Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,175 members, 7,849,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:23 AM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348531 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2008
The site to check for which channels are showing football is:

http://www.liveonsat.com/

Some Nilesat channels e.g. Al Jazeera are showing it but most are encrypted; on 7E (W3A) check 2STV, RTS and ORTM, if you can get them.

PS place cursor over each channel to find out which satellite the channel is on; the ones coloured red are the free stations.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2008
It's really 9ce 2 c dat u all here are keepin d thread alive, am so sorry 4 d long break,it's due 2 academics matters. to dose who av bn expctn me in lagos i'm glad 2 say dat by 2nd week of july i will b around 4 d next 4 mnths & i'll also use d oppurtunity 2 meet fellow experts on dis forum. Got 2 go now and will be back wit more findings. enigma,pitodenz,tox9ja,ola,ejike3,badaru1,BODEJOHN,justx24,jujukemist- how u guys doing?i hope u all didnt miss my absence? take care
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2008
Greetings to both the Noobs and the Gurus in the house.

I got really interested in this whole FTA and i must admit it is quite addictive. i got me a 2.4 pan dish and intended motorizing it for nilesat, I have called two installers, A Nigerian and a Malian, they both tried but were very unsuccessful with frequencies that really matter, By the way, i stay in satellite town,lagos. so before i finally dispose of this dish, since it damn too Big and can not achieve the desired result, i need to know if there's any Magic that can be done. I have been told the only way to get nilesat is to get a 3m Fibre dish.

thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by miyamaya: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2008
I have a SRT 4650 which was updated to 4652 and has 152p software ver. I want to up date it to 179p using SRT 4620II software for 4650 decoder. Will i bed doing the right thing.

The weekened is coming and no help yet. I guess I try and see if I will not fry my decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2008
@all

Thank you Enitan , am cool , and alwayse on the look out for new stuffs.
Really dont know if this belong here but i think i let you guys know, Have just got a decoder for cable stations. I got the sexiest thingm i ever lay my eyes on for 5k and i got 11 staions , MBC2, MBC4, MBCaction, CNN, EWTN, PrSport, TBN, MTVbase, Spacetoon, JSCsport1, JSCsport2.

Its all free no fees paid for now , ( all are ctl channels ). Ctl are cable Tv provider in Ibadan, don't know if this decoder works for any other cable networks in the country but my guess is that they will. I think its sure an illegal to watch it for free , but sure its not illegal to sell the decoder that allow you watch it for free. Lots of this decoders are on sale in Ibadan. And people have being using it since January till date , as far as i know , For the cable company to stop this decoders from working , they will need spend more money on advance equipment , really i don't think they have that much to trow around yet. Anyway its not much risk for me , if i can spend 9k to get a compass to track down W3a , then i can use 5k to get this decoder , i have it in my office now , and the decoder is so small i can put it in my laptop bag with my laptop ( maybe i'll upload picture). But for sure the signals might not be out free for too long , who knows , it has being for the past 6 months, another 6month will justify my 5k at least. grin grin

@olofofo

Your pan dish , can it track the bird nilesat 'cos u are talking about frequencies , If it cant get nilesat , i think the pros in the house should be able to commnet on that, 2.4m pan should from what i read here in the forum. Please advice Nairalander

justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2008
hello all,i have been a silent member of this forum for long but with the free to air thread i cant just keep quiet. just installed mine a week ago and i can say am enjoying myself,i know you guys know how to unblock some channels i wont mind you sharing with me.espacially movie and football channels.am in abuja ,thanks all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by twinstaiye(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2008
@ justx24
Most of the channels are free, so i dont think it is illegal to watch them. The Company is probably trying to market the decoder.

@graciousme
Those channel cannot be unblock, except if you can patch your decoders if they are nilesat channels as was explained in this forum in the past pages. Other channels cannot be unblock or de-encrypted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2008
@justx24

yes i can track the satellite but the signal strength is like 38-40 percent, it can only receive about 15 channels, the frequencies containing mbc2 and the rest won't turn green.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 5:33pm On Jun 11, 2008
olofofo:

@justx24

yes i can track the satellite but the signal strength is like 38-40 percent, it can only receive about 15 channels, the frequencies containing mbc2 and the rest won't turn green.

olofofo,
Your dish needs alignment. Some guys in Alaba international market are using 2.4m ground mount pan and they are receiving many stations. With 2.4m in Warri I receive over 150 stations. In Lagos you should receive more.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 5:37pm On Jun 11, 2008
the two guys that came for the installation are both from alaba. even with the ground mount the result is still same. dem wan align the dish DIE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2008
Olofofo,
Try align your dish between 9.00am and 12.00pm when the sun is at it's peak. You will see some improvement for now. If the sun can heat us very well, it means that the sky is clear for satellite signals to reach us. Due to the cloudy weather especially in the south, the signal from Nilesat is weakened. I will advise you to contact those who are currently watching nilesat for their signal strenght before you attempt to align your dish. Once it is confirmed that the signal is high, then you should go ahead to adjust your dish while the signal is still high. When ever you are ready, only contact those from the southern part of Nigeria.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2008
@BUTONEDAY

thx. this is a call to all those in Lagos with working Nilesat to please provide me with the Magic Formula. It will be Much Appreciated. again i have a 2.4m dish with ground mount.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by justx24(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2008
@ olofofo

Thank God , am happy to here 2.4m pan dish works fine with Nilesat. Try get help from guys in the forum around your area(LAGOS). Or maybe the pan is faulty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Really u can never know , could be the LNB too. U have all the confirmation that 2.4m is good for Nilesat. So my guy no shaking , or maybe u need to put youn skills to work as olofofo, gather information round. grin grin grin.

Wish you all the best , keep us posted on the issue.

@all

Another thing , can someone explain what a ground mount is , and what other option exist to mount a Nilesat dish

Thank you all
justx24
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obijack: 11:10am On Jun 12, 2008
@justx24

How are u, it is a good thing u informed all nairalanders about the ctl decoder.

However, are u sure this will work in Lagos. And if u and others in this forum do not mind me asking does is this ctl thesame ctl (Communication Trend Ltd.) that that sells Trendtv. If it is can u guys tell where I can get their decoder and the channels they hace available.

Thanks.

@all

On this FTA, something will always come up.

and by the way what is daarsat up to. When do they start beaming the signals or have they started.

Thanks all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by mecussey(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
Justx24, you would have just bought a CTL decoder for 8K, instead of buying the sexy prostitute you called decoder. Though, you still have some time to watch like 3 months but it does not take more than 1 minute to scramble. It is being scrambled from Lagos, and for those in Lagos don't expect any MBC 2 or action. They purposely left the service free in Ibadan because, customers their are not able to recharge, their V SAT system has not been set up. Those, who are interested should try and buy the CTL decoder, so that when they scramble you can perform. You can miss JSC sports and those MBCs they are currently showing the EURO 08. Nile sat users, FOX movie has been added, Patch your decoder, and hack JSC sports, discovery etc. For those of you who have done it already, I will like to know if your discovery channel shows at night, mine goes off every night and comeback in the morning
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 12:40pm On Jun 12, 2008
Hi guys,

had this terrible experience last weekend. i went out to visit some friends on sunday and on my way back i was caught up in a storm which kept blowing down trees and peoples roofs. when i finally reached home, i saw my dish by the road side. the wind had swept it at least 30metres from the spot i installed it, and it was pretty banged up. but instead of feeling bad, i was pretty upbeat cos now i had a chance to finally try my hand out at installing, cos all i was doing previously was just tinkering with an already installed dish. so i set it up to face nss7 for that night, and the next day, i managed to get the dish back together again and started trying to re- install my nilesat (forgot to mention that the rain distorted the rods holding the lnb up). initially i was using BBC's tp to track the bed but i couldn't get it. after 2 days of frustration, i was talking to a friend who had had a similar problem and he said i should try using the first tp on the strong decoder nilesat list. ( can't remember the exact freq now) cos all the other channels will only appear when i can get up to 75% signal strength on that one.
so yesterday i went back and gave it a go and the signals turned green almost immediately but at 56%. further tinkering got it up to 70-1%, and it wouldn't rise any further. but now i can receive bbc, mbc 2,3,4,action, the Jsc sports channels and some others. i know i've still got some more tinkering to do, but it's a great start. adding nss7 and w3a to it was a breeze, so now i've got my dish back to a semblance of order.

mecussey, did u say patch is available for nilesat?

it's a shame that after the first match, no channel is showing the Euro championships, including  RTS who kept advertising it for days. now i'm goin to search for keys for jsc sports, if no luck then i have to go and buy the aljazeera cards, it won't be a loss cos i heard the have the rights for champions league for next season.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2008
@justx24

Ground mount is a structure that can be placed on the floor/patio (i.e. ground) for a satellite dish to be 'mounted' on it; see examples in link below:

http://www.blake-uk.com/page/commercial_sat_mounts/commsatpatiomounts

@olofofo

Maybe pitodenz and others who have experience of Nilesat and large dishes will be along with suggestions; but you can check if the dish elevation is correct by checking on (type your location and the satellite you want i.e. Nilesat into) www.dishpointer.com.

It may be that you also need to adjust the positioning and skew of the LNB; or as some have said, taking out the scalar ring/dielectric; just try various things really.

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2008
@Gangsta

Yes, strong winds and blooming trees are real menaces to satellite hobbyists grin ; glad you now got it back into action again.

And yes, Showtime is currently open with patches; google (e.g. 'showtime patch' or 'showtime keys') and something should come up; but be careful that you trust an site before downloading any patch or software.

PS in fact guys here have given links in earlier pages of places where you might be able to get Showtime patches.

cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ olofofo, i think yur problem has to do with the length of d rod holding d lnb it mite not b d correct length 4 d focal length of d dish size,try 2 google up on how 2 calculate d focal length of sat dishes using their diameters and also try 2 use fuji lnb 0.2db/0.3db if dats nt what u re using now,cos som naugthy installers do use strong ku-lnb in trackin nilesat but its nt totally reliable. u can get across 2 me on 08055458324 if u want more clarification.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ enitan thanks. i will definitely give you a call.

for all those interested in watching Euro 2008 live on FTA or on the Web

you can try TBC on Intelsat 906 and also TV mozambique they are both on the frequency with eatv, they both air live matches. am currently watching Germany VS croatia, also you can catch the evening matches on SABC 3 later in the evening.

if you are interested in watching iton the web, you need to have broadband internet also a handy application like sopcast or TVant or TVU ( google any of them) for addresses of matches that are live you can go to http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=13206&part=sports hope this helps all them football fanatic out there. you can holla at me for any othe information
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Enigma(m): 7:32pm On Jun 12, 2008
@olofofo

Intelsat 906 is C Band; I hope you are not trying to set your Nilesat up with a C Band LNB!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 8:10pm On Jun 12, 2008
For the New Users and others wanting to know the steps of setting up a Dish and alignment, attached is a link to help you do that. This covers from Dish assemly to aiming the Dish. 

[size=30pt]How To Setup a Dish. Click on The Link Below.[/size]

http://www.freewebs.com/farhad_satellite/howtoinstallasatellited.htm

Will the moderators make this a Sticky?, This FTA Thread should have it's own heading, and not where it is currently.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2008
shocked Chei!!!! Chei! Chei! Na wah for this awa Satellite Hobby o! Please, think saftey first when doing your satellite installations!!

"Man Shooting Hole Through Wall Kills Wife. Deepwater Man Fatally Shoots Wife While Installing Satellite TV."

http://www.kctv5.com/news/15698864/detail.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2008
@Enigma

No i have a 1.8m dish with Ku & C band that is motorized. I am using it to cool my temper with all this Nilesat Wahala. I have access to some good satellites, the best of lot being intelsat 902 with SABC 123 and Etv. but you know if it is not Nilesat, it can not pretend to be Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 10:33pm On Jun 13, 2008
olofofo,
pls call me for all the info you need on Nilesat.the problems are 1.dish size;you need at least 3.0m fibre preferably 3.6m in Lagos, 2.lnb;you need a fuji lnb to boost signals, 3.reciever;you need a Strong X series to boost signals.If you follow all these steps,then you are on course.I will all advise you get in touch with me,mide2008,and badaru1 for Showtime and Art patches and keys.I got tired of watching free all those great stations we pay for on Hitv and Dstv.I see 390 stations on nilesat.(50 SHOWTIME and almost 100 ART/PEHLA channels).If you use 3.6m fibre in Lagos,all the stations will be stable both morning and night.But 3.0m will have distortions on Showtime sports1-4,CNN,VH1,MTV EUROPE etc in the afternoon.So,pick your choice.Call me please.My number is on the forum's past posts.Regards.
all,
does anyone have JSC sports keys.it seems somebody mentioned it on the forum.CTL can not scramble the free cable signals in Ibadan for now.So Justxr24,you got a good buy.even on satellite,they still cannot get themselves.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by badaru1(m): 9:21am On Jun 14, 2008
Art/Showtime auto update is back, go to this link for the software: http://www.sat-television.com/showthread.php?p=236769#post236769. You ve to register first.

To watch Jsc sport plus 1,2,3,get humax 5400 receiver both jsc sport and art/showtime ok.

Lagos resident
God willing tomorrow I will be in town.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by sammu(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2008
I got to know fta thru thi forum and now have a dish facing intelsat 7/10. i plan to add 2 more dishes for w4 and nss7 in july.

A big thank you to Enitan, who i had to call when installing the dish. thank you very much for your warm reception .

I must also commend the good works of Enigma, jujukemist,twinstaiye, pitodenz and others.
Bless you all

sam ajayi
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2008
all,
you can watch all live matches of euro 2008 on TELECONGO nss 7 C-band,all matches are run on french commentaries.also sabc 3 on C-band intel 902 shows all the late night matches live.so, get a c-band system now.NILESAT is the bomb now.I am getting tired of watching great movies,documentaries,music and so much more,even when Premiership starts I will have to take a break from work.please hook up to it too for free especially JUSTX24,OLA and ENITAN.no dstv,hitv payment palava.all you need to cope with is the keys or patch but Mide2008,badaru1 and I are always on the hackers' trail.so,count on us.check out the stations in these links.
www.lyngsat.com/packages/showtime.html,
www.lyngsat.com/packages/add.html
remember my b'day is friday june 20.thanks.
badaru1,
please explain more on the humax receiver.is it in the market here?how does it open jsc sport/showtime/art,with patches or is auto roll embedded in it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by toxnaija: 1:38pm On Jun 15, 2008
all,
you can watch all live matches of euro 2008 on TELECONGO nss 7 C-band,all matches are run on french commentaries.also sabc 3 on C-band intel 902 shows all the late night matches live.so, get a c-band system now.NILESAT is the bomb now.I am getting tired of watching great movies,documentaries,music and so much more,even when Premiership starts I will have to take a break from work.please hook up to it too for free especially JUSTX24,OLA and ENITAN.no dstv,hitv payment palava.all you need to cope with is the keys or patch but Mide2008,badaru1 and I are always on the hackers' trail.so,count on us.check out the stations in these links.
www.lyngsat.com/packages/showtime.html
www.lyngsat.com/packages/add.html
remember my b'day is friday june 20.thanks.
badaru1,
please explain more on the humax receiver.is it in the market here?how does it open jsc sport/showtime/art,with patches or is auto roll embedded in it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by graciousme(f): 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2008
please can anyone give me the phone numbers of the gurus in the house,so i can speak with them.i have alot to learn please.thanks you all!
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
"@ gracious me,
u can rach the following experts on these numbers,

Badaru1 base in kebbi on 08053223272,
Pitodenz base in portharcourt on 08037058564,
Toxnaija base in lagos/abeokuta on 08023337877,
justx24 base in Ibadan on 08053334470,
enitan2002 base in Lagos 08055458324,
OLA base lagos on 08033231671,

those guys i listed will definitely help you ifu reach out to anyone of them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by benzion72(m): 4:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
I have MYTV satellite dish using Strong Decoder there are so many satellite listed on the DECODER but i am only receiving channels from one of the satellite how can i receive TV channels from NILESAT,INTEL, ARABSAT and other listed on the decoder i will appreciate any help in this direction i can be reached on alben2002@gmail.com. Also i learnt that there are some other smart card apart from the MYTV card that can be slotted into the Decoder how do i get this cards and what are their prices and subscription any help will be appreciated thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.