Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43562 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:
Eboes just wan die untop this matter
It's too much grin grin grin, Nairaland has been full of all sorts of wailing thread since the news broke out.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Helgreenluv(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
If you don't like to laws, go back to Anambra. Igbos must get sense. Shey una wan claim Lagos? Una go learn the hard way

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
Na the gap wey LP use pass APC for presidential election in lagos dey make them dey do all this rubbish, even the Speaker himself is from Ogun State.

I'm sure you have his certificate of State of Origin

Anyone who's not siding with okoros is not always a Lagosian
But Lagosians are Yorubas, so i don't know what business okoros and Okafors from umudike have concerning Yorubas affairs

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Damnnn niggar

It won't be a bad idea if other states can follow up with the law tongue
Why cant the Speaker go to his State of Origin which is Ogun state to go and make the law there. Wetin dey pain them for body na the Gap wey LP take pass APC for presidential election dey push them to all this nonsense they are doing now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by DeShineShine(m): 10:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
GRV should leave Lagos for us o.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Raskimonojendor: 10:41pm On Jun 08, 2023
thisisit:
Long live ODUDUWA REPUBLIC
Long live IGBO REPUBLIC
Long live AREWA REPUBLIC
Long live ISWAP REPUBLIC
Long live Niger Delta REPUBLIC

YORUBAS setting the pace.and helping to restore regional federalism.
NYSC should be scrapped already

I agree. I got lucky that I wasn't posted outside my comfort zone during my time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Yemimovich(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
So funny Gbadebo ranted these.

Does he think those proposing the bill are in same level of experience, reasoning and wisdom like him?

He will never be Lagos governor till the world ends.

These people didn't just propose such bill. They've seen across length and breadth of Lagos.

If truly Gbadebo is an indigene of Lagos, then this should be his joy.

All that he said are nothing in reality.

He's just blank in his cerebrum

Lagos will soar higher than before.

Nothing he highlighted will affect the interest and safety of indigenes of Lagos.
Gbadebo is just nothing.
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/no-mans-land-rhodes-vivour-condemns-obasas-proposed-law-to-protect-lagos-indigenes/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
Na the gap wey LP use pass APC for presidential election in lagos dey make them dey do all this rubbish, even the Speaker himself is from Ogun State.
Ogun people no miss him neither is Lagos complaining.
As for you and the elupeees, your tears are eternal. Cos common sense no tell elupeees that the north voted more for Tinubu.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by ImperialYoruba: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Labour Party governorship candidate in Lagos State for the 2023 elections, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has slammed the Speaker of the House of Assembly in the state, Hon Mudashiru Obasa for proposing to make laws that will protect the property rights of indigenes.

Vanguard reported earlier that Obasa revealed in his acceptance speech that Lagos is Yoruba Land, and its lawmakers will enact laws to protect the indigenes even if it means reversing the existing laws.

Reacting to the new development on Thursday via a Twitter post, Rhodes-Vivour said the Speaker will divide Lagos residents along ethnic lines with his proposed law.

He said: “By considering this regressive bill, the Speaker disregards the spirit of the Nigerian Constitution and perpetuates a discriminatory system that divides our society along ethnic lines.

“The proposed bill undermines the principle of private ownership and could severely affect investment, economic growth, and overall prosperity in Lagos State.

By considering such legislation, the Speaker is sending a damaging message to local and international investors, discouraging their participation and confidence in the state’s economy.”

He also stated that the law would discourage the participation of local and foreign investors in Lagos economy.

He then urged the Assembly that would “protect heritage, historical sites, and traditional institutions from political vandalism.”

He also said, “The speaker of the house announced his intention to make laws to protect indigenes.

‘They will reverse the reversible’ I believe that the time for this ethnic dog whistling must come to an end.

With an election that ripped our social fabric, it is time for healing.

“We expect a policy that compensates indigenes for lands seized by the government, education bursaries, and inclusion of an independent traditional institution in governance.

Not threats to property rights enshrined in the constitution.”

Teru ba n ba yin ke wi o, eru o ba omo Balogun!

This nonsense about constitution and investment is empty scare tactics. We voted Obasa in to represent our interest, and yes, it is our desire in Lagos to divide the people along ethnic lines. This is what we want at this point.

Lagos has never been devoid of commerce, as far back as 1600s. Even when Britain invaded Lagos and fought a war woth the King, Lagos commerce continued to thrive.

CRV needs to spend more time in Anambra so they know him ahead of guber race in 2026.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Opintiwa: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
helinues:

The thing I have achieved today might take you decades to achieve.

You see say fingers are not equal.

You want to live a trolling life, so be it

Na to grow old and be playing ludo or draft instead of playing golf as you hae wasted your precious time doing futility exercise at early age

Have you decided to be useful?

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tollyboy5(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Obasa is an illiterate. Just ignore him
are you pained?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Yemimovich(m): 10:46pm On Jun 08, 2023
They're passing that because of your stupidity
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Yemimovich(m): 10:48pm On Jun 08, 2023
Foolishly, the law ha its purpose on only indigenous people.

Is your brain malfunctioning?
maticar:

they dont remember that everything has a ripple effect in life

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by SenatePresdo(m): 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Exactly, I see nothing wrong in a people protecting their own interest, after all UK Canada etc do have such laws.

I will only have a rethink if the Edo man, tiv ,Hausa , itsekiri etc make a fuss. So far nobody from those places even care about any law or no law.

UK and Canada have such laws? Fine.
Was their law against Canadians?

Why would a Nigerian law be against Nigerians? Instead of Foreigners from another country??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:49pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

I'm sure you have his certificate of State of Origin

Anyone who's not siding with okoros is not always a Lagosian
But Lagosians are Yorubas, so i don't know what business okoros and Okafors from umudike have concerning Yorubas affairs
Anyone who is not siding with your oga is Okoro to you people.

The number 1, 2, 3 that are controlling lagos today are from Ogun State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
I don't have any oga
I didn't even have interest in the politics and election from the start, till i saw the antics of okoros against my tribe, till even after the election as far as going to insult Ooni, Pastor Adeboye etc

There will be consequences and it has already started, you all can run to the northerners for alliance, those ones will slit your throats without thinking twice

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
Padipadi:

Ogun people no miss him neither is Lagos complaining.
As for you and the elupeees, your tears are eternal. Cos common sense no tell elupeees that the north voted more for Tinubu.
North did not voted more for BAT it was some of those criminal Apc governors in the north that change majority of atiku result for BAT to win.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Enceladus(m): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
Can't still get over the fact that this guy, Bode George and their "Lagos for lagos" clowns really tried an hostile takeover (from their landlord) last election. 🤣

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Cyberterror: 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2023
IPOB would have been the authority in Lagos state if Rhodes Vivour had mistakenly won.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
North did not voted more for BAT it was some of those criminal Apc governors in the north that change majority of atiku result for BAT to win.
Ok. It was Atiku that was meant to be first abi?
No be same Atiku G-5 governors shenk?
Let APC know who to face. LP, PDP or PDPlite?
Your weed don expire o!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jozilinn: 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
Please nairalanders,I really need this money I have tried my best it's really frustrating me,if it touches you please Access bank 1221869780 it's 3k I already made a post 🙏🙏
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:

The number 1, 2, 3 that are controlling lagos today are from Ogun State.
But they are Yorubas aren't they?
We don't discriminate with states or religion
We have marriages between Muslims and Christians
Traditional worshippers and Christians.

That's why obi failed woefully when he went to Ekiti and told them to vote against tinubu cos of Muslim Muslim ticket not knowing there are Muslims in every family there.

Go back to alaigbo and continue your discrimination about Osu caste, Abia vs Ebonyi , Anglican vs catholic etc

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by nusirat(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/no-mans-land-rhodes-vivour-condemns-obasas-proposed-law-to-protect-lagos-indigenes/

Either you like it or not every state different ways of protecting his own people, among them is school fees disparity in our tertiary institution own by state government, also through each law called customer law, if you can't abide or not comfortable with the law, let's have your back and says good bye to Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

I don't have any oga
I didn't even have interest in the politics and election from the start, till i saw the antics of okoros against my tribe, till even after the election as far as going to insult Ooni, Pastor Adeboye etc

There will be consequences and it has already started, you all can run to the northerners for alliance, those ones will slit your throats without thinking twice
when did igbo people insult Ooni? Ooni has never been on the side of evil since he became king May be you just came back from pluto and by the way is pastor Oyedepo an igbo man that you people insulted because of Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Benwallt(m): 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
I just don't understand why supposed grown up will making mountains out of molehills. Do complainants have agenda to take over other people (indigenous) properties? Anywhere you find yourself beyond your doorstep, you should know that you are entering other people's boundary. So you behave well. The law won't stop anybody from buying properties, attend parties, and all.

The kinda interpretation given to this law by this guy is crude and disturbing. He is just too petty for my liking. He is just gasconading over nothing

6 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by ebuks4ever(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
Just open up the ports in other parts of the country. Calabar, Rivers, Onitsha, Kogi.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
Jostoman:
when did igbo people insult Ooni? Ooni has never been on the side of evil since he became king May be you just came back from pluto and by the way is pastor Oyedepo an igbo man that you people insulted because of Obi.
Dey sleep for there
Ooni
Prof Soyinka
Pastor Adeboye
Oba of Benin when he congratulated Tinubu.
Etc

You people should start looking for plan B cos it's over.
What we've tolerated and indulge you people on are what the Northerners kill you people on at the slightest provocation

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by FireUpNow(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2023
I hope the law will not deny people from other states from buying lands and building houses in Lagos?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 11:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
ebuks4ever:
Just open up the ports in other parts of the country. Calabar, Rivers, Onitsha, Kogi.
Maybe you should talk to your governors

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Clash Between Yorubas And Nupes In Kwara (Photos) / Safest Cities/states To Stay In Nigeria During The Coming Elections. / James Kingsley: Soldiers Gun Down Colleague Who Killed OC Ukachuckwu In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.