Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59555 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Zaphnath1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 12, 2023
All is well

SHALOM
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
■ I will advise you move closer to God.
You clearly deny God so what are you talking about? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
gentposh:
Mental illness has many dimensions... This is one of the major.

Yep! church addiction. It is a real problem. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by CallofDuty(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
Na Them be this.. Brainwashed!!! Read what he posted again..this time slowly....it's such a pity that bad governance, bad economy and insecurity has made it seem like the basic necessities of life have been achieved through prayers!...How did Jesus Teach us how to pray to the Father?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by otipoju(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
titilo:
mine use to do same, until i stop sending her money even if she says shes hungry, her brother also stopped, until she realised the so called men of God were only coming to pray for her cause of money.

So stop sending her money simple. Its like ant n sugar

True talk.A lot of Nigerian pastors are very wicked people. Dey will still *uck those women join. Dem no send.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Jul 12, 2023
Divija:
Calm down and appreciate your mother… would you prefer a flying mom?
If she brings in results, isn't that better than a mom who drains you to feed her pastor and mogs---- gods of men? undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You clearly deny God so what are you talking about? undecided
How and when?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2023
PepeXKermit:
■ If you mama dey jump from church to church, na bcs of pikins like you she dey find solution. You are a useless child.
She doesn't bring in any income but milks her children to give to her pastors and mogs in order to find solution for what exactly? Are you this dense? undecided

11 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by adslipps: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
Start from the pastors that always call her on phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by MrBroke(m): 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:
How dare you mention Christ Embassy in such manner. Be warned

Shut up. What do you know

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Farid24224(m): 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Now tell me why I shouldn't thank God for being a Muslim?!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by TakeNigeriaBack: 10:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
Some people wish to have a mother like that anyway.

A mother who's so gullible she falls prey to yahoo pastors? God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
RTID:
Remember she is giving to God. God is looking at the heart. Don't be discouraged. Continuing paying your tithes. Life nah Give and Take . We are trusting God for something
Stop lying to yourselves for Pete sake. undecided

God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; your prayers, praises, offerings/vows, good works, etc., are tainted by your sins and are filthy abomination to God Meaning that if you are not first righteous, all your prayers, your offerings, your petitions, your praises, etc., never reach God. undecided

And no, it is not more praying that will change that. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by jimmychang: 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:

Nobody gives a Bleep about your church,there is nothing special in it.It is just like every other churches. grin

7 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by lascos912(m): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:
ogun kill you
Chris embassy

6 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by ednut1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2023
Poverty is the issue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by juman(m): 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
She has mental illness. let her see mental expert.
If that not possible, stop sending money to her.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by stacyadams: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
PeterObi4LP:
If only you know what her prayers is doing for you unseen, you won't come here to expose yourself and not her. Her prayers for you is what is keeping you young man. Learn to appreciate her and not criticize her. Good or bad she is still your beloved mum.
..super fallacy story

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
DAYPEN:
■ What is the focus of her Churching? Is it to spiritually protect you (and your siblings)?
■ Or she needs validation and company of people? (Social and network support/sense of belonging somewhere/recognition).
■ Or she's just paranoid about the afterlife?
■ If the last case, I doubt you can help her.

In the first case, you can talk to her. Appreciate her effort to spiritually support you and others. Let her understand that she could easily fall victim of fake prophets and money-loving pastors. She should stick to one church or fight the battle from home.

If its social networking things, I doubt you can help. She might find 'family' in Church.

My small thinking though.

You may stop sending her money. Buy and send stuffs you know she needs instead. Food, clothes, etc. Or directly pay for services others might render her rather than giving her the money.

May God help her.
1. How can an unrighteous person spiritually protect another unrighteous person? lipsrsealed

2. If she needs company, surely she can get a job or call up her old friends or family for that. undecided

3. Paranoid about afterlife? That clearly is an anxiety issue that she instead needs professional mental therapist for.. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
How and when?
God said in Isaiah 1, Isaiah 57 or 59 and Isaiah 64 that He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. Even Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel that you must first seek first the Kingdom of God (holiness) and God's Righteousness in order that all these things -- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom--- shall be added to you. But you denied it claiming I misinterpreted scripture. So, you obviously think God lied. undecided
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by uvie66: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
sharrap

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Stanbaba30: 10:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
To say you’ll stop sending her money because you feel she spends it all in a church is highly DISRESPECTFUL..! You’ll stop sending money to your mother for that? Sorry Bro, your the one who is CRAZY..! Get this into your head, she’s your MOTHER, you don’t buy that anywhere. You could lose every bloody penny you’ve got any day, BUT she’ll still remain your MOTHER for life. And besides, your not GOD, so let her be. Mcheew

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by BarrElChapo(m): 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do

Immediately she left the Catholic church, she lost it.. I was once like her but thank God im back to the faith.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by idonhammer: 10:56pm On Jul 12, 2023
She has been hypnotized by those babalawo pastors.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by blingxx(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
IconicR:

You are forever brainwashed beyond redemption, only if you can ever realise it

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Freshtruth(m): 10:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Let your mother be she is your mother she brought u to this world I repeat let your mother be. And don't be a devil
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by duro4chang(m): 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
uvie66:
sharrap
Are you all right? Who is your mate here?
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by uvie66: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
Watinhapen:
Once any pastor sees that you’re a giver and you attend church everytime, they will capitalise on it to rip you off. Go to church but be careful not to overdo it. Those pastors are doing their jobs, don’t go to church everyday while your own job suffers. Talk sense into your mother.
me... don't go to church at all, churches are one of the biggest industry in Nigeria..... upon all the churches in Nigeria they couldn't pray to keep COVID at bay. The price of petrol has gone up to 510 per litre

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Tingotoe: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

I think any black man who subscribes to the religion of the white man is a complete idiot and that includes the Arabic religion as well

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by hashtagged(m): 11:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

You would never understand, That's the point of life to serve our God with all our hearts and all our might. She has found God don't take it away from her. I want to be like this too, my whole life and body as a living sacrifice to him.
I am working towards this and he gives me strength, I disappoint him sometimes and am very sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Pastor Adeboye: Why God Stopped Talking To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.