Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked (49513 Views)

My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My MD Told Me My Relationship Is Jeopardizing My Job. / Photo Of A Disabled Man Plastering A Wall That Shows Nobody Should Beg For Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Easylife1234: 9:58am On Jun 29, 2023
If I see hundred Penelope today I will killed them all. What a nonsense
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Curvinus(m): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2023
AllKnowing:
How I have managed to keep my relationship thriving with my American girlfriend:

1. All animals are considered human. Even a housefly deserves to live. Donโ€™t get me started on cats or dogs or the hideous looking Armadillo.

2. Treat flowers as you would an immortality elixir. Hold โ€˜em properly and with great care.

3. Ditch the Nigerian notion that everyone is out to get you. Practice kindness even to that bum at the street corner. Itโ€™s imperative.

4. Youโ€™ve worked for it, invest heavily in skincare, the gym. What are you being so miserly for?

Throwing away your own values to adopt that of another in order to remain in their good books. You are one condescending chap I swear. I bet one white guy would damn these silly stuffs and she'll still be hung up on him. And here you are essentially walking on egg shells just to please a fellow being. I do not envy you.

10 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by ThierryJay: 9:59am On Jun 29, 2023
Adewale1603:
I don't know why people kill harmless creatures here in Nigeria for no just cause reason. I don't kill things except only if it's a snake.

The whole episode took place in Kenya where the writer is from.
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by DestinyNigga: 10:00am On Jun 29, 2023
Nothing we no go see for oyibo side. One day they will bring snake and name it Abraham ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by olalekan1(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2023
If na me, I go tell ham say if she turn to gecko, I go kill ham. My hate for that animal is extraordinary.
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by LordReed(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2023
The responses on this thread tells you all you need to know on how much superstition and religion have stifled reasoning in Nigeria in particular and Africa in general. SMH.

Budaatum, these people need some mud from Plato.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Benblaq(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:
May sound funny but that gecko Was probably more than just an ordinary gecko.

Many may not know this but it over you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Gecko are used as messengers in the spiritual realm. They get informations and supply.

Flee fornication, whether in Africa, Europe, America or wherever. It is a destroyer.
Not funny.๐Ÿ™„
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by cigaricon(m): 10:09am On Jun 29, 2023
N3TRAL:
Why do people kill harmless animals?

Wall geckos are harmless animals? undecided
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by OredoPikin: 10:11am On Jun 29, 2023
TheDemola:
As seen on twitter.

A man narrated how he mistakenly threw away a wall gecko seen in his American girlfriend's house and it cost him his job and the relationship.

https://twitter.com/XivTroy/status/1673719745567154184?t=R2yBHyBrdcNQOoXnbSMsCw&s=19
Very anyhow people
So the meats she grill and the meats dey eat over there are not gotten from animals Abi?
So those animals are the only one deserved to die
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:

Many may not know this but it over you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Gecko are used as messengers in the spiritual realm. They get informations and supply.

Flee fornication, whether in Africa, Europe, America or wherever. It is a destroyer.
Principalities kee you there, with education you still follow baseless superstitions, kill all the gevkos in your village so everyone would be healthy and rich na mumu. The only thing holding africa is foolishness and laziness.

4 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:14am On Jun 29, 2023
In America you smash cat head that visit you at night, it's animal cruelty. You kill a neighbour's wandering omo onile, gecko that climb wall, they still call it animal cruelty. angry
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by michoim(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:

Many may not know this but it is over there you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Ride on bros. You can say that again
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Judolisco(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2023
Otunba lamba
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Gtwix: 10:23am On Jun 29, 2023
Small reptiles, like geckos and iguanas, are famous for being able to sprout new limbs if they lose a body part sad

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by lomprico(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:

Many may not know this but it is over there you have more principalities and powers in operation than in Africa.

Ehen! He don come grin

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by jude33084(m): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2023
TheDemola:
As seen on twitter.

A man narrated how he mistakenly threw away a wall gecko seen in his American girlfriend's house and it cost him his job and the relationship.

https://twitter.com/XivTroy/status/1673719745567154184?t=R2yBHyBrdcNQOoXnbSMsCw&s=19

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by mauchiz: 10:27am On Jun 29, 2023
Shapeaso:
Wall geckos are monitoring spirit. I hate it like mad. undecided Penelope abi na antelope? cheesy
Wall gecko and cockroach will give you negative dream, that guy should thank his God.

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by lomprico(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2023
Adewale1603:
I don't know why people kill harmless creatures here in Nigeria for no just cause reason. I don't kill things except only if it's a snake.

Snakes are harmless too
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by randymirrors(f): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2023
Weak man. Crying and laughing cos a woman gave you the keys to her house. Like how do you even feel comfortable dating a woman who's richer than you? Def you can't be in control of the relationship, she'll be. That's why she dumped your ass the way she did. I don't like weak men or men who feel comfortable spending a woman's money

5 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by optimusprime2(m): 10:29am On Jun 29, 2023
Cracked me up grin
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by budaatum: 10:37am On Jun 29, 2023
LordReed:
The responses on this thread tells you all you need to know on how much superstition and religion have stifled reasoning in Nigeria in particular and Africa in general. SMH.

Budaatum, these people need some mud from Plato.

Oh, there's loads of sensible loving people here my Lord, but I'll post mud from Plato all the same for it might make the blind see.
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:37am On Jun 29, 2023
ManWater:
Interesting. wink

Many Nigerians no dey take eye see Gecko for house.

I just off one this morning grin

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by zoghys: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2023
TheDemola:
As seen on twitter.

I don laff tire, cheesy.

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:40am On Jun 29, 2023
millionboi2:
no kill Even snake e fit be some one pet...crazy

I tell u
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by AllKnowing: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2023
Curvinus:

Throwing away your own values to adopt that of another in order to remain in their good books. You are one condescending chap I swear. I bet one white guy would damn these silly stuffs and she'll still be hung up on him. And here you are essentially walking on egg shells just to please a fellow being. I do not envy you.

Have the good sense to recognize the core difference between values and self-limiting actions.

Animal cruelty is core values? The Nigerian lifestyle of thinking everyone is against you is core values? Your default lifestyle of being unkind to agberos or beggars is core values? Neglecting self-care simply because youโ€™re hustling is core values?

Go eat breakfast, Sir!
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by DeepSight(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2023
Oh surely this is funny fiction!
grin
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by padi94(m): 10:47am On Jun 29, 2023
Lol... Penelope
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Shapeaso: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2023
Melonsmasher:

Guy man threw out Penelope thinking sey na monitoring spirit from village people wey don come to destroy his American dreams, and it eventually did grin
Yes bro. na sure village people. cheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Originalsly: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2023
Hmmm ... just be careful of these people and animals.... see and treat animals as humans and you will he ok. One time I photo copied some stuff for an elderly White lady and her friends.... enlarged copies of photos taken at Bernie's Birthday Party. While making copies... the two were chatting about how lovely the party was. Bernie was a mouse ... it was a mouse party ... I never knew mice can be pets. The women were all decked out... some with their pet mouse perched on their shoulder. So for this story... I wouldn't say it's fake... thoe people are weird.
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2023
TheDemola:

As seen on twitter.

Such a great writer!!!

I couldn't stop laughing while reading. I so enjoyed every bit of it.

1 Like

Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
Righteousness2:

Baba don drop msg!
cool
Re: How A Wall Gecko Shattered My Relationship & Got Me Sacked by badoh(m): 11:01am On Jun 29, 2023
ThorOdinson:
she blocked me because i showed her a street video of how the slum looks like and one video in particular has a stray dog jumping from the gutters
she liked that particular video
and ask if i can adopt the dog
i said no
that some parts of Nigeria actually eat Dog meal

that was all o
she said we are cannibals

she blocked me.
person wey we dey plan serious Marriage o
๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
America girls sha
That's the way their brain are wired. I can't imagine a sensible human being placing higher value to animals than human. Imagine them walking with dogs everywhere and even entering the bus with dogs and they believe they are right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Blind Mechanic Perfectly Repairing Cars In Abuja (Video) / See The Cute Lookalike Daughter Of Dedicated Female Traffic Warden In Lagos / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.