Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

"My Wife Is Not My Family"- - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "My Wife Is Not My Family"- (32212 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / My Girlfriend Likes To Walk Around Semi Nude In My Family House / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by prinsam30: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
blazepascal:
You are just frustrated..you end line expose you ..no girl will prefer to marry a simp..

na u dey mind her
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Kobicove(m): 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2023
jubrilELsudan:
I WILL MARRY YOU

Na who you wan marry? grin
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Vince244: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
Your wife is your family.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by prinsam30: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2023
MrBroke:

Why do people have this mentality that children are an investment. So is it that people are only taking care of their children hoping for a vice versa when the time comes. That is a very shallow thinking.

just leave that girl, we sabi their type wella
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by prinsam30: 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
360command:
girls love simp who they can control thereby creating new simp generation which is what we are experiencing today. To hell with your nonsense.

thank goodness no be only me dey reason am that nonsense she wrote up there

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Basiljoe: 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2023
"Whatever aspect of maleness that serves the feminine purpose is a man’s masculine responsibility, yet any aspect that disagrees with feminine primacy is labeled Patriarchy, "Male Privilege" or Misogyny." - Rational Male
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by enemyofprogress: 4:00pm On Jul 03, 2023
Op, na the cheating part of your thread you take spoil am. Man is polygamous by nature. Argue with your keyboard.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by prinsam30: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

ARRANT NONSENSE #1
you should treat EVERYONE well, and everyone should treat you the same... but if a man brings everything to the family, then it is obvious that he will demand for a certain VALUE/RESPECT/RECOGNITION from everyone he is supporting (whether it be his wife or family members).
many rich men treat their wives like slaves because they know that this woman cant do shiit about it (as she will stay married to this rich man, even if he was the reincarnation of lucifer).

ARRANT NONSENSE #2
A) if a man is "polygamous in nature" and let his wife know about it STRAIGHT FROM THE GET GO (and wifey agrees to marry him), then technically, when he goes to look for other women, that is NOT cheating. thats just him being who he said he was. you cant marry a lion and thereafter expect it to act like a sheep.
B) a polygamous men wouldnt care whether his wife abandons him or not as he can easily get another one, two or even three.
C) polygamy is perfectly legal in Nigeria

ARRANT NONSENSE #3
generally, most polygamous men in Nigeria live with all their wives and children under the same roof... so i dont see how this will affect this man from showing love/responsibility to his children.

ARRANT NONSENSE #4
you are entitled to your opinion and decision to marry a simp, just as much as many women out there are entitled to their opinion and/or desire to be in a polygamous marriage.
TO EACH THEIR OWN MISERY IN LIFE!

FINAL ARRANT NONSENSE
cheap women like you (who solely value men for the money they have) are the easiest one to entice into a polygamous marriage... aint you the one who wrote the below:

if nairaland allow ONE million likes and shares from ONE person I for do am now now now, very arrant nonsense she wrote up there

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Untube: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2023
Adachizzy:
Nice writeup but the line you talked about a wife taking care of a man when old age comes, I disagree with it.

There's no guarantee that a man will always be the one to be carried around in old age. There's also no guarantee that he'll be the one to die first. There are women whose husbands take care of them and their age related sickness.

All in all, men should treat their wives well because it's the right thing to do and also to maintain a healthy and peaceful home. Nothing beats coming back to your peaceful space.

Men o, women o, respect yourselves. Tomorrow is pregnant.

I still find it difficult to believe that we have some sensible women like you on Nairaland. Kudos👏👏
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by emezuo17: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Adachizzy:
Nice writeup but the line you talked about a wife taking care of a man when old age comes, I disagree with it.

There's no guarantee that a man will always be the one to be carried around in old age. There's also no guarantee that he'll be the one to die first. There are women whose husbands take care of them and their age related sickness.

All in all, men should treat their wives well because it's the right thing to do and also to maintain a healthy and peaceful home. Nothing beats coming back to your peaceful space.

. You are intelligent.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Goodman2023: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:
If you believe in the concept of an alpha male or superior man, it is essential to understand that treating your partner with respect and care is vital in maintaining a healthy relationship.

If you don't treat your wife well, how do you expect your wife to take care of you when old age sickness comes? Funny, how most men deceive themselves by saying "my wife is not my family" if you have such mentality you're a fool.

Similarly, subscribing to the notion that all men are naturally polygamous does not justify cheating or engaging in unfaithful behavior. Cheating on your partner can lead to severe consequences in the future, including the possibility of being abandoned when you need support the most.

Furthermore, having multiple partners and not taking responsibility for your children can result in strained relationships with your offspring as they grow older. Neglecting your parental duties may lead to your children not providing the care and attention you might need when you reach old age.

Infact I rather marry a simp, who loves me and take care of my needs than marry self proclaim Alpha and Omega with so much toxicity angry

You simple needs someone you can control and not a husband...

Whatever you have written is your opinion about how marriage is suppose to be...others have their own opinions which everyone must respect...it's your opinion doesn't make it correct. Leave with your opinion about marriage and let others leave with their own.

Are all the things you listed above only applicable to men ?
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by TheGift: 4:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
I know a Man who says he doesn't let his wife touch His laptop, I asked why. he said She was a bush Woman. I said "so you don't want your wife to advance and have sense, how wil your children have sense.?"

My Nanny's husband abandoned her and grown teenage children to chase after side chicks, for years. Recently he was diagnosed with liver disease and is really sick, no money even for palliative treatment. All those side chicks have abandoned Him. Guess who he called in his greatest time of need, guess who is now sending him small change and travelling from Lagos to Ibadan every weekend to go and care for him.. You guessed right.

The problem with so called alpha male is that they constantly see themselves with reference to other people, thus they can only feel on top, if they are putting others down.

But the most foolish alphas are the ones who put their wives and the mother of their children down. It is themselves that they are doing.

I see myself as a sigma. A lone wolf. I March to the beat of my own drum. I am too unique and secure in who I am to be in competition with anyone , talk less of my life partner.

I treat my Wife and mother of
My child with love and respect and my life is so
Much wiser,richer, beautiful and peaceful for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Dancebreaker: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
talk2hb1:
Gender Biased Post, Husband doesn’t deserved to be treated well ahbi
cheesy grin grin grin grin
OP just buttressed the transactional nature of marriage these days. Only when a woman is totally happy as in you have been 150% simp, she secretly built a house without you knowing, brought kids from her lovers outside to pass off as your kids, brings her relatives into family house while yours cannot visit, etc. Only when she dominates her hubby belleful like this can you expect her love and care in old age or illness. But God so kind, we nor know who go sick or die first. God nor be man. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Men do all kinds of dangerous and hazardous work and face risk of dying earlier: soldier at war front, police response, diver, hunter, high rise building cleaner, stuntmen, firemen, mine sweeper, etc. All to put food on the table. Later when in need, wife will only care for him depending on his perceived kindness to her from decades ago. Ok o,

Men should wise up. No matter your sacrifice, when you die early, only your wife will enjoy the kids you laboured to fund.

Men take care of your health, do regular health check, prostate check, BP, blood sugar, try to sleep well, beware of too much extra shifts at work just to provide more for your family. When you die early or become ill, na you lost.

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Guestlander: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
Reminderz:

you're the only one who commented right... you see that OP up there, is just a self proclaimed clown 🤡 we all know here.... she's just heartbroken, frustrated and lonely...

shey na only men dey get sick or na only men dem dey abandon? your last statement where you said a man and a woman should treat themselves well is the ultimate point because a man can still treat a woman well and end up being abandoned as well... most times, due to the fact that women are unpredictable is the reason why some men marry more than one wife to avoid bullshits like this in the future, at least if one leaves, one will stay...

and please, a man marrying more than one wife and taking care of them and the kids is not an act of irresponsibility...
it's not the same as sleeping around or having side chics... in fact, it shows he's disciplined... as long as he carries out his responsibilities...

OP, go and heal yourself, men are not the cause of your problems, you're solely responsible for the choices you make in life...

There's still no guarantee that you wouldn't be abandoned especially if you are a nasty human being.
One wife or ten wives, just be kind and considerate to people around you, that is not weakness.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by galadima77(m): 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2023
Table wey stand jejely...
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Jozilinn: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2023
What then is the definition of family without a wife or husband both men and women have their flaws just like there's no perfect man, there's also no perfect woman too, you shapen the perfections and learn from each other...if you watch Emma chinedum comedy on Facebook you will know the true meaning of marriage.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Poske95(m): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:
If you believe in the concept of an alpha male or superior man, it is essential to understand that treating your partner with respect and care is vital in maintaining a healthy relationship.

If you don't treat your wife well, how do you expect your wife to take care of you when old age sickness comes? Funny, how most men deceive themselves by saying "my wife is not my family" if you have such mentality you're a fool.

Similarly, subscribing to the notion that all men are naturally polygamous does not justify cheating or engaging in unfaithful behavior. Cheating on your partner can lead to severe consequences in the future, including the possibility of being abandoned when you need support the most.

Furthermore, having multiple partners and not taking responsibility for your children can result in strained relationships with your offspring as they grow older. Neglecting your parental duties may lead to your children not providing the care and attention you might need when you reach old age.

Infact I rather marry a simp, who loves me and take care of my needs than marry self proclaim Alpha and Omega with so much toxicity angry

It's like saying- eating eba but not in front of your American friends
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by passmas4u(m): 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
Adachizzy:

She was talking about when Ned woko grows old (say 80) then Regina Daniel ( will be 40) will take care of him.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by tollyboy5(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:

My wife is my family and my friends are my family not my blood.
Blood is thicker than water please.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by tollyboy5(m): 4:37pm On Jul 03, 2023
pocohantas:
Naso. Then when they are sick, same wife would be the one to take care of them. By then all the sidechicks are gone.

Most men take their sick wives back to her people. Even their own sick parents, they bring them over with the plan of the wife doing the caregiving. The only time Nigerian men are okay with caregiving is in the UK. Because they get paid for it. grin

Men are also older, so they get weaker first.

You are comparing Obasanjo, an ex military man and democratic president, to you and your fellow redpillers, that take colos, can't afford old people care and have never done two push-ups in your life.

I wonder how you guys earned the logical tag.
Not every relationship is the type of ned nwonko. besides husband that show lesser care to their wife always show more care to their wife's parent to appear as good in-law.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by pocohantas(f): 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

Not every relationship is the type of ned nwonko. besides husband that show lesser care to their wife always show more care to their wife's parent to appear as good in-law.

Most Nigerian men are older than their wives. Ned is the extreme. It shouldn't even come in here, but majority of you go for women you are WAY OLDER than. If you were marrying your age brackets, there would be no "evening newspaper" jabs. No, they don't show more care to their inlaws. Most Nigerian married men do not even call their inlaws - FACT. It is the wife that would be sending imaginary greetings from her husband
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Quicksilver5: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2023
so it's only men that grow old and fall sick ba?
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by luminouz(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:

Very rubbish post.

Una no dey ever dey logical.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by luminouz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2023
Reminderz:

you're the only one who commented right... you see that OP up there, is just a self proclaimed clown 🤡 we all know here.... she's just heartbroken, frustrated and lonely...

shey na only men dey get sick or na only men dem dey abandon? your last statement where you said a man and a woman should treat themselves well is the ultimate point because a man can still treat a woman well and end up being abandoned as well... most times, due to the fact that women are unpredictable is the reason why some men marry more than one wife to avoid bullshits like this in the future, at least if one leaves, one will stay...

and please, a man marrying more than one wife and taking care of them and the kids is not an act of irresponsibility... it's not the same as sleeping around or having side chics... in fact, it shows he's disciplined... as long as he carries out his responsibilities...

OP, go and heal yourself, men are not the cause of your problems, you're solely responsible for the choices you make in life...

I trust you to give her wotowoto.... grin
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by adewale2011(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2023

Avoid Me 💯

Animegirl:

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Microwhy: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:

Madam! Go and sit down. You people normally runaway when the going get tough. Only kids and blood family will likely stay.
You women knows this and we men are no strangers to this.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by luminouz(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2023
TheGift:
I know a Man who says he doesn't let his wife touch His laptop, I asked why. he said She was a bush Woman. I said "so you don't want your wife to advance and have sense, how wil your children have sense.?"

My Nanny's husband abandoned her and grown teenage children to chase after side chicks, for years. Recently he was diagnosed with liver disease and is really sick, no money even for palliative treatment. All those side chicks have abandoned Him. Guess who he called in his greatest time of need, guess who is now sending him small change and travelling from Lagos to Ibadan every weekend to go and care for him.. You guessed right.

The problem with so called alpha male is that they constantly see themselves with reference to other people, thus they can only feel on top, if they are putting others down.

But the most foolish alphas are the ones who put their wives and the mother of their children down. It is themselves that they are doing.

I see myself as a sigma. A lone wolf. I March to the beat of my own drum. I am too unique and secure in who I am to be in competition with anyone , talk less of my life partner.

I treat my Wife and mother of
My child with love and respect and my life is so
Much wiser,richer, beautiful and peaceful for it.

Egbon, shût it. Sigma kee u dia.

That girl set a trap and you fell inside it. She deliberately insulted alphas and redpill by making them seem irresponsible and you just gave her what she wanted. How does being an Alpha translate to being evil or inconsiderate? Then you went ahead with your sigma bullshiiit as if it's guaranteed that your wife won't fuq another man or abandon you when you get sick?

You know nothing, Jon Snow

3 Likes

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by tollyboy5(m): 4:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
pocohantas:

Most Nigerian men are older than their wives. Ned is the extreme. It shouldn't even come in here, but majority of you go for women you are WAY OLDER than. If you were marrying your age brackets, there would be no "evening newspaper" jabs. No, they don't show more care to their inlaws. Most Nigerian married men do not even call their inlaws - FACT. It is the wife that would be sending imaginary greetings from her husband
Yes most husband do not call their in-laws but whenever their wife goes home to see her parents the same husband gives her transport and money to buy other stuff. You hardly see a woman going to see her parent without getting money and consent from her husband.
Besides what lead to the evening news paper tag never came from guys, it came from culture. Don't put the blame on on innocent guys. No normal lady will want to get married to a hustling guy that has not achieved much when there are older guys flashing money and some do consider the financial pressure from their home.
So the family give consent to marrying older guys that seem to be doing well lol. Years later after many failed relationship and the final shipwreck they become evening news papers and their age mate guys will want to go for better offer.

grin Even the girl i loved then is married with kids.

And now i'm carefully searching for someone younger tongue

1 Like

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by pocohantas(f): 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2023
tollyboy5:

Yes most husband do not call their in-laws but whenever their wife goes home to see her parents the same husband gives her transport and money to buy other stuff. You hardly see a woman going to see her parent without getting money and consent from her husband.
Besides what lead to the evening news paper tag never came from guys, it came from culture. Don't put the blame on on innocent guys. No normal lady will want to get married to a hustling guy that has not achieved much when there are older guys flashing money and some do consider the financial pressure from their home.
So the family give consent to marrying older guys that seem to be doing well lol. Years later after many failed relationship and the final shipwreck they become evening news papers and their age mate guys will want to go for better offer.

grin Even the girl i loved then is married with kids.

And now i'm carefully searching for someone younger tongue

You only said the same thing I said and that has never translated to showing more love. Your parents wouldn't think your wife LOVES them if she never calls or visits, but gives you transport fare to come see them.

Many NORMAL ladies get married to hustling guys everyday. Most Nigerian men are HUSTLING. Over 50% of Nigerians are in a class that isn't middle class or poor. Let's call it HUSTLING CLASS and they are married. It is only on Nairaland that you all are millionaires.

2 Likes

Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by Bimpe29: 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
This is relative in its entirety. There are cases of a responsible man with disobedient wife. You can only lay the foundations for a lovely, caring and joyous relationship but only you can't operate under such a condition. It takes two to tangle.
Re: "My Wife Is Not My Family"- by boxypane(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2023
Animegirl:

This message is for Igala men in Kogi and Benue. 99% toxic and controlling. I have many instances about marriages of their extraction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girl Again After She Misplaced First Engagement Ring / How i was able to stop dating women below my standard / Relationships With Nigerian Men Are Filled With Wahala - UK Lady Narrates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.