop my receiver to a working one of same model. then they just went to the menu and now copied they software from the good reciever to my bad one. after copying was completed, they unplugged mine and then it was ok. i am on 08023162076 if u need me to verbally explain. Best of luck.

@bodejohn

Abeg broda no go try say u dey use 60cm go dey look for that wild naughty bird o. U see how many warships wey juxt24 carry before e get am. grin . d tin be say if u no get 90cm as in standard 90cm no just try am. no be those 80cm wey dem dey call 90cm for us at alaba. anyway u fit try am sha if u win, I sure say we go all try to be like u.

@all
now read this but dont laugh. I am ondering if someday some one would do something to a 90cm dish and it can be as strong as say 3.6m dish signal wise so that we wey dey for rent house wey no get space fit enjoy all this dia nilesat and co. abi 90cm users no wish like that? remember dont laugh. abi u dey laugh?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2008
you cannot manually input showtime key into strong receiver because the key is 36digits and strong as a space for 16.

@mide & gangsta

I am very sure you can manually input those keys into the Strong receiver.

Keys usually come in two formats both of which amount to the same thing. When the key is in the 32 character format, it is called the Dec key; when it is in the 16 Character format it is called the Hex key. On the Strong the keys are to be entered in the Hex format therefore if the key you have is in the Dec format all you need to do is to convert it using a Hex to Dec key converter which you can find on the Net (or even on some computers and phones).

@gangsta

Your keys must be out of date; try finding and loading latest keys -- correctly.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2008
@ vickoy23

Thanks man for the complements, I have never for ones being near a satellite decoder in operation before , i see them in friends house and usually i don't go near it , ( thinking it can bite me grin). I I was thinking of getting a DSTV for my house , but thinking of it , am in my office by 7:30am , and i close 5:00pm( self employed). And when u get home NEPA( sorry PHCN), is another problem , that will not stop them from disconnecting you when u date is due. So i was on the internet to read about satellite , Got here somehow, and i start reading from the first page till the last one. Now i know its very interesting. Then i decide to go for it, I was playing around with one Old decoder from TITV, think its analog . Didn't help me understand anything since i cant get any information about the old decoder. So i got my STRONG 4653 plus the X since i read the forum , i know X mean stronger strong cheesy. I only follow instruction from the forum, and i set out to but my equipment , then i came across "satellite finder", never heard of it , but i buy it and read instruction, i have never move so close to a satellite dish before , i usually saw them on roofs,

No more Stories , I did it and sure its my first time , now i have 2 dish on my roof W3a and Intelsat 7/10. Still am not satisfied with my set of channels, its either i pay MyTV to explore more, or get another dish.
Please someone give me a link to any tripple X( Bleep) channel on FTA i can view with my 90cm dish here in Nigeria (Ibadan).

@all

Am ready to help anyone in my area out with this bird W3a , sure will track it in less time, ( i have my high powered telescopic "Heckler & Koch 5.56mm assault rifle developed for US military" for shooting down birds, we call it the Satellite finder + COMPASS grin grin grin, Dont forget i day Ibadan. you all would have seen am an American movie freak, with no movie station on my 2 dishes yet , at least for free. Pls advice.

I have read alot and i now know there is really almost nothing for us with 90cm dish in the patch and softkey talk for now . Maybe in the near future, Am ready for any new thing in the FTA , the bigger dish for C-band is not my line for now , 'cos of space , but i can help anyone install , In Ibadan if u give me a call, 08053334470, 08034707935. Might involve u pay for my Amala lunch or more wink
got around to find out the 1.8m dish is 10k, the motor is 3k, the bracket or whats it called is 3k so u have it all for 16k, all, here in Ibadan. Then the LNB and decoder with cable comes in , just letting you guys have an idea of what we have here in IB.

Thank you all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 5:05pm On May 15, 2008
[/quote][quote author=justx24 link=topic=7715.msg2262645#msg2262645 date=1210843952]
@ vickoy23

Thanks man for the complements, I have never for ones being near a satellite decoder in operation before , i see them in friends house and usually i don't go near it , ( thinking it can bite me grin).

Am ready to help anyone in my area out with this bird W3a , sure will track it in less time, ( i have my high powered telescopic "Heckler & Koch 5.56mm assault rifle developed for US military" for shooting down birds, we call it the Satellite finder + COMPASS grin grin grin, Dont forget i day Ibadan. you all would have seen am an American movie freak, with no movie station on my 2 dishes yet , at least for free. Please advice.

justx24, I like ya attitude towards dis awa satellite hobby o! smiley For all satellite enthusiasts, you have to be open minded and try new things. Don't let fear of failure get the best of you. Again, justx24, you have pointed out the basic but necessary tools for this hobby, they are as you already stated, a Compas and a basic cheap satellite finder. Believe you me, that will save you a lot time on a very very hot day on the Zinc roof. Those basic tools will also be saving you hours guessing which direction to face your dish. It is true that we in Africa are kind of late joining the FTA pool, but please, let's not be stuck in the satellite primitive, stone age of finding our lovely birds. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by djsmith: 12:32am On May 16, 2008
:Dhi mr Enigma, how are u do ? i a new guy just want to know u more pls and i dont know how can u call me cos i dont know how to get ur no to call u and i dont know how to give u my too, i
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2008
@ Badaru1

Men, u are d bomb!!!. Thanks for the mail, i really appreciate ur help.

I must confess to all nairalanders that being a member of nairaland is the greatest thing that has happened to me in recent times (especially this FTA thread).

I love u all, Enigma, Badaru1, Enitan, Jujukemist and all those that have contributed to this thread one way or the other.

Keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 3:29pm On May 16, 2008
I need some advice from the pros in the house , am really thinking of going for a bigger dish C-band , and with any number of Lnb i can manage, but i need to know which satellites i should be able to get with a 1.8m dish here in Ibadan. Should be same sets with the ones you can view in Lagos. Still thinking if i can manage to install that size in my rented apartment, Mind you i have a fence to deal with , almost as tall as that of Kirikiri, cheesy.

Please advice , and ,maybe a abit of what i can get with a bigger one , next in line to 1.8m

Una no go day just look me like me this , i more action ooo,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 7:25am On May 17, 2008
@all
can some explain what is wrong with my strong 4653X if i wont to load a patch or upgrade it through usb flash disk it complain of memory error
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 3:53pm On May 17, 2008
mide2008:

@all
can some explain what is wrong with my strong 4653X if i wont to load a patch or upgrade it through usb flash disk it complain of memory error

go to strong website and download the original software then u can load the patch after the original software
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2008
@ all
the patch only work for show cinema,disney channel,but not art or aljazeera.well am not getting all the showtime channels now.am in warri in one of our nairaland member house.the works
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 6:29am On May 18, 2008
@pitodenz
thanks i will do as you said. can you please send the showtime patch to my mail box (olalekanleye@yahoo.com) pls will i still load using flash when i download the original software from strong site.
@enitan
bad network did not allows us to finish our discussion on phone the other time. you can still use the same number to call when you are availlable.
@all
for those who wants to use 60cm dish to catch W3 you can go ahead cause it receivable with it. I have tried it and it works.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 7:31am On May 18, 2008
@ mide 2008
Pls confirm that i can try the nutty W3 bird with a 60cm dish.
I will eagerly await your reply.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2008
@ all
ART is ok but u need to put keys manually.

@Pitodenz

How far with the instalation?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 10:16am On May 18, 2008
badaru1:

@ all
ART is ok but u need to put keys manually.

@Pitodenz

How far with the instalation?

badaru we cannot open the dstv up till now.(service scramled internet on).
u can send the art keys here the ones i have here is 32 digit and i cant convert them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 18, 2008
@ all experts-in-house,
can see you guys are really keeping doing the great wotk here on the forum, my absence for some days have been due to my tight schedule, was at base in lagos btw friday and suday morning, so i hooked up to my W3a bird but i didnt really enjoy it due to power hoarding company, but i watched the FA cup final on saturday on the bird, i posted the tv screenshots for you guys to see, and i'll patiently wait till this free2view guys add the promised stations, am just addicted to that bird and i watched some documentaries on MSNBC which was really touching, i wonder what that station will be showing in terms of news when the US Election is over.

@ badaru1,
how u dey na?

@ mide2008.
i will forward the patch to yur box now, hav been away from internet connectivity all this while, but am back now

@ toxnaija,
no new infos from u?

@ OLA,
kindly text the info we wanted to discuss this afternoon but due to poor receptivity the connection was lost, so i will be expecting yur tex, thanks so much for always giving the feedbacks i really needed.

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mjay(m): 9:21pm On May 18, 2008
Hello guys, please i need someone to come help track w3 for me. I'm willing to pay plzzzzzz. i brought an installer from oshodi but he could not track it. He obviously has not even heard about it. I'm missing the damn thing, i got mytv and dstv already tracked. Please guys i need this bird. once more plzzzzz. i'm willing to pay for the tracking. 08033093741/07028003774. Waiting hopefully.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 9:57pm On May 18, 2008
all,
I am really glad to be back,and very sorry for the long silence.I was down with measles but better now.Thanks for the contributions when I had problems picking NSS7 ku.It was the lnb that was bad but I eventually got the problem solved with a HiTV lnb.
badaru1,
thanks a million for the Showtime patch.It worked for me.Nilesat is the best for now if you can afford to have space.I am currently watching Showtime Cinema1-4,Disneychannel,Bloomberg,National Geo Wild,Showcomedy,etc,all for free.But I cant pick ART,Showsports and the other good channels.Pls send me the names of the ku lnbs we discussed on phone,capable of boosting the horizontal signals here in the Southwest.My dishsize is 3.0m and location is Abeokuta
mide2008 and all other Nilesat users,
pls send us a list of the stations you pick on the Showtime network,dishsize and location.Mide,thanks for your nss7 ku advice though I got it at the intel 905C-band(RTB Burkina faso)location.pls call me as I dont have your number for now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 4:22pm On May 19, 2008
@mjay

Man dot give up , think you might have seen your installer work a few time , with my help u shld be able to get it done , it really will not cost you more than 700naira credit you will use to call me , when u are ready to track down your W3a. I stay in Ibadan. All you need is to know how to input frequency into your decoder , and know the direction your dish is faceing at the moment, will be good to have it on the Hitv, dstv satellite(W4). Tehn from there i can help you track the bird. Better you get me on your MTN line 08034707935. Ready when u are , and please it will make it easier if you check my pictures on page, hmm, i think 31 or 32 of this discussion. Then you will know what am talking about, when am doing the talking,
Am only trying to give back what have learn from fellow Nairalander , they collect nothing from me , so i will try my best to sort you out ,

@bodejohn

I think it is made clear that you can go ahead to track W3a with your cute 60cm dish. Need any help after then, you can give me a call too. But don't forget "pitodenz" is one of the pros in the house , what seem easy for him might not be,, for you lipsrsealed. 'Cos he actually know the direction and might have tracked the bird about 20 times before trying it out on a smaller dish. just my own , mind maybe playing tricks.

@all

Kindly let me in on another thing that can be fun for us with 90cm dish, i already have 2 dish pointing to W3a and Intelsat 7/10. , whats next, what do u advice if i have space for another dish. (rented apartment pls). Or shld i just go ahead and buy mytv card until i can put up my Nilesat. 2.4m, Please i need to know will the 2.4m dish "NET TYPE" get me Nilesat, /have to be sure on this in case i decide to go for it ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by miyamaya: 5:44pm On May 19, 2008
For my friends with SRT 4650 and 4652 please check this site on this decoders. http://world-sat.info/forumdisplay.php?f=11. can some post pic for 2 c-band lnb on the BUD pointing to 68.5E and 64E. Thanks to you all. I read through the forum 6 days a week
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mide2008(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2008
@bodejohn
you can go ahead and tract w3 with 60cm am confirming cause i have tried it and it works
@enitan
thanks for the patch i have seen it
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 11:07am On May 20, 2008
These are the pictures of the set up of scarlar and brass I promised 2 weeks ago

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mygee33(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2008
@Justx
Okay I will call you when i am reeady with the climbing. I see you LND is tillted domnwards. Mine z been by the side. i hope this had not hampered my progress all these while
Call you later
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 20, 2008
badaru,
i cant identify the brass in the picture you posted above.

@ OLA,
HAve a wonderful marital bliss, i saw yur text, but i need a favour from u when u when u have installed yur nilesat, you should be able to guess what my favour is, why not try to give me a midnite call so we can talk better.

@ Toxnaija,
i've gotten the breakthrough personally and thats what am using now, give me a call so we can talk better, those guys never reply my mail oooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by peacenlove: 10:01pm On May 20, 2008
Greetings and Blessings,
Just back in the u.k after a fanatastic trip to Naija and Ghana, in ghana i installed a number of dishes and found out thst in Ghana it is much more expensive to receive HI tv and My Tv then it is in Naija, I found a my tv smart card in festac area for 2,000N and did not pick it up, i ended up paying 35New
Ghana CDs in oso, Accra which is twice the price, also i was seeing deals around lagos advertising hitv at 9900N with thre months subscription , where as in ghana they wanted 50Ghana CDs for 1 month, to top up my tv in Ghana also costs 30 ghana cds where as in naija its 2000N again ghana is twice the price, any one know why so expensive in ghana.
I installed two satellite positions for two people 4 dishes, one for 36west sesat for Hi tv or Gbs tv and one at 68.5west for mytv. i used technomate receivers and they worked fine with a mytv smart card, but found that no african transponders were within the technomate database so i had to manually add these in order to get a signal.
the software patch i used on the technomates opens up the south african channel E.Tv which is encrypted in nagra 2 on 68.5e, i am told that E shows premiereship, but i can not vareryfy this untill the new season starts and i get reports from ghana .
i did get a bit of trouble locating 68.5E but got there in there end, it seems to have a very low elevation about 16 degreesfacing downwards,
I plan to be back in naija maybe around september to set up a small operation showing premiereship games to the locals, something so that my junior cousins out there can have a small something to eat.
@
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2008
toxnaija:

all,
I am really glad to be back,and very sorry for the long silence.I was down with measles but better now.Thanks for the contributions when I had problems picking NSS7 ku.It was the lnb that was bad but I eventually got the problem solved with a HiTV lnb.
badaru1,
thanks a million for the Showtime patch.It worked for me.Nilesat is the best for now if you can afford to have space.I am currently watching Showtime Cinema1-4,Disneychannel,Bloomberg,National Geo Wild,Showcomedy,etc,all for free.But I can't pick ART,Showsports and the other good channels.Please send me the names of the ku lnbs we discussed on phone,capable of boosting the horizontal signals here in the Southwest.My dishsize is 3.0m and location is Abeokuta
mide2008 and all other Nilesat users,
please send us a list of the stations you pick on the Showtime network,dishsize and location.Mide,thanks for your nss7 ku advice though I got it at the intel 905C-band(RTB Burkina faso)location.please call me as I don't have your number for now.

i went for installation in warri in one of our member house he's using a 3.0 fiber dish for nilesat we got bbc,fox movie some showtime channels like the one tox9ja mention,aljazeera sprt 1,2, and 3, we also get some sport station which i believe is art but the patch can not open them (sprt 1 - 9).the patch for showtime is real but i cant confirm art yet.aljazeera sprts is scrambled.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:31pm On May 21, 2008
@ badaru
u should make contact with butoneday for the magic box i think we did all we can that day.

@ all
after loading the patch if u happen to have a dstv smartcard with no subcription slot it in ur reciever and check if some of their channels will come up we tried it in warri and some channels like cnn,series,hallmark,sssel,sabc,tv5,cn came up but reaching ph i ve tried it with so many smartcard and recievers but it cant work for me here so no need of keeping it a secret i think others can try and post their result.its on ku band 36e.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 22, 2008
@ pitodenz,
thanks so much for posting that info concerning the patch if it works for dstv here in lagos, i will be so happy if that can be tried out by those who have dstv at home.

I'm just trying to get myself back after my beloved team narrowly lost to man utd yesterday, but thanks be to creator am ok now.

It seems there're really no new development in the FTA world for now, cos it seems quite for some days.

@ all-in-house,
hey come out guys and lets keep posting on our experience about the hobby we enjoy most
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by topeantony(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2008
wonderfull people in the forum i need help,i am using HITV and mytv on HITV decoder 'holley'i need to upgrade the software varsion to 2.0.7, formally i was using 2.0.3 version then e.TV on MyTV can not open when i upgraded to 2.0.5 Etv did open without inputing eny code.i wish to get more stations,and if i need to Chang my decoder which decoder is better
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2008
@ topeantony

You are not telling us the type of decoder you are using , Hitv decoder (maybe am the only one who doesn't know it ). Tell us and we learn from you. Again i really don't know how you are able to use one dish to watch Hitv and Mytv( you never did say u are using one dish , but clarify). , And definitely not for free With all your software updates , nothing new is there

@ all

I think you guys must have known i have installed my second dish , and its on Intelsat 7/10( Mytv position). Think i should upload the picture and let you see the different in angle to the W3a position. Really thinking of getting a third dish , but maybe a 60cm dish , i need movie , or should i just go for the Mytv CARD sad. Asking the people who are on Mytv, pls advice)? And maybe an advice on the satellite i should point my third dish will be appreciated. For now i was thinking of Nss703, thinking the Mojo station will still be on grin grin grin(triple X).

Please people advice , it seem there is no life for us with smaller dish , maybe something more we can explore, with 90cm dish , Or is what i have so far the end of the road for 90cm dish

Checkout the picture of my dish, the 1st one shows the W3a position relative to the Intel 7/10 ( which is the one facing the camera). Maybe can help you track the W3a,

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by jujukemist(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2008
as at may 20th a new strong software patch was released. Its now possible to watch for free all the art 1-9 channels and all the other locked channels excluding showtime series channels.
Sorry for my long hibernation! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by topeantony(m): 12:16am On May 24, 2008
jujukemist

jujukemist:

as at may 20th a new strong software patch was released. Its now possible to watch for free all the art 1-9 channels and all the other locked channels excluding showtime series channels.
Sorry for my long hibernation! grin

can you please send patch to my mailbox topeantony@yahoo.com i will so much appreciate thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Vickivicki(m): 2:54am On May 24, 2008
@jujukemist

O boy you finally came out from your hiding;how u dey? Anyway welcome back any new developments.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.