Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Finished My Mother.. (59501 Views)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by hosemujica: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Religion has turned my mother into a shadow of herself.
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics
Back then she was active and bubbling.

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
Everytime church, church, church
Yet she never gain anything from it
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

I feel she might have a mental disorder and I don't know how to save her.
She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
To make a negro slave, you must first make him a Christian.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by uvie66: 11:02pm On Jul 12, 2023
ConsciousMan01:

@op this is what you get when you bring your family issues to a faceless forum like nairaland, imagine telling someone his mom has been brainwashed all in the name of advice
What else if someone is spending most of her time in church.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by bigcee(m): 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
I am sorry to say this o but your mum is suffering from the early stage of schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by jimmychang: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2023
Freshtruth:
Let your mother be she is your mother she brought u to this world I repeat let your mother be. And don't be a devil

Keep kwayet!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Freshtruth(m): 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stanbaba30:
To say you’ll stop sending her money because you feel she spends it all in a church is highly DISRESPECTFUL..! You’ll stop sending money to your mother for that? Sorry Bro, your the one who is CRAZY..! Get this into your head, she’s your MOTHER, you don’t buy that anywhere. You could lose every bloody penny you’ve got any day, BUT she’ll still remain your MOTHER for life. And besides, your not GOD, so let her be. Mcheew
Don't mind him he is the one that is brain wash here in nairaland his mother is a virtuous woman and she is sacrificing for his future the mumu don't know. Children of nowadays are something else social media has brain wash them. Look at his username he will tell u the kind of person he is

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
Stanbaba30:
■ To say you’ll stop sending her money because you feel she spends it all in a church is highly DISRESPECTFUL..!
■ You’ll stop sending money to your mother for that? Sorry Bro, your the one who is CRAZY..! Get this into your head, she’s your MOTHER, you don’t buy that anywhere. You could lose every bloody penny you’ve got any day, BUT she’ll still remain your MOTHER for life. And besides, your not GOD, so let her be. Mcheew
So what is more respectful is that he continues to feed her addiction, sending her mother which he already knows she will pour straight into the pockets of these gods of men whose lies have a hold over her mind then? undecided

2. Because she is a mother, he should ignore her obvious addiction issue, and continue to compound it instead? So, in your mind, if he does not send her money, she is no longer his mother? or the relationship between them is defined by the money he sends her? Go get help abeg! Stop trying to blackmail people with this bunkum! undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Tingotoe: 11:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
RTID:
Remember she is giving to God
God is looking at the heart

Don't be discouraged
Continuing paying your tithes

Life nah Give and Take

We are trusting God for something
And you will get nothing but poverty, sadness and misery. The preacher however will always cash out to the bank

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
idonhammer:
■ She has been hypnotized by those babalawo pastors.
That is exactly what they are. No different from babalawos! undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by gbolswag(m): 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
STOP GIVING HER MONEY...MAYBE WHEN SHE HAS NOTHING TO GIVE THEM..SHE WILL CHANGE AND KNOW WHAT SHE DOING

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by uvie66: 11:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bigchristo:
Lets be realistic about this whole thing, Christianity is a religion that they use to brainwash we Africans most especially Nigerians into thinking they need to donate to church to stop devora from spoiling their wealth, have you seen any man on Forbe list who are Christians? Smh make una Dey play oo Oyibo wey bring this religion to us 80% nor Dey go church una inherit am

Note you are only a Christian because you were colonized by England lets take for instance we were colonized by China we would have been Buddhist or maybe colonized by Saudi Arabia we all would have been Muslims, don’t get this wrong God is everywhere he is the same God that both religious called in different ways and different names
E don the Otedolas, Dangote, and Davidos nor carry church for head like this

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
uvie66:
■ me... don't go to church at all, churches are one of the biggest industry in Nigeria..... upon all the churches in Nigeria they couldn't pray to keep COVID at bay. The price of petrol has gone up to 510 per litre
I bet in Nigeria, the church business is bigger than even the prostitution industry. lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
hashtagged:
■ You would never understand, That's the point of life to serve our God with all our hearts and all our might. She has found God don't take it away from her. I want to be like this too, my whole life and body as a living sacrifice to him. I am working towards this and he gives me strength, I disappoint him sometimes and am very sad
Which God? The God that warned people not to go here and there looking for God? Una no even clear as far as the identity of the God you serve. Your gods are your pastors and mogs, the men who rule your lives with lies and deceit. undecided

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by bigcee(m): 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
gentposh:
Mental illness has many dimensions... This is one of the major.

Yes o
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by kiddkash(m): 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
Divija:
Calm down and appreciate your mother… would you prefer a flying mom?
Which airways
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Omoawoke: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:
Ever since our teenage years my mother was not the churchy type. We are raised Catholics

all of a sudden my mother left Catholic faith and started messing around with different churches.
This has cause countless rift between us, my dad and elder sister have done everything possible but my mum is too brainwashed by these Pentecostal pastors.

How can someone be attending Christ embassy and winners chapel?? I Heard she wants to join mountain of fire but changed her mind.
I have been sending her money for her for upkeep since November last year only to come back home February this year and discovered she donates everything to different churches

She literally spends all the money in church donation tithe and all those craps. And those pastors always calling her to come for one program or the other. I don't know what to do
Stop sending her money, buy whatever she needs and deliver to her…
Pay her bills for her, she has been mentally wnslaved and she believes she is fighting the work of God and building a heavenly race.
Those pastors are just chopping your sweat

4 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Algold: 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

You are missing something... Send her personal money for her to pay tithe for you as see tremendous increase in all you do. She is your family spiritual backbone. She the link at which God communicate with your family.
Let her be. Keep supporting her in all she is doing. She have seen the light. Read Benny Hinn book title "welcome holy spirit"
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by VillageGuyArts1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Older or elderly women are usually these pastors target, because they're easily deceived once religion is involved. If you constantly have to "give God" your money just so you can live a better life, then that god and its religion isn't for you. Crazy how people realize something is a scam once they try it and it doesn't work, but when it comes to religion, one could be paying tithe for 20years just to solve one particular problem that never goes away, and they still don't realize they're being scammed.

13 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Algold:
You are missing something... Send her personal money for her to pay tithe for you as see tremendous increase in all you do. She is your family spiritual backbone. She the link at which God communicate with your family.
Let her be. Keep supporting her in all she is doing.
She have seen the light. Read Benny Hinn book title "welcome holy spirit"
OP, see them! The ones thieving from you using your mother as the go-between. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Winters23: 11:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother

Wtf shocked
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by focus7: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Church is an organised scam. Your mum has been hypnotised by their lies, she has been made to believe that the glamours she sees in those places are as result of sowing seed and that it can be replicated by sowing seeds as well. I was a victim. Until her eyes clears, she will not listen to you. I dare say that some of those pastors uses strong jazz.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2023
VillageGuyArts1:
■ Older or elderly women are usually these pastors target, because they're easily deceived once religion is involved. If you constantly have to "give God" your money just so you can live a better life, then that god and its religion isn't for you. Crazy how people realize something is a scam once they try it and it doesn't work, but when it comes to religion, one could be paying tithe for 20years just to solve one particular problem that never goes away, and they still don't realize they're being scammed.
Na serious mental illness the thing be! It is no different from the delusion a drug addict or gambling addict exists under, never realizing the true cost of the addiction but always seeking the next high, the next Halleluyah/ "Holy Ghost" euphoria! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by OdogwuToks(m): 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
duro4chang:
She is doing the right thing. She is praying for you people and that is why you are being blessed. Remember John Wesley's mother
Please stop this crap

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nteogwuija(m): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Divija:
Calm down and appreciate your mother… would you prefer a flying mom?

So someone who's not religious automatically becomes a witch?

Wow!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Bebetter: 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2023
Your mama Dey pray for you, you Dey here dey complain. Let go bro. Na your mama born you, there’s nothing you can do about it. Enjoy the prayers.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Stronghold91: 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2023
I am a Christian and am very proud of being Christian, if you are looking for God
God is not in America
God is in Nigeria. thank God for Dr Olukuya
that man throughly led me to God
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
You have described my Mil.

Its a form of mental illness

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by isabi2lof: 11:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
That was how they turned one of my friend to grandma , she started putting on mazi gown , leaving her hair unkept , to the point of denying her husband sex , we talked sense into her brain before she was finally liberated,but before then nko , she and the pastor's wife fought one one grin grin , cos they noticed she was withdrawing from attending their services , she was also a catholic member .

Thank God we did not give up on her , it wasn't easy ,a beautiful lady with 2 children, you won't even know that she has given birth , all of a sudden she turned herself to an old woman, that she's now born again bla bla , sometimes she won't go to work , they're always having one prayer meeting or one program of the other...

If you don't use your brain , they will help you use it in a way that even the devil will be shocked ..

9 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by zinaunreal(m): 11:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
Typical of women. Jumping from one church to another. My mother thesame thing. It's disgusting

5 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by RussellRutherfo: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
SultanOfPuna:

Atheist don drop new sob story and Christophobia hate story.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Babaalagbo: 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2023
Watch your mothers in church groups. These groups are generally evil. Tell your mom NEVER to discuss you in their prayer groups. Once she does, watch your life and career go down

#kemitalksspiritual

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by RussellRutherfo: 11:35pm On Jul 12, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
If you're an African and you're a Christian, you're NOTHING but a European/Jewish slave.

You are palm oil, cannibal eating voodoo mu.gu.
Re: Religion Has Finished My Mother.. by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bebetter:
■ Your mama Dey pray for you, you Dey here dey complain. ■ Let go bro. Na your mama born you, there’s nothing you can do about it. Enjoy the prayers.
Pray for what exactly? She is busy milking her son to feed her babalawo pastors and you think it make sense to say she's praying for him? undecided

Abeg carry this una senseless emotional blackmail wey no get heads or tail enter gutter somewhere. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Predicts Who Will Win US Presidential Election... See Details / Modele Fatoyinbo: "My Husband Cannot Rape Anyone" - COZA Pastor's Wife / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.