Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,094 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (347891 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 1:50am On May 25, 2008
Hi enigma,i have read so many about you here and i think you are doing a perfect job.I tried to track w3a men, the bird is stubborn undecidedi couldnt get it and its given me headache angrycan you kindly give me a clue.i have 65% power and 20 signal strenght here in sagamu while tracking but no story.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Marketiva: 9:55am On May 26, 2008
hi bigsam, i am interested in the kind of satelite tv you posted, pls send me the list of equipments needed and if possible link me up with someone that can do the whole purchase and installation for me.

thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2008
jujukemist:

as at may 20th a new strong software patch was released. Its now possible to watch for free all the art 1-9 channels and all the other locked channels excluding showtime series channels.
Sorry for my long hibernation! grin

welcome back, and stay steady plz,how body? u can send me the patch @ pitodenz@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 6:34pm On May 27, 2008
all,
showtime and art keys on nilesat have been off for almost one week.let's pray the hackers get successful soon.it seems the forum is dry now.no news on free2view channels.pls bear with them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by dekin(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2008
56,000 views shocked shocked shocked interesting
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 3:45pm On May 28, 2008
@Pitondenz, Badaru1

Pls, I need u guys help. I just got my SRT 4653x receiver fried after installing the latest patch.

After loading the latest patch from a flash drive via the USB port of my receiver, it counted from 1% - 100% and after that it restarted and neva came up. Guys, pls, hw can i get it working. Money no dey now to bye another receiver and EURO 2008 is fast approaching. embarassed
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 5:05pm On May 28, 2008
Hello people,

I finally got tired of inputting keys, and trying to install patches thru my USB port and receiving error messages, so I called my installer to come and patch it for me, he asked for N400 and I was pissed, because as far as I was concerned, the keys were free. I told him this and he said I could go online and install it myself. He finally did it and now my decoder is finally patched that was about 2 weeks ago. I just hope from now on I can be able to transfer softwares via USB without it telling me ‘memory error’. Truth is when all is said and done, only the ‘not so interesting channels’ were open. The cinema channels kept on showing the same 4 movies ad nauseum, nat geo wild, animal planet and disc science are okay, but they are not as cool as the original channels, I mean they all seem to focus on animals, no really cool documentaries as can be seen in the main nat geo channel and discovery, but then again, we are just grateful to be receiving it in the first place, ain’t we? The patches have stopped working for about I week now anyway.

This brings me to something else, its alright downloading softwares and keys, but I guess it would be even better to be able to open them ourselves. From what I know about cracking computer and phone softwares, it takes a real computer guru to do these things but it still doesn’t stop me from wishing I could do it myself. If anyone knows a website with tips or somewhere we can get a tutorial from, I’m sure there are plenty of us who wouldn’t mind giving it a go.

Now, there’s something else that has been on my mind. The strong decoder we use here, they are really good for tracking and receiving fta channels, but that seems to be all they are good for. The dstv decoders can record up to 120mins of program (I think) and some of them come with dual view capabilities, now I was wondering if one can use these decoders for tracking fta channels, or if there are such fta decoders with these same functions, I mean we have so much programs we can get free of charge and it would be cool to be able to record and store such programs as one wishes to do.

Someone once said that eutelsat w3a is only worthwhile for French speaking people, I think I would have to agree with him. I’m currently receiving about 9 or 10 channels.
• Go Africa is only on for a limited amount of time and they are constantly going on break, the really cool thing about this channel is that they show really current music at a really clear resolution. Apart from that, their serie A matches are usually broadcasted an hour after kick off. They also show other football matches but u can’t really depend on them and there are usually other channels showing such matches. Every other program is in French.
• MSNBC: seems to be dedicated entirely to the US elections, and other stuff happening in the US. As far as they are concerned nothing else exists.
• MBC1/2/3: actually they are just two channels transmitting three different stations depending on when u catch them. Most of their programs are in French also, and they usually hook up to TV afrique and/or BBC when they have nothing else to do, but usually at night. They also show football sometimes and the commentary is in English which makes them the best channel for the champions league.
• TV Malagasy, 2STV, RTS 1, TV Miramar, MBS tv: if u r not receiving them, u will not miss them. Programming is almost entirely in French, sometimes show African wrestling, music (African), e.t.c.

So, I guess we have to wait for those free to view guys to start broadcasting, who knows, w3a may finally become worth it.
Nilesat still remains the bomb, u r always guaranteed a cool movie every evening from one of the three MBC channels, or from fox movies, sham tv, infinity tv, dubai one, or one of those other channels that one does not usually fancy.MTV Arabia, Nessma tv and smile tv are great for music, and BBC world, CNN and aljazeera are super for news.
NSS 7 is for those who love Makossa and football. LC2, STV 1/2, canal 2 inter, and RDV are usually worth it, especially RDV who show any match that is the hottest match at the moment.
Basically, that is it about the packages I am receiving. So what are we saying about our encyclopedia/stickey thread for this thread?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 4:10pm On May 29, 2008
azeezbaba:

@Pitondenz, Badaru1

Please, I need u guys help. I just got my SRT 4653x receiver fried after installing the latest patch.

After loading the latest patch from a flash drive via the USB port of my receiver, it counted from 1% - 100% and after that it restarted and never came up. Guys, please, hw can i get it working. Money no dey now to bye another receiver and EURO 2008 is fast approaching. embarassed

Azeezbaba

you would do well by telling us exactly what u mean by frying your decoder. This is because there had been two types of "frying" in this forum. One was my case which happened when I used USB on 4653x and my receiver would not come up again. It will keep rebooting or what some call restarting itself. I was unable to get the correct rs232 cable so I took it to oshodi where the guys there downloaded a working one into my own with rs232 cable and it is working fine. the second case is like what happened to pitondenz and his reciever would not even come on at all and upon investigation, he discovered that his receiver is a fake of 4653x model so nothing could be done about it. maybe if you tell us how exactly our receiver os behaving,then the vry experienced hands like enitan, pitondenz etc can be of help.

@all

e be like say we done finish KU band for 9ja. dem no wan just give us anything again for 90cm level.

@all

how are u enjoying the stuffs in this forum. me I am saturated I want something new. I wish I could do something about installing 2.4M and above dish. All these C band users just dey intimidate pple like me for this forum. haba dem no sabi say i dey jealous of wetin dem dey watch? okay i go try contain my jealousy. no be dem say make i no get space to install big dish.

I think these free2view pple will not make it good on their promise about the 36 channels even as the ones they said will start April ending did not start. I guess this problem they have with S.A licencing authority is really affecting them. if that is the case, then thanks to DSTV and their friends. No wonder africa is not growing. when infomation and such things that will improve our thinking, behavioural and mindset pattern are puposely kept away from us out of pure greed from those that are supposed to put in the growth catalyst. Anyway I understand it is because of fear of failure since if the whole 9ja for instance has the option to watch well packaged foreign stations, what woud we be doing with the local stations hat has next to nothing to offer. Even our own NTA is not free to watch in 9ja through any bird and we wish to showcase ourself to the world by showing such foreign opera like the gadener's daughter and others.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2008
azeezbaba

virus has attacked your receiver,you need to instal an earlier version of the software using cable instead of flash. First of all off your receiver,load the software on a strong loader then press ok on your computer, yhen put on your receiver. The version will load and it will be ok.

All.

Art And Showtime are back
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 6:25pm On May 30, 2008
nilesat users,
thank God the keys got back yesternight.Pls visit this site for up to date keys>www.lido.co.nr
nilesat is the bomb as long as the keys are available.many thanks to mide2008 and badaru1 as they helped to install my nilesat fuji lnb thru phone instructions yet WE have never met.did i hear you say unbelievable!??that's the power of the forum
regards to enitan,ola,justx24,azeez,enigma,gangstar(I lived in Zaria btwn 1995 and 1997),and every other person.pls watch out for your e-cake on June 20,my b'day.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ecowas4All(m): 2:41pm On May 31, 2008
@Pitodenz
@Enitan
@All the big boys in short,
@Everybody
All Woona wey dey dis forum, I salute,
So woona want tell me say nobody no realise say upon scanning X-Series or Eurostar receiver for that matter on NSS7 Person no dey catch STV1 and STV2 Again? Dis one na since like April 2008. Wetin Dey happen now?
The Senegal Channel RDV dey do like dat too but if you key in the exact Freq and SR The Channel shows. AS For STV 1 & 2 I don Key in Manual Frequency Sootey I Tire.

RDV: 11625 V SR 03326 2/3
STV 1 & 2 : 11611 V SR 4069

I beg big boys woona bone up make we dey put sabi to good use i beg.

All Blind Scans i did for STV 1&2 before April 2008 are all still working.
Signal is 86% but quality still remains below 20%. I dey South. Please Help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by figment232(m): 5:20pm On May 31, 2008
how do i position my 90cm dish to be able to be on Eutelsat W3A at 7degrees East
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 10:35am On Jun 02, 2008
@all

Thank you guys , I think we really need to have moderators in the house , people to look after this forum and give answers, and maybe enforce some discipline . hoooo , i think maybe this forum was not setup to allow such , Am tied of seeing questions that are already answered, ask over and over again, undecided I dont know about you guys , its really makes me feel bad ,

I joined this forum about 2 months ago and i have done alot , have made calls to people , they have also called me back. I read post from page 1 to the last as at then, Now see where i am , i have 2 90cm dish on my roof , with W3a , and pas7/10 . If i can do it so can anyone who can read with dedication. So lets not be lazy and read forum from page 1 - last. you can really have time off too and continue the next day, week , month or year grin

I think when u read, u will ask specific questions and am here to help all new guys ( look who's talking shocked shocked shocked)

Am thinking of setting up a bigger dish soon but i need to know if it worth it , so guys what will i have with 1.8cm motorized dish? Net type . will cost me (10k for dish, motor for 3k, bracket for 3k). And a 2.4cm net will cost 24k ( but no nalsite). Advice on this . Thank you all

So all new guys pls ready and am here to help you , give me a call , my number is in here somewhere if you have the dedication you will find lots of number belonging to people who can help you ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2008
@vickoy23, Badaru1, Pitodenz

What i mean by 'Frying' is that wen i switch on my receiver it will only show four dotted lines on the screen of the receiver and goes off almost immediately. Then, if i switch off and on again, it repeats the same thing.

I have discovered wat caused the breakdown. The patch i downloaded did not download complete. The size of the patch is 1.2MB but i only downloaded 124KB of it. I guess that was wat caused the breakdown.

I have been advised by Badaru1 and Pitodenz to download a Strong loader. That is wat am about to do now.

Thank u Gees.

@Badaru1
Thank you for the information u gave me when i called u on fone. Am working on it now.

@justx24
Na true u talk. when i joined this forum too, i went thru this thread from page 1 to d last page and has made me learnt a lot. I think newcomers shud endeavour to go thru the previous post b4 asking questions as JUSTX24 has adviced.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ejike3: 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2008
:-x :-x
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 5:03pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ AZEEZBABA

to solve your decoder's problem yourself , u need the cable , its called RS323 9 pin cable , it have to be female on both end , not sure you can buy it here , in IB, ( where do u stay)

anyway if u need help with that u can let me know , i can tell you how to make one , with pictures too.
I really haven't done it before , but on the internet i can find anything ,

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Lcominghom: 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2008
I am new to this stuff. I am in Ghana. When I go to dish pointer it says the most popular satelites are
1. 57.0E Nss 703
2. 16.0E Eutelsat W2
3. 10.0E Eutelsat W1
4. 34.5W Intelsat 903
5. 28.2E Astra 2A-B-D**********************

I need channels on this satellites*number 5*.

but i dont know the dish size i need and someone should please tell me this is possible
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2008
Friends,
I decided to join the league of fellow nairalanders on W3.
I expected it to be a piece of cake as the guide and
information about the bird available on this forum is wonderful.

I tried to track with a 60cm dish but was unsucessful, this might
be possible but surely a lot of patience will be needed.

I eventually used a 90cm dish.
What i did differently was that i carried the dish in my hands and
i was moving it slowly around the direction that i know the signal
might be. i was done in less than 5 minutes. This gave me
free space to try out all available angles that the wall hanger might
have prevented. This is actually the way installers do it.

I got one blow of hammer on left thumb too.

With four dishes (W4,W3,Pas 10, Nss7) installed in my house now,
i am looking for any other person that is as crazy as i am.

@Nss 7 users
I just discovered that Gtv and Stv 1 &2 are no longer showing.
Pls i need someone to confirm this before i dismattle my dish again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2008
justx24:

@ AZEEZBABA

to solve your decoder's problem yourself , u need the cable , its called RS323 9 pin cable , it have to be female on both end , not sure you can buy it here , in IB, ( where do u stay)

anyway if u need help with that u can let me know , i can tell you how to make one , with pictures too.
I really haven't done it before , but on the internet i can find anything ,

justx24

At the highlighted; Shouldn't it be RS232 9 pin null Modem cable? I believe it should the RS232 as I stated earlier. wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2008
Lcominghom:

I am new to this stuff. I am in Ghana. When I go to dish pointer it says the most popular satelites are
1. 57.0E Nss 703
2. 16.0E Eutelsat W2
3. 10.0E Eutelsat W1
4. 34.5W Intelsat 903
5. 28.2E Astra 2A-B-D**********************

I need channels on this satellites*number 5*.

but i don't know the dish size i need and someone should please tell me this is possible

Go to http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html on the "Beam" Column click on 2D for example, it will give you the satellite's footprinte and to the right of the page is the Dish Size needed to receive the Bird. Ihope this helps! cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2008
@F_Marshal

Thank you for your correction , but as i have stated, 've never tried it before , maybe you can help us here in this forum. Try and post the picture of the cable needed, and maybe the schematics so we can try and make one by ourselves. Dont think its easy to get in market around me , for one. Thanks ones again.

@Bodejohn

Happy to know you are able to get W3a on 90cm , ( or did u finally switch it to the 60cm ?). Am happy for you , its no easy thing , but maybe if you ask for help , it would have being easier. You sound like you have the space for bigger dish , why not go for bigger dish and call on me, so we fix it together. , And maybe you can try give us abit of statistics on what your w3a is set on , i mean elevation , and direction , relative to the W4. or the sunrise position .

@all i really dont know whats up , am still not satisfied with the stations i have on my 2 dish, am on pas 7/10 and W3a. I need a movie station , ??i have 90cm dish and little space for bigger dish.
There is another thing about , or should i say going on in Ibadan. There is this new calbe Tv decoder now on sale for 6k i think. It have cool channels on them , I was told you can get up to 12 stations on it , with no mothly payment. meaning its free as far as i know , no guarantee how long it will last. , thats why am still looking embarassed embarassed. Although it has being on for quite some time now , maybe January 2008. am sure i saw on it Mbc, Mbc2 very good and the CNN has no audio, but picture is good if u can read lips cool. The stations are cool . maybe some fellow member in Ibadan can shed more light on this , Its an option. for me due to space.

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 12:35pm On Jun 05, 2008
@justx24
i will advise you to install W4.
You will get the nollywood channel of trend tv and some other good channels.
I will advise against buying the decoder because it will be useless when trend tv
decide to encrypt the channels. Nobody is however sure of when the channels
will be encrypted.

I used a 90cm dish for the W3 installation. I am not planning to go for any other dish.

Is anybody still watching Stv 1&2?

cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by austinyet(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2008
Eutelsat W3A, 7°E

Digitürk: A new channel has started in DVB-S Clear: Ülke TV (Turkey) on 11678.00MHz, pol.H SR:30000 FEC:3/4 SID:4317 PID:2117/2217 Turkish. which i am planning to hook up to (eutelsat w3a)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by austinyet(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2008
enitan wink
how u dey? thanks for the experienced & time shared on midnight calls.this information goes to does using Nile sat. Nilesat 101, 7°W
A new channel has started in DVB-S Clear: Dubai Sports 3 (Dubai Emirates) on 11785.00MHz, pol.V SR:27500 FEC:3/4 SID:1816 PID:3213/3214 Arabic
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by miyamaya: 4:34pm On Jun 05, 2008
I have a SRT 4650 which was updated to 4652 and has 152p software ver. I want to up date it to 179p using SRT 4620II software for 4650 decoder. Will i be ok.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2008
justx24:

@F_Marshal

Thank you for your correction , but as i have stated, 've never tried it before , maybe you can help us here in this forum. Try and post the picture of the cable needed, and maybe the schematics so we can try and make one by ourselves. Dont think its easy to get in market around me , for one. Thanks ones again.

The links below are the Full Tutorial of RS232 Cable, picture and all the information that you need. I hope this helps.

http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-232_null_modem.html#noha

http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC2045-06_LR.jpg
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by gofitech(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2008
@bodejohn
i want to confirm that stv1and 2 and gtv are still working perfectly. i am in lagos. you might need to do a little alignment on your dish.

@does anybody need a dstv card and decoder? i have one for sale: 08033308593
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by donaremu(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2008
Hey Gurus,

Is it true that there are FTA stations on NSS7Ku W with 30 symbol rate?

I am waiting your relies. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by LSBLeaky(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2008
can sm1 pls send the latest update of Strong str4653x & Hitv Branded Decorder to these emails lk_yaroo@yahoo.com & xtypopson@yahoo.com especially topeantony pls send the update of the Hitv U hav to these emails
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Ecowas4All(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2008
@Bodejohn
Someone said on this forum that the STV1&2 thing was alignment. Yes I Agree. I had lost those signals including GTV. I noticed that after re-aligning the signals came back.
My Location : Accra Ghana
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 11:21am On Jun 10, 2008
Guys. which of NSS7 and W3a is showing EURO 2008
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by azeezbaba(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2008
@ F_Marshal, justx24

Thanks for ur advice on the cabling of RS232 9 pin. I found the site F_Marshal posted interesting.

@ all

Pls, EURO 2008 is going on and i cant see to be able to watch it on any of our FTA channels. I have 3 sats, NILESAT 101, EUTELSAT W3A and NSS 7 KU and no channel on any of these 3 Birds are showing the euro. Pls, some1 shud confirm to us if there is any station showing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.