Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! (4930 Views)

The Cult Of The Askers And Knøckers And Seekers / Why Islam Is Far Far More Reasonable And Nearer To The Truth Than Christianity / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ahad in arabic means what?

According to you one of.
Rely less on Wikipedia please.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on Wikipedia. As a user-generated source, it can be edited by anyone at any time, and any information it contains at a particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or simply incorrect.

One of the names of Allah, subhanahu wa taala, is al-Ahad, and this name with the al- in front of it should not be used as a name because it is specific to Allah.

Bilal, the Ethiopian famous for first making the Adhan (call to prayer) and often making the call when he was alive and able; this giant of a man, this weak, famished and naked black slave didn’t give up. He was tortured in the desert, was dragged through Makkah with a rope tied to his neck, was beaten by the common folk; but he kept saying just one word “AHAD, AHAD, AHAD” (One, One, One) His proclamation of tawheed (Oneness of Allah) echoed through Makkah when no one else declared it publicly.

You should seek more knowledge of arabic language to understand the meaning and usage of Ahad as (One, unique) and one of. In context they are different.

In Quran 22:30
Apart from this, whoever respects the sacred ordinances of God, will find a better reward for him with his Lord. You are allowed to eat all cattle except those already mentioned to you. So avoid the filthiness of the idols, and avoid false speech

It is interesting to note that the Aramaic word “El”, which is the word for God in the language that Jesus spoke, is certainly more similar in sound to the word “Allah” than the English word “God.”
Allah: there is no god but Him, the Ever Living, the Ever Watchful. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. All that is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to Him. Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the earth; it does not weary Him to preserve them both. He is the Most High, the Tremendous.”
Quran 2:255
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
honesttalk21:
Arabic and Hebrew languages are Semitic however are you misinterpreting the Hebrew Al, El to that of Arabic?

No sir.
Standard Arabic do not have letter E (as in egg) , this is not true with other semitic language who use letter A (as in apple) for E.
This Al-, El- or Il- are variants depending on the dialect.
You may confirm as Google is your friend.

honesttalk21:

Furthermore, in arabic copies of the bible for Christians in Arabic speaking nations, do you imply Allah written there is an idol?

Gen 1:1 in a bible written in Arabic.
https://marytn.medium.com/the-word-allah-in-the-arabic-bible-c39c71a58d2e
Allah just mean Deity!
It is a title and thus the question is which particular deity!
Is the Deity the Deity of Abraham or is the Deity the Deity of the Moabites or the Deity of the Amorites?
Google is also your friend.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
Allah is a proper noun and is the name of The Supreme Being, Creator of heavens and earth and is worshipped in all Abrahamic religions.

Ilah on the other hand is any object of worship. It can be Allah or any other. As a Muslim my ilah is allah and no one else.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Allah is the Arabic language word referring to "God", "the Lord" and, literally according to the Qur'an, to the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" in the Abrahamic religions.

It does not mean "a god", but rather "the Only God", the Supreme Creator of the universe, and it is the main term for the deity in Islam
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
When the Christians of Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Egypt and say Allah or read a verse like Genesis Chapter 1 vs 1; tell us Tenq; do they refer to a Deity or the Supreme God.

Close by the musician Jeremiah in his song Allah na baka is referring to who please?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 4:00am On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
Allah is a proper noun and is the name of The Supreme Being, Creator of heavens and earth and is worshipped in all Abrahamic religions.

Ilah on the other hand is any object of worship. It can be Allah or any other. As a Muslim my ilah is allah and no one else.
But even in the Quran, Allah is not the Creator of Everything : is he?

You are just making a repetition. I have given you solid arguments to which you have no answer. The fact that Allah has been turned into a proper name doesn't mean that it had always been like that.

Don't forget that the three daughters of Lah also had AL- preceeding their names.
Al-Manat
Al-Uzzat
Al-Lat
It's thus not strange that the name Lah is preceeded with AL- as, Al-Lah!
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 4:04am On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
When the Christians of Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Egypt and say Allah or read a verse like Genesis Chapter 1 vs 1; tell us Tenq; do they refer to a Deity or the Supreme God.

Close by the musician Jeremiah in his song Allah na baka is referring to who please?
Let me ask you a question: Is the God referred to IN Gen 1:1 Yahweh or Allah or Buddha?

Just as in the use of God in English language, the context is what determine which God. Is this God Yahweh or Allah or Ogun or Tor? Only the context would determine that.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 4:08am On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
Allah is the Arabic language word referring to "God", "the Lord" and, literally according to the Qur'an, to the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob" in the Abrahamic religions.

It does not mean "a god", but rather "the Only God", the Supreme Creator of the universe, and it is the main term for the deity in Islam
This is a subtle Taqqiya : all modern Muslim say that Allah is the proper name of their God And that it doesn't mean God.

Can you find me any reference where Allah is the only God in Islam or the supreme creator in the Quran ?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 4:33am On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
Ahad in arabic means what?

According to you one of.
Rely less on Wikipedia please.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source for citations elsewhere on Wikipedia. As a user-generated source, it can be edited by anyone at any time, and any information it contains at a particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or simply incorrect.

One of the names of Allah, subhanahu wa taala, is al-Ahad, and this name with the al- in front of it should not be used as a name because it is specific to Allah.

And Ahad 99.9% of the times in the Quran mean ONE of (Many) or UNITY

Can you show me Other verses in the Quran where Ahad means One !

honesttalk21:

Bilal, the Ethiopian famous for first making the Adhan (call to prayer) and often making the call when he was alive and able; this giant of a man, this weak, famished and naked black slave didn’t give up. He was tortured in the desert, was dragged through Makkah with a rope tied to his neck, was beaten by the common folk; but he kept saying just one word “AHAD, AHAD, AHAD” (One, One, One) His proclamation of tawheed (Oneness of Allah) echoed through Makkah when no one else declared it publicly.

You should seek more knowledge of arabic language to understand the meaning and usage of Ahad as (One, unique) and one of. In context they are different.

In Quran 22:30
Apart from this, whoever respects the sacred ordinances of God, will find a better reward for him with his Lord. You are allowed to eat all cattle except those already mentioned to you. So avoid the filthiness of the idols, and avoid false speech

1. If Bilal was shouting Ahad! It shows that Ahad/Ehad is a word in use before Islam and thus not unique to Islam
2. Was Bilal the first Muslim: if before learning Islam, he already knew Ahad
3. You obviously don't know that the use of Ahad was copied from the Jewish shamah where the God of Israel is described as Ehad
4. Can you explain why Bilal as one of the first Muslim converts was never freed from slavery till he died? Can you also explain where Mohammed NEVER did the call to Prayers (was it a duty reserved for a slave) ?)

honesttalk21:

It is interesting to note that the Aramaic word “El”, which is the word for God in the language that Jesus spoke, is certainly more similar in sound to the word “Allah” than the English word “God.”
Allah: there is no god but Him, the Ever Living, the Ever Watchful. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. All that is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to Him. Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the earth; it does not weary Him to preserve them both. He is the Most High, the Tremendous.”
Quran 2:255

You still don't get it. The Aramaic word spoken by Jesus was El-i, meaning MY DEITY/GOD.
The direct equivalent of Al-Lah in Hebrew is Eloah meaning DEITY/GOD.

El-, Eloah mean Deity/God exactly as used in English language. The question is WHICH Deity, Yahweh or Allah or Buddha! You tell me!?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 4:38am On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
Arabic and Hebrew languages are Semitic however are you misinterpreting the Hebrew Al, El to that of Arabic?

Furthermore, in arabic copies of the bible for Christians in Arabic speaking nations, do you imply Allah written there is an idol?

Gen 1:1 in a bible written in Arabic.
https://marytn.medium.com/the-word-allah-in-the-arabic-bible-c39c71a58d2e
The name of the Deity of the Jews is Yahweh!

The name of the Deity of the Christians is Yahweh!

The modern name of the Deity of the Muslims is Allah

A Deity is simply WHATEVER Is WORSHIPPED by a people.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2023
I didn't respond to your earlier statement in another post about me not seeming stupid. Your recent posts prompts me to think it's a question you are often asked.

Allah refers to himself as Ahad in only one place don't mix this up with other places of it's use. Bilal says Ahadun Ahad.

Allah calls Himself Al-Ahad— The Only One, the Unique— on one occasion in the Quran. Al-Ahad is the One who was, is, and will ever remain alone. He is indivisible and the essence of unity, and nothing or no one can ever be equal to Him in essence in all His beautiful attributes!

The Sole One, The Unity
Ahad. The first meaning is to be the only one and sole. The second main meaning is to unite or unify. This root appears 85 times in the Quran in 2 derived forms. Examples of these forms are ahadun (“anyone”), ahadukum (“one of you”) and ihdaa (“any, one”).

al-Ahad means being one in His attributes. Al-Ahad is one of the attributes of Allah which belong uniquely to Him, and in which nothing else has a share.
Bilal was a slave of Ummayah Ibn Khalaf, who was furious when he found out about his belief in the Oneness of Allah. Each day he would put Bilal in the heat of the sun denying him food or water and he ordered others to place a large rock on his chest so he could hardly breath.
He continued crushing him saying, “I will never stop torturing you, until either you die or you declare kufr in Muhammad and you return back to worshipping the Lat and Uzzah.” You see Al Ahad is different from Lat and Uzzah which you try to force a sameness on. Do rag and ray refer to the same?
In extreme hardship and under the pressure of the rock on his chest Bilal spoke his famous words of unshakeable faith which are an inspiration to all believers:
“Ahadun Ahad”, “The One! The One!” After eleven days of torture Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu bought Bilal and set him free. The Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam himself soon selected Bilal for one of the most honourable tasks: the mu’addhin, the caller of the adhaan, every day proclaiming the Oneness of Allah, Al-Ahad!
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:
Modified title
Islam: How To Handle Unwanted Truths

I opened a Thread on the topic:
Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed!
Those who hate the TRUTH just pulled the thread down a few moments ago.
The Summary:
1. I defined the term "a CULT" as a group or organization that is characterized by its devotion to a specific person, idea, or belief system.

2. I gave examples from the Qur'an, Hadiths and Tafsirs to show that the primary beneficiary of Islam is Mohammed

3. I further gave a list of 16 privileges given to Mohammed ALONE by Allah (differentiating him from other Muslims) which was centered around properties/money , Sex and Women ALL from Muslim sources

4. Some of Mohammed's followers felt that the information shouldn't be made available to Muslims and should be taken down by the Mods.

5. The Mods seem to believe that the TRUTH should be suppressed and hidden because Islam doesn't appreciate them.

6. I did NOT use any disrespectful words either to describe Allah, Mohammed, Muslims or Islam

Questions:
1. Why is it that Muslims hate TRUTHS from their own trusted literatures when it is against their preferred standard narratives?
2. If God is TRUTH, why must his Religion be defended with Untruths?
3. As a Christian who knows that you are following one of the AntiChrists and doesn't want you to be caught in a web of Taqqiya, how do you want me to discuss Islam?
4. Is it true that:
A Muslim is one who is lead by the Mantra: "Don't confuse me with the Truth because I have already made up my Mind"

I asked some basic questions:
Question:
1. Is Islam not devoted to the benefit of Mohammed?
2. Why would Islam not be classified as a cult of Mohammed?
3. Is their any prophet who have these kind of privileges other than Mohammed?

Cc:
All my Friends on Nairaland:

LegalWolf Vanessa7 AntiChristian Empiree, Rash4ductluv, BabaHeekmat,
Haekymbahd, motayoayinde, drlateef, Thatfairguy1, MrCodeSolo ,
Hisbah21, thatsleepboy1 , Lordmoh , OBALOLA55, x123xlolls , Lukuluku69
, mhmsadyq, Ibsaq , Herkeym001 , Sulasa07 , hakeemhakeem ,
abduljabbar4 ,olaalekan ,Friend22 , uthlaw , Exc2000 , AbuTwins
,Akhirastriver ,Akinbahm , Sino , KayB , youngdroly , jaggabban ,
ukeleh , Realismailakabir , Bami8064 Greatgr , Gaskiyamagana Compton11
, Alfarouq , MrCodeSolo Satmaniac saintHot, drlateef, Donkmore
Akinbahm , IMEI , FATHAT , talk2hb1 , iamrealdeji , Encyclopedia1 ,
Raheeqilmaktoom , Bintdawood , Flanker , Raheeqilmaktoom , rolams ,honesttalk21 , Negroid001 , Nvestor02 , Coolsat

How does your definition of cult exclude Christianity being a cult of the jew named Jesus?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 9:59am On Jun 17, 2023
LordReed:

How does your definition of cult exclude Christianity being a cult of the jew named Jesus?
Read my lips carefully!
Is Christianity a cult of Jesus?

You can loosely describe Christianity as a cult however can you define it as a cult of Jesus: this is the point of argument?

You'll need to tell me what Jesus benefit was in making disciples and eventually Christians.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by LordReed(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

Read my lips carefully!

You can loosely describe Christianity as a cult however can you define it as a cult of Jesus: this is the point of argument?

You'll need to tell me what Jesus benefit was in making disciples and eventually Christians.

1. He never had to work to provide sustenance for himself or his disciples because people donated to him and wanted him to come to big fancy dinners even.

2. Personal aggrandisement, having people shout your name and throng you everywhere you go is pretty heady and very ego boosting.

3. Power over people. Insinuating he is the son of the god of the jew and was prophesied to reign over Israel, he courted peoples attention and devotion which they gave.

1 Like

Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2023
LordReed:

1. He never had to work to provide sustenance for himself or his disciples because people donated to him and wanted him to come to big fancy dinners even.

2. Personal aggrandisement, having people shout your name and throng you everywhere you go is pretty heady and very ego boosting.

3. Power over people. Insinuating he is the son of the god of the jew and was prophesied to reign over Israel, he courted peoples attention and devotion which they gave.
Okay, I didn't know that!
Thanks for the info!!
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by ItsReal: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2023
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by LordReed(m): 10:40am On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

Okay, I didn't know that!
Thanks for the info!!

LoLz. So Christianity is a cult of the jew named Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by gaskiyamagana: 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by gaskiyamagana: 1:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

A lie is detected when it is PROVED that what has been said has no bearing with the TRUTH. Saying my truth is lies without proving it might as well be a white LIE! LOL!!

1. The Qur'an gives us reasons to think it's a lie because they are full of statements we all agree is not of God's character and attributes to make.
2. Your hadiths and Tafsirs are full of evidences of outright fabrications and fables as you Muslims too agree
3. There are too many questions you Muslims cannot answer in your religious books and literatures without resorting to lies (Taqqiya), Violence or Silence.

It doesn't matter how convinced you are about the check you received to sell your goods: if the check is a dud, you have been swindled and you have lost.

So is Islam!

I will suggest (on a neutral basis) for the sake of your salvation, study the scripture of the Jews and check if the fundamental aligns with Islam.

Why?
You claim that Moses, David, Aaron, Zachariah, Yahaya, Jesus are all Muslims: if they are, then they follow the religion of the Jews.
After, ask yourself why Islam hates, demonizes and despises the Jews and their religion

I still invite you to the Messiah for the sake of your eternal life.
Or at least, ask yourself according to what Mohammed taught you
1. What is so special about the Messiah that He has qualities not given to humans?
2. Why (if it's not a mistake by Allah) the Messiah was sent to the world?
3. Why it makes sense that the Messiah will return to convert everyone to ISLAM when He himself never preached Islam?
Which religion did he preach ?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
Just to inform you another verse where Ahad is used is Quran 12:78

Qaaloo yaaa ayyuhal 'Azeezu inna lahooo aban shaikhan kabeeran fakhuz ahadanaa makaanahoo innaa naraaka minal muhsineen

They said: “O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will grieve for him); so take one of us [/b]in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing good.”

Ahadanaa is one of

Ahad is one

Bilal may Allah be pleased with him lived a free man before his death.

[b]Emancipation of Bilal
:
News of this slave reached some of Prophet’s companions and they informed the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) about Bilal (R.A.). Prophet (S.A.W.) sent Abu Bakr (R.A.) to negotiate for the emancipation of Bilal (R.A.).
Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.) went to Umayyah and his people while they were torturing Bilal (R.A.). Abu Bakr (R.A.) shouted at them,
"Are you killing a man because he says, 'Allah is my Lord?"'
Then Abu Bakr (R.A.) shouted at Bilal’s master Umayah ibn Khalaf,
''Take more than his price and set him free."
Umayyah liked Abu Bakr’s (R.A.) offer as he thought that selling Bilal (R.A.) to Abu Bakr (R.A.) was more profitable to him than his servant’s death.
Umayyah sold Bilal (R.A.) to Abu Bakr (R.A.). Abu Bakr (R.A.) immediately emancipated Bilal (R.A.) and Bilal took his place among free men.

When Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.) put his arm round Bilal, rushing with him to freedom,Umayah said to him,

"If you had refused to buy him except for one ounce of gold, I would have sold him to you."
Abu Bakr realized it was appropriate not to answer, but because they violated the dignity of this man who had become his brother and his equal, he answered Umayah by saying,

"By Allah, if you had refused to sell him except for a hundred ounces, I would have paid it."

Be more thorough in your research please.

TenQ:

Can you show me Other verses in the Quran where Ahad means One !

1. If Bilal was shouting Ahad! It shows that Ahad/Ehad is a word in use before Islam and thus not unique to Islam
2. Was Bilal the first Muslim: if before learning Islam, he already knew Ahad
3. You obviously don't know that the use of Ahad was copied from the Jewish shamah where the God of Israel is described as Ehad
4. Can you explain why Bilal as one of the first Muslim converts was never freed from slavery till he died? Can you also explain where Mohammed NEVER did the call to Prayers (was it a duty reserved for a slave) ?)

You still don't get it. The Aramaic word spoken by Jesus was El-i, meaning MY DEITY/GOD.
The direct equivalent of Al-Lah in Hebrew is Eloah meaning DEITY/GOD.

El-, Eloah mean Deity/God exactly as used in English language. The question is WHICH Deity, Yahweh or Allah or Buddha! You tell me!?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by gaskiyamagana: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

Read my lips carefully!

Some are bereaved of logic because of hatred; not necessarily because of ignorant.
If it is possible for someone to loosely describe Christianity as a cult, how loosely have you not describe Islam as a cult?
Something must have gone wrong somewhere when what sauces goose can not sauce gander.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
I didn't respond to your earlier statement in another post about me not seeming stupid. Your recent posts prompts me to think it's a question you are often asked.

Allah refers to himself as Ahad in only one place don't mix this up with other places of it's use. Bilal says Ahadun Ahad.

Allah calls Himself Al-Ahad— The Only One, the Unique— on one occasion in the Quran. Al-Ahad is the One who was, is, and will ever remain alone. He is indivisible and the essence of unity, and nothing or no one can ever be equal to Him in essence in all His beautiful attributes!

The Sole One, The Unity
Ahad. The first meaning is to be the only one and sole. The second main meaning is to unite or unify. This root appears 85 times in the Quran in 2 derived forms. Examples of these forms are ahadun (“anyone”), ahadukum (“one of you”) and ihdaa (“any, one”).

al-Ahad means being one in His attributes. Al-Ahad is one of the attributes of Allah which belong uniquely to Him, and in which nothing else has a share.
Bilal was a slave of Ummayah Ibn Khalaf, who was furious when he found out about his belief in the Oneness of Allah. Each day he would put Bilal in the heat of the sun denying him food or water and he ordered others to place a large rock on his chest so he could hardly breath.
He continued crushing him saying, “I will never stop torturing you, until either you die or you declare kufr in Muhammad and you return back to worshipping the Lat and Uzzah.” You see Al Ahad is different from Lat and Uzzah which you try to force a sameness on. Do rag and ray refer to the same?
In extreme hardship and under the pressure of the rock on his chest Bilal spoke his famous words of unshakeable faith which are an inspiration to all believers:
“Ahadun Ahad”, “The One! The One!” After eleven days of torture Abu Bakr radiyallahu anhu bought Bilal and set him free. The Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam himself soon selected Bilal for one of the most honourable tasks: the mu’addhin, the caller of the adhaan, every day proclaiming the Oneness of Allah, Al-Ahad!
I will prefer that you quote me just as I am quoting you so that we both can keep track of our conversation : I almost don't know which of my posts you refer to.

Not withstanding, I asked a question that would solve this problem.

And Ahad 99.9% of the times in the Quran mean ONE of (Many) or
UNITY

Can you show me Other verses in the Quran where Ahad means One?

Bilal was a Slave of Abu Bakr till he died unless you furnish a proof
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Which religion did he preach ?
Just as Moses didn't preach ANY religion nor any of the prophet of Israel, Jesus NEVER preached ANY religion.

If this is a lie, please provide evidence.

The words Islam and the word Muslim exist in the Quran. Can you show me the word Christianity or the word Judaism in the Bible?

Only Mohammed preached a Religion which he created!
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
honesttalk21:
Just to inform you another verse where Ahad is used is Quran 12:78

Qaaloo yaaa ayyuhal 'Azeezu inna lahooo aban shaikhan kabeeran fakhuz ahadanaa makaanahoo innaa naraaka minal muhsineen

They said: “O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will grieve for him); so take one of us in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing good.”

Ahadanaa is one of

Ahad is one

I am disappointed in your knowledge of Islam.
You quoted

Quran 12:78
They said: “O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will grieve for him); so take one of us in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing good.”

You didn't note that Ahad doesn't mean ONE but ONE OF

My Question again was:

honesttalk21:

Bilal may Allah be pleased with him lived a free man before his death.

Emancipation of Bilal:
News of this slave reached some of Prophet’s companions and they informed the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) about Bilal (R.A.). Prophet (S.A.W.) sent Abu Bakr (R.A.) to negotiate for the emancipation of Bilal (R.A.).
Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.) went to Umayyah and his people while they were torturing Bilal (R.A.). Abu Bakr (R.A.) shouted at them,
"Are you killing a man because he says, 'Allah is my Lord?"'
Then Abu Bakr (R.A.) shouted at Bilal’s master Umayah ibn Khalaf,
''Take more than his price and set him free."
Umayyah liked Abu Bakr’s (R.A.) offer as he thought that selling Bilal (R.A.) to Abu Bakr (R.A.) was more profitable to him than his servant’s death.
Umayyah sold Bilal (R.A.) to Abu Bakr (R.A.). Abu Bakr (R.A.) immediately emancipated Bilal (R.A.) and Bilal took his place among free men.

When Abu Bakr Siddiq (R.A.) put his arm round Bilal, rushing with him to freedom,Umayah said to him,

"If you had refused to buy him except for one ounce of gold, I would have sold him to you."
Abu Bakr realized it was appropriate not to answer, but because they violated the dignity of this man who had become his brother and his equal, he answered Umayah by saying,

"By Allah, if you had refused to sell him except for a hundred ounces, I would have paid it."

Be more thorough in your research please.

Sometimes I wonder where you learn your Islam: maybe they were busy teaching you their Taqqiya but you didn't know!

Let me lecture you on this!
1. Bilal was born as a slave in Mecca. His fatherRabah was an Arab slave his mother was a black woman to a slave master Umayyah ibn Khalaf.
2. Bilal was one of the first persons to accept Islam in mecca and his master found out and tortured him for several days while he refused to renounce Islam as he kept saying Allah is one (Ahad)
3. The report got to Mohammed who sent Abu Bakr to see to his release from Umayyah ibn Khalaf,
4. Abubakar went to Umayyah ibn Khalaf and after either purchasing him or exchanging him for a non-Muslim slave, Bilal was released to Abubakar
5. Bilal henceforth became owned by Abubakar as his slave till the death of Mohammed.
6. Bilal desired to be set free as he had served both Abubakar, Mohammed and Islam faithfully over a long time. At a point he had to challenge Abubakar for his freedom.
Sahih al-Bukhari 3755
Narrated Qais:
Bilal said to Abu Bakr, "If you have bought me for yourself then keep me (for yourself), but if you have bought me for Allah's Sake, then leave me for Allah's Work."

7. I am not aware of any record that says Bilal was set free by Abubakar. You should know as a Muslim and be able to present the evidence

8. Bilal had a wife and died about the age of 60.

Conclusion :
So, you have given evidence where Abubakar bought Bilal but no evidence where he set Bilal free. Sahih al-Bukhari 3755 showed that Abubakar didn't set Bilal free
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Some are bereaved of logic because of hatred; not necessarily because of ignorant.
If it is possible for someone to loosely describe Christianity as a cult, how loosely have you not describe Islam as a cult?
Something must have gone wrong somewhere when what sauces goose can not sauce gander.
Atheists would call Christians a cult.

This expose is to show you that Islam is a CULT of ONE PERSON Mohammed.

Why is Islam a Cult of Mohammed?
Because the Religion Islam is centered upon his own privileges.

1. He Alone takes 20% of war booties while everyother Muslim who went to war share the remaining
2. Every Muslim is LIMITED to 4 Wives except him who has unlimited number
3. If Muhammad likes your Muslim wife, you have to divorce her for him
4. It is halal for ANY Muslim woman to give herself for sex to Mohammed without marriage.
5. Mohammed is the only Muslim exempted from paying dowry to marry any Muslim.
6. Mohammed is permitted to break his solemn oath
Etc

As you can see, Islam as a religion is CENTERED upon one man Mohammed : tell me why Islam is therefore NOT a cult of Mohammed?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by gaskiyamagana: 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

Just as Moses didn't preach ANY religion nor any of the prophet of Israel, Jesus NEVER preached ANY religion.

If this is a lie, please provide evidence.

The words Islam and the word Muslim exist in the Quran. Can you show me the word Christianity or the word Judaism in the Bible?

Only Mohammed preached a Religion which he created!
Are you saying the word Christianity has nothing to do with the term or concept 'Religion' because it was not written in the Bible?
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by gaskiyamagana: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2023
TenQ:

Atheists would call Christians a cult.

This expose is to show you that Islam is a CULT of ONE PERSON Mohammed.

Why is Islam a Cult of Mohammed?
Because the Religion Islam is centered upon his own privileges.

1. He Alone takes 20% of war booties while everyother Muslim who went to war share the remaining
4. It is halal for ANY Muslim woman to give herself for sex to Mohammed without marriage.
Etc

As you can see, Islam as a religion is CENTERED upon one man Mohammed : tell me why Islam is therefore NOT a cult of Mohammed?
Misinterpretation, misrepresentation and pure disbelief of yours , as l have said and I will continue to say, blocked your reasoning on anything Islam. As shaytan is free to mislead whoever chooses his paths, so also you are free to turn upside down Islam to mislead whoever reason along with you.
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Are you saying the word Christianity has nothing to do with the term or concept 'Religion' because it was not written in the Bible?
You asked a question :
gaskiyamagana:

Which religion did he (Jesus) preach ?
Did Jesus preach Christianity?
Certainly Not!
Did Moses preach Judaism?
Certainly Not!
Did Mohammed preach Islam?
Certainly YES!

Followers of Jesus are known as Christians and Jesus did not teach Christianity!

Your Question is answered
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Misinterpretation, misrepresentation and pure disbelief of yours , as l have said and I will continue to say, blocked your reasoning on anything Islam. As shaytan is free to mislead whoever chooses his paths, so also you are free to turn upside down Islam to mislead whoever reason along with you.
Please tell me which of the items here that I have misinterpretated or misrepresented or told outright lies
About Mohammed :
Etc

Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 11:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
I had stated Ahad means one.
Allah; the most glorified and most high, refers to himself by this name in only one place.
Interestingly Ahad also means one.
Bring an alternate transliteration of the Surah Ikhlas (Sincerity/Purity).

You allege that Ahad means one of kindly show me proof of this. Preferably from the Quran.

I explained to you from Quran 12:78 where the root of this word hamza, ha and dal is also used in the phrase ahadanaa (note the ending nun and alif). Ahadana combines ahad with mina which means of us to become one of us.

You are very well read in semitic language and most probably Arabic so kindly educate me more that ahad means something other than one.

TenQ:

I will prefer that you quote me just as I am quoting you so that we both can keep track of our conversation : I almost don't know which of my posts you refer to.

Not withstanding, I asked a question that would solve this problem.

And Ahad 99.9% of the times in the Quran mean ONE of (Many) or
UNITY

Bilal was a Slave of Abu Bakr till he died unless you furnish a proof
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by honesttalk21: 12:05am On Jun 18, 2023
Can you answer this question?

Sahih Bukhari recognized by majority of Muslims to be the most authentic collection of reports of the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh. It contains over 7500 hadith (with repetitions) in 97 books, are these the only or all the hadith of the Prophet?

Regarding proof that Bilal may Allah be pleased with him was freed do see Sahih Bukhari 3754

Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, used to say, “Abu Bakr is our master and he emancipated our master,” meaning Bilal.

In another narration it is mentioned that when Bilal became a Muslim, his masters took hold of him and laid him on the ground and placed stones and cow skin on him and said, “Your gods are Lat and Uzza [names of idols].” However, Bilal(ra) would only repeat, “Ahad, Ahad [God is One, God is One].”

Abu Bakr(ra) approached his masters and said, “For how long will you continue to torment this man?” Abu Bakr paid seven auqiyah for Bilal and freed him. One auqiyah is equivalent to 40 dirham; that is, he paid 280 dirhams for him. Thereafter, Abu Bakr(ra) narrated this incident to the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, upon which the Holy Prophet(sa) said, “O Abu Bakr! Include me in this deed as well.” Abu Bakr replied, “O Prophet(sa) of Allah! I have already freed him.” (Ibn Sa‘d, Al-Tabaqat al-Kubra, Vol. 3, Bilal bin Rabah [Beirut, Lebanon: Dar al-Kutub al-‘Ilmiyyah, 2017]

The conduct of Abu Bakr was approved by Allah in the following verses of the Holy Quran:

"He who gives in charity and fears Allah And in all sincerity testifies to the Truth; We shall indeed make smooth for him the path of Bliss" {92:5-7}

"Those who spend their wealth for increase in self-purification; And have in their minds no favor from any one For which a reward is expected in return, But only the desire to seek the Countenance, Of their Lord, Most High; And soon they shall attain complete satisfaction." {92:8-21}

Next?

TenQ:

I am disappointed in your knowledge of Islam.
You quoted

You didn't note that Ahad doesn't mean ONE but ONE OF

My Question again was:

Sometimes I wonder where you learn your Islam: maybe they were busy teaching you their Taqqiya but you didn't know!

Let me lecture you on this!
1. Bilal was born as a slave in Mecca. His fatherRabah was an Arab slave his mother was a black woman to a slave master Umayyah ibn Khalaf.
2. Bilal was one of the first persons to accept Islam in mecca and his master found out and tortured him for several days while he refused to renounce Islam as he kept saying Allah is one (Ahad)
3. The report got to Mohammed who sent Abu Bakr to see to his release from Umayyah ibn Khalaf,
4. Abubakar went to Umayyah ibn Khalaf and after either purchasing him or exchanging him for a non-Muslim slave, Bilal was released to Abubakar
5. Bilal henceforth became owned by Abubakar as his slave till the death of Mohammed.
6. Bilal desired to be set free as he had served both Abubakar, Mohammed and Islam faithfully over a long time. At a point he had to challenge Abubakar for his freedom.
Sahih al-Bukhari 3755
Narrated Qais:
Bilal said to Abu Bakr, "If you have bought me for yourself then keep me (for yourself), but if you have bought me for Allah's Sake, then leave me for Allah's Work."

7. I am not aware of any record that says Bilal was set free by Abubakar. You should know as a Muslim and be able to present the evidence

8. Bilal had a wife and died about the age of 60.

Conclusion :
So, you have given evidence where Abubakar bought Bilal but no evidence where he set Bilal free. Sahih al-Bukhari 3755 showed that Abubakar didn't set Bilal free
Re: Why Islam is a Cult of Mohammed! by TenQ: 3:44am On Jun 18, 2023
honesttalk21:
I had stated Ahad means one.
Allah; the most glorified and most high, refers to himself by this name in only one place.
Interestingly Ahad also means one.
Bring an alternate transliteration of the Surah Ikhlas (Sincerity/Purity).

You allege that Ahad means one of kindly show me proof of this. Preferably from the Quran.

I explained to you from Quran 12:78 where the root of this word hamza, ha and dal is also used in the phrase ahadanaa (note the ending nun and alif). Ahadana combines ahad with mina which means of us to become one of us.

You are very well read in semitic language and most probably Arabic so kindly educate me more that ahad means something other than one.

The Word Ahad is used about 85 times in the quran and except for once where you Muslims want to mistranslate to attain waheed, Ahad means ONE Of or UNITY

An example as you've requested
They said: “O exalted one! Behold! he has a father, aged and venerable, (who will grieve for him); so take [highlight ]one of[/highlight ] us in his place; for we see that thou art (gracious) in doing good.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans / Biblical Signs Of The End Times / Similarities between 2014 prophecies of MFM (G•O) and RCCG general overseer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.