Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) - Satellite TV Technology (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (348138 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (85) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by FMarshal2(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2008
undecided I usually track NTA Plus on Galaxy 25 at 97°W here in the USA. I know! Who would want to watch NTA with their terrible picture, and bad programmimg etc. As a true son of the soil, I always tune to NTA Plus at least 4 times a week to keep abreast of what is going on in Nigeria, no matter how flimsy the programing is. But the past few days, the Channel disappears from around 19:00 hrs (7pm) here which is 00:00 hrs (12:00 Mid night) Nigeria Time. My question is this. Those of you in Europe or Nigeria that Track NTA on other birds, are you guys experiencing this black out? It should be noted that all other channels on the same transponder (Frequency) as NTA do not have this problem. Maybe they forgot to pay their Transponder rental fee or are they cutting down on transmission time?  Any feedback will be highly appreciated!!!!

Galaxy 25 at 97°W 11898 V
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2008
@toxnaija, enitan and all the gurus in the house,
I am using Hitv i tried searching for FTA channels, there is no audio/ video signal. what do i do to get the signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by obnelly: 11:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
olofofo,am not in lagos but i think you can give it a trial.if you have a good lnbf with perfect skewing ,you may likely get both vertical and horizontal signal.Mine come up in the evening around 6pm when its 7pm all signal will stay till around noon when the signal will experience drop in quality.Nile sat user try 10796 v 27500 you will love the music like mtv base for free.
Hight to me has nothing to do with dish settings,you can place your dish on the floor so far its properly aligned and skewed you have no problem tracking whatever you want even this DSTV dish we can mount it on the floor so far nothing is blocking the angle it will pick the signal.
Due to the angle of nilesat 7 degree our dish is bound to hold some amount of water during rainfall and this can affect the picture quality our best bet is to find a means of removing the water from the dish ,if you do ,it will increase the signal strenght to where it suppose to be.I need information on how to input keys on receiver ,ART AND SHOWTIME,kindly help me out .
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
@toxnaija, enitan, olofofo and all the gurus in the house,
I am using Hitv i tried searching for FTA channels, there is no audio/ video signal. what do i do to get the signal.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 5:18am On Sep 23, 2008
chilove:

@toxnaija, enitan, olofofo and all the gurus in the house,

i will not call myself a guru but someone that believe that if one has enough interest in anything, persistence will lead to great discoveries.

anyway, on what satellite are you trying to search for this Free to air? i sincerely hope that is not on eutelsatw4, currently, i do not think that there is none. all of the of the other channel either belong to DSTV or TREND. depending on your interest, you might want to consider getting a bigger dish if you really want to enjoy this FTA experience.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2008
obnelly:

olofofo,am not in lagos but i think you can give it a trial.if you have a good lnbf with perfect skewing ,you may likely get both vertical and horizontal signal.Mine come up in the evening around 6pm when its 7pm all signal will stay till around noon when the signal will experience drop in quality.Nile sat user try 10796 v 27500 you will love the music like mtv base for free.
Hight to me has nothing to do with dish settings,you can place your dish on the floor so far its properly aligned and skewed you have no problem tracking whatever you want even this DSTV dish we can mount it on the floor so far nothing is blocking the angle it will pick the signal.
Due to the angle of nilesat 7 degree our dish is bound to hold some amount of water during rainfall and this can affect the picture quality our best bet is to find a means of removing the water from the dish ,if you do ,it will increase the signal strenght to where it suppose to be.I need information on how to input keys on receiver ,ART AND SHOWTIME,kindly help me out .

entering keys into your decoder depends on the decoder that you are using, on my STRONG 4652, entering 8282 twice brings up the menu to enter keys.

regarding my nilesat palaver. what kind of lnbf are u suing? am using fuji. and it works welll for every other satellite except for the nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 6:11am On Sep 23, 2008
Ololofo,

i see u have got a lot of aversion to the word 'guru' judging by your most recent posts. personally i don't like the word that much, but those who like it and use it freely have are well within their rights to do so, popular interpretation of the word translates to 'someone who has enough knowledge about a thing (practical and/or theoritical) to serve as a guide for others'. so technically u don't have to have an advanced degree in telecomms engineering to be a 'Guru'. And just because information on a subject is readily available makes it a subject everyone is knowleagable, if u look at a school environment, even though everyone has access to the same materials, some people end up knowing more about a subject just because they apply themselves to it more than others, or have a better aptitude for it.
Another thing is that i doubt that anyone on this thread actively goes about calling himself a 'guru', u more often see it been used by someone else to describe another person, But you are right though, the 'Ego level' on this thread is Palpably high and is causing a lot of acrimony, but then again, wherever 2 or 3 are gathered, there will surely be some friction every now and then, just keep yourself above it all. No one has any real incentive to post on this thread, but we do it anyway, sometimes multiple times in a day. its just he fact that we all have a hobby we love and have found others with kindred spirit that makes us keep it up, if not why should people like Enigma and F_Marshal bother posting on this thread, like you said there are a million other FTA threads out there, and they don't even have the same problems as us where they are but i tell you for a fact, it is the LOVE that makes us all keep at it.

Chilove,

Just as Ololofo said, ur HITV is being broadcasted by eutelsat w4, at the moment there are no free to view channels on that bird. i assume that when u use the word 'tracking' you are most likely just using ur current position to search your decoder if there are free channels. But if you have the time and energy, you can do some real 'tracking' by moving your dish a few more degrees east and search for intelsat7/10, that is the next best thing in FTA in this region and it is relatively easy to get with even a 60cm dish (correct me if i'm wrong pls). you can get someone to accompany you while you are doing this, or check peoples profiles for their nos. and give them a call, i'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind taking the time to help you. all the best.

All,

i am finally watching showtime with my decoder, though i can't seem to open the ART/PHELA channels. also, Badaru, if u have the time, can you please give me some idea about inputting jsc keys, i tried with no success, i know it is a bit different from that of irdeto, something about having to input keys in two different encryption systems at once, i'll check up on it later, but please if you have the time, give me a little tut on that. oh, and by the way are the keys for jsc sports working right now, wouldn't make sence putting effort into something and not being able to know if you are doing the right thing.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 8:17am On Sep 23, 2008
Gangsta101:

Ololofo,

i see u have got a lot of aversion to the word 'guru' judging by your most recent posts. personally i don't like the word that much, but those who like it and use it freely have are well within their rights to do so, popular interpretation of the word translates to 'someone who has enough knowledge about a thing (practical and/or theoritical) to serve as a guide for others'. so technically u don't have to have an advanced degree in telecomms engineering to be a 'Guru'. And just because information on a subject is readily available makes it a subject everyone is knowleagable, if u look at a school environment, even though everyone has access to the same materials, some people end up knowing more about a subject just because they apply themselves to it more than others, or have a better aptitude for it.
Another thing is that i doubt that anyone on this thread actively goes about calling himself a 'guru', u more often see it been used by someone else to describe another person, But you are right though, the 'Ego level' on this thread is Palpably high and is causing a lot of acrimony, but then again, wherever 2 or 3 are gathered, there will surely be some friction every now and then, just keep yourself above it all. No one has any real incentive to post on this thread, but we do it anyway, sometimes multiple times in a day. its just he fact that we all have a hobby we love and have found others with kindred spirit that makes us keep it up, if not why should people like Enigma and F_Marshal bother posting on this thread, like you said there are a million other FTA threads out there, and they don't even have the same problems as us where they are but i tell you for a fact, it is the LOVE that makes us all keep at it.

Chilove,

Just as Ololofo said, ur HITV is being broadcasted by eutelsat w4, at the moment there are no free to view channels on that bird. i assume that when u use the word 'tracking' you are most likely just using ur current position to search your decoder if there are free channels. But if you have the time and energy, you can do some real 'tracking' by moving your dish a few more degrees east and search for intelsat7/10, that is the next best thing in FTA in this region and it is relatively easy to get with even a 60cm dish (correct me if i'm wrong please). you can get someone to accompany you while you are doing this, or check peoples profiles for their nos. and give them a call, i'm sure there are people who wouldn't mind taking the time to help you. all the best.

All,

i am finally watching showtime with my decoder, though i can't seem to open the ART/PHELA channels. also, Badaru, if u have the time, can you please give me some idea about inputting jsc keys, i tried with no success, i know it is a bit different from that of irdeto, something about having to input keys in two different encryption systems at once, i'll check up on it later, but please if you have the time, give me a little tut on that. oh, and by the way are the keys for jsc sports working right now, wouldn't make sence putting effort into something and not being able to know if you are doing the right thing.

well said,thanks. Keep spreading love peace and knowledge and the world will be a better place. You guys up north have all the fun with Nilesat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ twinstaiye,
i tried calling you this morning but it seems the phone was not with you, just want to appreciate your contribution, thank you so much again.

@ pitodenz,
am still awaiting further instructions from you, abi u don forget me?

@ nash-fta,
i totally agree with you concerning the feeds frequencies, but my thought is that maybe another setup which is totally different from what we use in receiving thos channels on our TV. Cos i do a lot of blindscanning during those periods and i dont seem to get anything, i know hitv also make use of some feeds signals from UK in Re-Xmisting their premiership matches here in Nigeria.
I think the only person who can help us out should be in the broadcasting world, not just a mere script writer/reader but a communication engineer in those stations, what do ya all think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by urfriend(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2008
hi enitan2002,all feeds are encrypted,so one can't and will never receive/watch them.mostly epl,la liga,f1,serie a,etc.except the provider of the feed wants it to be free.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ urfriend,
even if they are encrypted, i guess the mode of reception of those signals is quite different from what is obtained from this paytv and free-to-air, what do you think?
I will even like you to shed more light on that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by pitodenz(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
olofofo:

i believe you will require between a 2m-2.8m dish depending on where you are in Nigera. this is based on the coverage map u posted from lyngsat. the furtherest i have been able to get with  motorized pan 1.8m dish is Intelsat 4 @ 72E, it has some zambian (ZNBC) channel showing. that is actually the farthest my jack will go before blinking E2

If u re able to pick 72' on ur 1.8m,u can also due so on 78' but since u say that ur jack use to write error on reaching 72' that means u ve reach the maximum movement,so next time when u want to motorize a dish this what u do first;

1.(enitan take note) when casting ur pipe dont cast it straight later bend it a little bit to the east(as if
                                u re re falling it toward east)this ll now increase ur elevation on the east.

2.another option is when using double lnbf u can easily pick this signals when u re on 72'.but the lnb
                                for 76' should be a little bit on top of the 72' lnb.

3.ur jack setting play a very big roll here(not all installers know the best way to fix a jack)                 how jack is fixed also determine the maximum finishing of ur jack movement thereby giving u an elevation limitation.

N.B.FOR BEST RESULT USE MESH NET 2.4M DISH.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ pitodenz,
is that really for me? or should i be expecting mine on a separate post?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
I was inspired this morning to find out what actually is wrong with RDV (Radio Dunyaa Visions), so i tried looking for their website as none was available on lyngsat or any of the other sources.

so i go to google.sn (google senegal) and i type a couple of strings. i was able to find out RDV means the above so based on that and with google translate tool i was able to get their actual website http://www.excaf.com/accueil.html. i found out that RDV is just an aspect of the operation. they are into RADIO, CABLE-TV and TV.

since nothing was actually mentioned on the site regarding if the service has been encrypted or not, i decided to give them a call 009 221 338656666 and the guy that picked the phone goes , bonjour so i said Parlez-vous anglais and he says no and he says Permettez-moi de trouver quelqu'un qui parle anglais ( let me get someone that speaks English, so i wait and start thinking about the questions i was going to ask.

so the guy comes and i tell him that i am calling from Nigeria and i enjoy their broadcast on satellite but they have been off air for some time now.

he tells me they have problems, they are working on it. he does not know when they will be back, NO, there no subscription service on satellite yet. so i tell him thank you and i drop.

@pitodenz.

thx for you info but sincerely there' really nothing much on those channels to warrant those wahala. My main concern is how to join the Nilesat Army. I have a 2.4m pan dish that is not working for me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ olofofo,
thats a good work carried out by you, i've been trying similar things all this while, but i couldnt get a headway, i've even had this discussion with OLA that if we can get RDV contact and let them know the number of viewers they have in NIgeria, so that we can plead if their MOVIES can be subtitled in English, Since I have their phone number i will do that myself.
I say again THANKS A LOT.

I said it in one of my earlier post if some of you remember, that RDV might be having technical difficulties, and can never be scrambled all because they are not under a package in the satellite world. So my assumptions were right after all
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2008
if we can get them to translate that will be cool. they programming isn't really bad at all. including the football.

translated version of their program schedule

http://translate.google.com.ng/translate?u=http://www.excaf.com/rdvcouverture.html&sl=fr&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iwes(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ Gangsta101

About my last post . It is not my personal reseach, rather it an information from a DVB forum on the web I copied and pasted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by iwes(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
@all

the attachment accompanying my post, is an excerpt from the book title SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY by GELSTHORPE E.J. BORO. The book explains Cable TV antennas and reception (analog)

Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by vickoy23: 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ all

What news on Daarsat? i came accross this link that they have began test transmission. Is that true? h_t_t_p://itrealms..com/2008/09/testing-commences-daarsat-adds-on.html

@eniitan

I personally am not against any one doing research. afterall it is for the good of us all but I would not support a situation whereby the researcher does not state in clear terms it is a research based on assumed theories. If you would remember my previous post, I asked if you had actually tested this dvb-c thing because I had the impression earlier that you had tested it and it is working and you replied that you had not tested it.

I had wanted to jump to Alaba to look for this dvb-c decoder but had to post that question when I expressed doubt in your assumed findings. I would seriously advice that when you make researches, please state clearly it is a research and I believe many of us would not mind joining in the project for our comon good and not leaving the impression that it is an EUREKA.

@all

i take exception to the post that when a respected member of this forum makes a mistake, he or she should not be chided. If the guy that started this thread had done so on an assumed or misguiding platform we would not all be shouting " Our Great Forum". Information are meant to be clear and not muddled under some , what do I call it? i want to remember that in the earlier post, Some guy would just go to lyngsat, Satcodx and google, do some kind of research and post his theoretical findings here as a fact. I would not know of others but me I woud read it up and jump to the roof top, sit there through a whole day to work on my setup only to be disappointed at the end of the day. Did we not scold him?

React the way you want. No problem but the truth ned to be said. Imagine some guy saying ego is running wild here on this forum. I dont think we are here to show off but to share knowledge. That is why I keep coming back to this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 24, 2008
@ vickoy23,
well am not suprise at all at your statement, whenever there's a forum like this and people get familiarised with eachother, there's this some kind of 'mafia gang' being produced. And i definitely know whose 'gang' you belong to.
And i also know those that belong to 'my gang'. But even those that doesnt have any gang and being truthful to theirselves will definitely know the truth. I can see that you must be someone that have this kind of attitude that if your 'best-friend' is doing something wrong, you will never call his attention to it, all because one way or the other you are deriving one benefit from him.
Let me categorically say this, I dont think you have talked as long as i've talked to toxnaija on phone, you must have met him, but i dont. I cant even see him outside and recognise him. But i know him better than you do.
I've met several nairalanders from this thread, ranging from the 'great boljamoguns', OLA, ojofree, folo28 and so many others i can even remember their user names. Right from the 1st moment i speak to you even if i dont get to see you, i know the person who you are. And if am always eager to meet you that means the 'aura' around you is welcoming to me, but if I find one way or the other to avoid meeting personally with you, then have a re-think, i might not tell you this.
The time i met folo28 to join him in installation, and when i told him i've not met tox9a personally, he couldnt beleive it.He thought we see almost every day, and the way he talks about me to him on phone was like these guys must be brothers.
Toxnaija and I have even gone far discussing some 'funny & nasty things' which is not in any way related to this deisre of satellite.
OLA, also for example, i just met him on JULY 5th, 2008. I should've met long ago just because of my absence in lagos for sometime due to academics matters. But when i told tox9ja that OLA & I have not met personally he also couldnt beleive it then, cos the way i refer to OLA, it seems like we are next-door neighbours. I've longed for meeting him (OLA) right from the very 1st day we spoke on phone, so also with boljamoguns,ojofree,folo28 and several others.
You cant just pretend to be someone you are not to me, because before we get much closer, you will definitely reveal the real person you are.

I'm not someone who will threaten to leave this forum all because of one msiunderstanding or the other. Who am I to make that declaration. If i should one way or the other pass on today, who will definitely know that ENITAN is no more, i guess no one will know. You will just notice that all my numbers are not just going through. But that will never disturb the great work going on this forum. Leaders(true ones) strive to beget leaders.
There's a time i've had problems with some fellas in here guys like bodejohn(TV malawi stuff), 4QU29te guy, even with pitodenz, but none of them threaten to leave the forum. Where is the 4qu29te guy now? he's no where tobe found, havent we achieved something tremendous after his exit, and little contribution we are getting from bodejohn (though might be due to some reasons), even the starter of this thread, was nowhere to be found, but the guys he enlgithened carried on the good work.

@ all,
is it wrong for me to place my research on the forum? (i dont need anyone to answer that for me)
definitely NO.
I know people must have been wondering when i was asking enigma that DVB-C/T questions then, it was people very close to me i reveal that to then. But i didnt put anything on the forum, when my facts were not ready then. I went into laborious study, and came out with something serious and some M********G G**S here are criticizing me, well you cant put me down cos this is my field of study. There's something we call hypothesis and theories, i guess some science students here will know what am saying.
My conclusion based on my findings was, if one could get a DVB-C decoder one will surely get those discom stations. And the best place one can go look for things like that here in Lagos and a high percentage of getting it there is just the ALABA market. And i specifically said it, that this is for the serious minded guys who have no nilesat at home. I just dont know, if a so-called 'nilesat-user' might be intrested in getting these channels, all they are after is just to ridicule me here on the forum. The only way i can admit am wrong is if after getting a working DVB-C decoder and you didnt get those stations then i will openly apologize to everyone here on the forum.

Even on lyngsat, there're so many wrong information there, i will cite an instance the freq of ariane Tv, that of lyngsat is quite different from the one u will see on your TV screen. But will you say because of that lyngsat is all wrong. And because you couldnt get to find a DVB-C decoder at ALABA market doesnt remove the fact of the existence of such decoders. there're even some things you will search for at computer village that you wont get to see or some sections where you never envisage and u get them there.

@ all,
am wholeheartedly sorry for moving away from the discussion, but have already shealth my sword, but they dont let the sleeping enitan lie, so i guess a normal human being will react the way am reacting now
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:00am On Sep 24, 2008
@ all,
based on the direction olofofo posted regarding RDV contact, i also found out what i've been longing to have which is their e-mail address: dunyaa@sentoo.sn.
I will imbibe everyone on NSS7 ku to please in one way or the other try to send mails to that above mail address, 1st praising them on the services they rendered free of charge to us epscially in terms of sports basically football, permeirship matches/ UEFA matches e.t.c. and also making a request if their movies can be subtitled in english.
I personnally dont know the number of viewers of this bird here in nIgeria, but if they should see the number of mails coming in to the box, then they will difinitely know how much they are being apprecited by us, and they might even consider our request.

@ all,
I have some frequencies on my birds that are very active but without any content,
here is the list:
EUTELSAT W3A @ 7E
11045H, 5000
12603H, 27900
10990H, 5000

NSS7 KU @ 22W
11111v, 36000

what i thought these frequecies were supposed to be was a DATA linked frequency, but the xtra-ordinary function of my decoder which is eurostar ES-1 dont receive data signals like strong decoders, but only TV signals. So i thought we all hooked to those above bird should be expecting something nice in the nearest future. Cos I know that the people hooked to these above birds as at 2 years ago were not really satisfied as we are now, so also we hooked to those birds now should be expecting more exciting stations in the nearest future.

FREE TO AIR SATELLITE HAS COME TO STAY,

Let me again say a very BIG THANK YOU to the great badaru, cos he really brought out the best concerning staellite out of me and also to biggjoe for starting thise thread and to so many others that i've learnt some basic ideas people like Enigma, twinstaiye, Gangsta101, Baba Egun, Graciousme(only female on board), Pitodenz, OLA, vickoy23(who was the first person on this thread officially to track that great bird W3A) and also to SEUN OSEWA the administrator of this forum which has the highest number of per visits in a day in Nigeria, and also to every other person who in one way or the other has contributed to the development of this section in this forum which it's being regarded as the best section on this thread. Lets keep it up, i know one day we all will be rewarded based on our extra effort we put into making this. Some of us are family men, extremely busy, but we still in one way or the other out of your tight schedule in making this progress. And dont think the reward will be in MBC2/4/ACTION being viewed on your 90cm satellite dish, but it can come in other ways you dont expect.
And also let us give respect so that it will be given in return, and remeber the greatest law which is:
DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE OTHERS DO UNTO YOU, this statement is still embedded in the word LOVE(genuine)

I LOVE YOU ALL (cry tears of joy)
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 24, 2008
@ W3A viewers,
am dead sure you will agree with me that, whenever i say that bird is still the best bird to hook up to regarding 90cm dish. Its just full of suprises, 1st 'we' watch a lot of bollywood movies which are far far intresting compared to our nollywood movies (who dont know more than love/ritual films), and the reason i give this bird a thumb up is that it is just full of suprises especially the MBCs, if premiership are being shown on this bird, i guess the viewers on NSS7 will witness a great deduction.
I watched the carling cup match between MAN UTD/ MIDDLESBOROUGH yesterday live in the comfort of my home, where i over heard some guys outside my abode running all about to see where they could catch a glimpse of the on-going match which they are even ready to pay so as to be able to watch. I wish i was in the position of putting a TV outside my home in situation like this as as to be able to afford them them satisfaction i receive, cos i cant allow over a dozen into my tiny apartment. I would ahve love to post the pictures, but my internet speed is so low that it might take me sevral minutes to be able to achieve that.

MBC1 also hook up to a FTA station named 'ujala' which is also on pas7/10 c-band on freq 4132H, 2573 as from around 9pm every night, this station is so good at documentaries especially sci-tech, technology, inventions, history. I bet if you stay glued to this station for 5mins you bcom an addict.
The funny thing about all this FTA channels is that when given considerable time to familiarise yourself with their programmes you will then know they are extrememely good. So no matter how odd the name looks like, just develop the intrest in watching them and you will get finally hooked up.

I will also like to ask some members here that are satellite addicts (they all know theirselves) particularly the married ones, i hope your 'wives' dont get jealous that you've found something intresting other than them.
Cos with the way am going now, i definitely know i will ahve that problem when i settle down.
Tell me the way out, so i prepare myself fully armed for things that are yet to come
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:22am On Sep 24, 2008
@Urfriend;
You wrote: "hi enitan2002, all feeds are encrypted, so one can't and will never receive/watch them. mostly epl, la liga, f1, serie a, etc. except the provider of the feed wants it to be free".

I do not fully agree with urfriend that ALL feeds are encrypted. For example, last night between 1700Hrs - 2100Hrs GMT the feed frequency 11185 V 5696 on W3A was FTA and showing a live match: South African Premier League, Mamelodi Sundowns Vs Kaizer Chiefs !! And I watched up to the last minute of the game.
On monday evenings (1700Hrs - 1900Hrs GMT), the feed frequency 10999 V 3209 on W3A is usually FTA and broadcasts some christian programme from Nigeria. There is also this transponder 12605 V 27500 on W3A I mentioned before which is still 'active' but carries no audio or video. I found out on another forum that it used to broadcast 'National Geographic Channel Deutchland'. Who knows? One of these days pictures and sound may pop up on it!

@Enitan2002,
You wrote: "I will also like to ask some members here that are satellite addicts (they all know theirselves) particularly the married ones, i hope your 'wives' don't get jealous that you've found something intresting other than them.
Cos with the way am going now, i definitely know i will ahve that problem when i settle down.
Tell me the way out, so i prepare myself fully armed for things that are yet to come
".

My "Madam" knows I am an 'FTA Scientist' and gives me some 'space' to discover 'satelite feeds' since I also give "Madam" space to watch her popular soap operas!! And that creates 'harmony' in the house too! Its all about good communication.

These days I am becoming some "Feed-Hunter" and I welcome 'FTA-Scientists' to shed more light on this. Keep discovering.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by NashFTA(m): 7:36am On Sep 24, 2008
@W3A Users;
Is anyone able to receive Ariane TV on 11063 V 1150 ? I use a 65cm dish. The channel has been off-air for the last 7 days. To those using a 90cm dish or larger, are you able to receive the channel? The transponder used to be weak.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2008
@ Nash-FTA,
thats good for trying to agree with the ferq i posted. It seems feeds are most active on W3A at 7E compared to intelsat 7/10 ku at 68.5E. It seems NSS7 ku is out of you guys reach over there.
My question concerning these feeds is, can a company claim a sole right on a particular feed? The feed 11185V, 5696. if we all remember that during the olympics, globecast took total control of that feed from 3am till evening. But now since then, i've also been watching some south african matches on that feed, are we going to say globecast is the one behind that transmission or another company entirely?
The ariane freq 11063V, 1150 can't be received on my eurostar decoder, i think there must be something naugthy about that frequency, am not even sure it is an MPEG-2 video format, someone should please confirm this for me
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2008
Nash-FTA:

@W3A Users;
Is anyone able to receive Ariane TV on 11063 V 1150 ? I use a 65cm dish. The channel has been off-air for the last 7 days. To those using a 90cm dish or larger, are you able to receive the channel? The transponder used to be weak.

i use 1.8m motorized. all other frequencies are up except the Ariane TV. you are not alone.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2008
@ olofofo,
i guess you and badaru are in the same league, can u share with us your experience with the 1.8m motorised dish, kindly furnish with the total number of channels you have there and their programmes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2008
enitan2002:

@ olofofo,
i guess you and badaru are in the same league, can u share with us your experience with the 1.8m motorised dish, kindly furnish with the total number of channels you have there and their programmes.

i actually i have 3 dishes. 2.4m pan currently not in use as i no gree get nilesat with am, once in a while i try to track some other birds with it. the original terrestrial HITV dish. turned upside down and now in use for their satellite transmission. and there is my 1.8m motorized with the biggest jack of them all. i initially wanted to motorize the 2.4.

my jack currently has bout 24 positions

1. PAS 10 KU mytv
2. eutelsat w4 hitv, dstv
3.PAS 10 C china, india, pakistan
4. Intelsat 902c sabc, etv, ntv, citizen(kenya)
5.intelsat 906c channel10, TV mozambique, Angola
6.NSS 703c etv ethiopia
7.arabsat 2b----aljazeera
8.Intelsat 10-02, Pentagon Channel, ALL BBC RADIO, egypt
9.Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W DW TV, Niger
10.Express A3 11w some russian channels
11.intelsat 901 AIT
12. nss 7c CNN
13. intelsat 907 VOA, NTA
14. NSS 7ku
15.intelsat 801 ORTM
16. intelsat 903 RTI Premiere
17. INtelsat 905 RTB
18.EUtelsat W3a
19. EUtelsat W6 2m, arradia
20.Intelsat 4 72.0°E ZNBC
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by bodejohn(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2008
enitan2002:

There's a time I've had problems with some fellas in here guys like bodejohn(TV Malawi stuff),

@ Enitan2002
You see what it feels like to be accused wrongly.

I did not leave the forum, i just took time off to do some solo research on my own since we have been engulfed in controversies and power tussles than solving each other's problems and answering questions. i visit this forum like 3 to 4 times daily and i can tell you that the quality of intellectual ideas passed is been watered down by the controversies.

@
Can someone confirm for me the frequencies of MBC 1& 3 on W3
I have not been able to track it after setting up the W3 dish.

i suggest we stop calling each other gurus, maybe some other names like , comrades maybe better  wink
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by Gangsta101(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2008
About W3A,

Up until a few months ago, i was using a 3-sat multi-LNB setup in Zaria and i was receiving Nilesat, w3a and NSS7, there was even a period of a few days when i managed to catch W4 in addition to the other 3 (the dish was facing east). However, in the last two months i have moved to Kaduna and since then i have been unable to catch the W3A in addition to the nilesat and NSS7, i think it is most likely because my dish is located under a tree so even though i have a clear enough line of sight to receive nilesat, i cant receive the w3a even if i use the entire 1.8m dish to face 7 degree east. the funny thing is i can get W4 by turning the dish a few degrees east, but i can't receive intelsat 7/10 when i move it farther down still. the whole thing is all very annoying. what i need is a full day free to really map the environment and see where the best place to mount the dish is.

Twinstaiye,

Were you able to open the showtime/ART packages at all?
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by olofofo(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2008
bodejohn:

@ Enitan2002
You see what it feels like to be accused wrongly.

I did not leave the forum, i just took time off to do some solo research on my own since we have been engulfed in controversies and power tussles than solving each other's problems and answering questions. i visit this forum like 3 to 4 times daily and i can tell you that the quality of intellectual ideas passed is been watered down by the controversies.

@
Can someone confirm for me the frequencies of MBC 1& 3 on W3
I have not been able to track it after setting up the W3 dish.

i suggest we stop calling each other gurus, maybe some other name like , comrades maybe better  wink

11190v 3210
Re: Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) by adewoyin: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2008
thks olofofo 4 d information on rdv issues,i really appreciate 4 d brief,wat channels will show chelsea match

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (85)

Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES? / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b / All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.